March 28, 2024, 03:04:48 AM

Author Topic: Bruce Arena: Australia & T&T are the two weakest teams in the 2006 WC.  (Read 33777 times)

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bruce Arena: Australia & T&T are the two weakest teams in the 2006 WC.
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2005, 07:54:04 AM »
Love it

This guy already lost points before he will even face Australia or T&T !

What a joker.

Australia has the best coach in the entire world with perhaps the best penalty line up & training of the world.

Great this will make T&T and Australia extra motivated.

Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2005, 08:41:36 AM »
REALITY CHECK FUH BRUCE !!!

Under Arena has US national team football improved our the last two years ?
Answer  NO

Has TT football improved over the last six months ?

Answer     YES

Has football improved for all the other first time qualifiers ?

Answer         YES

Will US football improve under Bruce in the next seven months ?

Answer          NO

Will T&T football and that of the other first time qualifiers improve over the next seven months ?

Answer        YES

My prediction is this.
The US will end up in a group with a football powerhouse, a new qualifier and a traditional football nation.

They will lose to the power house, lose to the new qualifier and draw with the traditional powerhouse.

Bruce will return home with one point, will promptly be fired and nobody in the US will really care , since is not ice hockey or american football anyway

Yeah I have a slight feelin' that the U.S. will flop this W.C. too.........might be wrong of course, but I just gettin' that sneakin' suspicion.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2005, 08:54:39 AM »
bitching and moaning gets the fire burning. and it may be a harmless comment but thats we do on dis board, we discuss and debate. and alot of people felt it was in poor taste and a bit disrespectful.
we are one of 32 of the best teams in the world so Bruce Arena can keep it closed.

Responding to Arena's comment with "Arena is an a$$.........or haul he mudda ****......or U.S. is sh*t......or Arena shoud hush is a$$......or typical american arrogance.....is not discussing and debating.....It's bitching and moaning...........

Anyway, after reading more articles about this thing, I think Arena's words were isolated and taken out of context. I think he was trying to comment on the strength of the W.C. field by saying something to the effect of: "imagine teams that you would consider to be easy teams- Australia has all their players playing in Europe, and Trinidad has a striker who was once the biggest striker in World Football"...that's a paraphrase and not a quote, but if you go and read more articles surrounding the incident, you might agree that that was the crux of the whole controversy.......

Check it out....Unless of course in the spirit of this classy debate, you've already made up your mind that "Arena is an a$$"

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2005, 09:21:11 AM »
leave all d bitching and moaning for bitches
we can talk all we want but it eh go mean nuttin til we drop a cut@$$ on dem on d field
everybody have a right to be vex, that was a very politically incorrect statement. politicians does lose dey wuk for saying inconsiderate (no matter how true it may be) shit like dat
but honestly RIGHt NOW allyuh feel we in d best 32 teams in d world???
i love my warriors as much as the most ardent fan but i eh feel we in the top 32 yet
definitely by next June though
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2005, 09:27:30 AM »
usa usa allyuh really gettin meh vex yuh kno

i wa beat allyuh baddddddddddddddddd give we a freiendly nah let we show allyuh why we in d world cup

lucky 1 nil win against 10 men an allyuh talkin boyyyyyyy >:( >:( >:(
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2005, 01:16:22 PM »
First of all I wanna say Arena DAMN disrepectful and outa place to make them comments. We and Australia are not the lowest ranked team in the world cup so he pulling ting outa he ass. And yes statistically we have a weak side when we look at the 32 but is not he place to throw egg on we face like that and I vex no ass he do that.

However, Touches is right. The US is a big side and they have improved to be the powerhouse in the region. They consistently getting the better of Mexico recently and yes they does play boring ass ball most ah the times but yuh hadda hand it to them that dey does hold they own. They maybe not top 10 in the world but they could definitely hold they own with most. So ppl need to stop shitting on them and sayin dey is mess and doing like dem is more mess than we coz ppl they are not. Dey is a big side now and we hadda live with it. Saying all this they might flop in this WC but we hadda still respect them as a big side even if their coach is undiplomatic.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2005, 01:18:24 PM »
Allyuh still studying Bruce...allyuh eh kno is three and out for the US dis rounds or wha??
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2005, 01:32:41 PM »
Arena waiting for World Cup draw before looking at possible opponents
By CHRIS LEHOURITES, AP Sports Writer
December 8, 2005'

LEIPZIG, Germany (AP) -- United States coach Bruce Arena is not concerned about his team's opponents in the first round of the World Cup.

"I haven't spent two minutes worried about it," Arena said Thursday. "I haven't examined the field because it's a waste of time."

The Americans missed out on being one of the eight seeded teams for Friday's draw, which will divide the field into eight four-nation groups. Chances are high that they will be drawn against a team that's won the world's tournament -- either host Germany, defending champion Brazil, Argentina, England, Italy or France.

The other two seeded teams are Mexico and Spain, but the United States can't play the Mexicans in the first round because they are from the same soccer confederation.

Five of the seven possible opponents are European, and the eighth-ranked Americans are 1-2-7 under Arena against teams from that continent.

"Who cares? It doesn't mean anything," Arena said. "We lost to some good teams in Europe. I don't think the 'in Europe' is an issue. It's still neutral (ground) regardless, with the exception of Germany."

Playing the host in the first round is something Arena would definitely like to avoid.

His team faced co-host South Korea in the group phase at the last World Cup three years ago, and managed to get a draw despite the intense local media scrutiny and huge home crowd support.

The Americans then advanced and went to the quarterfinals, where they lost to Germany 1-0, and Arena is hoping that good showing will help the team next year.

"It's a plus to have a little bit of history of success," he said. "Our goal will still be to get out of group play."

When Arena does learn the three opponents, he'll start preparing for the Americans' opener.

"The roster is not impacted by who we're playing," Arena said. "More important is when we play our first game. I'm hopeful we start later. Gives you a little more time to prepare."

Arena said the focus will be on the team they face in the first match, while some scouting will be done on the team they face second.

For the team's third match, Arena thinks the opponent's performance in its first two games will be enough.

"They show us their personality and what they're about by game three," Arena said.

Before the tournament, the Americans will have some warmup matches, including an exhibition at Germany on March 22.

After some exhibitions in the days before the team flies to Germany, Arena will set up training in Hamburg. He picked that city over Munich and Berlin.

"Hamburg was the kind of hotel we want and the kind of atmosphere we want for the team," Arena said.

He'll know soon enough if it helped the team improve.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline USgalWARRIORbf

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2005, 03:16:23 PM »
um...

so...

who ARE the two weakest teams if not Trinidad?

Im interested in hearing that one.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2005, 03:20:20 PM »
um...

so...

I tink de point is that bruce arena really cant say that wen they havent beaten us too convincingly in the hex...so shudnt really be boasting that we de weakest and they themselves are unable to put a pounding on us....
so let him Haul he ass!!!!! its the world cup and anyting is possible..
Back in Trini...

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2005, 03:38:10 PM »
um...

so...

I tink de point is that bruce arena really cant say that wen they havent beaten us too convincingly in the hex...so shudnt really be boasting that we de weakest and they themselves are unable to put a pounding on us....
so let him Haul he ass!!!!! its the world cup and anyting is possible..

i say so too yeh...dem really ent beat us to convincingly..its like this..the US ent no real competition against dem bigger name teams..so its kinda funny how he drawing comparisions to trinidad and australia..he cyah find talk with the big guns..so he choosing us!!!...dey really say empty barrels does make de most noise...for all i care arena can go screw himself and his players..TnT need to put down a good licking on dem..lewwe play a freiendly nah!pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Onwards to Germany

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2005, 03:53:54 PM »
REALITY CHECK FUH BRUCE !!!

Answer  NO

Has TT football improved over the last six months ?

Answer     YES

Answer         YES

Will US football improve under Bruce in the next seven months ?

Answer          NO

Will T&T football and that of the other first time qualifiers improve over the next seven months ?

Answer        YES

My prediction is this.
The US will end up in a group with a football powerhouse, a new qualifier and a traditional football nation.

They will lose to the power house, lose to the new qualifier and draw with the traditional powerhouse.

Bruce will return home with one point, will promptly be fired and nobody in the US will really care , since is not ice hockey or american football anyway

Yea boy fishs i feel you have it VERY correct dey. AND if were both right at d end of worldcup we eh go let d yanks hear de END of it!
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2005, 04:08:34 PM »
I agree with Arena.
Maybe T&T and Angola, not really Australia (all this based on current form).

This is the elite in the world now people. being 30th or 31st out of the top 32 in the world aint that bad.

The US has been to every WC since 1990, recahing the quarters and thing.

We just make it for the first time.

If I was any of them other countries, I would be praying to get T&T in my group.

The bredda wasnt attacking T&T personally. He talking football talk.

We have to earn respect.

When we in Shell Cup group stage and we call Anguilla the weakest in the competition, you feel that any different?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2005, 04:19:33 PM »

Answer         YES

i think this questionable. teams like australia and ghana have had consistent quality for a while - this time things worked out for them. i see no big jump in quality even in we own football - t&t has performed better than present within the conference (now we 4th, before we were arguably 1st (1973)).

qualifying have to do with other circumstances besides how good the team is. it also depends on how the other teams in the qualifiers perform.

Answer  NO

to be fair, sides like mexico and usa only get a chance to prove how far they've progressed in the world cup (i.e. less frequently) - regionals they've done everything they need to beating all the other teams convincingly. i doh see how the last 2 years is a big measure of arena's stewardship since they qualify comfortably.

the real test for them (and mexico) is germany.

and until we can show some consistency in our achievements, arena go be skinning he mout ne time a reporter pass by.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2005, 05:14:51 PM »
bitching and moaning gets the fire burning. and it may be a harmless comment but thats we do on dis board, we discuss and debate. and alot of people felt it was in poor taste and a bit disrespectful.
we are one of 32 of the best teams in the world so Bruce Arena can keep it closed.

Responding to Arena's comment with "Arena is an a$$.........or haul he mudda ****......or U.S. is sh*t......or Arena shoud hush is a$$......or typical american arrogance.....is not discussing and debating.....It's bitching and moaning...........

Anyway, after reading more articles about this thing, I think Arena's words were isolated and taken out of context. I think he was trying to comment on the strength of the W.C. field by saying something to the effect of: "imagine teams that you would consider to be easy teams- Australia has all their players playing in Europe, and Trinidad has a striker who was once the biggest striker in World Football"...that's a paraphrase and not a quote, but if you go and read more articles surrounding the incident, you might agree that that was the crux of the whole controversy.......

Check it out....Unless of course in the spirit of this classy debate, you've already made up your mind that "Arena is an a$$"

if your offended by the arena-bashing then thats your problem, take it up with someone who cares. but arena is an ass. and this comment from him sums that up. we cant go throwing food and items at the man(as you suggested) so we'll make do with venting on this thread.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 05:17:15 PM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2005, 05:26:23 PM »
I agree with Arena.

This is the elite in the world now people. being 30th or 31st out of the top 32 in the world aint that bad.

If I was any of them other countries, I would be praying to get T&T in my group.

We have to earn respect.

When we in Shell Cup group stage and we call Anguilla the weakest in the competition, you feel that any different?

Well yeah we need to earn respect but d US isn't really d one that should be calling us out.

Dey qualify in 90 for d first time in 40 years (I think), get a bly in 94 cause they were the hosts. Didn't do anything in 98 and beat a CONCACAF side and a troubled Portugal in 02. Not really stellar in terms of identifying d weak teams.

If he was going off d FIFA rankings den he need to check some of d African newcomers who ranked lower than us. I would be even more dissappointed if he was in fact going off the rankings.

After all is said and done we need to prove something now. If men feel we vex in vain den whats d point of being d so called "12 man", imagine what our boys going through hearing that. Dey mustbe vex as hell, we have a right to be too.

We go settle dis on d field.

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2005, 05:32:01 PM »
Weak is relative....

Austrailia is weak as football is probably second to rugby or cricket. They will still whip the best USA "Sakkarr" team even on bad day..
Trinidad is week, as we have the smallest population of qualifiers, but we could still hold our own and put a sound licking on several current qualified teams.

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2005, 05:46:29 PM »
 bruce aren cud just hush. We should land up in a group wit USA and slam a few goals and let him hush he mouth

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2005, 05:48:05 PM »
daz wah ah was sayin

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2005, 05:50:15 PM »
England
USA
Ivory Coast
T&T
Saudi Arabia
Australia

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2005, 05:52:49 PM »
England
USA
Ivory Coast
T&T
Saudi Arabia
Australia

FF look at this group and tell meh what wrong with it.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2005, 06:21:01 PM »
Like Filho and Kicker I am very disappointed at the responses from many of the forumites.

I also in my opinion realise I does be watching a different game to alyuh fellas, does analyse game different, does watch how a team play different and does look at trend, form and  players on a squad different to plenty of alyuh.

The men I want to hear from ent post yet but why alyuh lettin Areana vex alyuh so when he talking the truth.

In fact I going and burst alyuh Germany hype bubble lil bit and shake alyuh up just to see the reality of the situation. I am doing this to overexaggerate a point and show alyuh yuh gettin vex for nuttin and for someone who is an outsider looking in they can make their own judgement and opinion based on some relative facts! and I repeat facts!

Now watch the quality of the teams we play and the score lines of each.....we getting lix from shit side, ketching we arse from side that not good and we bare scraping against decent teams. Lewwe forget Beenhaker.....lets look at the total picture.

We finish above only 2 sides Panama and Guatemala.......Forget Gold Cup, We had a lucky semi final draw and we barely make it tru that....in fact Vincy and St Kitts school we like they was Brazil. If yuh didnt go the games and see the side then and only now jump on take wha I telling yuh we did look damn bad then. Panama is not a football side and Guatemala is not any big side in Concacaf neither and yet they hit we 5.........and we had the same team. Then we play Bahrain, who everybody could see is not a side.
In fact if the TT side didnt have the jitters and pressure on them they coulda rest about 4 on Bahrain. I am also convinced that Jabloteh could handle them and a MLS side would give them about 4.

anyway alyuh watch these TT games and honestly as someone who is knowledgeable about football really watch the teams we play and the results.

TT games since 2000

Now watch the USMNT set of games, the competitve tournaments they play in and the opposition. Go on the left and drop down the menu and scroll tru the various years and competitions in the same time frame.

US Mens Results

There is no comparison between us and them........they better and as much as it might hurt alyuh is the truth.

Bruce find we ent good and the thing is we have to play well consistently and prove the doubters wrong. We havent done that yet and until we start playing big teams and beating them or at least looking competitve for 90 min we will be regarded as a Tin-pot outfit by the Europeans.

Also USA get there fair share of talk from many managers in the past. But as of now they have the respect of the football world.....me included.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 06:24:52 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2005, 06:41:45 PM »
Touches,

Lewwe kill this talk. It's like arguing with a woman using rationale (watch men attack my political correctness with that statement) Rationale and emotion don't mix. People are sensitive to having Arena dismiss our side as easy. It's understandable. Deep down, everyone knows why Arena would think so, but they just don't want to hear it from his mouth.

Man makin' up excuses about politically correct yadda yadda....bullshit.....If we were going into a digicel cup, and Beenie predicted that our easiest games would be against Monsterrat and Turks & Caicos, we would not judge his discretion or political correctness...

Bottom line is that Trinidadians have a gripe with the U.S., especially when it comes to football. Even for me, a victory for the Warriors over the U.S. in the W.C. would be as sweet as a victory over any "big" side...that's just a reflection of how we feel about them as a football nation. Whether or not we could see where Arena is coming from, our pride makes us hate the thought of them dismissing us as an easy team...

It's emotion and pride talkin' in this thread, simple as that .

« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 06:43:44 PM by kicker »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2005, 06:50:49 PM »
Touches, with me, i am not acting like we should be getting world class respect. and the US owns us. but,i would have liked to seen more diplomacy and class from arena. we have improved drastically over the past year.still,he can think we are the worst team at the world cup and i can disagree with that statement. i echo what yorke said concerning arena's comments,
 "The manager of the American team is entitled to his opinion," he said. "Hopefully when he comes up against one of us we can shove the words right back in his face. America was in our [qualifying] group. They know they were very fortunate to beat us. They are not a brilliant team like they are making out to be … we've been playing them for years, they are not that special."
Hart for president

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2005, 07:43:05 PM »
we better dan dem
he have no right saying dat
look how much teams we beat and how bad we beat dem
look how great we did in the gold cup
look how much men we have playing in the best leagues around the world
look how highly we are ranked in fifa's world rankings
look how easily we qualify out of the most difficult region: concacaf

right
that should done all d talk

Arenas is still a jack@$$
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2005, 07:51:47 PM »
whether hes right or not i still think hes arrogant
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2005, 08:28:37 PM »
anyway alyuh watch these TT games and honestly as someone who is knowledgeable about football really watch the teams we play and the results.

TT games since 2000

Now watch the USMNT set of games, the competitve tournaments they play in and the opposition. Go on the left and drop down the menu and scroll tru the various years and competitions in the same time frame.

US Mens Results

There is no comparison between us and them........they better and as much as it might hurt alyuh is the truth.

Bruce find we ent good and the thing is we have to play well consistently and prove the doubters wrong. We havent done that yet and until we start playing big teams and beating them or at least looking competitve for 90 min we will be regarded as a Tin-pot outfit by the Europeans.

Also USA get there fair share of talk from many managers in the past. But as of now they have the respect of the football world.....me included.

Bruce talking about it like dat,  because of the fact that they have a better head to head record against us, but he is still ah IMPS though.

Dee TTFF better get dey house in order an start getting quality friendly games after this world cup, because dey USA way ahead of us in that department.
I just hope we get a decent draw and USA get a hard one.
Leh we hear if Bruce go come out wid he cowboy mentality and all guns blazing, or he go keep quiet like a lamb.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2005, 08:50:33 PM »
I agree with Arena.

We have to earn respect.

When we call Anguilla the weakest in the competition. Boss, who is we? Which T$T coach did say dat? May be u can share dat info.  :thinking:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 08:55:35 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2005, 12:56:54 AM »
Good points Touches, good rational points. Discussion on dis board sometimes bordering on fanaticism. Arena's comments, while misinterpreted by de media, are so correct when it comes to Trini. We are de  least experienced team in de cup, and from what i've seen one of de worst playing teams. we have some players playing key roles(mind you doing so with plenty heart) that couldn't storm most other WC qualifiers training facilities. I hoping to do well at de cup too, but we have to hush we mouth and just do it. We gettin better under Beenie fuh real, but we still ent even beat mexico, costa rica or us in a game that meant something to each of de teams. Dat translates into; when dey need to beat we dey do. So let we bite we tongue fuh right now until we earn we stripes and then casually ask Arena to hull he mudda so and so!!!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 01:04:44 AM by Fantastic »
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2005, 05:17:08 AM »
England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson is anxious to avoid Australia in tonight’s draw for next summer’s World Cup.
The rivalry between the two nations is no secret, with Eriksson’s side humbled 3-1 in a friendly at Upton Park in 2003.

"They are desperate to beat England in a big tournament, which is why I don’t want to play them," said Eriksson. "But there is a wider aspect to Australia.

"There is a sporting rivalry between the two countries. What I saw during the summer in the cricket was amazing."

He added: "If I had known all about the rivalry, I would never have played that friendly against them.

"It was far from a friendly game. They wanted to beat us - and they did."

Ah wonder if Eriksson frade to meet Arena and USA!

1]; } ?>