April 22, 2024, 11:30:18 PM

Author Topic: W.I. vs U.S.A. Brooklyn july 8 & 9  (Read 1585 times)

Offline johnny_ringo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
W.I. vs U.S.A. Brooklyn july 8 & 9
« on: June 29, 2006, 10:14:04 AM »
Allyuh hear it having ah WI vs USA in Floyd Bennet Field on July 8th & 9th. I hear Lara and all ah dem suppose to be there but then i hearing that it might be ah set up thing too with no real special players. What allyuh hear?

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: W.I. vs U.S.A. Brooklyn july 8 & 9
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 11:12:25 AM »
i hear that same shout..

was not sure of the dates... I going and start looking for tickets...
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

TrinInfinite

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 11:43:29 AM »
ah might have tuh make a trip down to dat game wit de crew :beermug:

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 12:45:04 PM »
www.Guardian.co.tt  :

Cricket organisers here say they are ready to host two grand, limited overs invitational matches next month, featuring Windies cricket stars.

The two matches, 50-over affairs scheduled for the Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, on July 8 and 9, are expected to showcase the talents of West Indies captain Brian Lara, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Shivnarine Chanderpaul and Chris Gayle.

Fast bowler Fidel Edwards, Corey Collymore, Darren Ganga, Dwayne Bravo, Dwayne Smith, Wavell Hinds, Dinesh Ramdin, and Rawl Lewis are also expected to be involved in the fixtures.

“The success of the two games will set the standard for future visits here of international teams and provide a splendid opportunity for cricket to fast-track its development,” said Orin Davidson, the Guyanese-born editor of the Brooklyn-based Cricket International newspaper.

“Apart from igniting an exposition of interest among fans, the two games should provide a litmus test in our ability to host top class international teams.”

Davidson said two “strong, competitive” United States team will oppose the Windies stars in both matches.

For the first match, Guyanese Steve Massiah will lead a US side comprising former Jamaica national player, Richard Staple, along with Guyanese national players, Lennox Crush and Kevin Darlington and former Windward Islands batsman, Kester Sylvester.

The second game will see a US side being led by Staple and including West Indies opening batsman, Devon Smith; former West Indies “B” cricketer, Sudesh Dhaniram, and Guyanese duo of Vishal Nagamootoo and Darlington. (CMC)

©2005-2006 Trinidad Publishing Company Limited

MickeyRat

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 12:55:42 PM »
It is my understanding both Bravo and Lara have to be in England following the final test.  Bravo joins his new county team, and Lara has endorsement commitments.
As for the other key players such, I doubt very much they will play (unless the money good).

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 01:23:51 PM »
ah might have tuh make a trip down to dat game wit de crew :beermug:

Make the trip nah... I know you like jumping on planes... is only an 8 hour drive
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 03:55:14 PM »
allyuh keep me posted on this game nah..i in boston and would like to make the trip down but i have no transport so i go see what i could do

1]; } ?>