March 29, 2024, 05:19:44 AM

Author Topic: T&T can use World Cup momentum for the Gold Cup  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T can use World Cup momentum for the Gold Cup
« on: July 01, 2006, 09:12:57 AM »
This could be the year we win the Gold Cup with the momentum from the World Cup and our recent victory over Mexico our players should have the confidence to take on the top teams in the Gold Cup.

Also this tournament should have an under 17 and under 20 version of the Gold Cup the youth teams of our region have no real international tournament we could even run a under 17 and under 20 Caribbean Cup as I said this would do wonders for the young players of the region I remember the under 14 tournament last year held in Trinidad that was a good idea may be we could have more focus on these tournaments.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 09:22:07 AM by Bally »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T can World Cup momentum to the Gold Cup
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 09:25:24 AM »
I think we can take the Gold Cup if we don't decide to go to sleep and then wake up at the last minute right before the actual event. We've had a tendancy in the past of relying on last minute preparations for certain events. Let's prepare for the Gold Cup now as if it were the World Cup.

We should also sponsor at least two or more mini events here in T&T over the next two years where we invite major players from around the world and a Caribbean neighbor (i.e., Jamaica, Barbados, Guyana os SVG) to join in. This would give us a chance to give further exposure to lesser used talent such as Ince, Warner and others.

So, as I see it, we have the momentum to take the Gold Cup and the Digicel (CFU) cup.

PS: One additional thought. Why not some international friendlies against such countries as Austrailia, Sweden and Paraguay? I know Sweden wold like to teach us a lesson and we have a score (pun intended) to settle with Paraguay. Any thoughts on this?

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
Re: T&T can use World Cup momentum for the Gold Cup
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 09:50:54 AM »
Gold Cup is quite next year

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 10:22:22 AM »

So, do we wait until the qualification process for the Gold Cup to begins? Or, do we start preparation from now?

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 10:35:03 AM »
This could be the year we win the Gold Cup with the momentum from the World Cup and our recent victory over Mexico our players should have the confidence to take on the top teams in the Gold Cup.

Also this tournament should have an under 17 and under 20 version of the Gold Cup the youth teams of our region have no real international tournament we could even run a under 17 and under 20 Caribbean Cup as I said this would do wonders for the young players of the region I remember the under 14 tournament last year held in Trinidad that was a good idea may be we could have more focus on these tournaments.

Nice Bally. Thats completely correct... we need to keep the ball rolling... we cyah just expect it to leave it in some dark damp basement and then in a years time see if it does roll the same way.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 05:48:54 PM »

So, do we wait until the qualification process for the Gold Cup to begins? Or, do we start preparation from now?
as far as i kno we shouldn't have to qualify

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 06:11:29 PM »
If TnT gonna make WC 2010, we must make our region stand up and respect us! So its Semi-finals or Finals, or win de ting outright at a minimum. We cant expect to progress in no world cup without taking care of things at home first.

Plus if we win, we going South Africa for the Confed cup in 2009! So more world class competition and practice.

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 08:29:11 PM »
Steups!

Allyuh is kicks oui!

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 09:08:18 PM »
yes, warriors, let's please show up at the next gold cup, no two ties, one loss, and out this time around. we should at least make the semis if not the final in the next gold cup, even with a younger, new-look squad. if panama could get to the final, and take that game to the wire, then we definitely can.

as for the digicel cup, i've always felt that the standard of competition within could be raised, while still being fair to the smaller competitors, by inviting one or two of the smaller african (or even asian or oceanian) countries who have a reputation for producing decent footballers and football teams, but can never really make it in their own qualifying (a team such as Liberia comes to mind)

hopefully the warriors will begin to play better teams in friendlies- ghana is a start.  :)

1]; } ?>