April 25, 2024, 02:37:17 PM

Author Topic: SW.net / WN.com guidlines, recomendations to the TTFF  (Read 2223 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SW.net / WN.com guidlines, recomendations to the TTFF
« on: June 28, 2006, 09:39:20 AM »
My Fellow Forumites,

In our capacity as the largest football fan base in the country, I think it is imperitive on us that we , given the collective skills that we have , put together a plan/ action points that should act as guidelines for the TTFF to ensure sustainability of the sport. These plans are by no means to interfere with the Technical Directors plan for development of the sport, but to act as adons.

I will list some points for us to consider and discuss, and if you have additional points please indicate. It is planned that the views expressed here will be compiled and further debated here before a final draft document is produced to be presented to the Federation. Time Line is 3 to 4 months .

LEAGUES

There are different leagues that are run in the country. ( BANK League, SSFL, Pro League, Indoor League, etc etc etc ). We should seek to have the TTFF mandate a structure for these leagues. By Structure, consider the following:

• Must Have Board of Directors
  • Must detail Amount of games to be players
  • Must Details Amount of teams
  • Availibility of medical staff
  • Officiating by TTFF sanctioned personel

*Note well this by no means complete the list for things to be considered for running leagues*

It is important that ALL leagues be run professionally, with guidelines from the TTFF. Ensuring that there is structure in this regard will have some trickle down effect to players and officials and foster an all round professional environment.

COACHING SCHOOLS AND FOOTBALL CAMPS

If we are to develop the country's own "style" of play, it means that an overall structure should be communicated to the various camps and schools through out the country.

All football academys should follow a basic frame work of coaching which fits within the wider National frame work.  Ofcourse each coach will have their own style, that is expected, BUT, they shouls follow a barebones structure for their school which more of less mimics the national structure. they can ofcourse have adons to it.

What is important here is that players both men and women can without  major issues be pulled from ANY sphere within the country and placed within a national program. Having an Overall guideline for Football Academy will ensure a relativly small learning curve for players.

COACHING STANDARDS

The TTFF should mandate that inorder for Any one to be a coach of any School, Academy or professional outfit, they should have attained acceptable levels of coaching certification. Typical Guides can be

Football Academy
                Children 5 - 14    -   Certification / Classification
                Children 15 - 20  -   Cert...

Secondary Schools
          -    Classification

Again these are just preliminary thoughts and suggestions ..

What say you guys?. We all have the ability to effect change, lets act on it !

oconnorg
Regional Head - T&T
The Warrior Nation
www.thewarriornation.com

www.socawarriors.net

« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:47:05 AM by oconnorg »
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: SW.net / WN.com guidlines, recomendations to the TTFF
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:53:59 AM »
nice ..nice...jus one thing...have u checked that thes ehtings arent in effect or some of the sugegstions arent in effect or on the books at ttff? maybe they are already  stipulated but jus not enforced. i jus mention it because if w egoing to thme witht hese good suggetsions ..it will pay if thye think we did our research. they might pay more than lip service to the suggetions
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 09:59:07 AM »
nice ..nice...jus one thing...have u checked that thes ehtings arent in effect or some of the sugegstions arent in effect or on the books at ttff? maybe they are already  stipulated but jus not enforced. i jus mention it because if w egoing to thme witht hese good suggetsions ..it will pay if thye think we did our research. they might pay more than lip service to the suggetions

I considered this... If this is the case then we must insist that they start Enforcing it ...  Either way constructive work would have been done.!

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 10:26:44 AM »
With regards to the Leauges Oconnor, Marketing is very important, all systems could be put in place for the football to happen and if the public is not aware then there isn't going to be any physical neither monetary support from the general public
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 10:35:31 AM »
With regards to the Leauges Oconnor, Marketing is very important, all systems could be put in place for the football to happen and if the public is not aware then there isn't going to be any physical neither monetary support from the general public

That is very true.. Marketing is an integral component in all leagues.. I am not sure tho that the TTFF can ever dictate how a league is to be marketed.. Perhaps they can assist in getting extra sponsors to aid in marketing drives?. Other than that I am not sure they can really have much of a say in How a league is to be marketed.!

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 10:54:27 AM »

That is very true.. Marketing is an integral component in all leagues.. I am not sure tho that the TTFF can ever dictate how a league is to be marketed.. Perhaps they can assist in getting extra sponsors to aid in marketing drives?. Other than that I am not sure they can really have much of a say in How a league is to be marketed.!

Agreed. Marketing is very important... more sponsers... more prizes, more cultural acts and local stars...

There should be a weekly show overviewing the Pro League teams and fixtures...

More TV air time will do the league well I think...

We should have more big sponsers come in and try to support the Club Team managers in maybe making some big time signings...

Bring in some big players... As much as I dislike MLS... I will say that they are a good example...

They brought in Pele, George Best, Beckembaur...etc... Of course we dont have the kind of hollywood attraction that they have, yet, still im sure we have enough to offer, and once the price tab itself is right, we can bring down some key players to roll in bigger crowds...

Look at the Australian league too... Common lets get this ball rolling...

Occoner I like the way your moving with this... T&T Pro League is lacking alot of structure and overall attention... this is a good step in the right direction.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 12:20:39 PM »
any of this ever came to fruition?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile