April 19, 2024, 05:12:30 AM

Author Topic: Warner unhappy with Warriors’ rewards  (Read 6587 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Warner unhappy with Warriors’ rewards
« on: June 27, 2006, 06:34:07 PM »
Warner unhappy with Warriors’ rewards
RIA TAITT (Newsday)

Tuesday, June 27 2006

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner claimed yesterday to have been badly treated by this Government. This, notwithstanding Prime Minister Patrick Manning’s public acknowledgement of his contribution at Saturday’s gala held in honour of the Soca Warriors at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Warner, who received no reward for the effort he put into the Soca Warriors, said however that he could understand why he was marginalised.

“I have no problem with that. If I had been treated otherwise, I would have gotten a heart attack and I don’t want to die now,” said Warner, who is deputy political leader of the UNC.

However, Warner stated he was “deeply concerned” that Silvio Spann as well as other members of the team who worked with the Soca Warriors, had to sit at the function and listen to the “slight,” as no mention was made of them and their contribution.

On the reward given to the Soca Warriors, Warner said Government should also have named a park, or street after the Soca Warriors.

“There should have been some legacy for the guys,” he said, adding that it seemed that not enough planning and thought went into the decision on what the footballers should have received.

“It appeared to be a rush situation,” he said.

Warner said Government’s record and performance in sport had been in consistent. “Nothing at the beginning, but they jump in at the end,” he said. He recalled that one year ago “when things were really bad,” he asked Kenny De Silva to accompany him to see Culture Minister Joan Yuille-Williams.

He said he begged Yuille-Williams for support for the team and even offered to commit the Soca Warriors to be part of the PNM’s 50th anniversary celebrations in exchange for this assistance. “I said to her ‘I would do anything, just help me with the team’,” Warner recalled, adding that he argued that the presence of the Soca Warriors at the function would have lifted the morale of the youth.

Warner said he chose to go to Yuille-Williams (and not Sports Minister Roger Boynes, who had “demonstrated an incapacity” to do anything in this regard), because everyone said she was “just a heartbeat away from the Prime Minister.”

Warner said he left Yuille-Williams’ office a disappointed man. “She laughed at my proposal. But now the same Yuille-Williams is offering assistance,” he said.

“They (the Government) are concerned about the fame and not the game. And the two are not necessarily at variance,” he remarked.

Offline guerrier rouge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner unhappy with Warriors’ rewards
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 07:05:36 PM »
 Obviously the govt is doing some sort of slyding tackle here .they should be given a couple of red cards , .eventually they will take or try to take all the credit for the teams achievements. and yes the rewards were paltry compared to the representation and efforts they made for the country. :devil:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 08:51:38 PM »
Ahhhh boy Jackula finally come out de coffin...wings open,, fangs extended...he say de money too  small sen some more for sacrifice  ;)

Lestat warner on ah rampage

Ting now start
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 10:06:47 PM »
No amount of money can repay what the soca warriors did for TNT. The reward could never be enough but the gov't did well. Let Jack shut up if the gov't step up he will have to find another train to rob.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 11:54:40 PM »
yuh ever hear that Jack  happy with whatever the government does? ah mean yuh go sleep with the devil man (former P.m yuh take to W.C) allyuh eh expect JW to come back and endorse the  government gesture. Some people never happy ; they only feel that if they are the ones  pulling and dispensing all the purse strings, then all is right in paradise.

Come nah it have real money that pass through hands and gone in people pocket  but who  making fuss right JW?

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 05:46:39 AM »
yuh ever hear that Jack  happy with whatever the government does? ah mean yuh go sleep with the devil man (former P.m yuh take to W.C) allyuh eh expect JW to come back and endorse the  government gesture. Some people never happy ; they only feel that if they are the ones  pulling and dispensing all the purse strings, then all is right in paradise.

Come nah it have real money that pass through hands and gone in people pocket  but who  making fuss right JW?

He also claims nothing has been named after the Warriors, but wasn't the fast ferry renamed the Warrior Spirit in their honour?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 05:54:43 AM »
Warner always brining politics into football and that is de main problem, when he get on so ent de government will give him a hard time for spite, he should shut he dam mouth and just focus on his job and not worry what tom, dick and harry doing and keep reminding everybody what he do, if he heart so much for T&T football, why de ass he always comparing and reminding others what he do. Tell Jack take some of de FIFA money what he pocket from de world cup and world cup tickets and pay his staff.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rijsbergen takes over Warriors.
Zaid Mohammed (Newsday).

Wim Rijsbergen will take over as coach of the Trinidad and Tobago football team from fellow Dutchman Leo Beenhakker. This was revealed yesterday by Jack Warner, Special Advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation during a radio interview on Power 102 FM.
Warner, who returned the night before from Germany said that an arrangement is being made to have Rijsbergen coach the team for the next two years.
During that period Beenhakker will make periodic visits to Trinidad and Tobago to assess the progress of the team before taking over for the next two years leading up to the 2010 World Cup Finals in South Africa.
“This is the broad outline of what we have discussed and he has agreed,” said Warner.
However the Dutchman has expressed some concern about the level of crime in Trinidad and Tobago but Warner said that he has allayed the coach’s fears.
“I told him that through football we will reduce the crime in Trinidad and Tobago and that he has a major part to play in this regard,” said Warner.
Beenhakker, who coached the Netherlands at the 1990 Finals in Italy was offered an extension of his contract by Warner before the Soca Warriors’ final Group “B” match at the the World Cup in Germany. However he declined to give an answer and asked for some time to consider the offer.
Rijsbergen has been an understudy to Beenhakker since he took over last year from Bertille St Clair when Trinidad and Tobago were struggling to qualify in the CONCACAF Zone for the World Cup.
It was widely expected that Corneal would have been handed the job but with the new arrangement the Trinidadian will have to wait longer for his opportunity.
It is also unclear who will continue to pay the coaching staff as Warner has stated his intention to sever his financial link with the team having spent more than $17 million of his personal fortune to take Trinidad and Tobago to Germany.
Yesterday Warner told “Gladiator” Ricardo Welch on his popular morning programme that he was at first disappointed at not being awarded the Chaconia Gold medal along with the team last Saturday by Prime Minister Patrick Manning.
And he heaped scorn on the PM”s invitation to join a committee to plan a programme to ensure the Soca Warriors qualify for the next World Cup Finals.
“From my experience nothing comes out of any Government initiative,” said Warner.
He said that the members of the team were not satisfied with the rewards they received from Government after their creditable showing at their first World Cup.
Warner said that several players complained to him about the million dollar packages announced by Manning at a big rally at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.
“They were led to believe that they would gets houses and cars,” said Warner.
“CL Financial had given Cyd Gray and Aurtis Whitley houses as gifts for their services so the players felt that Government could not do worse,” said Warner.
But he said he advised the footballers not to make their complaints public.
Warner said the Soca Warriors had probably added about $50 million to the local economy through their participation in the World Cup Finals.
“It is a conservative estimate whether it is in hotels, airlines and of course vendors and employment, direct or indirect,” said Warner.
He said that the Soca Warriors had also contributed socially and spiritually to the upliftment of Trinidad and Tobago in ways that cannot be measured.
“They have given the people a sense of hope and when you look at the positives, I am desperate that 2010 should start properly and I will assist in any way to help us since we are linked to Africa,” said Warner.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
They were led to believe that they would gets houses and cars,” said Warner.
“CL Financial had given Cyd Gray and Aurtis Whitley houses as gifts for their services so the players felt that Government could not do worse,” said Warner.
But he said he advised the footballers not to make their complaints public.

So wha you just went and do dey??? Steups.....Politics is a hell of a ting oui!!
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

TrinInfinite

warner dismiss jamaica, rf prob crying right now, or commit suicide bc of JW remarks :devil:

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

i am very happy to know that the continuety is safe right now!
the oncoming four years are gonna be great!
imagine the traininggames!
everybody wants to play against t&t
there is a very professional staff
calling wim rijsbergen a understudy is a very strange,because he is a very experienced coach.
and in combination with the mean been its great
this assures t&t for 4 years of pure football
no side effects

NOW T&T ARE GONNA MAKE GREAT LEAPS FORWARDS

jamaica is put behind a long way

i am really happy now

and proud that t&t has taken these coaches for another 4 year walk to the next worldcup

IMAGINE WHAT COULD HAPPEN!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Houses are cars?

politics and more politics with a touch of third world thinking!!

trinidad will never change!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

MickeyRat

Doh worry with Jack, Bas tell him to say that.
Jackass.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jackass.

How you know Bass tell him say that ? like yuh was they. Is de PNM who in power not Bass - yuh ass. De man retire, he is no more de PM, he might get lock up soon and allyuh still talking shit. What Manning and Boynes doing for we sports ? tell me, like Bass tell them not to support too.

MickeyRat

Jackass.

How you know Bass tell him say that ? like yuh was they. Is de PNM who in power not Bass - yuh ass. De man retire, he is no more de PM, he might get lock up soon and allyuh still talking shit. What Manning and Boynes doing for we sports ? tell me, like Bass tell them not to support too.

Ah was going to cuss, but ah decide to behave myself today. 

MickeyRat

Jackass.

ah forget, you know bout "lock-up"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Like yuh smell de rat. Good move, because yuh could cuss, fart, shit, belch, spit, cry, bawl - it eh go do me one fack ! allyuh to blasted bad minded, that is why de country is run like it is today. Dont matter how bad de PNM doing yuh will turn a blind eye. Bass gone long time boy and he not coming back.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:19:56 AM by Flex »

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
What nonsense I hearing boy.  The players not happy with de million dollar package.  Well if dey doh want it I GO TAKE IT.....SHIT MAN!!!  People does find anything to complain about yes.  Most of dem boys playing pro abroad.  Let de damn money sit in Unit Trust for ah while nah dread, and let it grow...Then worry about house and car!!!

If dey had given them house...they woulda complain that they eh like where it located....like if house could just appear and disappear wherever dey choose.......LAWD!!!!!

TrinInfinite

Like yuh smell de rat. Good move, because yuh could cuss, fart, shit, belch, spit, cry, bawl - it eh go do me one fack ! allyuh to blasted bad minded, that is why de country is run like it is today. Dont matter how bad de PNM doing yuh will turn a blind eye. Bass gone long time boy and he not coming back.

bredda diz good talk, las time i check patrick manning was in power, why de hell people callin bass name and unc, is pnm in power not unc, focus on the govt who is at the helm, avoiding the current govt juss shows how bias people are...

MickeyRat

If the players were unhappy, someone (Dwight or Shaka) would of said something by now.  Owe he advise them not to make any public compliants-bull shit.  Jack (UNC) only trying to undermine the government again.  PMN would never do right in their (Jack's) eyes.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:29:28 AM by De Rat »

Offline essexgirl22

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2006, 08:26:09 AM »
POOR POOR....NO BODY LOVES ME JACK........ HE REALLY HAS A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER, NO LET ME REPHRASE THAT HE HAS A BOULDER ON HIS SHOULDER.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If the players were unhappy, someone (Dwight or Shaka) would of said something by now.

Shaka and Dwight would have not said anything, if you notice they stay away from politics, besides, Jack is everyones mouth piece, Jack said it in his own words, see article above, he saying shit and then bawiling he tell de players to stay clean, but yet he putting them in de spotlight.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
What nonsense I hearing boy. The players not happy with de million dollar package. Well if dey doh want it I GO TAKE IT.....SHIT MAN!!! People does find anything to complain about yes. Most of dem boys playing pro abroad. Let de damn money sit in Unit Trust for ah while nah dread, and let it grow...Then worry about house and car!!!

If dey had given them house...they woulda complain that they eh like where it located....like if house could just appear and disappear wherever dey choose.......LAWD!!!!!

I agree is like dey cyar please nobody. All d millions of taxpayer dollars that going to the team. The gov't hadda give but also have to give responsibly and think about the rest of the country's needs too.

I would ah swear dey playing for dey country and not no monetary funds. Anything they get should be gravy, this kinda disappointnig to hear.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
What nonsense I hearing boy. The players not happy with de million dollar package. Well if dey doh want it I GO TAKE IT.....SHIT MAN!!! People does find anything to complain about yes. Most of dem boys playing pro abroad. Let de damn money sit in Unit Trust for ah while nah dread, and let it grow...Then worry about house and car!!!

I agree is like dey cyar please nobody. All d millions of taxpayer dollars that going to the team. The gov't hadda give but also have to give responsibly and think about the rest of the country's needs too.

I would ah swear dey playing for dey country and not no monetary funds. Anything they get should be gravy, this kinda disappointnig to hear.

dis eh no amateur ting - dese are professional footballers. dey must play for $$.

like only togo playing for dey country.  :rotfl:

MickeyRat

If the players were unhappy, someone (Dwight or Shaka) would of said something by now.

Shaka and Dwight would have not said anything, if you notice they stay away from politics, besides, Jack is everyones mouth piece, Jack said it in his own words, see article above, he saying shit and then bawiling he tell de players to stay clean, but yet he putting them in de spotlight.

Since when Shaka and Dwight known for keeping their mouths shut? (on Jacks' advice) ..yeah right.  When it comes to money or any type of compensation, players would talk.

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner said that several players complained to him about the million dollar packages announced by Manning at a big rally at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

Jacko on the loose again. Yorke mudder, Cyd Gray mudder, and Spann have PUBLILICLY said that they are happy. The mudders couldn't have said anything if the sons were not happy. The only one who said anything about a house was Anthony Wolfe. Is he the 'several players'?

Warner has a problem. If the gov't initiative goes through he is going to have less opportunity to run racket. That's all there is to it. I smell a political rat.  

Also, Yorke's mom asked a very interesting question..."What is the TTFF going to give these players?"
Remember that money was just from the gov't.   
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:37:28 AM by trinfax »

MickeyRat

Jacko on the loose again. Yorke mudder, Cyd Gray mudder, and Spann have PUBLILICLY said that they are happy. The mudders couldn't have said anything if the sons were not happy. The only one who said anything about a house was Anthony Wolfe. Is he the 'several players'?

Warner has a problem. If the gov't initiative goes through he is going to have less opportunity to run racket. That's all there is to it. I smell a political rat.   

Again, this is VERY political.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Since when Shaka and Dwight known for keeping their mouths shut? (on Jacks' advice) ..yeah right.  When it comes to money or any type of compensation, players would talk.

If yuh have nothing to say boss, whistle nah, because yuh talking double bullshit. Shaka and Dwight will never discuss this matter even if they was unhappy. Is Jack blowing this out of proportion and making de players look bad, or most of them, and if de players unhappy, then to hell with them too. De 16 players who didn't make de side get money to, but nah, allyuh foocking greedy.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:42:08 AM by Sam »

MickeyRat

Since when Shaka and Dwight known for keeping their mouths shut? (on Jacks' advice) ..yeah right.  When it comes to money or any type of compensation, players would talk.

If yuh have nothing to say boss, whistle nah, because yuh talking double bullshit. Shaka and Dwight will never discuss this matter even if they was unhappy. Is Jack blowing this out of proportion and making de players look bad, or most of them, and if de players unhappy, then to hell with them too.

Ass, doh change it up now.  Who was representing the players in England during the first phase of planning their compensation..is Dwight and Shaka yuh asshole.  Of course they would speak up if the team was unhappy.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
come nah man............de PNM/UNC talk not necessary!!

and "de rat"........how basdeo come in this? steups!!

we warriors work so hard to make us proud and we still talking UNC and PNM.

GOPIO gave Jack Warner an award last night and de first the presenter of the award will look to say is de Govt this and de govt that!!

Give de f*cking man de award and shut yuh f*ckikng mouth!!

He cheapen the whole ting

so please fellas, let us not cheapen the vibes!!

ah love it!!

nb: if de players were not happy, they would have made a unified comment!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

1]; } ?>