March 28, 2024, 01:45:59 PM

Author Topic: Bruce Arena: Australia & T&T are the two weakest teams in the 2006 WC.  (Read 33785 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Bruce Arena: Australia & T&T are the two weakest teams in the 2006 WC.
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2006, 12:34:41 AM »
look like USA was the weakest link,now Bruce have to eat his own words  :P :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good recollection.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2006, 08:55:39 AM »
It is obvious now that the US did NO SCOUTING.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2006, 10:01:56 AM »
Bruce just like to make himself an a$$hole look at that we end up on 1 point so did they but them conceded by far more goals than us and as for Australia they are in the second round and ah backing them all the way for that IN YOUR DUTTY FACE BRUCE!!!!!!!!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2006, 11:10:58 AM »
He also trying to balme the administration, HA he is such an ass good for them, they are shithounds.

He went in to this World cup understimating everyone and paid dearly

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2006, 11:13:14 AM »
Bruce Arena? I never see a more shamefull coach. Shaking his head and the team....and then running around like one fat @ss who eat down 10 burger king. Waste of time coach...THAT man cause US to play sh!t so

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2006, 11:22:29 PM »
What do you expect from  a self proclaimed idiot?

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2006, 12:08:31 AM »
Fellers ah reading that and ah laughing :rotfl: Go the SOCCEROOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2006, 06:34:24 AM »
dem americans always feel dey better than everybody,bruce arena is a a little girl,all he do for the world cup is complain about everything

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2006, 06:43:38 AM »
Quote from my barber (Doc) in Tunapuna "Suck Salt"  Bruce Arena

Hope to knock USA off in WC2010

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2006, 06:51:08 AM »
well is ameica dem have to fight to play bahrain next round!!!...2010 i not in dat...we in de top trrrreeeee!!!!!

BRUCE!!!...IN YOUR FACE!!!

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2006, 02:09:44 PM »
HOW ALLYUH MEN SO CHUPID

ALLYUH JES MAKE URSELFS LOOK LIKE FOOLS

ALL DIS SHIT TALK BOUT BRUCE EATING HIS WORDS ETC...CUZ AUSTRALIA GET TRU DOH MEAN SHIT
CUZ IF ALLYUH DIDNT REALISE!
USA WERE IN A TOUGHER GROUP THAT AUSTRALIA!
EVENTHO BRUCE SAID AUSTRALIA IS ONE OF THE WEAKEST....THEM GOIN IN SECOND ROUNDS DO NOT  SAY NETING BOUT AUSTRALIA BEING BETTER THAN USA

NOW I AM A USA HATER...BUT I AM BEING FAIR
USA WAS IN THE GROUP OF DEATH.
ALLYUH CAH SAY AUSTRALIA WAS BETTER DAN USA
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 11:43:47 AM by Warrior till death »

Offline ladywarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2006, 02:40:28 PM »
Bruce Arena needs to worry about his own performance and his own JOB. The USA still has a long way to go to be a factor in the World Cup. But in typical USA arrogant fashion, they wanna act like they should be a shoo-in for dominance. Oh Well Bruce.. say what you want .. your record speaks for itself!
The only thing to fear is fear itself.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2006, 04:56:17 AM »
HA HA HA!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  Dat good for dey a$$....just because dey come out of de groups stagenish in de last World Cup dey feel dey is a football powerhouse!!...

Dat good for dem.....let dey go back and learn to play golf and baseball, ting dey know bout...and leave football to de real footballers....dey cyar even get the name right...."soccer" WTF!!!....

And ah know ah should support CONCACAF teams (and I do), but ah cyar ever support de Americans in football....dey own people doh support dem, so why de f$&k should I?....

For example ah met an American in a hotel in Italy over de weekend....and I had to tell he the World Cup is held every four years....imagine dat!!!! ::) ::)....let dey haul dey a$$....
Let Arena see who weak now....damn a$$!!!...

Btw....how did TnT rank overall out of the 32 teams???
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bruce Arena: Right Now I'm Just an Idiot
« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2006, 10:46:48 AM »
IS frigging Cantona tuh blame is he wey set up Arena,talking bout.........'AMER-RI- KA DE WOOL NO LONGER LOOOK FOOWAD TO PLAYIN YOU' ....and Bruce gorn wid dah one an tell he self dey go beat real people ,nut knowing is cut arse for dem

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Cantona really chain up Bruce Arena and the whole of the USA......Fifa chain them up too with ranking them 5th in the world

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2006, 10:54:45 AM »
HOW ALLYUH MEN SO CHUPID

ALL DIS SHIT TALK BOUT BRUCE EATING HIS WORDS ETC...CUZ AUSTRALIA GET TRU DOH MEAN SHIT
EVENTHO BRUCE SAID AUSTRALIA IS ONE OF THE WEAKEST....THEM GOIN IN SECOND ROUNDS DO NOT  SAY NETING BOUT AUSTRALIA BEING BETTER THAN USA

USA was really in the group of death so them not getting out of their group and the aussies making it out of theirs doent make australia better than the US.......what makes Australia better is the fact that they have a well-knowned world-renowned coach and the fact that the aussie aquad is far more talented than that of the US and that Aussies have more players playing in bigger leagues around the world than that of the US

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2006, 06:17:06 PM »
HOW ALLYUH MEN SO CHUPID

Oh, whatever. US were in a group with debutantes Ghana, ah ole-foot Czech Republic side and a very unimpressive Italy. Australia play some sweet ball against some good opponents.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2006, 10:18:17 PM »
ESPN interview Bruce Arena and he basically call de 98 USA WC team ah bunch of shithounds espeically the ESPN analysts who were on the team (Wynalda,Lalas).  He said they cannot do much better than the 2002 quarterfinals for quite awhile.

In response Wynalda said that Bruce Arena never play in any World Cup so he cant fully understand what is expected hence he is not capable of taking the US to a higher level.  Also Wynalda called him arrogant.

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 27, 2006, 08:56:35 AM »
allyuh eh see US want to hire Klinsman to replace Bruce!
mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2006, 09:12:57 AM »
allyuh eh see US want to hire Klinsman to replace Bruce!

dey should get klinsman to play for dem one time ;D

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2006, 11:45:03 AM »
HOW ALLYUH MEN SO CHUPID

amm why cant we say australia was better than the US?? from the way the US played I doubt they could have beaten any team in Australia's group. Australia could rest level licks on them anytime. I'm not a US hater neither a fan (if you read my previous posts about the US) but it just shows the height of ignorance that Bruce Arena has achieved to call Australia a weak team. Australia have nuff big players and a great coach

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #170 on: June 27, 2006, 11:56:46 AM »
ARTICLE FROM FOXPSORTS.COM

BERLIN (AP) - Some Americans are telling Bruce Arena to think before he speaks.

Four years ago, U.S. coach Arena lauded Major League Soccer as a reason for the Americans' run to the quarterfinals of the World Cup. Now, some think he's trying to blame the 11-year-old league for a first-round exit from Germany 2006 .

"I think it's ridiculous," MLS commissioner Don Garber said. "If I were him I'd take a deep breath and think about what I say before I criticize anyone in American soccer."

Following a 3-0 loss to the Czech Republic, a 1-1 draw with Italy and a 2-1 loss to Ghana, the Americans went home with 15 other first-round hopefuls, bringing comparisons to the three-losses-and-out performance of the United States in France in 1998.

Six months after the 1998 showing, fired coach Steve Sampson blamed MLS for the failure, saying veteran players who left their European and Mexican clubs to come home for the start of MLS two years earlier had become "soft."

While not identifying MLS, Arena's comments in the past several days strike many in the American league the same way.

"And the way for us to get our players to get better is: We do need to get more of our younger talented players in Europe," said Arena, who won two of the first three titles in MLS with D.C. United. "We need them in a year-round soccer environment. We need them playing in more intense games to help develop them mentally, as well as soccerwise."

In a subsequent interview with ESPN on Monday, Arena, a member of MLS' strategic technnical committee, said specifically he was not blaming the league. Others believe he was suggesting it was inadequate.

"The reality to so many out there is that coaching the U.S. national team is the easiest job on the planet," said U.S. national team alltime scoring leader Eric Wynalda, now an analyst for ABC/ESPN. "You do have a league that provides you with a great team. For him to be so arrogant, to not recognize that fact. ...The one thing his agent said as the reason that he should have the job was because of his success in MLS."

Wynalda, who played in Germany from 1992-1996 and spent six years in MLS, put the blame for the U.S. failures squarely on Arena.

"He can take a team to a certain level, but he has no idea where the next level is," Wynalda said. "How much does he know about playing in Europe, other than having a hot dog and a beer in the stands? Hearsay? Does he talk to the players? That's justification to know? Has he ever coached there and have that pressure? No. Sorry, I'm just pointing out the obvious."

U.S. captain Claudio Reyna, who has never played in MLS, also suggested American players needed to get to Europe. But MLS deputy commissioner Ivan Gazidis, the man most responsible for player development in the U.S. league, thinks people are grasping for excuses.

"The temptation after a disappointing World Cup is to come up with knee-jerk reactions and explanations," Gazidis said. "It has the beauty of simplicity. The inconvenient fact is there is not a shred of evidence to support it."

About half of both the 2002 and 2006 teams were comprised of players in MLS. But in 2002, six of the starters for the Americans' 3-2 opening victory against Portugal played in MLS, including Landon Donovan and Brian McBride. In 2006 against the Czech Republic, only three came from an MLS roster: Donovan, Eddie Pope and Pablo Mastroeni.

"The truth is, the answer is more complex," Gazidis said. "We'll take time to analyze this. I do think we're not producing the type of player with quality, the skill and the imagination of a (Juan) Riquelme or a Ronaldinho. We have the ability to do it. But we need to reach deeper into the Hispanic and African-American communities; look at South American player development."

The Columbus Crew's German-born coach Sigi Schmid, an assistant for the U.S. team at the 1994 World Cup and a former U.S. under-20 national team head coach, believes there are advantages to playing in Europe.

"For sure, playing Europe gives you a hardness, a coolness," he said. "There's more of a microscope, more pressure to perform as an individual. We have to be better at recreating that in MLS."

Schmid said the media reaction to this year's World Cup was a step in that direction, yet his fellow coach at the Chicago Fire, Dave Sarachan, says everybody is overthinking this.

"Maybe it's more simplistic, like we just didn't play well," said Sarachan, an assistant to Arena at the 2002 World Cup. "We fell flat in the tournament. We have MLS players who can play in the World Cup. Jimmy Conrad and Clint Dempsey played very well. I don't think MLS is the fault of the national team not playing well in the World Cup."

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
MLS supporters lash out at Arena, critics
« Reply #171 on: June 27, 2006, 04:21:59 PM »
MLS supporters lash out at Arena, critics
taken from fox sports.com

BERLIN (AP) - Some Americans are telling Bruce Arena to think before he speaks.

Support your favorite team with official World Cup gear from the Fox Soccer Shop! 

Four years ago, U.S. coach Arena lauded Major League Soccer as a reason for the Americans' run to the quarterfinals of the World Cup. Now, some think he's trying to blame the 11-year-old league for a first-round exit from Germany 2006 .

"I think it's ridiculous," MLS commissioner Don Garber said. "If I were him I'd take a deep breath and think about what I say before I criticize anyone in American soccer."

Following a 3-0 loss to the Czech Republic, a 1-1 draw with Italy and a 2-1 loss to Ghana, the Americans went home with 15 other first-round hopefuls, bringing comparisons to the three-losses-and-out performance of the United States in France in 1998.

Six months after the 1998 showing, fired coach Steve Sampson blamed MLS for the failure, saying veteran players who left their European and Mexican clubs to come home for the start of MLS two years earlier had become "soft."

While not identifying MLS, Arena's comments in the past several days strike many in the American league the same way.

"And the way for us to get our players to get better is: We do need to get more of our younger talented players in Europe," said Arena, who won two of the first three titles in MLS with D.C. United. "We need them in a year-round soccer environment. We need them playing in more intense games to help develop them mentally, as well as soccerwise."

In a subsequent interview with ESPN on Monday, Arena, a member of MLS' strategic technnical committee, said specifically he was not blaming the league. Others believe he was suggesting it was inadequate.

"The reality to so many out there is that coaching the U.S. national team is the easiest job on the planet," said U.S. national team alltime scoring leader Eric Wynalda, now an analyst for ABC/ESPN. "You do have a league that provides you with a great team. For him to be so arrogant, to not recognize that fact. ...The one thing his agent said as the reason that he should have the job was because of his success in MLS."

Wynalda, who played in Germany from 1992-1996 and spent six years in MLS, put the blame for the U.S. failures squarely on Arena.

"He can take a team to a certain level, but he has no idea where the next level is," Wynalda said. "How much does he know about playing in Europe, other than having a hot dog and a beer in the stands? Hearsay? Does he talk to the players? That's justification to know? Has he ever coached there and have that pressure? No. Sorry, I'm just pointing out the obvious."

U.S. captain Claudio Reyna, who has never played in MLS, also suggested American players needed to get to Europe. But MLS deputy commissioner Ivan Gazidis, the man most responsible for player development in the U.S. league, thinks people are grasping for excuses.

"The temptation after a disappointing World Cup is to come up with knee-jerk reactions and explanations," Gazidis said. "It has the beauty of simplicity. The inconvenient fact is there is not a shred of evidence to support it."

About half of both the 2002 and 2006 teams were comprised of players in MLS. But in 2002, six of the starters for the Americans' 3-2 opening victory against Portugal played in MLS, including Landon Donovan and Brian McBride. In 2006 against the Czech Republic, only three came from an MLS roster: Donovan, Eddie Pope and Pablo Mastroeni.

"The truth is, the answer is more complex," Gazidis said. "We'll take time to analyze this. I do think we're not producing the type of player with quality, the skill and the imagination of a (Juan) Riquelme or a Ronaldinho. We have the ability to do it. But we need to reach deeper into the Hispanic and African-American communities; look at South American player development."

The Columbus Crew's German-born coach Sigi Schmid, an assistant for the U.S. team at the 1994 World Cup and a former U.S. under-20 national team head coach, believes there are advantages to playing in Europe.

"For sure, playing Europe gives you a hardness, a coolness," he said. "There's more of a microscope, more pressure to perform as an individual. We have to be better at recreating that in MLS."

Schmid said the media reaction to this year's World Cup was a step in that direction, yet his fellow coach at the Chicago Fire, Dave Sarachan, says everybody is overthinking this.

"Maybe it's more simplistic, like we just didn't play well," said Sarachan, an assistant to Arena at the 2002 World Cup. "We fell flat in the tournament. We have MLS players who can play in the World Cup. Jimmy Conrad and Clint Dempsey played very well. I don't think MLS is the fault of the national team not playing well in the World Cup."

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 04:32:38 PM by Bally »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 27, 2006, 05:11:04 PM »
HOW ALLYUH MEN SO CHUPID

EVENTHO BRUCE SAID AUSTRALIA IS ONE OF THE WEAKEST....THEM GOIN IN SECOND ROUNDS DO NOT SAY NETING BOUT AUSTRALIA BEING BETTER THAN USA

Player for player yuh go tell me that the US is better than Australia?  If that is where yuh going with that argument, yuh better eat it.  Leh meh call some big names for yuh:  Viduka, Schwarzer, Bresciano, Kewell, Cahill, Aloisi.  All dem men is established, respected players in Europe.  Bruce was ah asshole for letting that shit come out he mouth.  He looking like ah big clown now.  Group of death or not, Australia could beat the US, and I was saying this long before the World Cup.  All they needed was a good coach.  Their local coach was only getting them to a certain level, but they needed a bit more tactical wit to get to the next level.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 05:14:30 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: MLS supporters lash out at Arena, critics
« Reply #173 on: June 27, 2006, 05:22:33 PM »
I doh like Arena as US coach, mostly because of his big mouth, but I did admire his coaching abilities at UVA and DC United.

When he was named Coach of the US team, I said to myself, look trouble. He is one of the best coaches to come out of the USA. However, He, (like most coaches) has gone as far as he can go, he's good, but not good enough. He's also right, I think the MLS is milking this a little, but what he basically said is, to get further in the world cup, you need players who battle regularly at the highest levels. leagues where they will see how it's played at the highest levels more than the 3 games you get in the World Cup. And right now the highest level is not the MLS. They can gripe all they want, but they know it's true. 
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2006, 05:30:41 PM »
I doh like Arena as US coach, mostly because of his big mouth, but I did admire his coaching abilities at UVA and DC United.

When he was named Coach of the US team, I said to myself, look trouble. He is one of the best coaches to come out of the USA. However, He, (like most coaches) has gone as far as he can go, he's good, but not good enough. He's also right, I think the MLS is milking this a little, but what he basically said is, to get further in the world cup, you need players who battle regularly at the highest levels. leagues where they will see how it's played at the highest levels more than the 3 games you get in the World Cup. And right now the highest level is not the MLS. They can gripe all they want, but they know it's true. 

Is something KINDA like what Carlos was reported to have said when he allegedly made his "local players" comment.  Is not something people necessarily want to hear, but it have value. If yuh doh like de messenger....den fuhget de messenger...but if what de messenger sayin have value...heed de message.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2006, 05:48:31 PM »
i think the usa are over reacting they were in a very tough group. 2002 the team had basically the same composition of mls based players and euro based players and they reached the quarters so whats the panic button being pressed for.
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2006, 06:14:11 PM »

yes.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2006, 09:03:39 PM »
HOW ALLYUH MEN SO CHUPID

Oh, whatever. US were in a group with debutantes Ghana, ah ole-foot Czech Republic side and a very unimpressive Italy. Australia play some sweet ball against some good opponents.

unimpressive? Italy? The World Champions?

All the groups are going to be hard, and there are no givens," he says. "The last time around the easy games were China and Saudi Arabia. This time around you'd probably say Australia and Trinidad & Tobago are the weak ones. [based on the fact that they were the last non european playoff qualifiers]  But Australia has basically all its players in Europe, and Trinidad has a guy [Dwight Yorke] who was once arguably the top striker in soccer

Keep believing everything you read in the papers...
All yuh good oui
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2006, 09:35:43 PM »
HOW ALLYUH MEN SO CHUPID

All the groups are going to be hard, and there are no givens," he says. "The last time around the easy games were China and Saudi Arabia. This time around you'd probably say Australia and Trinidad & Tobago are the weak ones. [based on the fact that they were the last non european playoff qualifiers]  But Australia has basically all its players in Europe, and Trinidad has a guy [Dwight Yorke] who was once arguably the top striker in soccer

All yuh good oui

YES Itay were unimpressive in the group stage.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2006, 10:07:47 AM »
HOW ALLYUH MEN SO CHUPID

All yuh good oui

YES Itay were unimpressive in the group stage.

To each his own...but Italy only looked unimpressive in 2 games
1) against the US (first round)
2) against Australia (round of 16)

They looked pretty good beating Ghana 2-0 and Czech Republic 2-0

As for Arena's comments..Midknight posted the full quote. I remember people getting all vex with Bruce Arena's arrogance and then the full quote was posted and everyone cooled down. Now this again...Bruce is not the only one who have to eat his words...all who get hot and bothered should learn to get the full story.  Arena is still a arrogant ass though...he and the US got what they deserved (although they get tief against Ghana). But this time he actually said something rather respectful to say about T&T and Australia

1]; } ?>