April 29, 2024, 03:52:40 AM

Author Topic: Today's Football News/Gossip  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Today's Football News/Gossip
« on: June 28, 2006, 09:10:49 AM »
GERMANY GOSSIP
David Beckham was pencilled in to play right-back against Ecuador - with Aaron Lennon on right wing - but talked Sven-Goran Eriksson out of it. (Daily Mail, The Guardian)

Portugal striker Pauleta believes goalkeeper Paul Robinson is a weak link in the England team. (The Sun)

Alessandro Nesta is doubtful for Friday's quarter-final against Portugal. (The Independent, The Times)

Holland coach Marco van Basten will be offered an extension to his contract despite his team's bad-tempered World Cup exit. (The Guardian, The Independent)

Torsten Frings, Germany's holding midfielder, says the hosts will not man-mark Argentina maestro Juan Riquelme. (Daily Express, The Sun)

WORLD CUP FUNNIES
German breweries are worried they cannot make beer fast enough to satisfy the huge thirsts of England's World Cup fans. (Daily Mirror, The Sun)

The 15 "fan fests" in Germany are selling half a litre of water for £2.40, 20 pence more than they charge for the same amount of beer. (The Guardian, The Sun)

Jamie Carragher's entourage of friends and family - the House of Scouse - has grown too large to be invited to official FA events, not that that has stopped them from having an independently good time. (Daily Mail)

German tabloid Bild took another shot at David Beckham on Tuesday, poking fun at the England midfielder for being sick during Sunday's match against Ecuador. (Daily Mirror, The Sun)

A Chinese football commentator has sparked controversy in the country with his hugely biased reaction to Italy's win over Australia - he defended his commentary by saying, "I don't like Australians." (The Times)

Supermarket chain Asda wants to sign up Portugal star Figo for an advertising campaign in a hope that its injury jinx will strike again - Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen have already fallen victim to the jinx. (Daily Mirror)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Football News/Gossip
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:37:22 AM »
Dam Jahyouth people should get shit right man. Nesta out for Italy Portugal????

Anyway:

England vs Portugal--- England has show me nothing in this tournament, they are boring and for a country that boast alost every English player as World Class; their brand of football should be better. I mean technically they look way off the standard, even their simple passing is poor.
Portugal looked good in the opening games, but seem to be sliding backward. Judging from their mentality in the past I would say they will buckle all lose this one. EVen though I would like to see them go through.

Italy vs  Ukraine--- Italy all the way. Experience in this competition goes a long way, the only thing that may cause problems for Italy is the fact that both Nesta and Matarmadman out

Germany vs Argentina--- This is a dish I want to sample bad. On paper it looks spicy and it have plenty pepper. It is a match up of WC86 final. Germany has adopted the Japanese kamakaze approach of all out attack and it has been a joy to watch. Argentina are well balanced, defend with passion and dam them can play sweet football. I cant call this one at all. But Argentina attacking will break down Germany lumbering defenders, unless germany scores first and Argentina lose dem head

Brazil vs France--- Need I say more two teams that can play with style. But this tournament France look like Italy of old. Defend defend and hit on the break. Since the vets put the coach undre pressure they attacking more and Henry needs to step up big time. The others have all led by example. Brazil look like someone go get a real cut ass from dem, once they start clicking going forward. I would like to see Ronaldo, Robinho combination and I think small man is the missing link. For two reason I say this. france will have to deal with his mobility, thus freeing up Ronaldinho of the double team. Once that happens Kaka and Ronaldinho go take over. Only concern Brazil defending on corners almost every corner look like trouble. Brazil should win this game but if France wins look for them to go all the way.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 09:39:59 AM »

Anyway:

England vs Portugal--- England has show me nothing in this tournament, they are boring and for a country that boast alost every English player as World Class; their brand of football should be better. I mean technically they look way off the standard, even their simple passing is poor.
Portugal looked good in the opening games, but seem to be sliding backward. Judging from their mentality in the past I would say they will buckle all lose this one. EVen though I would like to see them go through.

Italy vs  Ukraine--- Italy all the way. Experience in this competition goes a long way, the only thing that may cause problems for Italy is the fact that both Nesta and Matarmadman out

Germany vs Argentina--- This is a dish I want to sample bad. On paper it looks spicy and it have plenty pepper. It is a match up of WC86 final. Germany has adopted the Japanese kamakaze approach of all out attack and it has been a joy to watch. Argentina are well balanced, defend with passion and dam them can play sweet football. I cant call this one at all. But Argentina attacking will break down Germany lumbering defenders, unless germany scores first and Argentina lose dem head

Brazil vs France--- Need I say more two teams that can play with style. But this tournament France look like Italy of old. Defend defend and hit on the break. Since the vets put the coach undre pressure they attacking more and Henry needs to step up big time. The others have all led by example. Brazil look like someone go get a real cut ass from dem, once they start clicking going forward. I would like to see Ronaldo, Robinho combination and I think small man is the missing link. For two reason I say this. france will have to deal with his mobility, thus freeing up Ronaldinho of the double team. Once that happens Kaka and Ronaldinho go take over. Only concern Brazil defending on corners almost every corner look like trouble. Brazil should win this game but if France wins look for them to go all the way.

As an aspiring sports journalist......can I get your autograph sir?  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 09:45:04 AM »

Anyway:

Horse, is a copy and paste thing.  I eh writing all that.  Is so it come, and yeah they wrong.

Anyway, on the upcoming games, it shaping up real sweet.  All of the previous World Cup winners except Uruguay are still in it.  Brazil france is a classic.  germany Argentina ia another classic.  Doh look for much attractive football in England Portugal as I feel it will be a kick up Jet Li styling.  Ukraine Italy likewise will be more a slow tactical matchup than a feast for your football eyes.  

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 10:47:56 AM »
Nah bro I eh laying blame just pointing to the facts.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 11:09:35 AM »

Anyway:

It would be even sweeter if the Warriors were one of the Quaterfinalists

1]; } ?>