March 28, 2024, 06:16:38 PM

Author Topic: Spoke to Andrés Cantor today  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Spoke to Andrés Cantor today
« on: June 09, 2005, 05:46:55 PM »
Fuh those who doh know, he is de Spanish commentator who is famous fuh bawling "GOOOOOOOOAL!". He  did de commentary fuh de game last night. He told me dat it was unfortunate dat we couldn't hold out fuh anodda 25 minutes. From his point of view, de Mexicans didn't play well and dey were definitely frustrated. He believes dat we're still in with a chance tuh qualifiy or at least earn a playoff spot.

On anodda note, he brought up de infamous November 19, 1989 match. He said dat he arrived in Trinidad on de Thursday (Nov 16th) and he couldn't believe de festive atmosphere in de country. What surprised him de most was de fact dat de match didn't play as yet and people were acting as though we had already qualified. He also mentioned dat he was in de tunnel in de Stadium when de players were walking out tuh de pitch and our players fuh de most part had worried looks on their faces. Dey definitely did not exude confidence. As fuh de goal dat scored, he said dat he was behind Maurice's goal (he was ah reporter in dem days) and although de sun was out, he didn't see how it could have "blinded" de keeper.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Spoke to Andrés Cantor today
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 05:50:54 PM »

Next time you talk to him tell him Michael Maurice never said the sun blinded him.  Other people said that.

Yuh rolling with some big shots boy.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 05:56:51 PM »
Yea and next time you talk to him tell him its is said that the US paid of Jack Warner for a victory

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 06:49:55 PM »
"What surprised him de most was de fact dat de match didn't play as yet and people were acting as though we had already qualified."

Dat was the pissed me off more than anything else, and it is the TTFF administration fault, they overlooked the US, the most basic mistake no one with a brain ever makes.  I remember hearing Jack Warner state in an interview "When we get to Italy...." blah blah blah....

How de phu*ue yuh go say dat before playing the final match.

"He also mentioned dat he was in de tunnel in de Stadium when de players were walking out tuh de pitch and our players fuh de most part had worried looks on their faces"

Yeah the team look worried, dey had a 3 hour bus ride and church service the morning of the game.  They also had the pressure of the TTFF and the media talking about "When we get to Italy" and a holiday was already declared, way too much pressha! 

I blame the TTFF for that loss, not the players!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2005, 07:26:03 PM by Tallman »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 07:58:27 PM »
Does the TTFF play the game?  Yuh know fans can say what they like? they pay tuh watch the games ; thay caould choose to cheer  boo etc,,,,, but untimately is the players who have to perform and execute on the field.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 05:42:23 AM »

Next time you talk to him tell him Michael Maurice never said the sun blinded him.  Other people said that.

Yuh rolling with some big shots boy.

are u sure dcs? cause i think he was quoted as saying the "sun were in my eyes"

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 06:57:49 AM »
are u sure dcs? cause i think he was quoted as saying the "sun were in my eyes"

I remember that very same quote.  In fact, I still use it to this day myself!!

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 07:00:46 AM »
me ent know to this day what maurice try to say
i remeber hearing "the sun were in my eye" and then
" i WERE blocked by my own player"
shot was about 35 yds out man he coulda go up in the stands buy a pack from jumbo come back and at least parry tha shot
but then again i never was a keeper and b4 that the man sabve we tail in some of them games-

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 07:29:20 AM »
I watch that game the other day and quite frankly I thought the shot was a good one and I have seen weaker shots score on some of the Worlds best goalkeepers. This being said someone always seems to  have to shoulder the blame. So I ask you gentlemen, how many goals did we score??? Where was our World Class players when their World Class technique was needed??  Where was Latas, Yorke, Leonson, Jones? What about the weak "lady like" tackle by Jamerson who allowed the attacker to simply lift the ball over his leg and 1/2 volley? 35 yards are you sure? For me in that game only one player looked the part of someone with the desire, fight and determination to go to Italy. That was Brian Williams. Everybody else played with fear, some look like they did not even want the ball. All ah dem should put their hand up, and shoulder the blame.
As a player the first thing you do is evaluate your own game, allyuh should know that.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 07:31:39 AM »
lord just joking a lil bit jeez
ah give the man credit for games prior
ah was guessing on the 35
and really and truly maurice had a good game nov 19th, i serious

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 07:42:22 AM »
One more thing. He said that we should have definitely had a penalty. He could not believe that the Argentinian referee did not award one.

BTW, who was de player dat got taken down in de area? Was it Philbert Jones?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 07:45:31 AM »
One more thing. He said that we should have definitely had a penalty. He could not believe that the Argentinian referee did not award one.

Yes philbert jones... that could ah even be a red card.... but philbert bounce back up before the crowd even could bawl out "REF!!"
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 08:17:47 AM »

Yes philbert jones... that could ah even be a red card.... but philbert bounce back up before the crowd even could bawl out "REF!!"

Allyuh notice de crowd eh even put pressure on de referee for that no call. If dat was Mexico or Costa Rica that ref would ah been under real pressure for the rest of the game.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 09:36:23 AM »

The crowd didn't make noise cuz they was in shock.

And that was a clear penalty.  Most people forget about it.  Jones, poor fellah, wasn't looking to fake.

That is why when people start blaming people for the loss I just think back to that one no-call and laugh how things could easily have been different.

I said the thing about maurice based on a recent statement somebody made in the press to that effect.  I couldn't remember who said it so I wasn't sure if to post it (I think it was on this site....maybe JW said it during the Andre Baptiste interview)
But I really couldn't remember him saying it.....den again everything was a blur after that game.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 01:06:42 AM »
Ah was now going and arks yuh if he bawl GOOALLL!!! in yuh ears. Interesting comments. Ah thought men played worried too except for Brian Williams...and dat goal dat Mauricve let past him still up in meh craw.

1]; } ?>