April 25, 2024, 01:50:41 PM

Author Topic: Jason Scotland for Brighton.  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Jason Scotland for Brighton.
« on: June 29, 2006, 05:19:21 AM »
Jason Scotland for Brighton.
By Bob Gear.
[/size]

Mark McGhee is known to be chasing 2 strikers currently. One of them is thought to be Trinidad & Tobago forward Jason Scotland. Scotland scored 15 goals in 35 games for St Johnstone, as they finished second in the Scottish First Division resulting in a call-up to play for Trinidad & Tobago in the World Cup Finals.
Meanwhile, Port Vale's Chris Birchall is reportedly a target for Portman Road boss Jim Magilton
The 22-year-old midfielder impressed many observers with his displays for Trinidad & Tobago in the World Cup and Ipswich are set to make a £150,000 according to reports on Sunday. Birchall has been with League One Port Vale for the whole of his career to date, notching up 91 appearances to date.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Jason Scotland for Brighton.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 06:17:22 AM »
In my opinion, they should both move!

Chris is not a premeirship player, not even a premiership squad player, so it would do him a world of good to get into the championship and improve on his skillz.

As for the money, i think it is fair compensation, i could be wrong, but it is just my opinion. 

Chris is not a special player, he might be in a few years but right now he isnt.  He has the worst first touch of all our midfield players and is not a good passer of the ball.

What he adds to the side is something that most Trinidadian players dont have.......a tireless spirit. We need that in our midfield.  This quality is very common in England so unless he improves the other aspects of his game he will remain a league one player.

He has a chance to play at a higher level and i believe he should take it.

And as for the transfer fee........before he played for trinidad, what was his worth to port vale?

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 03:45:14 PM »
I rate him a little higher than that man.
His first touch lil heavy but his tackling and shooting are assets. His crossing is also solid.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 03:54:28 PM »

Chris is not a premeirship player, not even a premiership squad player, so it would do him a world of good to get into the championship and improve on his skillz.

As for the money, i think it is fair compensation, i could be wrong, but it is just my opinion. 

Chris is not a special player, he might be in a few years but right now he isnt.  He has the worst first touch of all our midfield players and is not a good passer of the ball.

What he adds to the side is something that most Trinidadian players dont have.......a tireless spirit. We need that in our midfield.  This quality is very common in England so unless he improves the other aspects of his game he will remain a league one player.

And as for the transfer fee........before he played for trinidad, what was his worth to port vale?

ah love it!!

yuh bein' a lil harsh Andre...the man has good range on his long passes.....and although his  first touch is heavy at times.....let's be honest, Birchall's touch isn't worse than Theobald's or Whitleys, they too occasionally over push the ball etc..........he has a better shot than either of those two, and his work rate is better than theirs as well (you might say that's common for an Englishman, but I almost believe that he has good work rate even for an englishman, and I wouldn't discredit that value of his).....and he's younger than they are....so if yuh not rating him as a premiership potential, ah hope yuh not rating them up there either.......I agree he might not be premiership material as yet, and I agree that he should make moves into higher leagues......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 05:02:51 PM »
Those are not bad sides at all. That would be very good for them especially Soctland as I think that he carear will be able to grow from there.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 06:12:46 PM »
I find Whitley has a good touch.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 06:16:27 PM »
Those are not bad sides at all. That would be very good for them especially Soctland as I think that he carear will be able to grow from there.

Thank God they aint goin to Milton Keynes Dons aye bredda ;)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 06:22:43 PM »

Thank God they aint goin to Milton Keynes Dons aye bredda ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yeah Yeah  be like that. But at least we have a brand spanking New Stadium on the way.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 08:57:48 PM »

yuh bein' a lil harsh Andre...the man has good range on his long passes.....and although his  first touch is heavy at times.....let's be honest, Birchall's touch isn't worse than Theobald's or Whitleys, they too occasionally over push the ball etc..........he has a better shot than either of those two, and his work rate is better than theirs as well (you might say that's common for an Englishman, but I almost believe that he has good work rate even for an englishman, and I wouldn't discredit that value of his).....and he's younger than they are....so if yuh not rating him as a premiership potential, ah hope yuh not rating them up there either.......I agree he might not be premiership material as yet, and I agree that he should make moves into higher leagues......

kicker, i am only sounding harsh because i highlighted his faults.  He is a valuable addition to our squad, but i wanted to open a lot of people's eyes to what kind of player he really is.

i never said that he does not have premiership potential, i said that right now he is not premiership material.  I will not rate whitley and theobald as premiership material either.  Whitley has a better touch (maybe because i have seen alot of whitley), but his consistency is not there as yet.

I will be one of the first people to say that we need birchall in our team because of his work rate. 

Birchall has the best shot of all our players, and his 3 international goals are a true testimony to that.

I only hope that he moves on and plays at a higer level and continues to develop.  Once this takes place, trinidad and tobago will continue to be in good hands.

ah love it!!

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 09:08:04 PM »
Birchall is a winger with his club Port Vale. I think Beenie used him in central midfield because he displayed the understanding, industry and discipline that was badly needed for that role. If it says anything, it's that he is a team player. To sacrifice his attacking side for the "unsung hero" role, also shows his versatility and also raises his value in the eyes of the coach.

Way to go Me Mum!!!!!! :beermug:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 09:31:22 PM »

ah love it!!

did you just make a coparison and mention Whitley in the same sentence with Theobald???
yuh owe Autis an apology for that!!!

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 11:22:05 PM »
wham andre is jason from composite ah kicking ball in the states ras on ah lil schol.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 05:30:19 AM »
wham andre is jason from composite ah kicking ball in the states ras on ah lil schol.

jason who??

ah really cyar remember.  Providence?

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 12:35:47 PM »
Chris should wait on a better offer that transfer fee too small but Jason should move to  Brighton  they are not a bad club

1]; } ?>