March 29, 2024, 07:22:06 AM

Author Topic: How everybody railing off on poor Evans Wise now?  (Read 8346 times)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: How everybody railing off on poor Evans Wise now?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 07:52:34 PM »
Wise might have performed well against Slovenia and look impressive against Grenada,and if he had reproduce half dah form ppl might ah been talking different bout him now.We all know the Wise of old cudda do some damage ( ah say cudda eh) but he just was not effective and also had ah poor showing,where he fail to cross,sometimes without any pressure and when he tried to dribble he lost the ball or fell .That being said . I find man coming down hard on de man becuz it boils down to the man had ah bad showing at the WC,it happens,many other players had bad performances also,but man maiking it sound like he deliberately went out dey to play shit....
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 08:52:50 PM »
Why allyuh comin down on wise so,yuh have tuh remember some of dem players ent use tuh that kinda playin style, is de WC the best talent in de world is out there, it not as easy as it look.....geh de man some credit he did his best...

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 10:22:48 PM »
People on this board is real kicks oui.  I love it.  Man see evans play a friendly against Grenada (flickin Grenada) and man insisting that we must make room for him on the squad.  Cornell should stay injured, they should sacrifice WOlfe etc.  This was the same evans that was tried by coach after national coach and found wanting.  Fools gold you call that.  Now man begrudging him he million.  By the way, does anybody still favor Jack over Shaka?  I say these things so that we could keep our views in perspective and that we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously.  Sports at the highest level is about results and Beenie's record would show that when he took over we had 1 pt. in qualifying.  The rest is history.  All those who are armchair critics of the mn should bear this in mind,

A lot of good points there ....   .   

It was somewhat shocking to see the play of  E.Wise with the shock mainly due to the expectations I had of him, expectations that were based on recommendations by trusted commentators in this forum.  Wise should not have been on that field.  How come it was so easy for him to fool the experts, especially those who were going around (this forum, Total Football show etc) singing his praises.  The team needed someone on the left, but not anybody.  D.Theobold also should not have been on the field but that is another story. 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 10:47:30 PM »
Wise had every right to be on the field just as T&T had every right to be in the World Cup, the decision was made by the same man we leave everything up to...now after the fact, ppl bawling, he shoulda do this, and do that, and play he and not play he....So all of ah sudden he and all doh know...if Wise was not to be there he would not have been...I am not saying he had his best game, but isn't that obvious. the reason he was put on, is because the coach knows he is capable of doing something, the fact it didn't happen don't mean he can't do it...Why was Stern on the field, to score goal, didn't none, why was the defence on the field to stop goal, did they mess up in 2 whole games ? Is football, things doh always go right....I could find plenty shitplay any player do in the World Cup, but the more he play, the better chance he have to outweigh the bad...and now after fact, allyuh did expect Wise to run on and ghost 2/3 men, score a bullet, and set up Stern at least once...well tell meh who else do that?
Look I am certain some ppl had off days, buh doh tell meh somebody cyar have no ON day...Coaches hope that that ON day for most of their players is on the day of their WC game...Dem Swiss musbe real glad we wasn't backin dem boy...they woulda get nail to dat damn Cross on they chest
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 10:50:02 PM by maxg »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 10:52:05 PM »
Wise had every right to be on the field just as T&T had every right to be in the World Cup, the decision was made by the same man we leave everything up to...now after the fact, ppl bawling, he shoulda do this, and do that, and play he and not play he....So all of ah sudden he and all doh know...if Wise was not to be there he would not have been...I am not saying he had his best game, but isn't that obvious. the reason he was put on, is because the coach knows he is capable of doing something, the fact it didn't happen don't mean he can't do it...Why was Stern on the field, to score goal, didn't none, why was the defence on the field to stop goal, did they mess up in 2 whole games ? Is football, things doh always go right....I could find plenty shitplay any player do in the World Cup, but the more he play, the better chance he have to outweigh the bad...and now after fact, allyuh did expect Wise to run on and ghost 2/3 men, score a bullet, and set up Stern at least once...well tell meh who else do that?
Look I am certain some ppl had off days, buh doh tell meh somebody cyar have no ON day...Coaches hope that that ON day for most of their players is on the day of their WC game...Dem Swiss musbe real glad we wasn't backin dem boy...they woulda get nail to dat damn Cross on they chest

yuh eh lie dread .....well said !!!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 11:26:43 PM »
Well i won"t say after the fact,cause while d para game was still on I was bawling.......But at some point we have to stop condoning mediocrity.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 11:43:31 PM »
Well i won"t say after the fact,cause while d para game was still on I was bawling.......But at some point we have to stop condoning mediocrity.

Thank God, the Fifa ppl smart enuff not to overuse that word as often....on a lighter side
http://www.annabelle.net/topics/mediocrity.php

Offline ffreturns

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2006, 12:48:41 AM »
Wise brings something to the team that Samuel was not bringing the ability to cross&pass from the left .If players like Theobold,Wolf and Charles is on this team then Wise should be on this team cause he is much better players than those 3 players.

Offline saintsman

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2006, 08:58:55 AM »
In short, theobald totally clueless, wise bad game, mem mum need seasoning, stern need ah bath 3 games and no goals. Everybody else just right

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2006, 09:02:32 AM »
he didn't cross the ball or pass like he should, but he did come on and twist up aaron lennon (lennon did recover tho)   can't stand that lennon youth, he look like on of them men who like to embarrass you...he cocky with his lil short self.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2006, 09:18:03 AM »
In short, theobald totally clueless, wise bad game, mem mum need seasoning, stern need ah bath 3 games and no goals. Everybody else just right
3 games and no goals..  Ronaldinho,Luca Toni etc: are all more proilfic and recognized scorers, did not score for how many games ?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2006, 10:13:24 AM »
People on this board is real kicks oui.  I love it.  Man see evans play a friendly against Grenada (flickin Grenada) and man insisting that we must make room for him on the squad.  Cornell should stay injured, they should sacrifice WOlfe etc.  This was the same evans that was tried by coach after national coach and found wanting.  Fools gold you call that.  Now man begrudging him he million.  By the way, does anybody still favor Jack over Shaka?  I say these things so that we could keep our views in perspective and that we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously.  Sports at the highest level is about results and Beenie's record would show that when he took over we had 1 pt. in qualifying.  The rest is history.  All those who are armchair critics of the mn should bear this in mind,

A lot of good points there ....   .   

It was somewhat shocking to see the play of  E.Wise with the shock mainly due to the expectations I had of him, expectations that were based on recommendations by trusted commentators in this forum.  Wise should not have been on that field.  How come it was so easy for him to fool the experts, especially those who were going around (this forum, Total Football show etc) singing his praises.  The team needed someone on the left, but not anybody.  D.Theobold also should not have been on the field but that is another story. 

So I must be the only person who thought Wise did alright  ::)

I find it really hard to read 2 pages of hate about one of our own players, part of a team that made us all so proud. I was in Germany for both d England and Paraguay games, so I thought maybe I had missed something, and I ent post until I went back and watch d games on TV. And I still cyah see what everyone so vex at Wise for. Against Paraguay he ran up and down d line all night, he helped out in defence and he didnt play selfishly or waste time dribbling men 2 and 3 times as he has been prone to doing in the past. I would have liked to see Colin Samuel play against Paraguay, but dat isnt no reason to hate on Wise. It seems like some of you are implying that Wise was being dishonest by playing well against Grenada and Slovenia  ??? You really can't please some people...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2006, 10:18:38 AM »

GREAT POST BREDDA!

De Puna Assassin mus be proud!

Respeck
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2006, 10:40:08 AM »
That is my point exactly.  Is either you believe in the coach or you don't.  i have never liked evans as a player but beenie picked up.  My overall assessment of beenie is he is a great coach.  Let him pick and run the side.  the results have spoken for themselves.  i just want you to understand in the same vein that when he ent pick latapy the same rationale you just cited applies.  i just cited evans to show that a lot of people believe they know a lot about football but how poor we are at judging football talent.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2006, 11:45:01 AM »
i was waiting for this, ha ha real kicks he was a bit out of sorts to be honest did not look that sharp.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2006, 11:52:47 AM »
That is my point exactly.  Is either you believe in the coach or you don't.  i have never liked evans as a player but beenie picked up.  My overall assessment of beenie is he is a great coach.  Let him pick and run the side.  the results have spoken for themselves.  i just want you to understand in the same vein that when he ent pick latapy the same rationale you just cited applies.  i just cited evans to show that a lot of people believe they know a lot about football but how poor we are at judging football talent.

So you're also directing your post to yourself then?  Because were you not the person who said...and I quote...

Stern John - i dont really know what to say other than to be mystified how this guy played 270 minutes of our campaign.  A more saga boy, lethargis striker you could not possibly find.  I had a post about starting Shaka - I think my point has been conclusively proven.  Why Jack started this game i dont know.  Also, I would have brought latapy on earlier in this game.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2006, 11:58:56 AM »

Compre yuh now see why me and Disgruntled doe like #14

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>