April 18, 2024, 10:45:32 PM

Author Topic: WARRIORS given....  (Read 7741 times)

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WARRIORS given....
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2006, 10:15:44 AM »
Allyuh doh get vex with me eh. but I have a slightly different spin on the thing.

Firstly, I was considering the salaries these players earn.  Maybe around 1000 pounds a week average ?
That should work out to around TT$40,000.00 a month.  That even more than the prime minister making.  So them fellas not hungry..if yuh know what ah mean.

Secondly they not living here and a lot of them have house and land here already anyway.
So I would have given them a bounty yes, but less than the million and mix it up with things that they family could benefit from too.  Things like free medical for they family for 5 yrs, deferred full scholarships for their children when they come of age...or anybody they nominate to benefit from things like that.  Free flights on the national airline for a time.  Free entry to all football games for life.  Do things so that their names will live on...so when we grandchildren ask us "why they name that buidling Yorke Towers ?"  we could say because he was the capt of the first (hopefully not only) T&T team to make the WC in 2006...we used to call them the Soca Warriors (wiping the tears from our eyes).

You see when yuh look at the WHOLE picture, we really rewarding the fellas for making it to the WC, which is the best accomplishment ever.  The performance in the WC was beyond expectations because we never see the team play so before...I hope they continue to play so....but the results were ordinary by world standards.  Off course we do better than plenty other so called big teams.

My concern is that there were other performances that should have been recognised in the past and were not.  The NATIONAL cricket team just months ago won the regional titles...both one-day and first class.  That was after a drought of more than 20 yrs in the wilderness, and NOBODY came to meet them in the airport.  No bounty was bestowed on them, even though is only regional and not a world event.  George Bovel, first medal for swimming in the olympics. What Ato get ? Hasely Crawford just get a house the other day.  Only Lara really get tangible pips. But forget about the past.  What about the future ?  Will the team to make WC 2010 expect the same bounty or more after yuh consider inflation.  What about the Olympic teams of the future ?

As some of you mention, just putting on the jersey and representing mih country woulda be thanks enough.

As for the talk about bringing the country together like no other politicians before....that is a bunch of BS as far as I am concern.  Because the same day we play Paraguay...man was getting gun down in town and a couple people get chop up for one reason or the other.   UNC still fighting with PNM, and UNC still fighting in between deyself too.  Indian and African still behavin like the country is dem own alone.  What dey should say is that for a period in time everybody shared a common interest in wanting the warriors to win dey matches.

But the performances did insprire pride in all of us, and the PM put it nice too in that a lot of benefits came from the off-de-field antics rather than on-de-field preformances.  Let we hope the stadium could be even half full for the next warrior game...otherwise you woud see how much waggonist it have in this country.

:applause: :applause:

You made alot of sense here

I did not think the guys were shafted cause I remebered about their club salaries and already existing real estate did not think about other alternatives. But the Prime Minister did speak with Yorke after he consulted with the team to find out about what the team wanted. Didn't he???

If that were true that just goes to show what we as a ppl value more.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2006, 10:36:20 AM »
That money was wayyy more than i expected Manning to give out and any more would have been irresponsible on his part. Remember that the players would have also or were supposed to get money from Fifa as well. Thirty one million dollars($31,000,000.00) is a lot of money to be just giving away just so and on top of that some of you wanted them to get house and land. Madness!!! They were overly rewarded here and by no means should any of them or any of us be vex. One thing that this reward should do is raise the motivation levels of our future players because just making the cup again will not suffice because no extra rewards will come out of that but if they were to make the 2nd round or further, they would then be rewarded.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2006, 02:41:43 PM »

source:

manning was on tv today and told the nation what they would be getting.

i find that it was real gift. the shares would be worth alot in years to come and also the managing the money workshop. thats a great idea. man go want to go in the zen and spend all that paper. and go broke.

goverment did well i found. 23 pieces of land with the million would be redicilous...

Like Trinidad have dat much land tuh give away anyways....

I too agree with the package, very well done.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2006, 02:46:28 PM »
Allyuh doh get vex with me eh. but I have a slightly different spin on the thing.

Firstly, I was considering the salaries these players earn.  Maybe around 1000 pounds a week average ?
That should work out to around TT$40,000.00 a month.  That even more than the prime minister making.  So them fellas not hungry..if yuh know what ah mean.

Secondly they not living here and a lot of them have house and land here already anyway.
So I would have given them a bounty yes, but less than the million and mix it up with things that they family could benefit from too.  Things like free medical for they family for 5 yrs, deferred full scholarships for their children when they come of age...or anybody they nominate to benefit from things like that.  Free flights on the national airline for a time.  Free entry to all football games for life.  Do things so that their names will live on...so when we grandchildren ask us "why they name that buidling Yorke Towers ?"  we could say because he was the capt of the first (hopefully not only) T&T team to make the WC in 2006...we used to call them the Soca Warriors (wiping the tears from our eyes).

You see when yuh look at the WHOLE picture, we really rewarding the fellas for making it to the WC, which is the best accomplishment ever.  The performance in the WC was beyond expectations because we never see the team play so before...I hope they continue to play so....but the results were ordinary by world standards.  Off course we do better than plenty other so called big teams.

My concern is that there were other performances that should have been recognised in the past and were not.  The NATIONAL cricket team just months ago won the regional titles...both one-day and first class.  That was after a drought of more than 20 yrs in the wilderness, and NOBODY came to meet them in the airport.  No bounty was bestowed on them, even though is only regional and not a world event.  George Bovel, first medal for swimming in the olympics. What Ato get ? Hasely Crawford just get a house the other day.  Only Lara really get tangible pips. But forget about the past.  What about the future ?  Will the team to make WC 2010 expect the same bounty or more after yuh consider inflation.  What about the Olympic teams of the future ?

As some of you mention, just putting on the jersey and representing mih country woulda be thanks enough.

As for the talk about bringing the country together like no other politicians before....that is a bunch of BS as far as I am concern.  Because the same day we play Paraguay...man was getting gun down in town and a couple people get chop up for one reason or the other.   UNC still fighting with PNM, and UNC still fighting in between deyself too.  Indian and African still behavin like the country is dem own alone.  What dey should say is that for a period in time everybody shared a common interest in wanting the warriors to win dey matches.

But the performances did insprire pride in all of us, and the PM put it nice too in that a lot of benefits came from the off-de-field antics rather than on-de-field preformances.  Let we hope the stadium could be even half full for the next warrior game...otherwise you woud see how much waggonist it have in this country.

You miss the point and purpose spectacularly...anyone who was there in Germany could easily tell you the impact the team (and it's fans and the soca artistes) had in Germany.  They were all collectively, cultural ambassadors for TnT...that deserves reward in of itself.

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2006, 03:53:39 PM »
I think we should have a set system for how we reward athletes.
Whether it is from giving them money to continue thier training or helping them with housing etc. However there is no set system so that it when it comes time to give any kind of reward comparisons are always being made.

Offline GyurlTrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2006, 04:23:33 PM »
lol, dey did say d staff who was dey helpin wud b rewarded, & 4 d 1 who thought dat d team cuda been given land, dat sorta ting wuda meant dat d team wuda had 2 meet wit d governmetn 2 discuss d rewards & wuk out details b4 dey make d announcement - D TEAM MADE IT CLEAR DAT DEY HAD NO INTENTION OF TELLIN D GOVERNMENT WAT DEY WANTED, dey tell d government dat DEY GO ACCEPT WAT EVA D GOVERNMENT WANT 2 GI DEM & obviously since d government had no idea wat d team wuda really prefer / need dey jus figure money is d safest ting 2 gi dem. I mean supposin d government had give dem land or wateva & d team members decide dey doh no wat 2 do wit d land cuz dey really doh need it, but dey cud always use money - money more useful dan other tings like land & units in d unit trust means dey cud use d money 2 put away 4 dey children, 2 sen dem 2 a good college / university, etc.
Luv Kat

1]; } ?>