March 28, 2024, 11:04:33 AM

Author Topic: England vs Ecuador  (Read 9839 times)

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
England vs Ecuador
« on: June 25, 2006, 07:00:44 AM »
come on wazza...lets get it on... :devil: :devil: :devil:

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: England vs Ecuador
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 07:42:09 AM »
as ah say before this go be a stroll fuh England..but ah hear the temperature go be high though
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 07:53:07 AM »
nah this go be a good game,ecuador playing some nice ball,the defeat to germany was a good wake up call for them,but that england midfield will be the deciding factor

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 07:59:24 AM »
I am actually picking Ecuador for this one.

England is not playing good ball and they seem to be underestimating Ecuador.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 07:59:46 AM »
I feel England will be strugling on this one.
Ecuador getting the same respect that Ghana was getting - before they buss the Czech Republic ass.

It will be hot, Ecuador can defend, have a nice knock and can score. This is no walk in the park.

I know Argentina still breathing a sigh of relief after playing a 'weak' Mexico side.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 09:12:09 AM »
Right now, this game have no excitement
as isay that, Ecuador nearly score.

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 09:12:16 AM »
england nearly get a goal in their tail yes...Cole save dem

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 09:42:27 AM »
Once again, why a s@#@snake like balboa only criticizing players, like he was any good?
At least when Georgio chinaglia do it it have some weight.
Whole game all Balboa doing is talking about the Ref, and which play not any good.
This is why i was ewatching in in spanish. But I have guests, so I have to watch ESPN.

I feel they go be learning Espanol para futboll in the second half...

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 09:54:02 AM »

ecuador 0-0 england at the half

ecuador looks good.

rooney not getting any balls and england look shakey and well is in the hott sun to

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 09:56:58 AM »
Once again, why a s@#@snake like balboa only criticizing players, like he was any good?
At least when Georgio chinaglia do it it have some weight.
Whole game all Balboa doing is talking about the Ref, and which play not any good.
This is why i was ewatching in in spanish. But I have guests, so I have to watch ESPN.

I feel they go be learning Espanol para futboll in the second half...
and dey call him 'Chello'..ah wonder if dey trying to fool unsuspecting people that he is a genius with he one word name lol
ah cant remember exactly what he say during the first half but it seems like he never see Beckham play before lol
i feel they should send them boys to Europe a few months before the next tournament start to read some back pages and have a better idea what really goes on in a football match.

this game really flecking boring though
dey have Carrick in the side to start the play..he must be touch the ball bout 10 times..steups
England should go with 3 at the back..sub Hargreaves and Lampard and bring on Crouch and Carragher.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 10:20:57 AM »
Like Beenie say....England is a Set Piece Team.  That is how they get MOST of their goals.

Beckham just score. He bend it

That ball just sneak in dey boy

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 10:29:40 AM »
england look impressive sometime and nervous the next. but u cant underestimate ecuador..they are a v.good side..espesh in the heat

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 10:39:51 AM »
mind u look at de players they r dead. and it aint jus england. ecuador look close to losing it..basically the game jus a few passes rare chances..back out again..
cant blame them tho..the heat is deadly. becks look like he ganna puke just before. then a ecuador player nerly collapse

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 10:55:28 AM »
That was probably the most sloppy game I've seen in this world cup  ???

England very mediocre again. Playing ok one min, then sloppy the next.

Equador, well now i know why they win most of their games at home, and only won away for the first time in 2002. Very toothless. Trinidad played with more intelligence and fight than that.

I hope the holland Vs Portugal game is better.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 11:20:27 AM »
ENGLAND!!!![/b]

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 11:32:02 AM »
That was probably the most sloppy game I've seen in this world cup ???

Equador, well now i know why they win most of their games at home, and only won away for the first time in 2002. Very toothless. Trinidad played with more intelligence and fight than that.

I agree with you here. But the weather guy said this could be the hottest day of the summer. and it wasnt jus england who were suffering. I agree sometime england were sloppy..but people are judging them too much..argentina were sloppy.
England did however..have alot more possession..the formation works well...lampard jus needs to finish more..and rooney can get in more shots..crouch is another option.
Carrick got man of the match..well deserved i have to say..he holds the midfield with excellent passing. The weather definetley played a big big part today. But both sides were humble and did not complain. Beckham was actually sick during the game..credit to him puttin up with that lool. Fantastic free kick.

I must stress tho..england did look much more comfortable on the ball...with alot more possession. In the 89th minute they had chances.. and coming from who? Rooney.
He has just returned from a miracle injury. Nobody expected him to be fantastic. but he gives 100 %. Poor finishing from lampard..great skill from rooney..lampard needs a goal and he will be up with confidence. Ii do feel now that the bigger the team they play...the better england will be.

Ecuador were a bit dissapointing but again i think the weather got to them too. Some good passing and a few failed chances.
There main chance was going in..dunno what robinson was doin...probably sun stroke.lol. But a fantastic run back from ashley cole to deflect it off the cross bar. he must have run 15 yards. Brilliant defence from rio ferdiand also.. Terry looked sloppy at times.

PRetty boring game but u notice it was very hard work to play out there. Ice baths for svens team i say.

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 11:40:43 AM »
That was probably the most sloppy game I've seen in this world cup ???

I agree with you here. But the weather guy said this could be the hottest day of the summer. and it wasnt jus england who were suffering. I agree sometime england were sloppy..but people are judging them too much..argentina were sloppy.
England did however..have alot more possession..the formation works well...lampard jus needs to finish more..and rooney can get in more shots..crouch is another option.
Carrick got man of the match..well deserved i have to say..he holds the midfield with excellent passing. The weather definetley played a big big part today. But both sides were humble and did not complain. Beckham was actually sick during the game..credit to him puttin up with that lool. Fantastic free kick.

I must stress tho..england did look much more comfortable on the ball...with alot more possession. In the 89th minute they had chances.. and coming from who? Rooney.
He has just returned from a miracle injury. Nobody expected him to be fantastic. but he gives 100 %. Poor finishing from lampard..great skill from rooney..lampard needs a goal and he will be up with confidence. Ii do feel now that the bigger the team they play...the better england will be.

Ecuador were a bit dissapointing but again i think the weather got to them too. Some good passing and a few failed chances.
There main chance was going in..dunno what robinson was doin...probably sun stroke.lol. But a fantastic run back from ashley cole to deflect it off the cross bar. he must have run 15 yards. Brilliant defence from rio ferdiand also.. Terry looked sloppy at times.

PRetty boring game but u notice it was very hard work to play out there. Ice baths for svens team i say.

I appreciate the positive spin on it, but it doesnt hide the fact that out of all the "big teams" England (probably France as well) have been extremely poor. In my honest opinion, I do not want any team winning a World Cup riding their luck like England and playing like England. If you wanna be world champions, do it in style and show the world why you have the class and quality to do it. Don't stumble and stutter and only show 5 min cameos of class. And England need to stop using this excuse of hot weather! its pathetic.

Prove to the world you are world class. And Argentina played a very good Mexican team who would have put England to the sword today. Full marks for Argentina's resilience and class which shone through and full marks for the Mexicans. Who unlike Equador, showed fight, class and intelligence.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 12:04:23 PM »
Nobody used the excuse as the weather i alredy say that..but it was hot. U have to think tho.. back when italy won it..they scraped through the group stages did fairly poor..continuining to improve and then when it matter they did it.
England have not hit peak yet .they admit that. but they are in the quarter finals ..not many can say that.
they will improve they alredy have started to do so.

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 12:56:20 PM »
The match was again not Englands full potential. Some sparks here and there.....Rooney did have his moments..despite his injury and late comeback to the Tournament this match he showed some of his great skill.
Props to Becks for his effort, even on a sick stomach (i think)..brilliant goal

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 02:07:30 PM »

Hoss, you sounding like you talking real tata...
If by 'the first time' you mean the first time in a world cup, you right. Except that it was their first ever participation in a world cup. So they actually did better than Trinidad. and they now have a record of 3 wins and 3 losses in 6 world cup matches (two of those wins being against european sides)

If by the first time you mean the first time ever, then you talking real tata - their earliest recorded win away from home is against columbia (according to fifa) in 1965

Both sides look anemic and even the commentators seated in the stadium were complaining about the extreme heat. What you wanted ecuador to do, fight like lions burn themselves out byt he 60th and then take 3 goals?

You also seem to forget that other than the goal, Ecuador had the two best occasions (the shot that hit the bar and the cross that Ferdinand hit out for a corner stealing it from the striker)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 02:15:21 PM »

If by 'the first time' you mean the first time in a world cup, you right. Except that it was their first ever participation in a world cup. So they actually did better than Trinidad. and they now have a record of 3 wins and 3 losses in 6 world cup matches (two of those wins being against european sides)

If by the first time you mean the first time ever, then you talking real tata - their earliest recorded win away from home is against columbia (according to fifa) in 1965

Both sides look anemic and even the commentators seated in the stadium were complaining about the extreme heat. What you wanted ecuador to do, fight like lions burn themselves out byt he 60th and then take 3 goals?

You also seem to forget that other than the goal, Ecuador had the two best occasions (the shot that hit the bar and the cross that Ferdinand hit out for a corner stealing it from the striker)

Yes i meant first world cup win, and regardless of all the stats you quoted, they were still shit!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2006, 03:39:54 PM »

Yes i meant first world cup win, and regardless of all the stats you quoted, they were still shit!

Thats the attitude. Wrong and strong is always the way to go.  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2006, 08:57:06 PM »
England is real shit.
Plenty licks for dem in de nex rounds.

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 10:59:55 PM »
BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

England did not look impressive or even good today. However, they may have it a little easier against Portugal since Portugal have to quite a bit of tinkering to their line given the amount yellow and red cards they received.

Offline Valefan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 12:19:30 AM »
I notice that there is alot of common sense on here but there is also alot of the usual England bashing. We have done what we've had to in every game we've played- we topped the group and now we're in the quarters. We've won 3 and drawn 1- only letting in 2 goals whilst scoring 6. That's pretty good form if you ask me.
Now we play a Portugal side with 3, possibly 4 of their best players missing! We've got to fancy our chances really as we do have quality all the way throught the team

By the way your lads, especially Yorke and Chrissy B were exceptional against England and showed some real spirit. You did your selves proud on and off the pitch and I look forward to seeing your players and fans  in South Africa in 4 years!
GOOOO on Me MUM

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 02:48:48 AM »
I notice that there is alot of common sense on here but there is also alot of the usual England bashing. We have done what we've had to in every game we've played- we topped the group and now we're in the quarters. We've won 3 and drawn 1- only letting in 2 goals whilst scoring 6. That's pretty good form if you ask me.
Now we play a Portugal side with 3, possibly 4 of their best players missing! We've got to fancy our chances really as we do have quality all the way throught the team

By the way your lads, especially Yorke and Chrissy B were exceptional against England and showed some real spirit. You did your selves proud on and off the pitch and I look forward to seeing your players and fans  in South Africa in 4 years!

Thanks for the praise. I hear what you saying about England, and some people will bash England. Its an open forum and some people dont like England as a team. Opinion is opinion even if it is negative. As far as I am concerned, I sincerely do not want a team "playing" like England to win the world cup. To me it would be an anticlimax when good playing teams fail to beat a team who just luckily stumble into the final. And that is exactly what England are doing. No real consistant quality, just luckily stumbling through. Out of all the big teams, they have been the worst performing. And we keep hearing that "they are getting better"   ???   "the best is yet to come"  ???  "the conditions were tough out there"   ???  "but its about results"  -  All sorts of weak rhetoric to mask the fact that England (this supposedly world class team with the best defence midfield and attack in the world - according to Tabloid press) are poor! Very poor! I dont think any true football fan, who loves the beautiful game would like to see the WC won by another "Liverpool/Greece" type team. Thats just my opinion.

Offline Valefan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 03:25:53 AM »

I'm not knocking the others on this forum- I mean the press and the general English public. I appreciate the opinion of real football fans but the british public find it easier to poan about the team becasue they don't want to big the team up because we might lose. I still think that we are going to win the cup and I have no interestin other England "fans" who say other wise. You have every right to your opinions and to be fair we aren't playing the best footy and Owen is a real loss but why be pesimistic!?!

I think that we're playing like the Germans in the last world cup and it seem to work for them!
GOOOO on Me MUM

1]; } ?>