April 22, 2024, 04:30:05 PM

Author Topic: Ince: Warriors not appreciated enough  (Read 8100 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ince: Warriors not appreciated enough
« on: June 28, 2006, 08:10:52 PM »
Ince: Warriors not appreciated enough
Julien Neaves jneaves@trinidadexpress.com

Soca Warriors goalkeeper Clayton Ince says the $30 million reward and Chaconia Gold Medals to the team by the Government on Saturday fell short of the real appreciation of the country.
He was speaking to the Express following a ceremony held at the Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force Headquarters at Airways Road, Chaguaramas, to honour former members of the TTDF who were part of this country's 2006 World Cup team.
Ince, who served in the Defence Force from 1995 to 1999, described the reward as a recognition of the team's performance, but noted that the public voice had expressed the view that they had not been appreciated enough.
He added that special advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF,) Jack Warner, had been "giving out of his pocket" for years and the Government's reward had not matched the association's support "correctly".
He noted that the level of appreciation showed how much the Government felt the footballers were worth, and that this was their choice.
However, he said the fact that the country and the TTFF thought "higher" of the team should be an indication to the Government that they "need to do something more to appreciate the players".
Ince, however, did not suggest what else should be done for the national team.
"I'm not getting into politics, I'm a footballer and I just want to play my sport," he said.
Ince said a certain standard had been set by the Soca Warriors, which the country should not let slip, but must be maintain and improve for the 2010 World Cup.
He noted that the players now know what it is like to play on the "big stage" and have returned to this country to show the youngsters that football was not just "fun and games" and they should aim to play at the highest level.
Other members of the team who were honoured but were absent were Dennis Lawrence, who served in the TTDF from 1996 to 2001, Carlos Edwards, enlisted from 1998 to 2000, and Jason Scotland, who served from 1998 to 2003.
Members of the team's technical staff and current TTDF members, Warrant Officer Class Two Wayne Lawson, Cpls Esmond O'Brien and Zepheranius Nicholas were also honoured at the ceremony.
Acting Chief of Defence Staff Colonel Edmond Dillon said although in "battle," sometimes only the front line soldiers were recognised, those in the background needed to be appreciated. The team's technical staff, he added, had contributed sincerely to the 2006 World Cup effort.
He said the TTDF had contributed through the Soca Warriors members who had their foundation as members of the Defence Force football team. Dillon noted that he saw the military discipline and confidence in the former TTDF members and expressed his hope that the younger Defence Force players would emulate and surpass the Soca Warriors.
Dillon said part of the Defence Force mission was the contribution to national development and he noted this has also been done in the field of culture through the TTDF Steel Orchestra, which performed as part of the T&T cultural delegation in Germany.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 02:50:33 AM by Flex »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: Ince: Warriors not appreciated enough
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 08:22:41 PM »
The grace period has passed and the elation has subsided. What is the reality that has set in? While I felt and continue to feel immense pride in our battling performances, It also was quite obvious to me that we were over matched. Now to compensation. What a laugh :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Like some men was just hoping to get "golden parachutes" ??? ??? That in itself is a sad commentary on our their mindset! :(
Live large and prosper!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 08:28:09 PM »
Funny : like what do  some men want? is not like this is anation with an endless pit of economic resources!!!!

What if the country had said that Ince yuh eh do enough? Ince when yuh walk out on the team, we ought to deduct  some ah yuh prize money?

"Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country" (J.F.K.)

now take yuh prize money hush yuh arse and go concentrate on yuh game so that yuh go be on top of yuh game fuh the next time yuh country come calling!!!!!! I would be real please if ah sit and warm ah bench; no pressure fuh meh and ah govenment turn around and give meh that kinda cash; Man yuh lucky yuh get paid fuh representing yuh country; Yuh should do that for free!!! yuh should give back tuh yuh country all that it has done to  provide yuh with ah living!!!!

Ah wonder if some men like Ince  ever stop to think how the ordinary fan invest and spend they hard earn money to come and support them? Is that same  money that coming back tuh him and now he making statements like that. Man hush yuh arse!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:34:54 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 08:28:43 PM »
I suspect that no matter what, a comment like " Warriors not appreciated enough" is inevitable.

Yuh jus cyar please everybody and an inherent problem with a 'bonus or thank you' is that some will feel it was never enough.

Human nature
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 08:41:50 PM »
No matter whats done will it ever be enough. Not unless you put nothing but your full love goodwill for the cause.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 08:43:58 PM »
Why is it that the men who ent even play a minute in Germany are the ones making the most noise?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 08:46:14 PM »
I think the real issue isn't the compensation, but the type.
Really, men were expecting a house, and they "only" get a million dollars.

Doh mind that the house might have been worth less than what they actually got. The precedent is that "hero" athletes (b/c noboy else doh get nutten) get houses.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 08:59:22 PM »
If yuh eat ah food, and when yuh done yuh still real hungry,and somebody ask yuh how de food was ? wey yuh go say ? eh, nut it taste good boy buh ah cudda eat some more ....de man just talk he mind, he belly eh full yet !!!!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 09:10:39 PM »
alyuh forget that they wanted houses and cars!! lol.

Ince just magnified his stupidity in my book!!

i am very disappointed !!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 10:40:06 PM »
Did Hasley Crawford get a million dollars ?
Did Claude Noel get a million dollars ?
Did Leslie Stewart get a million dollars ?
Did Brain Lara get a million dollars ?
Did Ato Boldon get a million dollars ?
Did the World Champion netball team get a million dollars ?
Did Rodney Wilkes get a million dollars ?

Ince and Wolfe should concentrate on their game rather than their greed.

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 11:26:17 PM »
Let me telling  you something, disappointing does not start to describe how I feel about these comments made by Ince.

These fellas getting real outta hand. As I said before, I now see why these fellas aint get any further in the WC...instead playing proper ball after the 2nd match all dem start studying is what we going to get boi...I want a house, I want a big car and aint studying to put one lil goal in the freaking net.
Ince wipe the brench for 3 straight games and he talking about this nonesense?

Look let me stop now eh, because any further comments I make will not be good. Because with all the pride I feel for seeing the fellas play...some playinf d arse now >:(
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Trinidadians unite and respect each other!!!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 11:27:43 PM »
We should have taken Tony Warner instead

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 12:06:25 AM »
it go never be enough
if they did get land some ass would ah bawl well they should get a load ah sharp sand free
if they did get car a ass would ah bawl they should get a poon tip gas card free
if they did get house the ass would ah bawll well they should get a gift certificate by Courts

it go never be enough

Ms que un club.

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 12:28:10 AM »

What a shame....disgrace is a better word, especially from a man who has served as a member of our defense force.  Trust meh....he just put he foot in he mouth again.  I have absolutely no respect for Imps. 

No love for country!  Guess he is Jack's spokesperson now!

Luv

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 06:20:25 AM »
Ince was on TV6 this morning and said that he was not reported correctly. Somehow the reporter twisted his words, and didn't get the true meaning...nuff said.
maybe not everything in print is the truth,eh?

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 06:29:58 AM »
Ince was on TV6 this morning and said that he was not reported correctly. Somehow the reporter twisted his words, and didn't get the true meaning...nuff said.

I taught so..

I dont think Ince is so dumb to make a statement like that especially he went into the WC knowing very well that he was not getting a minute of playing time...

I would just take the million and run fast...
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 06:37:22 AM »
Everyting wit Imps is he misquoted.

When he did walk out on de team right after de Panama match before goin Mexico he was he wasn't quoted properly.

Now dis.

Reporters does frequently twist people words to "sensationalize" a story.  But if Jack Warner say it, Wolfe say it, and now Imps....eh eh....dat eh soundin like no "taken out of context" ting at all.  Some a dem players mus be did think dem was Lara after breakin yet a nex world record and was goin and get house up chancellor etc.

Imps.  De name says it all.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 06:47:47 AM »
I hope Ince never gets call up to play for my country again. Tony Warner should have gone to Germany instead of this prick.

Its amazing how de men who eh even play in de world cup hungry for money like Ince and Wolfe. They shameless.

No pride what so ever, de same reason he was dropped in the first place because he was crying for more money.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 10:52:06 AM »
All those who complaining that they didn't get enough should be considered persona non grata and all gifts should be taken away. Maybe then they would appreciate what was given. There are too many ingrates in T&T.  Bye the way, why hasn't Flex and Tallman been rewarded for their contribution?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 10:57:22 AM »

When he did walk out on de team right after de Panama match before goin Mexico he was he wasn't quoted properly.

Now dis.

Reporters does frequently twist people words to "sensationalize" a story.  But if Jack Warner say it, Wolfe say it, and now Imps....eh eh....dat eh soundin like no "taken out of context" ting at all.  Some a dem players mus be did think dem was Lara after breakin yet a nex world record and was goin and get house up chancellor etc.

Thank yuh!!! Monkey nah see dem own tail. Dey should ah get pay buy the time they play he would ah get ah $5.00 and ah bag a tolum.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 11:24:59 AM »
Thank yuh!!! Monkey nah see dem own tail. Dey should ah get pay buy the time they play he would ah get ah $5.00 and ah bag a tolum.

Excellent idea for our next World Cup campaign, then Imps will be forced to get his act together and stop expecting handouts for just warming bench!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 12:37:37 PM »
*steups*

Is about all I have to say with regards to Clayton Imps...

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 12:50:45 PM »

I taught so..

I dont think Ince is so dumb to make a statement like that especially he went into the WC knowing very well that he was not getting a minute of playing time...

I would just take the million and run fast...

:rotfl:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 12:52:54 PM »

Now dis.

He must be have ah plate in he mouth!  :rotfl:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 03:42:36 PM »
If Ince say that he was misquoted by the Press I will believe him because the press in TNT especially is the worst. They like to cause baccahnal
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 04:27:34 PM »
........ de same reason he was dropped in the first place because he was crying for more money.

I was thinking the same thing about Mr. Imps.  Professional ballers asking for more money after representing our country.  Cah please everybody.

Blessings.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline ffreturns

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 04:43:59 PM »
I am not surprised that everybody is not happy, this was a plan by the government to only deal with Yorke everybody should have had a imput on this issue why did Yorke get more than anybody else?Everybody should have gotton the same thing because Yorke did not play a bigger role than players like S John,R Latapy,C Edwards&M Andrews Yorke sell them boys out,  and to give him the same award as B Lara was just a slap in the false Yorke could never be in the same class as Lara.Once again the PNM party was up to they old tricks again.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2006, 06:09:46 PM »
I am not surprised that everybody is not happy, this was a plan by the government to only deal with Yorke everybody should have had a imput on this issue why did Yorke get more than anybody else?Everybody should have gotton the same thing because Yorke did not play a bigger role than players like S John,R Latapy,C Edwards&M Andrews Yorke sell them boys out,  and to give him the same award as B Lara was just a slap in the false Yorke could never be in the same class as Lara.Once again the PNM party was up to they old tricks again.

TATA ALERT!!! :bs: :bs: :bs: :loser:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2006, 06:36:04 PM »

TATA ALERT!!! :bs: :bs: :bs: :loser:

Hey everybody has their opinion

But that opinion was pure  :puking:

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2006, 06:58:27 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1]; } ?>