April 27, 2024, 06:07:08 AM

Author Topic: T&T Under 18 Squad - Robbie Tournament - Toronto  (Read 9562 times)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
T&T Under 18 Squad - Robbie Tournament - Toronto
« on: June 30, 2006, 08:33:53 AM »
I copied this from the Toronto Lime Newsletter dated June 29th

This weekend at Lameroux Park (in Toronto) is the Annual Robbie Tournament and the T&T under 18 squad will be participating. The team includes a few players from the national youth team. So if you are a football fanatic, make sure you make it to Lameroux this weekend. For more info call 416.579.7328.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Under 18 Squad - Robbie Tournament - Toronto
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 08:40:57 AM »
we organise ot go already u coming.ol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 08:47:37 AM »
what times are the games?  The wife family coming to visit on Saturday.  Any thing on Sunday?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 10:03:43 AM »
How nobody knows about this?someone have to read this in a newspaper in Toronto.Why couldn't we read it in a T&T newspaper? this is a national team taking part in a tournament,are we ashamed or something and if they do well then everybody looking to jump on the bandwagon.

This is not good at all,the administration is leaving themselves open to all kind of verbal attacks,this is why players loose interest and drop off at some point because no one cares,when people care we witness the kind of results you get(Soca Warriors).

I'm very interested in know who are the players and Coach on that team.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 11:00:54 AM »
what times are the games?  The wife family coming to visit on Saturday.  Any thing on Sunday?

Yeah check dis link CB have de schedule somehwhere in dey

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=18308.0
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 11:23:53 AM »

Yeah check dis link CB have de schedule somehwhere in dey

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=18308.0

Found it .. thanks
 Here it is again for those who missed the original Posting

The team is called Trendsetter hawks

http://www.robbiesoccertournament.com/boys_u18.htm

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 11:29:33 AM »
How nobody knows about this?someone have to read this in a newspaper in Toronto.Why couldn't we read it in a T&T newspaper? this is a national team taking part in a tournament,are we ashamed or something and if they do well then everybody looking to jump on the bandwagon.

This is not good at all,the administration is leaving themselves open to all kind of verbal attacks,this is why players loose interest and drop off at some point because no one cares,when people care we witness the kind of results you get(Soca Warriors).

it is a club team
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 11:53:56 AM »

it is a club team
        Are there other international teams or are we playing against club teams ? is this preparation for the U20 World Cup?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 11:57:27 AM »
Are there other international teams or are we playing against club teams ? is this preparation for the U20 World Cup?

The Robbie is the canadian equivalent of the Dallas tournament.  One of the top tournaments of it's kind.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 12:04:58 PM »
Organic they Dyslexia cure a found for  :D
well yes

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 12:26:19 PM »

The Robbie is the canadian equivalent of the Dallas tournament.  One of the top tournaments of it's kind.
       Thanks Breds,if you all here anything more concerning how the team did etc etc keep us updated.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 12:30:34 PM »

;D ;D  :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 08:33:55 AM »
haul your tail  :Plol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2006, 08:34:59 AM »
ye si am going on sunday..grande man i thik also, think #8 mention he going, dragon also..chinne boy....will u be there

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2006, 06:22:48 PM »
my calgary trip get cancelled so i dere....what time all yuh going for.....

TrinInfinite

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2006, 06:38:28 PM »
i ent make it 2day, 2 morrow mornin we goin, bright and early :beermug:

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2006, 11:19:06 AM »
Here are the team's results after the first three games played on Saturday and Sunday morning - 2 wins and a tie.  The winner of the group advances to the SF today at 3:00 pm.  So if I read the rest of the results correctly, the Trendsetter Hawks should end up winning their group even thought there is one game left between East York and Erin Mills (the other games were all ties).

Grp.         Home Team                 Away Team                 Day   Time      Field      Score
C       9 - Erin Mills Eagles         v.   10 - Trendsetter Hawks   Sat   9:30       Hupfield      0 - 2
C      10 - Trendsetter Hawks    v.    11 - East York                Sat   1:15       Hupfield      0 - 0
C      10 - Trendsetter Hawks    v.    12 - Aurora Stingers       Sun   9:00      Hupfield      2 - 1

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2006, 04:36:19 PM »
they did well got knocked out in the semis 1-0. the hawks are here until the 18th of july taking part in several other tounaments.when thier tour is done i will post a "tour" thread  for them. they played very well and in every game they were the better team. however goals win matches. they had an intensive robbie tournament and their slight deficiences in fitness showed.  well done hawks. and all the ppl who came to support..besides the ubiqutious TI, DRAGON, GRANDEMAN, CHINNE BOI, AND WE EVEN TRINIMAN CAME OUT. NEXT WEEK THERE IS A ANOTHER SET OF MATCHES.WILL POST INFO AS IT COMES AVAILABLE.

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 04:44:10 PM »
they did well got knocked out in the semis 1-0. the hawks are here until the 18th of july taking part in several other tounaments.when thier tour is done i will post a "tour" thread for them. they played very well and in every game they were the better team. however goals win matches. they had an intensive robbie tournament and their slight deficiences in fitness showed. well done hawks. and all the ppl who came to support..besides the ubiqutious TI, DRAGON, GRANDEMAN, CHINNE BOI, AND WE EVEN TRINIMAN CAME OUT. NEXT WEEK THERE IS A ANOTHER SET OF MATCHES.WILL POST INFO AS IT COMES AVAILABLE.

I was there but I aint know who was who   next time....u know what tournaments they in? location?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 04:49:41 PM »
they did well got knocked out in the semis 1-0. the hawks are here until the 18th of july taking part in several other tounaments.when thier tour is done i will post a "tour" thread for them. they played very well and in every game they were the better team. however goals win matches. they had an intensive robbie tournament and their slight deficiences in fitness showed. well done hawks. and all the ppl who came to support..besides the ubiqutious TI, DRAGON, GRANDEMAN, CHINNE BOI, AND WE EVEN TRINIMAN CAME OUT. NEXT WEEK THERE IS A ANOTHER SET OF MATCHES.WILL POST INFO AS IT COMES AVAILABLE.

I was there but I aint know who was who   next time....u know what tournaments they in? location?
hey man we were the noisest set of ppl. lol. i will post the info during the week but i know they are playing the next set of games in markham.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2006, 05:08:39 PM »
well done trendsetter hawks

the youths played well, far better individual talent. Good to see all the T.O. crew: TI, organic, dragon, on de block, lickslikefire, triniman, chinee boi and de man who bought us beers but meh memory fails to remember his forum name  and it was a nice lime

Big up to chinee boi, dragon and Organic for showing up at meh house and tellin me that we reach the semis, get yuh arse dey  ;D

Big up to everybody ESP Organic for gettin to know the team and the coaching from de sidelines, dis man eh stop till de final whistle  :beermug:

looking fwd to the next games

EH ORGANIC UNOFFICIAL NAME IS "KANDI IN CANADA" (copyright licks)  :rotfl:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2006, 05:15:51 PM »
I must say the team is good   they were much better then glen shields but one penalty and the game change   hopefully it can go better at the other tournaments ahead

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2006, 05:19:27 PM »
I must say the team is good   they were much better then glen shields but one penalty and the game change   hopefully it can go better at the other tournaments ahead

next time we will link up breds

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2006, 05:27:02 PM »
Congrats to de Hawks.  Any individuals stand out on the Trendsetter Hawks team?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2006, 05:35:25 PM »
yes some there were 3 noteworthy individuals... esp number 8( not our very own lol).  will post a team pic with names during the week....number 8 has great potential. he has good control, vision and can really pass well. i know the guys willg et vex if i eh mention hwo he real dutty men all over he has alot of skill. but for me his work rate was th emost imrpressive aspect of his game. he literally ran all game all over.lost balls and fought back for possession. he even sustained a slight knock on his head but didnt want to come off took a tylenol and was back on running like a beast. he has the making of a good alaround player.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 05:56:19 PM by Organic »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2006, 06:07:49 PM »
yes some there were 3 noteworthy individuals... esp number 8( not our very own lol).  will post a team pic with names during the week....number 8 has great potential. he has good control, vision and can really pass well. i know the guys willg et vex if i eh mention hwo he real dutty men all over he has alot of skill. but for me his work rate was th emost imrpressive aspect of his game. he literally ran all game all over.lost balls and fought back for possession. he even sustained a slight knock on his head but didnt want to come off took a tylenol and was back on running like a beast. he has the making of a good alaround player.

i concur

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2006, 09:39:19 PM »

i concur

i concur X2  :rotfl:

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2006, 10:33:52 PM »
well done trendsetter hawks

the youths played well, far better individual talent. Good to see all the T.O. crew: TI, organic, dragon, on de block, lickslikefire, triniman, chinee boi and de man who bought us beers but meh memory fails to remember his forum name  and it was a nice lime

Big up to chinee boi, dragon and Organic for showing up at meh house and tellin me that we reach the semis, get yuh arse dey  ;D

Big up to everybody ESP Organic for gettin to know the team and the coaching from de sidelines, dis man eh stop till de final whistle  :beermug:

looking fwd to the next games

EH ORGANIC UNOFFICIAL NAME IS "KANDI IN CANADA" (copyright licks)  :rotfl:

fuh real Grande, Organic pull ah Kandi today....at half time and de end of the game he run to the odder side of de field and was dere taking pics...Respeck bredda   :beermug:...

at least we find Kandi substitute for the Caribana sweat  ;D

as Organic say we were the definitely the noisiest people in dat place..but I tink most of it was Organic cussing de ref  ;D....that poor ref get real abuse today boy lol

I ain't go lie trendsetters play some ball today man and I was impressed....they lacked the fitness and physical attributes of a solid team but they were definitely the more skillful and overall IMO the better team....they had the simple basics of 2 and 1's and off the ball running down to having de skills in dropping some sweet toolum....we even had small men hitting bullet from outside and making some nice inswinging crosses in de box........

I wasn't there on saturday but I was talking to one of the players parents before the game and she said that they real get beat up (physically) in the 2nd game yesterday(the 0-0 result) and had a couple key players missing today

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2006, 08:26:49 AM »
Guys i just can't understand how so many people went to a tournament find the team played so well,good things being said about the players etc etc and up to now no one knows any of the players names or who coaching the team.I'm guessing all the players and team from T&T.   

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2006, 09:00:46 AM »
Organic,  thx for the updates.  I'll keep lookiing for your post on the Markham dates ....

1]; } ?>