March 29, 2024, 02:30:06 AM

Author Topic: So......who "blunder" more?  (Read 6174 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
So......who "blunder" more?
« on: June 30, 2006, 11:41:06 AM »
Accordin to many Trinbagonians.....Coach Beenhakker "blundered" by not bringing on Russell Latapy earlier against Paraguay

Well....there are probably hundreds of thousands of Argentinians thinking that Coach Peckerman "blundered" by not playing Lionel Messi AT ALL in this match.

So who made the "bigger blunder" for all you armchair coaches?

Beenhakker?

OR

Peckerman?

« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 11:46:35 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: So......who "blunder" more?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 11:45:08 AM »
PECKERMAN IS AN ASSSS     >:(

LEO A GENIUS

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 11:45:51 AM »
that was the worse 2 sub sI ever see
he show his hand to early and pay for it

he take off Juan Roman and Crespo in favour of a more defensive game instead of going for the jugular and killing off Germany
and now he paying for it

Més que un club.

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 11:46:55 AM »
I agree, an why Saviola on de bench ...???

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 11:50:11 AM »

he take off Juan Roman and Crespo in favour of a more defensive game instead of going for the jugular and killing off Germany
and now he paying for it

I agree...i doh understand dem 2 subs at all...i would understand if he made those subs in the last 10 mins....but he did it with just over 20 mins to go.....he gambled, and he paid for it....

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 11:51:05 AM »

and now he paying for it

I wouldn't say dem was defensive subs really nah
Everybody knows Esteban Cambiasso always gets forward, and Julio Cruz is a striker

and de end of the day no team was really better, and one of dem had to go home

Watch nah I wanted Latapy to start the Paraguay match on both a practical and emotional level

Messi have at least 2 World Cups left...Latas none. He played barely 20 mins. Where de real tragedy is?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 12:15:17 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 12:07:44 PM »
yes yes yes the man made some errors in judgement???
What about the players though?

Requelme did nothing in the game except kick a corner that scored, he did not create for Crespo, Maxi or Tevez . Quite frankly Requelme has been disappointing this WC
Crespo did not have a single shot either, though he work dam hard

Even Tevez for all his industry did not manage more than a long range shot on goal. I will say he along with Gonzales had solid a game.

Losing the GK did not help the situation, but its not like he brought on a defender for Crespo. he brought on Cruz an attacker who was disappointing.

Cambiasso came on and played some good forward passes and him and Gonzales were serving the balls forward and Argentina looked less predictable. I mean Tevez saw more of the ball and three times Maxi was put into good scoring position.

To lose on penalties is tough and everyone would have loved to see Messi, no doubt th epapers like this board will be all over it. The fact is big players eh step up.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 12:08:48 PM »
well..i dont know if they were thinking like me , but when your coming up against a keeper of the length of Lehman , you would prefer not to go on the ground , cause most likely he'll save that , cause he covering that easy.. unless you hit it perfectly (like Maxi) , oh well , any info on why that fight break out after ?
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 12:11:15 PM »
yes yes yes the man made some errors in judgement???
What about the players though?

Requelme did nothing in the game except kick a corner that scored, he did not create for Crespo, Maxi or Tevez . Quite frankly Requelme has been disappointing this WC
Crespo did not have a single shot either, though he work dam hard

Even Tevez for all his industry did not manage more than a long range shot on goal. I will say he along with Gonzales had solid a game.

Losing the GK did not help the situation, but its not like he brought on a defender for Crespo. he brought on Cruz an attacker who was disappointing.

Cambiasso came on and played some good forward passes and him and Gonzales were serving the balls forward and Argentina looked less predictable. I mean Tevez saw more of the ball and three times Maxi was put into good scoring position.

To lose on penalties is tough and everyone would have loved to see Messi, no doubt th epapers like this board will be all over it. The fact is big players eh step up.

WELL THATS OUR POINT. IF BIG PLAYERS AINT STEPPING UP, BRING ON OTHER BIG PLAYERS FROM THE BENCH! LIKE MESSI!!

GAME RUNNING DOWN, GERMANY PRESSING, BRING MESSI ON TO RUN AT TIRED GERMAN LEGS. KEEP THE GERMAN DEFENCE AND MIDFIELD OCCUPIED AND CAUTIOUS. REMEMBER WHAT BEENIE DID AGAINST SWEDEN WITH GLEN?

THIS WOULD WORK EVEN BETTER FOR ARGENTINA BECAUSE THEY HAVE BETTER PLAYERS.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 12:12:18 PM »
With the hype that these two teams get i was looking for a classic but sad to say it was the most unexciting game of the World Cup,those Coaches had to do what they did because any changes made would not have made any difference.

I've never seen a game where two teams played for a draw,that game was so tight,no one was willing to take any risk the only two chances the game had scored and they were from free kicks,when a Coach have to sub his best players you know how bad things are,Brazil don't sub Fat boy regardless to what.  

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »
With the hype that these two teams get i was looking for a classic but sad to say it was the most unexciting game of the World Cup,those Coaches had to do what they did because any changes made would not have made any difference.

I've never seen a game where two teams played for a draw,that game was so tight,no one was willing to take any risk the only two chances the game had scored and they were from free kicks,when a Coach have to sub his best players you know how bad things are,Brazil don't sub Fat boy regardless to what.  

I agree with you for half the game...The first half was very cautious, but I think the second half, both teams put all they had out there.

From the beginning I thought that Pekerman was under-utilizing Messi and Tevez in this World Cup. Today I think Messi would have been a good addition. I would also try to find a way to have Aimar & Riquelme on the field at the same time......It should be against the rules to have a player of Aimar's quality on the bench  ;D. In the end I think Argentina went into victory mode a little too soon, and took their foot off the gas with too much time left on the clock......Germany kept fighting and then it just became an all out brawl, with either team capable of grabbing the spoils.

PK's are a mutha******....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 01:06:11 PM »
look at it this way Peckerman gambled by not playing messi or making his subs too early. Coach Beenhakker gamble against sweden by taking orf ah midfielder and putting on ah foward....One coach look like  nostradamus and de udder will be considered a goat....unfortuantely dat is how de cookie crumble sometimes.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

and on ah side note...
one of de commentators made an observation during de game....it was his belief that if a game goes into  extra time, each team should get 1 additional sub.... ah never really give it any serious thought....but after watching arg vs ge today.... ah would have to co-sign on this rule change..... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 01:30:06 PM »
For me, after seeing our game against sweden and seeing how well our back line held, I shifted gears into full attack mode and posted a 4-2-4 formation with our best 4 at back, Latapy and Yorke midfield and our best 4 up front for the game against england. I knew this is the biggest game of our lives facing england, an we coming at you with all, no fear, but I guess it's the difference between a dutch mind and a trini mind,where Beenie said what worked for the first game will work for the second game, and it almost did.

As for Messi  I would have loved to see him in this game, but Argentina like all other teams that went into defensive  mode are now back home.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 01:38:35 PM »

and now he paying for it

Everybody knows Esteban Cambiasso always gets forward, and Julio Cruz is a striker

Watch nah I wanted Latapy to start the Paraguay match on both a practical and emotional level

Messi have at least 2 World Cups left...Latas none. He played barely 20 mins. Where de real tragedy is?
nah man

He could squeeze out ONE more....Roger Mila run good ball at 41 (wasnt there another over 40 fellah too?)

He go hadda trade de cigarettes for someting elsse though
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 01:46:41 PM »
but Argentina like all other teams that went into defensive  mode are now back home.

Excellent point...Y on earth did he think he can hold on to 1-0 lead against Germany, of all teams, for over 20 mins. Germany has a rep for not giving up...Argenting went away from what they were doing all World Cup, attacking,  and not they are heading to the airport

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 01:49:38 PM »

I agree with you for half the game...The first half was very cautious, but I think the second half, both teams put all they had out there.

From the beginning I thought that Pekerman was under-utilizing Messi and Tevez in this World Cup. Today I think Messi would have been a good addition. I would also try to find a way to have Aimar & Riquelme on the field at the same time......It should be against the rules to have a player of Aimar's quality on the bench  ;D. In the end I think Argentina went into victory mode a little too soon, and took their foot off the gas with too much time left on the clock......Germany kept fighting and then it just became an all out brawl, with either team capable of grabbing the spoils.

PK's are a mutha******....
Germany reverted to their traditional way of playing for this game. Hard for anyone to get it together this game because of the complete opposite styles. Argentina got hurt by their keeper going down.

Aimar is nothing special.

BTW didn't someone come on here all cocky an ting talking about how we will all regret not picking Argentina. Was it Observer? I'm not sure.

Good Riddance to them.
TnT Patriot

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 01:51:29 PM »

and now he paying for it

But the question is are they better than messi or saviola.............

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 01:55:27 PM »

Perhaps the REAL tragedy is that with all the talent Latas have...he couldn't get we to de world cup de other 4 previous times.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2006, 01:56:39 PM »
The news is peckerman has just resigned,that was about 20mins ago the espn broadcaster was shocked,and said there was some disagreements during and after the game,which forced him to make that decision...............    

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2006, 02:30:22 PM »

You must be kidding. Either that or you don't watch Spanish football....He might not be as hyped, but he is a great player.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 02:38:10 PM »

You must be kidding. Either that or you don't watch Spanish football....He might not be as hyped, but he is a great player.
Nice turns and nice touches but not very penetrating. Argentina produces lots of players like that. D'Alessandro, Ortega etc.
TnT Patriot

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »
Nice turns and nice touches but not very penetrating. Argentina produces lots of players like that. D'Alessandro, Ortega etc.

What we would do to have at least one a dem now eh....especially with Latas gone from the international scene.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 02:48:41 PM »

What we would do to have at least one a dem now eh....especially with Latas gone from the international scene.

I cannot pin-point the next Latapy just yet.....hope he comes along soon
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2006, 02:51:43 PM »
PEKERMAN did a very stupid thing by taking of Juan Roman and Crespo they should have stayed on for the entire game he was trying to implement some fresh legs but when you make substitutions it affects the flow of the team and Argentina suffered from that by conceding a goal .If they were on they probably MIGHT of scored in the shoot out also.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 02:52:32 PM »

I cannot pin-point the next Latapy just yet.....hope he comes along soon

Lemmeh save yuh some stress.  There will never be another nex Latapy.  Dat mould break.  We have to accept that.  Hopefully however we could find a player who have some similar talents.

Offline rowdy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2006, 03:14:24 PM »
oh well , any info on why that fight break out after ?

I just heard that there was a tumult. Mertesacker wanted to give one Argentinian the hand and was kicked by him. The Argentinian got a red card for that. And players and coaches also headed for Oliver Bierhoff next to the field.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 03:24:55 PM by rowdy »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2006, 03:32:59 PM »

Aimar is real shit!
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 03:55:52 PM »
There will never be another Latapy.  Dat mould break.  We have to accept that.  Hopefully however we could find a player who have some similar talents.

I agree but we must admit from looking at the Soca Warriors over the past year, a discipline team of good players playing to a System beats a team of individually talented players.  I am of the opinion that this was the weakest Trinbago team in the last 3 World Cup Qualifiers Years (which had younger Latas and Yorke).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 03:59:02 PM by Lower St. John »
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 04:01:53 PM »
I think van Basten made the blunder by not bringing on van Nistelrooy. Pekerman did an OK job and those 2 subs werent really that surprising

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2006, 04:32:49 PM »
oh well , any info on why that fight break out after ?

I just heard that there was a tumult. Mertesacker wanted to give one Argentinian the hand and was kicked by him. The Argentinian got a red card for that. And players and coaches also headed for Oliver Bierhoff next to the field.

apparently certain argentines, in particular Ayala took issue with Bierhoff coming unto the field. For one he is only the team manager and should not have been there but apparently he was doing some taunting...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>