April 22, 2024, 05:26:11 PM

Author Topic: stompy????  (Read 4400 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
stompy????
« on: June 29, 2006, 05:33:09 PM »
I was taking a look a the Paraguay match and when latas came in I could swear dat dem spanish Commentators was calling him Stompy!!!! I mean everytime he touch de ball dey was saying..stompy..stompy ..stompy ..stompy.. Like dat is de new spanish name for Latas or what??
also what ever happen to Brent Rahim??/ aint he supposed to be de next Latapy..
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
Re: stompy????
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 05:55:39 PM »
Brent Rahim?? He Cannot even carry Latas training boots :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
All American

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 06:06:02 PM »
Brent Rahim?? He Cannot even carry Latas training boots :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Actually that is what he was doing...they moved him from the midfield position :chilling:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 06:10:42 PM »

Actually that is what he was doing...they moved him from the midfield position :chilling:

All kix aside, would be nice to see who the next Latapy would be, he's been an incredible footballer in that AM position, long live that footballing genius, even at 37 he still has it, absolutely amazing.....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 06:26:03 PM »

All kix aside, would be nice to see who the next Latapy would be, he's been an incredible footballer in that AM position, long live that footballing genius, even at 37 he still has it, absolutely amazing.....

Has Argentina replaced Maradona ??
Has Brasil replaced Pele?? well maybe this one aint so good but you get my point.

Latapy can and never will be replaced.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 06:33:52 PM »

Has Brasil replaced Pele?? well maybe this one aint so good but you get my point.

I get your pt., a good one at that, but the two other nations you mention have had many a footballer come quite close (some may even say equal) to the two legends you have mentioned.  I, however, cannot think of any TT footballer in the same position who comes partially close to Rusell, maybe you will get my pt now rastaman, bless  ;D
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 06:37:51 PM »

I get your pt., a good one at that, but the two other nations you mention have had many a footballer come quite close (some may even say equal) to the two legends you have mentioned.  I, however, cannot think of any TT footballer in the same position who comes partially close to Rusell, maybe you will get my pt now rastaman, bless  ;D
Ahmmm   Actually I was agreeing with you.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 06:39:35 PM »
Stompy is Latapy nickname.... not to sure how it was created but it definetly based on size

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 06:40:21 PM »

seen, ah understand yuh even better now  ;D  bless, doh mean to beat ah dead horse but pity de man did not sweat more in Germany...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 06:57:05 PM »
Stompy is Latapy nickname.... not to sure how it was created but it definetly based on size

It might be a mispronounciation of 'stumpy'...

I think thats the name he became known under in Scotland
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 07:13:31 PM »

seen, ah understand yuh even better now  ;D  bless, doh mean to beat ah dead horse but pity de man did not sweat more in Germany...

It was not a pity it was a crying shame but say wah.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 07:35:57 PM »
Dwarika had the potential to be the next Latapy- Well we all know the story.

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 08:25:12 PM »
I was taking a look a the Paraguay match and when latas came in I could swear dat dem spanish Commentators was calling him Stompy!!!! I mean everytime he touch de ball dey was saying..stompy..stompy ..stompy ..stompy.. Like dat is de new spanish name for Latas or what??
also what ever happen to Brent Rahim??/ aint he supposed to be de next Latapy..
warmonga..

Yeah Warmonga...ah hear it too!!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 08:29:09 PM »

is nari's fault...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 09:08:32 PM »
Nah i know who problem it was or is which ever way you want to call it but that person is Angustura Lmt.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ;D ;D ;D ;D

is nari's fault...
All American

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 10:25:42 PM »
On fifa 06 for ps2, on the spanish language when yuh using TnT the comentators say the same ting...stompy!!  stompy!!

Offline ffreturns

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 12:21:31 AM »
B Rahim should have been on the WC team its a shame that Beenhacker droped our 2nd most creative player and then have our most creative player on the bench >:(

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 08:00:53 AM »
B Rahim should have been on the WC team its a shame that Beenhacker droped our 2nd most creative player and then have our most creative player on the bench >:(

Spoken like someone who has not seen Rahim play since 2002...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 08:04:27 AM »
Stompy is Latas nickname. Any player that played with him over the years call him that. I think since Youth level.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 07:40:03 PM »
no spideybuff i think he see wolfe play

1]; } ?>