March 28, 2024, 07:56:39 PM

Author Topic: If Beenie Man was in charge from de start a de Hex  (Read 2739 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
If Beenie Man was in charge from de start a de Hex
« on: June 04, 2005, 09:17:46 PM »
We woulda have at least 9 points arready.

Imagine dis is de same players dat men was sayin cyah pass, cyach trap, cyah shoot, and is all shithong.

De worst players ever represent T&T....all kinda ting.

De den coachin staff and dem did say is not de most talented players we ever had but dey have fightin spirit.

So how come dese same players jes transform into playin proper football in a month?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If Beenie Man was in charge from de start a de Hex
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 09:24:36 PM »
Palos doh stress yuh self out thinking about what woulda happen if Leo was around from the beginning. I was thinking the same thing but we will never know.  Imagine Leo have 3 pts from 1 game and Bertie got 1 pt in 3 games.

I wonder what going through Bertie mind.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 09:25:10 PM »
Having seen some of these players as recently as last year, I will admit that I shared that opinion (Cah trap, cah pass, cah......).  I am not sure who has to take the credit but I will start with the players.  Beenie has to get some credit but can we really give him all the credit after a month??  I dunno.  It appears that a great sense of pride shown today at the National Stadium.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 09:30:49 PM »
Both the players and the coach deserve credit. These same players were playing shit under bertie, and they stepped up to the plate today.  Leo got them to do stuff that Bertie couldnt do.  So hats off to the players, the coaching staff, the fans in the stadium, the forumites and all the other supporters.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 10:00:05 PM »
1. Is not the same team.
2. All the players have made an increased effort, given the intro of the new coach, and the organization of the tryouts etc. Players who obviously refused to play for the last coach made themselves available, plus at least 1 new discovery.
I believe the increase in effort occured since the Costa Rica game, I think given the well attended training camps, the ending of most UK seasons, and other admin. factors, as well as increased Pro league support, BeenE has taken this effort and increased it's momentum, to a tune that Bertille would not have been able to ,due to lack of support/confidence, player and fan.
3. 2 new Center midfielders who were completely out of the picture. (not BsC fault - player personal grievience, is no fault of the coach) Everybody saw where the problem was in past games. We looked at all kinda people, even bring People outta semi-retirement, and now, Birchall and Whitley, and there is still Spann.

Is not the same team, some players might be same, but there mindset was not. After Costa Rica, they knew they were capable, 2 addt. midfielders, pushed them towards a better frame of mind, addition of any  new, and knowlegable coach, sky is the limit.
As I said, BeenE was in a win-win. We were the ones who had it to lose.
Yet if we had him at the beginning,
1. he may have refused, at the time
2. He would probably not have been able to conduct the same kind of Camps/tryouts.
3. What team would he have selected? I couldn't tell yuh

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 10:41:22 PM »
It appears that the mental readiness is aligining with the physical. keep in mind that a change in philosophy, a change in advocacy and supprt  for the local contingent has proably resulted in a changed mental set.

I don't think BSC  would have gotten the best from a team which was divided and fractionalized by a coach who publically stated that he had no faith in the local players. Or a coach who stuck with certain players regardless of their match fitness or readiness.

I mean look at the courageous  moves that BeenHakker made:

Stern was out for one of the friendlies even though he was in TNT.

Anton pierre was a cut and earned his way back on the team

The Nakhid experiment GONE

Cornell Glen... gone

Spann?? yuh eh here fuh de man tuh see... yuh not an automatic on the team.

Jason SCOTLAND ....??????

Players who were naturally on the team before were not automatics
Dwarika cut....

I suspect that the Beenie man runs a tightly disciplined outfit; one which requires a disciplined approach to playing the game. Decisions which are not made public could only be speculated at and from what it appears to look like, I could see that it does not  matter who you are, if you don't fit the expectations, take a SEAT.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 11:04:32 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 10:56:10 PM »

Stop the nonsensical speculation

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 01:16:08 AM »
 nonsensical speculation?  I don't think so. Facts is Facts.
Beenie went to PFL games....how many did BSC go to in the last year he was in charge? He drop players who use to walk on the team. Where eve? Eve doh even look like ah footballer to be honest. If you see him on the street you would never think he play sports. Same for Dwarika. He put out ah fit, competent team. While ah at it put Nigel Pierre in that group too...ah bunch ah jokers. Dem fellas not professional at all.

And it easy to speculate that if he had ah year we woulda been 1st or 2nd easy. The man have ah reputation and want success. We beat Bermuda 4-0 and he wasn't happy. When last ah coach from T&T win ah match and say he eh happy...better yet when last ah T&T coach  LOSE ah match and say he eh happy? We had 1pt and BSC still was saying we going Germany. He right about that though...just NOT with him...LOL

The man come with ah staff...ah team....who was BSC team? hmmmm

Ah doh want to beat up on BSC because any coach in his position would and have done the same thing...they just play fellas they know and believe in. Beenie eh know nobody and only believe in HIS tactics.

Regardless of Mexico game....I looking for an even improved team once they play in the Gold Cup. That would be extremely valuable for our cause.

Give Jack he Jacket too cause he made all arrangements to get Chris a trial, plus passport for him and his mother. Even though some fellas was saying the man play for ah shit team and he cyah be good.

Nothing wrong with getting carried away. It about time we start dreaming something positive.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 01:39:41 AM »
We certainly woud be in a much better position. Seven maybe even 8 or 9 points. But, nonetheless, Bertie gone, Beenie here,we can only look ahead and things are definitely looking up.

I may be flogging a dead horse but, in my opinion, BSC did not have a clue nor did he have a plan. I watched the game against the Atlanta Silverbacks when the Warriors held camp in Florida. With 10 minutes or so left in the game, BSC brought on Jason Nelson. You probably have no idea who he is. That's because he plays in a league in south Florida. Not the MLS or A-League, just a rec league. This, mind you, is just four days before the Guatemala match. Why, on God's green earth, would you have a calf running with the bulls four days before CRUCIAL qualifier. 

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2005, 04:34:22 AM »
Fellahs, I think BSC did the best job to his ability. Throughout his career he was a true servant to T&T football, and I thank him. But Leo is the real deal. I am impressed by the tight ship he apparently runs (as mentioned here) and the fact that in a short space of time he had a full training camp, had a team that meshed well, and came up with a team that produced when it mattered.

Was there a post match press conference? Didn't see any of his comments in the papers...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2005, 05:56:06 AM »
3. 2 new Center midfielders who were completely out of the picture. (not BsC fault - player personal grievience, is no fault of the coach) Everybody saw where the problem was in past games. We looked at all kinda people, even bring People outta semi-retirement, and now, Birchall and Whitley, and there is still Spann.

Is not the same team, some players might be same, but there mindset was not. After Costa Rica, they knew they were capable, 2 addt. midfielders, pushed them towards a better frame of mind, addition of any  new, and knowlegable coach, sky is the limit.
2. He would probably not have been able to conduct the same kind of Camps/tryouts.

U read meh mind breds.

vb
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 06:59:31 AM by Tallman »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2005, 06:57:18 AM »
If buts maybes. The fact is a new coach came in and everything was fresh. Players had to start pulling their weight, prove themselves, listen, show discipline etc or they out. Simple! No one was guaranteed selection. Also and a major point. No local backstabbers etc around the squad woking dem dam spell.
Anyway is only one game but more importantly they won, the team showed progress, cohesiveness and some desire.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2005, 07:05:52 AM »
yep yep..kyah start to imagine what would have been...however I do know that we gained 3pts over Panama and hopefully we could at least get 1 in Mexico. Those GC games will be great prep for the US game come August.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2005, 07:41:33 AM »
1. Is not the same team.
2. All the players have made an increased effort, given the intro of the new coach, and the organization of the tryouts etc. Players who obviously refused to play for the last coach made themselves available, plus at least 1 new discovery.
I believe the increase in effort occured since the Costa Rica game, I think given the well attended training camps, the ending of most UK seasons, and other admin. factors, as well as increased Pro league support, BeenE has taken this effort and increased it's momentum, to a tune that Bertille would not have been able to ,due to lack of support/confidence, player and fan.

I am sorry Maxg but you have to have the most confused thinking that passes as thinking. Different players?....Bertille had all these players minus Birchall for over a year and could make no progress. When will you realise that this is a different standard and Bertille is a jackass in a horse race. I really wish one day you could write a post that makes sense.

Beeenie had the team for one month and suddenly the players morphed into footballers. Bertille had them for over a year and they , according to Bertille, didnt know the fundamentals of football. I really wish you were a mexican jefe and had the power to hire Bertille for their next game. The cost would be low (you love that because the rest of the money could be used to fight crime in mexico). Some of the money could also be used to build roads. Ands since mexico is also an oil producing country maybe some of the money could be used to stop the kidnapping in mexico ( the highest in the world).

Loud Steupppppppppppppppsssssssssssssss

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2005, 09:17:40 AM »
oK great result yes yes yes . We have te gold cup and Unity cup so we are good to go.I bet squad may change a bit collin samuel and scotland may joining the squad.NOT SO SURE IF BEENieMAN may want to look at any other local now
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2005, 09:27:38 AM »
Wheeys, allyuh men bitin harder that a pompeck..

BSC's time was when he was in charge of the team for the last GC... Rememebr then.. The team was a Boss team, Very much like the one we are seeing here under Beenie.. Bertille had a team that was disciplined, and he had people earning their spot on the team as well.

Then Homeboy Warner decided to sack him, because we Did not win the GC, and incidentally, the team that won the GC was the team that knocked us out.. That aside.  BSC was uncerimoniously BOOTED from his job.. They did not even posses the testicular fortitute to tell de man to his face, He had to hear it on the Radio... But that was HIs time, that was the times he had to shin and Was shining, but Alass, as is T&T football bachanall... SACk de man and replace him with Joker after joker.
--------------------------------------------------
But you guys are right, this rounds, he is Not the man for the JOB.. He spent Most of his time Defending all his positions, and decisions that he makes.. That cyar be healthy.  Everytime he on de TV, he in a defensive mood.. But give him some credit for instillin some discipline in the team, and convincing Yorke to return to the fold....

BSC, is old school, BEENIE, have some really fresh tactics, the likes of wich we have not seen before.  If you all are conscience of it, we playing a Dutch style football.

We really should have gotten him a year ago. But say what.. I have a detrator that says WE NOT GOING TO GERMANY. I MADE a bet with them saying that if we did, they will buy my tickets to go to Germany for the WC... So guess what, I will be in WC 2006 to see Beenie take our TEAM to the highest they have ever reached.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
If we had Beenhakker from the start
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 07:33:52 PM »
The improvement that this team has made proves the influence a quality coach can have.

Looking at the drastic improvements we've made in one month -  i cant help but wonder where we would have been right now if we had Beenhakker from the start. (Those points we dropped at home could end up hurting us.)

The new look team not only showed the potential we have - but it also exposed how badly prepared we were before.

I hope that the TTFF learns from this...

1]; } ?>