April 27, 2024, 02:16:57 AM

Author Topic: Ghana shows T&T interest.  (Read 5240 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Ghana shows T&T interest.
« on: June 26, 2006, 05:45:50 AM »
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Fresh from a showing which won the hearts of many in their first appearance at a World Cup Finals, Trinidad and Tobago’s Soca Warriors could well be on their way to playing a testimonial match against new African wonder team Ghana.
Just as skipper Dwight Yorke and his men were on their way back to Trinidad last Thursday, Special Advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation Jack Warner was in meeting with Ghana’s Minister of Sports and Education Papa Owusu-Ankomah as both men discussed the possibility of the match on a proposed date of September 2, 2006.
According to Warner the African team seems very interested in making the visit to Port of Spain but there is one issue which could put the date off. And that is the fact that Mexico have already accepted an invitation from Warner and the TTFF to come to Port of Spain on the same September 2 to play the match which will serve as a final send off for the Squad which represented the country at the 2006 World Cup.
“I will return home on Monday and then we will discuss this at the TTFF because it will definitely be a wonderful opportunity to have Ghana in our country for what could be the best of Africa versus the best of the Caribbean,” Warner told TTFF Media.
“We have already booked the date with the Mexicans and they have accepted the invitation to come but the Ghana match is under serious consideration at this time,” added Warner who is schedule back home on Monday for a short stay during which he will also hold meetings on the staging of the upcoming Caribbean Football Union Youth tournament.
Meantime, under the influence of Warner, FIFA has invited St Kitts/Nevis Prime Minister Dr Denzil Douglas to attend the World Cup final on July 9.
FIFA General Secretary Urs Linsi. Who has expressed his delight with T&T’s showing in Germany, wrote to Douglas: “Since June 9, 2006, the best national teams have inspired millions of people around the world with their exceptional skills and continue to thrill them with their attractive play. As a sign of a special appreciation, we would like to invite you on behalf of FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter and  Vice President Jack A.Warner to attend the final in Berlin as our guest of honour.”
Meanwhile, several of the national team players are carded to make their way out of the country early this week as some of them report back to the clubs or use the few extra days off to go on holiday trips. LA Galaxy forward Cornell Glen, out with a torn cartilage for up to six weeks will return to his club on Tuesday to continue rehab. Skipper Yorke along with the other UK-based pros are also expected to depart. Some of them will also be hoping to tie up final contractual arrangements with the likes of Kelvin Jack and Shaka Hislop finishing their contracts at Dundee and West Ham United respectively and are considering options. Hislop has not yet agreed to a new one-year offer from the “Hammers”. Luton Town midfielder Carlos Edwards has also been told by his manager that there have been other clubs now expressing interest in him but for now at least he will report back to the club later in the month for preseason training. The rest of the squad is currently here with the exception of Port Vale’s Chris Birchall who had to return to England on request of his club in order to undergo a wrist operation and Ian Cox also had to return on personal business.
Head coach Leo Beenhakker also left the team base in Rotenburg on Thursday and did so with a few smiles as he also told reporters how pleased he was with the display from his team.
"For the future, we have to think that these players will be among the world's best, we showed (world class) skills here. Now they have shown that they can compete and what else can I ask of them. The players only need more self-confidence," he said. "We were knocked out of the competition and we have lost. But there is a first time for everyone and we have gotten a good dose of experience. They will move on with this now and just as we came here with a  lot of passion and ambition I am sure you will see more of it (in the future).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 06:16:43 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Ghana shows T&T interest.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 07:36:02 AM »
Ghana vs T&T... this is a match i will pay any price to see.
bring it on
 :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 07:45:27 AM »
bring it on

Look wha yu gone and do.  ;D  Tink Jack and dem doh read dis board?  If yuh tink Jack and dem would charge $500 fuh stands and $300 fuh grounds to see a Peru Under 23 side, wha yuh tink dem would charge to see a FULL Ghana team?  (assumin is a FULL Ghana team dat come....when a tink bout it...no way Mourinho lettin Essien come to play no friendly...bet yuh he get a "injury").  When yuh see $1000 fuh stands and $800 fuh grounds lemmeh see if yuh go bawl "this is a match I will pay any price to see"  ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 07:49:46 AM »
Is trute

Cowen delete dat ting boy........I eh tink DJackula  climb out he coffin yet

Once he smell de money in yuh post....yuh finish
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 07:52:22 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 08:33:59 AM »
it going and be 300 and 500 again!!

and we going and pay it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

TrinInfinite

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 08:47:05 AM »
Is trute

Cowen delete dat ting boy........I eh tink DJackula climb out he coffin yet

Once he smell de money in yuh post....yuh finish

bredda, dis is a classic post oui  :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil:

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 08:48:48 AM »
This is the kinda madness that does get we in trouble.. WHY ARE WE RUSHING TO PLAY THESE FRIENDLIES??? WE ALREADY PLAYING MEXICO AND I THINK RIGHT NOW THAT IS ENUFF...this is falling right back into the money making schemes of Warner and Co. Ghana wont be able to send their best team and we are going to have problems to get our best.. (remember the European leagues would have just started)..

We are not settled on a coach but we planning friendlies.. let us FIRST get a plan for 2010 in place before we get back into the backward thinking.... let's take our time and the good matches are going to come for sure

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 10:04:09 AM »
i buying my 800 uncoverd tickets early

appiah essien = a big brand
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 10:13:32 AM »
I guess that this was Jack's last act as a representative of the TTFF. As I landed in TNT on thursday I read that he was done with the football so I guess Mexico and Ghana was negotiated b4 his upteen resignation.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 10:13:54 AM »
Is that date a FIFA recognized international friendly date? Might be possible to get some stars for that match if that be the case.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 10:44:48 AM »
This is the kinda madness that does get we in trouble.. WHY ARE WE RUSHING TO PLAY THESE FRIENDLIES??? WE ALREADY PLAYING MEXICO AND I THINK RIGHT NOW THAT IS ENUFF...this is falling right back into the money making schemes of Warner and Co. Ghana wont be able to send their best team and we are going to have problems to get our best.. (remember the European leagues would have just started)..

We are not settled on a coach but we planning friendlies.. let us FIRST get a plan for 2010 in place before we get back into the backward thinking.... let's take our time and the good matches are going to come for sure
i think is either mexico or ghana not both

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 12:09:14 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Port of Spain on the same September 2 to play the match which will serve as a final send off for the Squad which represented the country at the 2006 World Cup.

But Aye aye ..like Dat sending off of the team eagainst Peru wasnt the last time we seeing Yorke/Latapy

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 01:35:56 PM »
I guess that this was Jack's last act as a representative of the TTFF. As I landed in TNT on thursday I read that he was done with the football so I guess Mexico and Ghana was negotiated b4 his upteen resignation.

I didn't read that he's done with football, just that he won't put any money in it anymore. I'm sure he will continue to "advise" TTFF to feed money in his direction. Is he really resigning?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 02:05:52 PM »
If LATAS come out of retirement.. ah coming down for tha one and money could spend!  :beermug:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 07:52:12 PM »
When allyuh going take a trip to Kingston nah? Come man, time for you guys to stop hiding...

Stand up and be counted Soca Warriors! Jack, concider this an invitation to oplay Jamaica in Kingston. Or even in T&T if it make you feel better to play it on home soil.

Wha yuh say Jack?

:praying:

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 07:58:16 PM »
This will be agood match up. Hopefully, ticket prices would not be expensive though.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 07:59:01 PM »
When allyuh going take a trip to Kingston nah? Come man, time for you guys to stop hiding...

Stand up and be counted Soca Warriors! Jack, concider this an invitation to oplay Jamaica in Kingston. Or even in T&T if it make you feel better to play it on home soil.

Wha yuh say Jack?

if we play JA right now, we beating allyuh 4-0 to b totally honest and im not exaggerating, allyuh not scoring a damn goal against our defense, so why u in a rush for yard tuh get licks from tt, we have opponents like japan and mexico lining up, why de hell we wasting our time wit shit jamaica, allyuh wont give us any competition, nor will it serve to help our squad, we only play class and calibre teams now.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 09:48:50 PM »
Is that date a FIFA recognized international friendly date? Might be possible to get some stars for that match if that be the case.

Actually it IS possible for T&T to play BOTH Mexico AND Ghana, IF we want to, because there are TWO (2) OFFICIAL International Match days in September, BOTH the 2nd AND 6th of September

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 10:24:43 PM »
Why ? Purpose ? Unless we use the U21's.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 06:27:14 AM »

Wha yuh say Jack?

if we play JA right now, we beating allyuh 4-0 to b totally honest and im not exaggerating, allyuh not scoring a damn goal against our defense, so why u in a rush for yard tuh get licks from tt, we have opponents like japan and mexico lining up, why de hell we wasting our time wit shit jamaica, allyuh wont give us any competition, nor will it serve to help our squad, we only play class and calibre teams now.

I am convinced that if Jamaica play T&T today, Jamaica will win that game. Forget about the fact that Jamaica hasnt been playing good football lately, and T&T is better than they have ever been.

When Jamaica step on the field vs T&T, a victory is always guaranteed...the players somehow know that they have a match to win. at least, thats how its been in the past ten or so years.  So when allyuh going to be brave enough to take on the challenge?   :-\

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 06:29:45 AM »
reggaefan......

what you smooking dread .... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 06:30:29 AM »

eh eh....Excuses already eh? Why? Why play Jamaica? simple...the same reason you would wan tto play Ghana....

And you cant call yourself king of the caribbean until you tyopple the reigning Kings can you?

do you think Jamaica would even waste time playing your under-21 side? We would probably use our under 15 to scour them proper

;D

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 06:31:56 AM »
reggaefan......

Just trying to get the forum back on track man. ut seriously, you guys need to take a trip into Kingston for a friendly game. If you want to brag about being the best thing in CONCACAF, you need to beat the dons first....

Jamaica 2, T&T 0.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 06:32:17 AM »
You know I have watched and read all of your Post RF and you know I never replied to any but this one I must.....

RF, HYMC with that BS.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 06:49:16 AM »
reggaefan......

Just trying to get the forum back on track man. ut seriously, you guys need to take a trip into Kingston for a friendly game. If you want to brag about being the best thing in CONCACAF, you need to beat the dons first....
Jamaica 2, T&T 0.

dons?? what dons?...you must mean don knotts

Look allyuh baddest 'don' here
http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20050531/lead/lead2.html

he really look like don knotts in trute

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 06:53:10 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 07:14:41 AM »

Wha yuh say Jack?

All tha team go want to come and do is hurt we players because of HATE! Alyuh know the deal with that!We good... thank you though! ;D

The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 07:18:56 AM »
All tha team go want to come and do is hurt we players because of HATE! Alyuh know the deal with that!We good... thank you though!  ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 08:17:19 AM »

eh eh....Excuses already eh? Why? Why play Jamaica? simple...the same reason you would wan tto play Ghana....

And you cant call yourself king of the caribbean until you tyopple the reigning Kings can you?

do you think Jamaica would even waste time playing your under-21 side? We would probably use our under 15 to scour them proper

;D

Wasn't talkin no tata with you star...you hold that best in the caribbean talk and jump up and down and stomp yuh foot and ting....The world nor the region doh really care how much times JA beat T&T or vice versa, except some tribes in you and us...I think you misquoted me...I was making a ref. to the point I don't see much benefit in playing anymore games this year, unless it is to give U21's exposure and experience.....

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2006, 11:34:21 AM »
RF must be smoking some of that Jamaican stuff. Why play Jamaica now when we can play anyone we want to?

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2006, 03:06:47 PM »
bring it on

INDEED!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>