April 26, 2024, 11:31:52 PM

Author Topic: Bruce Arena: Australia & T&T are the two weakest teams in the 2006 WC.  (Read 34055 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bruce Arena: Australia & T&T are the two weakest teams in the 2006 WC.
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2005, 02:33:13 PM »

Now lemme show alyuh this form.......I hate the USMNT and I ent like them lil bit, but yuh have to respect them and they does always churn out unspectacular wins and no side does ever outclass or overrun them. They does more than hold they own and I expect to see dem in the second rounds.

You forget Haiti in d Orange bowl a couple yrs age real outclass dem boy
had dem men hot and they ahd their full squad
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2005, 02:52:22 PM »
Lemma ask alyuh something.......what did Arena say regarding TT that is not correct.

Stop gettin emotional........it is the truth, Arena is very correct in his assessment of us and doe have we to study.

The fact remains we have never beaten them in a WCQ. We beat them only once in a friendly in POS 1-0

and the last game we play them we were totally outplayed and thanks to Donavan throwing away and Jack saves we woulda get about 4.

Australia though I feel could more than warm the USA.

Why alyuh feel since we reach we team is a big team.

Bruce entitled to he opinion and if he feel we and Australia shitty he have ever right to say so.

Aluh ent want to give credit that the USA is a BIG side now.........thats wha really going on.

Now lemme show alyuh this form.......I hate the USMNT and I ent like them lil bit, but yuh have to respect them and they does always churn out unspectacular wins and no side does ever outclass or overrun them. They does more than hold they own and I expect to see dem in the second rounds.

Touches..ah get what yuh saying but it does still stick meh how we cyah see any WC matches in English here on regular TV but when d US make d second rounds everybody bawling dat they gonna win d cup and d Americans dominate another sport...dem ent even know it by d right name.

Ah know that have nothing to do with what we discussing now but I feel dem real claim to fame was off d last cup and dat had plenty surprises besides dem. Allyuh coulda predict France getiing drop like that or Senegal and S. Korea mashing up all dem games at d death?

What ah trying to say is if d US could show dat kinda play in this cup against some quality sides den I could give dem ratings. They cyah come and win against some CONCACAF teams and figure dey rank among d best by that. Outside of CONCACAF in d last WC dey beat a Portugal side that was in problems from d start, besides that draw Korea and beat Mexico. When dey hit a big side like Germany, hell pop fuh dem.

D Confederations Cup was even worse for dem  and they finish last in dey group.

The US need to prove they're not a flash-in-the-pan side before they could come with that talk. We ent no big side yet but every journey start with a single step, US was in we position before and we go be in theirs. On a good day we could give dem a match, its not like its allways dey walkover we, our time will come.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2005, 02:56:35 PM »
Steupssss Americans too blasted arrogant.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2005, 02:58:16 PM »
Steupssss Americans too blasted arrogant.

LOL...it's the United States of Arrogance  :rotfl:
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2005, 03:00:26 PM »

Lemma ask alyuh something.......what did Arena say regarding TT that is not correct.

Who de hell is he to say that and who de hell is de US? He is a third rate coach and coaches a second rate team. FIFA rankings doh mean crap.

and the last game we play them we were totally outplayed and thanks to Donavan throwing away and Jack saves we woulda get about 4.

We played a man short for 50 minutes and only lost 1 - nil on their turf. The fact is, keepers make saves and men throw away. So, to say we were lucky not to get 4, is presumptuous.

Why alyuh feel since we reach we team is a big team.

We not big, we LARGE. Again, who de ass is he to say we weak. Wha happen to Togo, Ghana, Angola and Iran? Are they stronger than us?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 03:40:07 PM by BigToe »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2005, 03:19:53 PM »
We not big, we LARGE. Again, who de ass is he to say we weak. Wha happen to Togo, Ghana, Angola and Iran? Are they stronger than us?

maybe, maybe not.

the question is....why men so insecure? he thinks we are one of the weakest teams...so what? a journalist asked a question and he gave an answer. talk done. one man answer turn ah whole setta supporters into wild men...allyah is kix yes

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2005, 03:26:07 PM »
Rather than focus on Arena's comments, I want to big-up Dwight:

Trinidad & Tobago star Yorke last night bristled at Arena's suggestion. "The manager of the American team is entitled to his opinion," he said. "Hopefully when he comes up against one of us we can shove the words right back in his face. America was in our [qualifying] group. They know they were very fortunate to beat us. They are not a brilliant team like they are making out to be … we've been playing them for years, they are not that special."

WELL SAID!!! And frankly, all this should do is provide more inspriation and ammo for the Warriors! If I was Beenie (and I'm not...far from it) I would play this clip in the dressing room JUST before the team walks out for their first match against Germany (I just have a feeling we drawing Germany on Friday)...

To be frank, the US are not the team they were 4 years ago, and as Dwight said, they were lucky to beat us twice. Da Marcus Beasley is quality and their goalkeeping pedigree is quality, but otherwise Reyna aging, Donavan eh nuttin special and Adu hasn't lived up to the hype yet. You'll have to do better than that Arena...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 03:27:46 PM by boss »

TrinInfinite

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2005, 03:26:47 PM »
i like when teams talk like de US, bc when dey fall it does damage dem, de US have never been a footballing nation, we have been a footballing nation since our birth and before, we will prevail, us being humble will take us far bc we have de talent tuh do it

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2005, 03:30:04 PM »
No need to get angry...All i could say is that Bruce arena could say what he wants...Most coaches would probably say the same thing if asked... I think with Beenhakker's guidance we could go to the World Cup and perform good...We will surprise people so let these guys talk...Talk does only win argument not football ,,,so let them fellas talk....Go T&T

Allyuh know about what a stink fart is?  Allyuh ever sit dong in Globe Theatre in POS and ah man buss a fart?  Guess who smell...you of course...red beans, boil egg, cabbage...whatever.  The SOCAWARRIORS Team is likened unto a stink fart...silent but deadly!!!! :rotfl:  Doh talk much jus let Arena and all ah dem eat their words when we paly...always prove your detractors wrong ???

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2005, 03:39:24 PM »
Trinidad & Tobago star Yorke last night bristled at Arena's suggestion. "The manager of the American team is entitled to his opinion," he said. "Hopefully when he comes up against one of us we can shove the words right back in his face. America was in our [qualifying] group. They know they were very fortunate to beat us. They are not a brilliant team like they are making out to be … we've been playing them for years, they are not that special."

Yorkie firing d first shots of dis war from now...no more nice boy attitude on d field with them. USA not invincible, ah figure is mostly a mental thing with our side now anyway. We have scored on dem before, just lapsed in our defence and let them score more. Our defence has always been a sore point but once that in order we could give dem a run.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2005, 04:06:13 PM »
The blunt truth about U.S. Soccer is that the entire body of "Major League Soccer" would be in any European encyclopedia of the sport under "relegation, newly created lowest imaginable tier". That's what I think about bruce arena and his soccer squad of americans.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »
touches,the point is that he is wrong, plain and simple. he entitled to his opinion, but  hes incorrect with it. and as a manager, he should try to be a bit more diplomatic and respectful.
Hart for president

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2005, 05:57:06 PM »
this is de american mentality.they feel they are the best in everything they do.look at the NFL.they is the only f**kin country that does play this shit (is ah f**kin bullermen game) and they does call the winner the world champions.same thing in baseball and basketball.only american  and couple canadian faget teams,true they have international individuals but to call the winners world champion.get f**kin real.bruce arena hull yuh mooma cuny.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2005, 05:57:43 PM »
touches,the point is that he is wrong, plain and simple. he entitled to his opinion, but  hes incorrect with it. and as a manager, he should try to be a bit more diplomatic and respectful.

maybe he coulda be diplomatic and duck de question and say there are no weak teams. but dat is coward man ting. i glad he answer de question so - mourinho style. doh duck nuttin and keep tings interesting. I doh think there is any right or wrong when it comes to expressing these kinds of opinions....just beliefs. Arena light a lil' fire and hopefully the warriors will use that positively. We have nothing to lose and nothing nobody say could hurt we. When we cuss Arena or worse yet, all Americans, because of one man's slack jaw, well...who being undiplomatic and disrespectful now...ent we bigger dan dat?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2005, 06:03:27 PM »
this is de american mentality.they feel they are the best in everything they do.look at the NFL.they is the only f**kin country that does play this shit (is ah f**kin bullermen game) and they does call the winner the world champions.same thing in baseball and basketball.only american  and couple canadian faget teams,true they have international individuals but to call the winners world champion.get f**kin real.bruce arena hull yuh mooma cuny.

they call themselves World Champion because  a couple of the leagues were sponsored by a now-defunct newsapper called 'The World'. no lie. It was a tongue-in-cheek moniker....and many americans think it is just funny and stupid that it's still called that. So doh dig. Bruce made de inflamatory statements...anti American bashing is taking it one step to far

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2005, 06:06:19 PM »
like ALL d american leader's ultimate mission is to become the most unpopular Nation on earth. George Bush is a pupet for Chaney an dem... who is pupetering Arena? and why is it that NO other coaches are comming out to the media at large to say who the worst teams are in the WC ......cuz its obviously just another universal concept of respect that Arena connot grasp. 
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2005, 06:12:58 PM »

they call themselves World Champion because  a couple of the leagues were sponsored by a now-defunct newsapper called 'The World'. no lie. It was a tongue-in-cheek moniker....and many americans think it is just funny and stupid that it's still called that. So doh dig. Bruce made de inflamatory statements...anti American bashing is taking it one step to far
wuh yuh mean anti american bashin.it is ah fact americans behave in a manner that they own the fukin world.they bring this on themselves.i know yuh know the sayin"yuh make yuh bed sleep in it"
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2005, 06:39:15 PM »
USA dont mix matters, they are preparing well. We still have Christmas, Carnival and Easter to worry about, while de USA will be preparing.

USA vs. Canada on Jan. 22 2006 in San Diego
USA vs. Norway on Jan. 29 2006 in Carson
USA vs. Japan on Feb. 10 2006 in San Francisco

The U.S. Men’s National Soccer Team will use the city of Hamburg as their home base throughout the upcoming 2006 FIFA World Cup being staged in 12 venues in Germany from June 9 to July 9, 2006. The U.S. will learn the venue in which they will play their group matches on December 9, 2005, at the FIFA World Cup Draw in Leipzig, Germany.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 06:43:36 PM by Flex »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2005, 06:49:58 PM »
ONE SETTA CRY BABIES ON THIS SITE..........

ARENA GIWWE A LIL DIS AND IZ 3 PAGES OF CRYIN'..............talkin' bout diplomacy and being polite yadda yadda steupssssss

...allyuh now come out or wha ? This is football not jump rope...This is a man's game...yuh want a hug, go by yuh gyul......this is about gamesmanship and competition...If this response is any indication of how our team reacts to criticism then we have a long way to go.........Bruce Arena doh owe Trinidad no kind words...PLAIN TALK IS NO BAD MANNERS....the man find we shitty, and we eh prove him wrong yet........talk done !!

This thread is testament that Trinidad is not a real football country. Go England, Brazil or Spain etc...the press 100 times harsher than on THEIR OWN TEAM !!!!!

Broaden yuh backs Warriors...Yuh want to be included in the the Global football fraternity ?.....broaden yuh back and learn to take talk like a real football public is used to............Lewwe take the talk like men...and the next time the U.S. come down to play us in Trini lace Arena ass with BOOO!!!!..... and toilet paper.........and rotten eggs etc........(hopefully accompanied by a cuta$$ on the field)

Daz how we hadda respond.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 06:56:54 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2005, 06:51:59 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause:

well said kicker

what part of morvant u said u was from? ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »
:applause: :applause: :applause:

well said kicker

what part of morvant u said u was from? ;D

I from the part of morvant they call Santa Cruz........ ;D

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2005, 07:28:23 PM »
Kicker,
go so with that gun talk eh
u never see badman like south badman
 >:(
check dat hard pan
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2005, 07:37:01 PM »
Bruce is ah real P=-'.>/Y hole, ah doh even want to say much, jus watch de ride in de world cup, nuff nuff teams go be crying, when dey face de warriors.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 07:44:57 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2005, 08:25:09 PM »

wuh yuh mean anti american bashin.it is ah fact americans behave in a manner that they own the f**kin world.they bring this on themselves.i know yuh know the sayin"yuh make yuh bed sleep in it"

well read these...

http://www.socceramerica.com/article.asp?Art_ID=562136760

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/US-soccer-coach-backtracks-on-Socceroos/2005/12/07/1133829643743.html

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,17496283%255E12428,00.html

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2005, 09:10:51 PM »
Arena is entitled to his opinion. Nothing we can say can change his mind. Our boys have to perform so that we can change his mind. Also, bear in mind that the US team was not always strong. I remember the days when they used to get licks like it was going out of style. However, with the right amount of money and planning and after a lot more licks, they got better. So Arena better be careful about what he's saying because whatever happens, this World Cup can only open doors for us and we may not be as 'easy' to beat as Arena claims.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2005, 09:21:59 PM »

Broaden yuh backs Warriors...Yuh want to be included in the the Global football fraternity ?.....broaden yuh back and learn to take talk like a real football public is used to............Lewwe take the talk like men...and the next time the U.S. come down to play us in Trini lace Arena ass with BOOO!!!!..... and toilet paper.........and rotten eggs etc........(hopefully accompanied by a cuta$$ on the field)

Daz how we hadda respond.

so  we can throw stuff at the players when they come to play us and get upset, but we cannot comment on a mesageboard how his comments are incorrect to us? make some sense.
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2005, 09:55:16 PM »

so  we can throw stuff at the players when they come to play us and get upset, but we cannot comment on a mesageboard how his comments are incorrect to us? make some sense.

Relax homeboy....don't take everything so literally.....I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do.....honestly I couldn't care less what you do........my point was, fight fire with fire....gamesmanship with gamesmanship...that is the name of the game......I think it's more effective than bitching and moaning over what is a harmless comment in the whole scheme of things.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2005, 10:45:41 PM »
bitching and moaning gets the fire burning. and it may be a harmless comment but thats we do on dis board, we discuss and debate. and alot of people felt it was in poor taste and a bit disrespectful.
we are one of 32 of the best teams in the world so Bruce Arena can keep it closed.
Hart for president

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2005, 12:05:53 AM »
REALITY CHECK FUH BRUCE !!!

Under Arena has US national team football improved our the last two years ?
Answer  NO

Has TT football improved over the last six months ?

Answer     YES

Has football improved for all the other first time qualifiers ?

Answer         YES

Will US football improve under Bruce in the next seven months ?

Answer          NO

Will T&T football and that of the other first time qualifiers improve over the next seven months ?

Answer        YES

My prediction is this.
The US will end up in a group with a football powerhouse, a new qualifier and a traditional football nation.

They will lose to the power house, lose to the new qualifier and draw with the traditional powerhouse.

Bruce will return home with one point, will promptly be fired and nobody in the US will really care , since is not ice hockey or american football anyway
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2005, 07:05:55 AM »
bitching and moaning gets the fire burning. and it may be a harmless comment but thats we do on dis board, we discuss and debate. and alot of people felt it was in poor taste and a bit disrespectful.
we are one of 32 of the best teams in the world so Bruce Arena can keep it closed.

nah padnah, bitching and  moaning makes us sound like a bunch a cry babies....debate and discussion are fine...bitching and moaning are signs of weakness. only a few even attempt to mash up Arena comments with some logic, stats, reasoning, picong....we too quick to resort to elementary school type insults when we disagree with someone. like Kicker say...we are not a football country. we cyah handle shit. In real football countries like Brazil, Italy, Argentina...de national  and club teams undersgo extreme criticism in public forums...even when they playing a higher level of ball dan us.  when the WC draw is made and other guests from other countries come by the hundreds on this board to engage in some shit talk...watch and see some of ur posters will start to cuss and carry on like idiots. 10 men from Bahrain had some of the members of this board hot and sweaty, spewing one setta retarded, unintelligible, xenophobic garbage. i hope we represent TnT better when the whole world comes to visit.

Any-hooo, Arena denies saying any of that garbage....

http://www.socceramerica.com/article.asp?Art_ID=562136760

1]; } ?>