Wim Rijsbergen
16 (21.3%)
Must be Dutch
15 (20%)
PFL Coach
1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Voting closed: June 29, 2006, 06:00:57 PM

Author Topic: PICK THE NEXT COACH !!  (Read 20476 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: PICK THE NEXT COACH !!
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2006, 07:11:03 PM »
Benchwarmer...

Look at the money and resources BSC got in his last tenure and come back to meh.

Watch the training camps in England Lilleshall and the quality and number of friendlies only to get Manneresed by St. Kitts and St. Vincent.

Take a look at his record...the time he had...the opposition he played against...and compare that to the SHIT we was playing.

TT games since 2000

Look at Beenie the # of friendlies, the time and the Drastic improvement in the side

Much was expected as much was given.

Also Stuart Charles Fevrier also got a very decent amount of tours prep.

BSC did not prepare our teams properly.......were you around when forumites used to have to send tapes to the ttff?

It is not about money and prep...it is experience and knowledge vs ameturism.

Besides if Bertille were still around we would have no Rasta on the side, no whitley, no Avery.......... and Derek King and Nigel Pierre in the 23.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2006, 07:24:35 PM »
I really hope beenhaker stays or wim......if not i would like us to keep the dutch influence in our game because it works for us.
The only other coach i had in mind altho he isnt dutch is martin o'neil former celtic coach.

Could someone explain to me exactly what is this dutch influence ppl refering too ? Like did we play a dutch system ala who? Did the dutch play a similar system ? Did we play ah old Real system instituted bt a dutch coach ? or was it really ah mexican system by a dutch coach adapted to ah past Tobogonian system, controlled by a Tobagonian captain trained by a Man U system, with ah lil piece of down under ?

What were the indicators of this system, that made it different from the French system , or Spanish system for eg..? :D

watching the france - spain game today, had me thinking we need a coach from france or spain - in my opinion the french and spanish attack through the middle of the defence more often than the dutch teams.  I think that's why when latapy came on and started to attack thru the middle he look like a superhero...but I've noticed the dutch teams of yore attack down the flanks....whcih I don't think is our style - think of the kerry jamerson bullet, or the birchall bullet, or many t&t mermorable goals, always come baout by posession near the center...
alright doh buff mih too much for my 2 cents.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2006, 08:16:52 PM »
Could someone explain to me exactly what is this dutch influence ppl refering too ? Like did we play a dutch system ala who? Did the dutch play a similar system ? Did we play ah old Real system instituted bt a dutch coach ? or was it really ah mexican system by a dutch coach adapted to ah past Tobogonian system, controlled by a Tobagonian captain trained by a Man U system, with ah lil piece of down under ?

What were the indicators of this system, that made it different from the French system , or Spanish system for eg..? :D

Ah know yuh bein facetious....but....I think it is a philosophy rather than a system with ball possession being emphasised. I don't remember a T&T team that continually kept or tried to keep possession and build the play as much as this team.

Jes my crumb a hops bread.

But Los, is there any philosopy in football that does not emphasize ball possession, unless is rank 2 touch yuh playing, then yuh does have to leave it dey...I agree though our possession improved big time, but I don't think that was any indication of any particular philosophy(e.g dutch), ah see Brazil buss 25 pass before scoring today....so ah jus thinking in trying to analyze whatever BeenE did, lehwe not make it bigger than what it is, I think he had we playing modern football, and not try to hit Sren John, and hope the ball bad bounce the opposing team defence, or solely depend on one individual to ride ah moment of brilliance...I think he simply brought a total team play, that everybody used....also the only dutch philosophy I really recall, came about whereby, the Dutch rotated positions as the play changed or developed, so that in some cases a defender may ending up overlapping and for a short while play as a forward, for eg...I think they called it "A clockwork Orange", ah coincidence of words with the movie..
I don't know of any modern day philsophies, other than what is modern football, whereby if you have fast guys , you give them space to run, and combined with someone who can recieve or head, yuh have train to make accurate crosses...i.e. you develop your team success and strengths, based on your individual strengths...as opposed to attempt to gain team successes, based on individual success alone...
I know it have many students of the game here, can somebody give an example of a particular nation philosophy today, or is every modern coach, exchanging info and applying whatever combination of philosophies are suitable to team DEVELOPment ?  I was under the impression that modern football is the latter, and no set system or philsophy. Wha allyuh think

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2006, 09:33:22 PM »
Benchwarmer...

Look at the money and resources BSC got in his last tenure and come back to meh.

Watch the training camps in England Lilleshall and the quality and number of friendlies only to get Manneresed by St. Kitts and St. Vincent.

Take a look at his record...the time he had...the opposition he played against...and compare that to the SHIT we was playing.

TT games since 2000

Look at Beenie the # of friendlies, the time and the Drastic improvement in the side

Much was expected as much was given.

Also Stuart Charles Fevrier also got a very decent amount of tours prep.

BSC did not prepare our teams properly.......were you around when forumites used to have to send tapes to the ttff?

It is not about money and prep...it is experience and knowledge vs ameturism.

Besides if Bertille were still around we would have no Rasta on the side, no whitley, no Avery.......... and Derek King and Nigel Pierre in the 23.

yeah but just observing.....

but the old ppl say.... give a man a fish.. feed him for a day.. teach a man to fish.. feed him for a life time...

i not against foreign coaches.. but we go get the attitude that everything foreign better....
If we did like Jamaica and when we reach to the WC only get a whole set of english with trinidadian parentage the forum woulda be in an uproar.

I agree that local coaches go be swayed by influences that foreign would but.....
let we get a balance... send them on a course let them sit in with the foreign coaches and pick up a thing or two...dont just disregard all locals....because is them still have to train the young yorkes' and latas.

So let we think about helping them so we can be selfsufficient..

now yuh talk bout experience and knowledge vs ameturism..but they cyah get experience if they dont get the oppotunity....

so a player that get hurt young just suppose to give up the game cause Trinidadian cyah coach.

now i not like most ppl on the forum. i come for discussion not an agruement. i is listen to points and maybe change my mind. i not going to cuss and get on. so lewe discuss

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2006, 12:16:11 PM »
Dunno how Rene Simoes not up there

Simoes nah. I feel that Dutch or German coaching would compliment our natural ability by giving us tactical discipline and depth, that is what we need! Beenhaker tapped it perfectly and now we need to build on it.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2006, 12:57:43 PM »
Spanish head coach with 2-dutch (tacticians) assistant
Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2006, 01:00:43 PM »
I dont know bout who is.. but i know who is shouldnt be... JOSE PECKERMAN :cursing:

1]; } ?>