March 28, 2024, 09:35:17 AM

Author Topic: DeSoWa Thank Yous!  (Read 5620 times)

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
DeSoWa Thank Yous!
« on: June 29, 2006, 05:23:27 PM »
Well ah back to the grind here in seattle, after having the time of my life in Germany. Now That I am settled...well sorta for the time being...I would like to thank all those who made this experience possible for me.

1. The Soca Warriors. Thank you to the entire squad for qualifying for the world cup which started it all. Also thank you guys for giving your all and proving to the world that we can hold our own amongst the so called big guns. I would never forget the feeling I had after the Bahrain game when we qualified, and when I thought nothing came replaced that feeling, up came the Sweden game. From the start there was a nice vibe and the feelng was great. But after the final whistle blow, that great feeling of pride and happiness came back again...ten fold! It's an experience I would never forget and can't really put into words. Thank You Soca Warriors once again. :applause:

2. SW.net and WN.com. After we qualified and I decided I wanted to go to Germany to show my support, I was a little unsure of what to do, and I needed to know if I was the only one was going to be there lol. But I found this site and from day one ah feel the excitement of hearing guys talk about going to Germany. Well that sealed it, knowing there was hundreds other trinis like me looking to make the trek to Germany for the experience of a lifetime. This site also gave me priceless inforamtion on how to get tickets, through FIFA lottery, which I was successful in getting 2 tickets. Also Being a WN member allowed me to get additional tickets for my host in Germany. I even got the phone # for TTFF on here, which was very vital in acquiring tickets for the ever so hard to get England game. Here I started to feel like part of an extended family and was looking forward to meeting posters in Germany. Thank you SW.net and WN.com for providing me with all the information I needed to make my trip a successful one. :notworthy:

3. My German Host. I am a very lucky person to get to opportunity to meet Voodoofoo, who is a poster on this site. Actually we first met right here, when he posted he had a room for tickets. I replied and offered him a ticket for 1 game (paraguay) and he accepted, and tell me I am welcome to stay at his place for my the entire 2 and a half weeks. I was like, wow someone in Germany is willing to host a trini free of charge for 2 wks for only 1 game ticket to a Trini game? It was unbelievalble, and very generous, so I decided to seek more tickets so he can see all 3 games with me, and thanks to this site I was successful in getting 2 tickets for all 3 games, plus and extra 1 for sweden which came in handy for one of his friends who offered to Drive us to the game from Frankfurt and back for the ticket. That's a 3hr drive one way, so I think that was a good deal. Fellas Voodoofoo turned out to be the best german host someone could ask for. Actaully ah think he more trini than german. He have a trini big flag and all the latest soca (originals I must add) cds in his collection he even knew the Soca twins and all the clubs in frankfurt where the played. So it was easy sailing for me. Thank you voodoofoo for having me at your place and being my personal tour guide in and around Frankfurt, you are a true Warrior!  :cheers:

4. Deutchland! The experience in Germany was beyond my wildest expectations. The people was nice, the atmosphere was great. The beer, the women, the sausages, the women, oh yeah and the fan fest. Thank you germany, and good luck against Argentina tomorrow. :wavetowel:

Big Up to all and I will post some pics as soon as I find a good place to store them.

Big Up!

DeSoWa.
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: DeSoWa Thank Yous!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 08:15:39 AM »
Yeah man DeSoWa... it was nice vibes.... nice meeting you and voodoofoo and de rest.... ah musbe see allyuh every day down by de river!!

I getting my pics from de tallman who coming into NY tonight.... so I go post dem up soon!!

The night with de "world cup trophy" was real kicks.... dem pictures was real funny!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 03:06:17 PM »
Yeah man, big up. I get real kicks when you was trying to get ah picture with you kissing the cup  ;D it was nuff wildness...ah have ah pic with the English man who fall in love with tallboy  :rotfl:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline voodoofoo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 01:34:15 AM »
Yeah Men!
Thank you for being here for a great fete!
I really liked the fan fest with the Trini spirit in it. Since you gone there is no comparison to it and almost no reason to go there, except dem chicas whop are still there waiting and asking for you... :devil:
The World Cup Trophy evening was great and I cant wait to see better pictures than mine  :o

DeSoWa, thank you for being such a great guest and supporting the german team, now there are just two more games to make the impossible come true...
It was the time of my life for me as a german Soca Warrior to support TnT in the stadium and around, and of course to see and meet all my favourite Soca Artists in Germany, this will be a milestone in my life!
I cant wait to come to carnival in TnT!
See you there! :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Greetings to all Warriors I met all around Germany!!!

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 11:53:14 AM »
Ok, here are a few pics from Dortmund....voodoofoo, wish Germany all the best today...will post the cup pics later

http://w64.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketstrip&featurename=DortmundWCsweden&pa=/h182/dexcellent/Germany_WC06/

« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 02:07:49 PM by DeSoWa »
Warrior Nation Member

1]; } ?>