April 26, 2024, 10:12:21 PM

Author Topic: PESSOTTO IN POSSIBLE SUICIDE BID  (Read 4809 times)

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
PESSOTTO IN POSSIBLE SUICIDE BID
« on: June 27, 2006, 03:35:56 PM »
PESSOTTO IN POSSIBLE SUICIDE BID

Italy's players have paid tribute to Juventus' new team manager Gianluca Pessotto after he was rushed to hospital following a fall from a window at the club's headquarters in Turin.

The 35-year-old former Juventus player fell from the top floor of the building, hitting two parked cars before landing on the ground.

He has sustained multiple fractures, but is not believed to be in a life-threatening condition.

Reports say Pessotto threw himself off the balcony on the second floor while holding a rosary in his hands. Police are investigating it as a possible suicide attempt.

The Italy squad is in Germany preparing for a World Cup quarter-final match against Ukraine and defender Marco Materazzi issued a few words on behalf of the team.

"I am shocked, he is a friend of ours," Materazzi said.

"A lot of us have played with him in the national team. We saw him the other day as he had come to watch us play against the Czech Republic.

"I and the rest of my colleagues here hope that he can recover as soon as possible. We Azzurri are close to him."

Fabio Cannavaro, a former team-mate of Pessotto's at Juventus, left an Italy press conference on Tuesday afternoon after being told of the incident, describing him as "the best man in the world".

Juventus chief press officer Marco Girotto was also shocked by events, and told www.gazzetta.it: "We don't know how this has happened. We'll see.

"Gianluca reportedly has multiple fractures but they are not life threatening."

Pessotto ended his playing career at the end of last season to take on a new role as Juve's team manager on May 27.

He began his footballing career in the AC Milan youth team before moving north of the city to join fourth division side Varese in 1989.

A move to Massese in the following year took him up a division and into the spotlight of Bologna, who gave him his Serie B bow in 1992.

After a spell with Hellas Verona, his Serie A career began with Torino in 1994 for whom he made 32 appearances before crossing the city to join Juventus.

He won six Serie A titles with the Bianconeri and one Champions League trophy in his first season.

He was also capped 22 times by the Azzurri and appeared at both the 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000.
 http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overseas/italy/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/06/27/manual_141104.html&TEAMHD=italy
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PESSOTTO IN POSSIBLE SUICIDE BID
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 03:36:58 PM »
pressure

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 03:39:08 PM »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 03:43:15 PM »
LOL OMG

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 03:56:44 PM »
First the Juventus scandall,now this, it eh looking too good for Juventus reputation,this incident make them look even more guilty :-\

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 03:57:32 PM »
after the allegations that are arising... yes i think so... unfortunate.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 04:00:18 PM »
steups he wah sympathy yes..if no body did push him. if he wnated to kill eh self he woulda use ha gun to de roof of th emouth. this jumoing. in sleepying pills and drinking poison is make out scene. and a big for pity. he eh serious.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 04:16:06 PM »
Two Italian WC players went to visit him in Italy.
One is Del Piero, they will come back to germany after the visit.
They left directly after the news ( during a press conference)
edit : the other must be Materazzi ( I think)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 04:18:53 PM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 04:20:01 PM »
More worries for the Italian squad. But this latest thing would sting more. I hope he survives.  :(

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 04:21:01 PM »
Some people real unfeelin yes.  Fuh any human bein to reach a kinda despair whey dem feel de only option is to end dey life is someting I wouldn't wish on a enemy.  Buh say wha....to each his own.

I sayin a lil prater fuh Pessotto.  Imagine was one a we players....wonder wha de lyrics woulda be like den?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 04:25:07 PM »
steups he wah sympathy yes..if no body did push him. if he wnated to kill eh self he woulda use ha gun to de roof of th emouth. this jumoing. in sleepying pills and drinking poison is make out scene. and a big for pity. he eh serious.

Well he musbe time he jump real good then, to land on dem two cars. Have some sympathy fuh de man nah. lol The man probably was in a serious stae of depression to want to commit suicide.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 04:48:09 PM »

Well he musbe time he jump real good then, to land on dem two cars. Have some sympathy fuh de man nah. lol The man probably was in a serious stae of depression to want to commit suicide.
i am sure the stae of depression is self induced....if he wasnt involved in dat shit he woulda be feelign sorry..i am sure he survve casuse he didnt dive head first..damn joker
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 04:50:07 PM »
ah hope nobody ent push him
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 04:53:39 PM »
Some of allyuh men not easy.  If it was latas allyuh woulda be singing ah different tune.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 04:58:44 PM »
Some of allyuh men not easy.  If it was latas allyuh woulda be singing ah different tune.
if it was latas and he was in the same situation i wouldnt......i woulda sya de same thing

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 05:00:29 PM »

i am sure the stae of depression is self induced....if he wasnt involved in dat shit he woulda be feelign sorry..i am sure he survve casuse he didnt dive head first..damn joker

Musbe de rosary in he hand save him? *shrug*
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 05:01:30 PM »

nah boss more like he was aimin tuh fack up dem  cars dem  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 05:11:17 PM »

nah boss more like he was aimin tuh fack up dem  cars dem  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Eh, only Trinis could laugh at serious ting yuh know! LoL Ting tuh cry for men laughing. When ah tell yuh...
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 05:32:21 PM »
Is Italy we talking about, somebody pelt he ass out dat window. They probably give him a little preview of Superman returns. Tell him if yuh talk, next flight will be from the top floor
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 05:34:05 PM »
Is Italy we talking about, somebody pelt he ass out dat window. They probably give him a little preview of Superman returns. Tell him if yuh talk, next flight will be from the top floor

Yuh know...I eh consider dat but yuh could be damn right!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 05:35:41 PM »

Yuh know...I eh consider dat but yuh could be damn right!
the mafioso shhhhhhhh :violin: :nailbiting:

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 08:05:31 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
wtf!!!maybe some disgruntled or drunk juve fan decide to enact some revenge there

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 08:30:09 PM »
I am hoping he was not stupid enough to think that a fall from the 2nd floor would kill him.
I feel he get push or fall by accident.

Offline Johpants

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 08:59:08 AM »
According to reports he has not been in any way implicated in the current scandal.

1]; } ?>