April 27, 2024, 06:31:50 AM

Author Topic: Bruce Arena: Australia & T&T are the two weakest teams in the 2006 WC.  (Read 34094 times)

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bruce Arena: Australia & T&T are the two weakest teams in the 2006 WC.
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2005, 09:05:08 AM »
Arena inherit a side dat was playing well already and giving out green card to men to run ball fuh dem to keep it going...yuh mean is over 400 million people in d US and dey still have to lock down players by granting citizenship??

We do a better job, yeah we have a ways to go but we battle against d odds and win a place. Ah woulda like to see a "friendly" against a Beenie coached best 11 and dem WC side and let d ball do d talking. Ah bet yuh we go surprise real man.

This is why ah cyah back dem CONCACAF teams and dem....dey does hate on we too much...and dey was just here last week giving "advice" to we

steups

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2005, 09:09:13 AM »
His comments are based on 2 assumptions.

1. That Trinidad and Tobago and Australia are comparatively bad teams
&
2. That the USA is a good team

It sounds like he's basing this on the fact that these are the last two teams to qualify and needed a playoff to do so. Not the kinda logic you expect from a coach at international level.

I dont think Australia is a comparatively bad team.

Im not surprised to hear this being said about Trinidad though.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2005, 09:15:51 AM »
Arena inherit a side dat was playing well already and giving out green card to men to run ball fuh dem to keep it going...yuh mean is over 400 million people in d US and dey still have to lock down players by granting citizenship??

We do a better job, yeah we have a ways to go but we battle against d odds and win a place. Ah woulda like to see a "friendly" against a Beenie coached best 11 and dem WC side and let d ball do d talking. Ah bet yuh we go surprise real man.

This is why ah cyah back dem CONCACAF teams and dem....dey does hate on we too much...and dey was just here last week giving "advice" to we

steups

I think that 400 million should be 300. Even if you count the aliens I don't think they that big.

In any case I understand the rationale behind your point. Our pool of talent is so small and his so large. America is the biggest nation in the world cup this year but thankfully the only numbers that matter in football is the final score. He's letting this ranking go to his head. Costa Rica, Equador and Senegal were suprises last time it our turn now.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2005, 09:17:47 AM »

steups

Who get a green card that balling for them now boy?

I were in his shoes I probably would have said the same ignorant thing about Trinidad. Unfortunately for him though we have nothing to lose, and that makes us very dangerous. If we only play dem dat go be a battle royale
ah cyah wait
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »

steups

The U.S. population is approx. 250 million. Who did Arena grant citizenship to boost his team ? As far as I know, the core of the U.S. team is American. We granted Birchall a passport, we were looking to do the same with Seabra, and depending on how things go Zamora, Samuel and Warner might become over-night Trinidad passport holders as well. If yuh live in a glass house don't throw no stones.

It's one thing to criticize, but don't talk rubbish to make a point that doesn't exist.

o.k. the population is close to 300m
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 09:21:55 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2005, 09:22:24 AM »
What is the difference with Bruce Arena saying we are easy beats and men on this forum saying we will beat anyoone in Pool B, Togo, Angola, Ghana etc. assumingly because they are easy beats. The man is just saying what everyone thinks. I don't know how come he said that about Australia because on paper the Aussies seem to have better players but it's just mind games being played from early o'clock.

because
no.1 it is not true.
no 2 he is a manager, he should show some respect
no 3 we are fans and can say that kind of stuff
no 4 the best thing about our team isnt just 'that one guy who used to be one of the top strikers in europe'.
no 5 if like you say it is all mind games, then the rest of your post wouldnt fit because why would he play mind games with us if we were the worst team, and we dont play them group stage, and we have seen them alot?

Bruce not playing mind games with us, it's Australia I was referring to. Why would he need to play mind games with a team that they have traditionally owned and who they have no chance of meeting in the group stage.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2005, 09:29:21 AM »
sh*t talkin not gonna get u anywhere. arena could go f heself.  >:(
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2005, 09:32:57 AM »
i feel d man talkin bout adu gettin a passport. but adu nowhere near makin dat squad
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2005, 09:38:58 AM »
Why we getting vex for comments like this? We are considered one of the weakest teams in the WC. It is not an insult. it is an opinion based on our results and path to the WC. So what? Some of us sounding like a bunch over over-reacting cry-babies. Tell me what we have done to be considered a strong team on PAPER. Nothing. WE JUST HAVE TO DO OUR TALKING ON THE FIELD. but live with it man...everyone thinks we are shit...you going to be vex with the whole world! If TnT loses all their games..tell me who outside of TnT will be surprised...noone. BUT IT WILL MAKE IT SWEETER TO PROVE THEM WRONG.

Patriotism aside, more people will disagree with the Australia comment. It eh no given that the US would have overcome uruguay to get to the WC.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2005, 09:45:07 AM »
i feel d man talkin bout adu gettin a passport. but adu nowhere near makin dat squad

Adu's mother won the green card lotto.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline marcovbasten

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2005, 09:57:59 AM »

usa losers
they drop out after the first round
poor quality
who do they think they are?brasil?saying who is weak and who's not....ppfffff..
one good player,beasley,but he's a fragile player,lots of injuries.

hope they have 3 nice games,and then they can go back to their 'lovely'country.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2005, 10:01:40 AM »
What Arena say about Tnt is no surprise to me because it is reality. Everyone i talked to in school here that not trini will say " Tnt is a shit side". I not mad at them because we have never did anything in international football to gain any resect especially from our concacaf friends. I am just hoping that after the world cup, the football world will give a little respect for tnt after we beat big sides and knock them out of the world. The Austraila thing me ain't know if that true. They players playing in big league and they have hiddink as they coach. Don't be surprise to see aussie work some magic and reach far into the world cup. One a note, fleck Arena because what he do and say can't help us, but motivate our players and our coaching staff to do better.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2005, 10:08:28 AM »
Adu will make the squad just like Brazil carried ronaldo in '94.

I agree that the concensus amongst foreigners will be that we will be the minnows. No sweat, we'll suprise people.

we as fans can say and feel however we want in support of our team. As the 12th man we should increase the drive and optimism of our team.

Bruce Arena is a homo!
TnT Patriot

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2005, 10:13:17 AM »
i jus hate de fact dat ppl sh*t talking bout who good an who bad. it de world cup we talkin bout. only de best teams get a chance to play once every four years,  de best teams in de world!!! an we're in it. nobody should be talking crap bout no one cuz every one in dis is de worlds best. ent?
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2005, 10:24:06 AM »
"I think [Arena's] comments might just show what he knows about the real world. I find his comments naive, but it doesn't surprise me, coming from a US coach. I mean, where has he been?"

I love that quote, you tell them Tobin!! Hahhaa Just for that I really respect you Australia!!

So we supporting T&T, then Brasil, Argentina etc. and Australia hooray!!

I would love to see either us, Australia, Togo, Angola, Ivory Coast etc. blows up the bullermen US team. hahaha Arena is a normal American ass who sticks to playing "soccer".

J.  ;D
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2005, 10:31:18 AM »
What Arena say about Tnt is no surprise to me because it is reality. Everyone i talked to in school here that not trini will say " Tnt is a shit side". I not mad at them because we have never did anything in international football to gain any resect especially from our concacaf friends. I am just hoping that after the world cup, the football world will give a little respect for tnt after we beat big sides and knock them out of the world. The Austraila thing me ain't know if that true. They players playing in big league and they have hiddink as they coach. Don't be surprise to see aussie work some magic and reach far into the world cup. One a note, fleck Arena because what he do and say can't help us, but motivate our players and our coaching staff to do better.

Its ok to start at the bottom and earn respect but Arena's comments are a deliberate attempt to belittle our team and we don't have to stand for it. I am a soca warrior win or lose I am a fighter. So my team might be small but I won't stand by and allow people to push us around. If Arena has a right to his opinion I have a right to mine.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2005, 11:29:01 AM »
Yes T&T are minnows in the football world, so we must deal with that and perform.  Talk done regarding that.

HOWEVER

Parreira making that comment vs. Arena making that comment is like night and day...Arena is basing that on results vs. Mexico and how they perform in WC02.  Hats off to the US for their SURPRISE run! I think his comment was irresponsible since they have not proven to be consistent contenders ... one good world cup does not make you a critic!  as a region all involved should be proud that 4 teams qualified for the WC, thus keeping that type of comment to yourself.  By berating T&T he is berating the region and by extention himself...

Arena is an arrogant backside ....every world cup I does pray that 1) we qualify and 2) if the US qualify dat they get wash!!!!!!  3) that Brazil win
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2005, 11:35:47 AM »
Yuh does know when ah man either trying to create a stir or he ignorant of the happenings in world football. Ah feel is the former.  Australia is a strong team in a weak confederation.  That is why they don't get an automatic place in the World Cup despite winning their confederation.  They have real quality from back to front.  Arena must be looking at the two last teams to qualify and thinking that it means they are the weakest.  Ah really don't see the U.S. beating this current Australia squad.  that is my feeling, taking into consideration the quality of the Australian squad and their new coach, Hiddink.  Leh the man beat he gum; he vex he ain't get seeded.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 12:45:41 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline pufftrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2005, 11:38:57 AM »
I am shocked by Arena's comments. You don't go into the World Cup (any tournament for that matter) and stoke the fires of your opponent. I hope that Beenieman make sure that Arena's comments are engrained in the brains of the Soca Warriors. I hope he do what Clive Lloyd did when Tony Greig said that he was going to make the West Indies team grovel.

The WCQ that I saw in the US in August showed me 2 fairly matched teams. I could only hope that we meet the US now. Our Warriors got to show them where barji does grow.
every man has the right to an opinion but that does not give him the right to be a jackass

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2005, 11:55:58 AM »
de man can say watever he want "in his mind" da states on par with england & brazil & its not only him that would say dat its up to us to prove him & the others wrong by making the final 16 & doing it agian in 2010

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2005, 12:09:19 PM »
and didn't have to even save a shot against us for the rest of the 90 minutes.....

Why yuh think that is?

Bruce have he opinion and he entitled to it what is shit that he voice it in such ah way that it sound irresponsible
He is a coach and as such should be humble and jes play he game and not belittle any other team
I sure Portugal was thinking they would ah wash USA ass last WC and look wha happen.

Més que un club.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2005, 12:10:33 PM »
De US go end up in the same group with Iran again and Iran go yyyyeeeeaaaattt dem up AGAIN ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2005, 12:16:59 PM »
man let bruce hull he stink canal mouth yes i wish Australia or Trinidad  end up in there group and shove his words back down he gullet

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2005, 12:52:30 PM »
My friends I think we are getting caught up with the game the media plays... listen to this:

During Bruce's post-seeding, pre-draw press conference he pointed out that his comments had been taken out of context and completely misunderstood by the T&T and Australian press.

When he was asked "who were the weak teams" he basically tried to say that conventional wisdom would be that T&T and Australia would be the weaker teams as they were the last to qualify BUT both teams had quality players and would be tough opponents.

The press only heard the first part of the sound bite and ran with it.

Perhaps Bruce needs someone at the Fed to prepare Talking Points memos for the press corp.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2005, 01:20:17 PM »
No big deal.........we are ranked under-dogs, and only a fool would be surprised to hear Arena say something like that.......Coming into this W.C. we are one of the weakest teams by reputation......I don't even see it as something to get angry about.....I like being the under-dog. It takes some pressure off of us, and teams will let their guard down a little bit against us. It works in our favour.

I could see Australia being a little upset, because their team has as much "pedigree" as the U.S., they have managed ties against the U.S. in their latest encounters, and they over-came a tough opponent in Uruguay to qualify. (I doubt that Arena would have spoken lowly of Uruguay had they qualified)..so Australia is justified in being a little surprised at Arena's comments.

Trinidad on the other hand has never given the U.S. under Arena any cause for headache or concern. They routinely beat us in the oval, scored against us in less than a minute in Boston, and didn't have to even save a shot against us for the rest of the 90 minutes..... so of course his opinion of us is that we're easy...........

I hate to say it, but until proven otherwise, if I were Arena I'd think the same thing of T&T. The good things is that his opinion is always subject to change.....and only one thing can change it........Our team has to prove themselves.......

My only hope is that comments like this inject more fire into the warriors as opposed to deflating their confidence. That's my only concern.

Of course T&T are the underdogs in the tournament and he entitled to he opinion, but whuh give Arena de fleckin right to run he mouth so? I think de US not even supposed to be in de top 10 of FIFA rankings. Ah hope dey get Brazil in dey first round and dey get licks 5-0 with ah own goal by de big trash-talker Landon Donovan. Den Whitley and Latas go bun through he defense.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2005, 01:33:43 PM »
What an asshole. Based on the progress of the team that played against them then alone, I believe we can cut dey ass now. And i really dont think its rash to say so. dey have teams like Togo and Angola, Serbia Montenegro (despite all them being formadable) an he want to say Austalia who beat Uraguay and us who beat a slightly weaker Mexico team are the weakest nations? He could ride he mudda cuhnt out. Dah Mexico team was missin TWO big players. Borgetti and Martinez. The two fellahz that replaced him were 1. A young, tall, standout defender who showed great ball control in that very match AND Fonseca who scored all four goals against Guatemala in Mexico's previous qualifier. Fonseca is also one of the "PLAYERS TO LOOK OUT FOR" on the official world cup site. Not Borgetti or Martinez. Bruce Arena like revlon makeup for the american team. He can only cover up their obvious insecurities. Like how dey could BARELY take care of Panama in the GOLD CUP final on their own home soil! BRUCE ARENA take a GIGANTIC stewpssssssssssssssss
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2005, 01:35:06 PM »
Tell that yankee tool to kiss our collective Trini ASSES!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2005, 01:57:34 PM »
Well look my crosses nah! Arena is a true american..arrogant and lives in a bubble..but that bubble would pop big time on the WC pitch. Go warriors... let the donkeys bray  ;D
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2005, 02:00:09 PM »
Lemma ask alyuh something.......what did Arena say regarding TT that is not correct.

Stop gettin emotional........it is the truth, Arena is very correct in his assessment of us and doe have we to study.

The fact remains we have never beaten them in a WCQ. We beat them only once in a friendly in POS 1-0

and the last game we play them we were totally outplayed and thanks to Donavan throwing away and Jack saves we woulda get about 4.

Australia though I feel could more than warm the USA.

Why alyuh feel since we reach we team is a big team.

Bruce entitled to he opinion and if he feel we and Australia shitty he have ever right to say so.

Aluh ent want to give credit that the USA is a BIG side now.........thats wha really going on.

Now lemme show alyuh this form.......I hate the USMNT and I ent like them lil bit, but yuh have to respect them and they does always churn out unspectacular wins and no side does ever outclass or overrun them. They does more than hold they own and I expect to see dem in the second rounds.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>