April 19, 2024, 03:20:19 PM

Author Topic: The Lighter Side of World Cup  (Read 2124 times)

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Lighter Side of World Cup
« on: June 24, 2006, 01:23:09 PM »
Just get a email and sharing a laugh with allyuh....

It is just before the England v Brazil match. Ronaldinho goes into the Brazilian changing room to
find all his teammates looking a bit glum.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only England.
They're sh*te and we can't be bothered."

Ronaldinho looks at them and says, "Well, I reckon I can beat them by myself-you lads go down the pub."

So Ronaldinho goes out to play England by himself and the rest of the Brazilian team go off for a few jars.
after a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big
cheer goes up as the screen reads

"Brazil 1 - England 0 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes)". He is beating England all by himself!

A few pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers,  "It must be full time now, let's
see how he got on." They put the teletext on.

"Result from the Stadium 'Brazil 1 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes) - England 1 (Lampard 89 minutes)."

They can't believe it; he has single-handedly got a draw against England!!

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldinho. They find him in the dressing room, still
in his gear, sitting with his head in his hands.

He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down."

"Don't be daft, you got a draw against England, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very, very end!"

"No, no, I have, I've let you down...I got sent off after 12 minutes."
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline warriorchic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Lighter Side of World Cup
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 05:45:32 PM »
 :rotfl:

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 07:03:03 AM »
iz ah england fan and dat hurt eh...but ah laughing...lol

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 07:55:27 AM »
people underestimating england

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 10:09:41 AM »
Just humour fellas...just humour !!!
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 12:45:12 PM »
tears flowing from my eyes now after i laugh so much

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 12:59:39 PM »

It is just before the England v Brazil match. Ronaldinho goes into the Brazilian changing room to

"What's up?" he asks.

"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game. We know it's important but it's only England.

Ronaldinho looks at them and says, "Well, I reckon I can beat them by myself-you lads go down the pub."

So Ronaldinho goes out to play England by himself and the rest of the Brazilian team go off for a few jars.
after a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big

"Brazil 1 - England 0 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes)". He is beating England all by himself!

A few pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers,  "It must be full time now, let's

"Result from the Stadium 'Brazil 1 (Ronaldinho 10 minutes) - England 1 (Lampard 89 minutes)."

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldinho. They find him in the dressing room, still

"Don't be daft, you got a draw against England, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very, very end!"

Dis joke really making the rounds like a bad case of of SARS.

Here is a posting I copied from the Joke forum (June 3 by Mock de Dread) ...   

So Jamaica was seeking to play Brazil in an international friendly

Brazil brushes this off and says ok lets send Ronaldhino he alone should be able to take on the Jamaican side while we continue to train

so the match is now a (brazil 1 Ronaldhino) VS a (jamaican 11) stadium packed

First half score    Brazil 1 jamaica: 0

At full time the score Brazil: 1 Jamaica 1

Ronaldhino returns to the brazilian camp where he apologises to the whole team for the draw, he is very sorry for not properly representing brazil and humilating them with a draw

Coach: Ronaldino come on man it was only you you put us on top up to the first half agaisnt 11 men it was 1:0 thats remarkable

Ronaldino: yes coach but you dont understand

Coach: understand what you did great?

Ronaldhino: No i messed up in the second half, we could have won easily

Coach: how could u expect a better result R u did great, what happened in the second half anyway

Ronaldino: well in the first minute of the second half i made a bad tackle and got sent off, then they equalised, coach i'am so sorry
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 01:53:48 PM »

"What's up?" he asks.

the first time i hear this joke it was trinidad vs jamaica and the hot man was stern john...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>