April 25, 2024, 05:36:58 PM

Author Topic: Inequality....... RIDICULOUS  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Warrior30

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Inequality....... RIDICULOUS
« on: June 25, 2006, 01:35:47 PM »
From reading what the players got, I think it is a good deal. However, I think it is riduclous that we have men who never play in de qualifiers and make the 24 aint even see a FULL INTERNATIONAL in any of the warm ups and they get 1mil.

They give to the 16, all well and good. But some of those men who I assume in the 16 have played much more than some of these who were in the final 24. Some of them being long serving members of the T&T National team getting a 250K. When yuh have a man like Wise who fool the coaches and everyone with a display of talent against a GRENADA XI and I repeat A GRENADA XI and never played in the qualifiers to earn more than the guys who was there from the start.

Last but not least. I notice that the management and support staff was not mentioned in getting rewards. That is very distasteful by the government if this is so. People like Bruce and the other managers, Iken who has been the equipment manager for years and Mr. Fuentas who was good enough to keep all of us updated with the many articles and pictures from Germany and throughout the campaign have nothing to show but memories. Everyone deserves in this campaign and a little more Equality should have been shown with everyone at least getting a CHACONIA GOLD MEDAL.

Just my 2cents. Hope these guys are not disheartened by the inequality and bounce back and still be willing to represent the country.

If yuh is not a waggonist yuh will know the players I talking bout
For de love of de game

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Inequality....... RIDICULOUS
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 01:47:18 PM »
ay, Hardest not getting no million dollars...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »
Your right about Wise,this is him saying 1 million dollars hmmmm

« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 02:30:37 PM by Compre »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 03:10:02 PM »
Alyuh not easy nah......damn if you do, damn if you don't.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline GyurlTrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 03:20:36 PM »
From reading what the players got, I think it is a good deal. However, I think it is riduclous that we have men who never play in de qualifiers and make the 24 aint even see a FULL INTERNATIONAL in any of the warm ups and they get 1mil.

They give to the 16, all well and good. But some of those men who I assume in the 16 have played much more than some of these who were in the final 24. Some of them being long serving members of the T&T National team getting a 250K. When yuh have a man like Wise who fool the coaches and everyone with a display of talent against a GRENADA XI and I repeat A GRENADA XI and never played in the qualifiers to earn more than the guys who was there from the start.

Last but not least. I notice that the management and support staff was not mentioned in getting rewards. That is very distasteful by the government if this is so. People like Bruce and the other managers, Iken who has been the equipment manager for years and Mr. Fuentas who was good enough to keep all of us updated with the many articles and pictures from Germany and throughout the campaign have nothing to show but memories. Everyone deserves in this campaign and a little more Equality should have been shown with everyone at least getting a CHACONIA GOLD MEDAL.

Just my 2cents. Hope these guys are not disheartened by the inequality and bounce back and still be willing to represent the country.

If yuh is not a waggonist yuh will know the players I talking bout

I was there for that ceremony & I actually do remember they did say that the management & support staff were going to be rewarded. I don't remember what they specifically said in the way of rewards for them, but Beenhakker (who was not there) was called the manager of the team (& not Jack Warner) & he got the Chaconia Gold (along with the rest of the team who played) & also 1 million in units from the unit trust corporation. They didn't comment on that in the reports of the ceremony that I read in the newspapers today though.

*edit* - according to the article from the Trinidad Guardian, which Flex was able to post here (http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=18149.0 ),
* $250,000 cash for each of three assistants to Dutch coach Leo Beenhakker.
- the three assistants mentioned are (as far as I know) the support staff that I think FL Warrior was talking about - there's the evidence that they are going to be rewarded.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 04:01:50 PM by GyurlTrini »
Luv Kat

Offline Warrior30

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 04:01:56 PM »
i was there for that ceremony & I actually do remember they did say that the management & support staff were going to be rewarded. I don't remember what they specifically said in the way of rewards for them, but Beenhakker (who was not there) was called the manager of the team (& not Jack Warner) & he got the Chaconia Gold (along with the rest of the team who played) & also 1 million in units from the unit trust corporation. They didn't comment on that in the reports of the ceremony that I read in the newspapers today though.

Beenie and de coaching staff got hooked but not Management and other staff memebers
For de love of de game

Offline GyurlTrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 04:57:05 PM »
hmm, well I dunno bout that, but to some extent I'm not surprised. The government would not have known all who were on the staff. Anyways, a thought that just occurred to me is that perhaps it would be more fitting for the team themselves to reward the rest of the staff, or atleast put in a good word for them to the government, but it's the team & the coaching staff that were mostly in the public eye & that would have been why the government would have thought of them first - even in the ceremony tho, they forgot to give Silvio Spann his Chaconia Gold medal & it was only when the rest of the team were on the stage & realised that the ceremony was going on with Silvio still in the stands that they converged on the PM & acting president & informed them that they'd forgotten to give Silvio his medal (LOL - for me that was the biggest joke of that ceremony - the government forgetting to reward someone who actually was on the team- the newspapers conveniently left that part out tho, lol).
Luv Kat

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 06:14:33 PM »
Whey sar.... Is like d government cyah please nobody yes. Argument before dat d gov't sticking with the payment before WC. Now that the players and coaching staff get their due people crying about how much was distributed to whom. And since when we rewarding managerial staff for doing their job. I sure they were part of the initial budget and got paid accordingly, we all agree that the players and coaching staff performed above expectancy and were compensated accordingly. 
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

1]; } ?>