June 10, 2024, 03:19:29 AM

Author Topic: Sadly, I knew that the Soca Warriors Honors would turn into a bacchanal  (Read 6919 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
What I don't understand is that the Warriors got US$1,636,357 (10 Million plus TTD!!) split amongst 55 players as a qualifying bonus.

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=10682.0

Then another $6million SWISS FRANCS (30 million plus TTD!! ) to be shared among the 24 players for the three qualifying games.

Then this ADDITIONAL reward from the government and men still complaining men ain't get reward enough.   :rotfl: :rotfl: Trini sweet yes, and men wanna complain about lack of infrastructure, lack of this, lack of that in tnt  and taxes going up, etc etc  :-\ I now see why politicians worldwide capitalise on football successes, ppl does real get carried away and forget we have to live after !!

Ah the real question at last ! What did the TTFF pay the players?

Jack said the players were getting 30% of the money they received from FIFA for the qualification.
Then the Gov't handed over another 30 plus million for preparation.
Up to now I have not heard what the players received from TTFF.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What I don't understand is that the Warriors got US$1,636,357 (10 Million plus TTD!!) split amongst 55 players as a qualifying bonus.

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=10682.0

Then another $6million SWISS FRANCS (30 million plus TTD!! ) to be shared among the 24 players for the three qualifying games.

Then this ADDITIONAL reward from the government and men still complaining men ain't get reward enough.   :rotfl: :rotfl: Trini sweet yes, and men wanna complain about lack of infrastructure, lack of this, lack of that in tnt  and taxes going up, etc etc  :-\ I now see why politicians worldwide capitalise on football successes, ppl does real get carried away and forget we have to live after !!

Ah the real question at last ! What did the TTFF pay the players?

Jack said the players were getting 30% of the money they received from FIFA for the qualification.
Then the Gov't handed over another 30 plus million for preparation.
Up to now I have not heard what the players received from TTFF.

And we might never hear about it.  When Camps and Jack split up that money between deyself, it wouldn't have enough to buy ah roti.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TNT is baccahanal country. If we ignore the politicians and the radio talk show host TNT will be the best country on earth.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
I find it have too much negativity that kinda spoiling the vibes we had going....it was really something to see people supporting our country whole heartedly.

I knew we had to come back down to earth but damn why it had to be so fast with all this.

What if they had announced the monetary awards before the WC and then given them the national awards after?
Would there be less bacchanal   :-\

Over the next 2-3 years I more interested in the youth teams than the senior team...hopefully Wim does a little more with them than Leo did considering it would be part of the 2010 effort.

What could the WN and SW.net do to honor the players (in addition to everything done over the years  ;D)
Maybe we could design some kinda commemorative something that stays on the website.  And we could keep in mind the testimonial matches they say coming up.  We could present something to the players (special edition something).
Maybe even present something to the players families (since we family oriented)

1]; } ?>