March 29, 2024, 06:02:45 AM

Author Topic: How everybody railing off on poor Evans Wise now?  (Read 8345 times)

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
How everybody railing off on poor Evans Wise now?
« on: June 25, 2006, 04:22:17 PM »
People on this board is real kicks oui.  I love it.  Man see evans play a friendly against Grenada (flickin Grenada) and man insisting that we must make room for him on the squad.  Cornell should stay injured, they should sacrifice WOlfe etc.  This was the same evans that was tried by coach after national coach and found wanting.  Fools gold you call that.  Now man begrudging him he million.  By the way, does anybody still favor Jack over Shaka?  I say these things so that we could keep our views in perspective and that we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously.  Sports at the highest level is about results and Beenie's record would show that when he took over we had 1 pt. in qualifying.  The rest is history.  All those who are armchair critics of the mn should bear this in mind,

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: How everybody railing off on poor Evans Wise now?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 05:08:17 PM »
People on this board is real kicks oui.  I love it.  Man see evans play a friendly against Grenada (flickin Grenada) and man insisting that we must make room for him on the squad.  Cornell should stay injured, they should sacrifice WOlfe etc.  This was the same evans that was tried by coach after national coach and found wanting.  Fools gold you call that.  Now man begrudging him he million.  By the way, does anybody still favor Jack over Shaka?  I say these things so that we could keep our views in perspective and that we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously.  Sports at the highest level is about results and Beenie's record would show that when he took over we had 1 pt. in qualifying.  The rest is history.  All those who are armchair critics of the mn should bear this in mind,

Well which one is it PEG?  You say that sports at the highest evel is about results, and that we should take out views in perspective and not take ourselves too seriously.

Yet it is plainly clear that the same Beenie prefers Jack over Shaka.

So what exactly is your point?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 06:41:39 PM »
My point is simple.  I have always preferred Shaka over Jack but realize that there is very little to choose between the 2 at this point of their careers so I would trust the coach's judgement.  In effect, it is debatable. That was to illustrate that IMHO some of the criticisms of BEenie were totally ill-informed.  Like Latapy was underutilised.  I think Latapy would have served no purpose in the first 2 games as he has neither the inclination or the fitness to play a defensive game.  I remain he has been the best coach of the WC for what he has done with players of limited individual talent.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 06:45:03 PM »
limited individual talent?? what team were you watching...Bahrain?

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 07:52:57 PM »
Where Touches now?
 :rotfl:
Evans Wise was as useful to our team as Ince.......steups...big man like he givin poor quality crosses de whole match
Samuel is a much more effective player...cuz of his speed and because of the fact the Wise cant cross that well either and Wise is not as aggressive.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 08:32:24 PM »
alright seriously

stop playing

what is your point

first yuh talking bout wise then shaka then latas

yuh bored ???
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 08:54:58 PM »
evans wise. steups. make room for him because he was great against grenada!! you all got your wish. by far the worst player out there. i cant believe samuel didnt get in one game
Hart for president

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 08:58:22 PM »
All I could say is Evans you play real shit and that's why you're playing in the german third division,but all the best in the future,less talk and more action is motto going into 2010................

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 09:09:38 PM »
You all really got your wish the man play against a Grenadian Olympic team and all yuh feel the man is a real boss ,well he didn't fool all yuh alone obviously he got beenie! his place in the both games he played should have gone to Samuel!!!!!!!! NUF SAID

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 11:44:57 PM »
i cant believe samuel didnt get in one game

??? ??? ???

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 05:17:27 AM »
must admit wise was disappointing,great things was expected from him,but what about theobald,did he deserve to start all three games

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 05:22:15 AM »

??? ??? ???

Samuel played against Sweden. Please PPL know what yuh'll talking or think before yuh type. Wise didnt play good that all. I believe Scottland should have gotten a play.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 05:31:01 AM »
At least Beenhakker like Wise and he made the call, not us, he included Wise in de team out of ALL the other standby players who also got the chance vs Grenada, secondly, as bad as Wise perform I will still pick him over Theobald and Wolfe (as of now), dont know what the future holds, but Wise did let me down as I was expecting more, he couldn't even beat his man and that was something he was good at.

Did Wolfe even play in any world cup qualifiers.

How do you rate Theobald performance in the world cup.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 05:36:45 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 09:11:21 AM »
I think Evans Wise came out the best out of everybody in this whole World Cup scenario,he had no pressure to undergo like the other guys,he walked in at the right time and it paid off for him,i'm sure this will be the last of the great Evans Wise(dribbler).I still feel Benie was pressured into picking that guy because you just don't pick players you don't know about,but everybody wanted him.He get a million dollars for shining against Grenada what a waste and people talking about what Denzil did.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 09:36:10 AM »
Alyuh just fickle and bad mind.

Go back and read the comments from the few warm up games wise played in.

Look at the crosses and plays he make then.
When we play Slovenia and he come orn he was one of the better players on the field.

Alyuh judging the man on the one performance yuh see and flapping alyuh beak.

If the man wasnt quality he would not have made the squad.....simple.

He had a bad game I would admit that, but the man can play.

I still maintain he better than Samuel and more useful.

Alyuh is hindsight champions, quiet quiet before offering no suggestions or solutions but quick to bash men. It is as if alyuh does want players to fail just to prove a chupid point on this board.

Wise had attributes to offer the team and he come out real good in the end.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 09:55:00 AM »
Yes we bad mind and he play twice.I have no prob with he getting pick,but after the Eng failure he should"n run against Paraguay.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 10:01:27 AM »
Yes we bad mind and he play twice.I have no prob with he getting pick,but after the Eng failure he should"n run against Paraguay.

Allyuh harsh boy.  A man get a run for 5 minutes against England and allyuh say he fail.  ::) ::)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 10:19:02 AM »
Life tough.....he only play 5 mins and play so much tata jah,
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 10:26:52 AM by Compre »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 10:56:19 AM »
Although he was only on de field for five minutes he play 20 mins worth of nonsense...

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 10:58:50 AM »
At least Beenhakker like Wise and he made the call, not us, he included Wise in de team out of ALL the other standby players who also got the chance vs Grenada, secondly, as bad as Wise perform I will still pick him over Theobald and Wolfe (as of now), dont know what the future holds, but Wise did let me down as I was expecting more, he couldn't even beat his man and that was something he was good at.

Did Wolfe even play in any world cup qualifiers.

How do you rate Theobald performance in the world cup.

everybody talking about how bad wise play in the world cup but what I cyar understand is how ah man like thoebald get so much minutes and play in every single game and eh do shit in none ah de games

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 11:06:03 AM »
Doing nothing and doing shit is 2 different things.Denzil might have done nothing, but Wise play real crap, his dribbling was off, his crosses were horrible.I think Samuel would have been a btter option at that point, but I am not a coach and was not there to see who performed well in training .

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 11:12:13 AM »
Seeing that poor Wise is now rich Wise,I am wondering if the selection process could have been tainted based on the knowledge that before the squad was picked people knew that the government was going to shell out big bucks just for getting to the world cup, and choices were made based on, 'yeah you getting ah million, an yuh see you, no million fuh you'.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 01:38:33 PM »
Seeing that poor Wise is now rich Wise,I am wondering if the selection process could have been tainted based on the knowledge that before the squad was picked people knew that the government was going to shell out big bucks just for getting to the world cup, and choices were made based on, 'yeah you getting ah million, an yuh see you, no million fuh you'.

yes Fernandes say that if Dwarika make that team they going to get buy out in one grap...so he ent get pick... ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 01:50:02 PM »
Typical Trini reaction to ah man who shake a few Grenadians. We papa yuh have to pick he! Wise was never any good, sorry but its true. I have never seen Wise play a game for T&t where I could say yes Wise was boss

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 02:22:03 PM »
I think Evans Wise came out the best out of everybody in this whole World Cup scenario,he had no pressure to undergo like the other guys,he walked in at the right time and it paid off for him,i'm sure this will be the last of the great Evans Wise(dribbler).I still feel Benie was pressured into picking that guy because you just don't pick players you don't know about,but everybody wanted him.He get a million dollars for shining against Grenada what a waste and people talking about what Denzil did.
Have you ever heard of something called ‘Highway robbery’! Well let’s call it a ‘Wise robbery’! ;D  :rotfl:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 02:32:13 PM »

??? ??? ???

He played the first half against Sweden.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 04:09:33 PM »
Yeh Wise disappoint meh 2, but Theobald, ah doh see what he brought tuh de table tuh be starting. But dat is just my opinion, I is not ah coach.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 04:11:58 PM »
Alyuh just fickle and bad mind.

Go back and read the comments from the few warm up games wise played in.

Look at the crosses and plays he make then.
When we play Slovenia and he come orn he was one of the better players on the field.

Alyuh judging the man on the one performance yuh see and flapping alyuh beak.

If the man wasnt quality he would not have made the squad.....simple.

He had a bad game I would admit that, but the man can play.

I still maintain he better than Samuel and more useful.

Alyuh is hindsight champions, quiet quiet before offering no suggestions or solutions but quick to bash men. It is as if alyuh does want players to fail just to prove a chupid point on this board.

Wise had attributes to offer the team and he come out real good in the end.

Fickle and bad mind indeed...

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 05:39:20 PM »
Yeh Wise disappoint meh 2, but Theobald, ah doh see what he brought tuh de table tuh be starting. But dat is just my opinion, I is not ah coach.

I ent like theobald either,but he played much better than wise 10 fold...............

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 06:39:33 PM »

I ent like theobald either,but he played much better than wise 10 fold...............

10 fold!!!!  MADDNESS!!!
Saga you need to watch them games again and again and focus on Theobald, that man play real 'too too'! The man needs a new brand of boots, made by Charmin, the 2 ply kind.  He just looked lost out there.
I will admit Wise did not live up to expectations, but lawdy Denzil need to not cash his check until he has earned it, maybe in 2010. 

1]; } ?>