April 19, 2024, 05:23:26 AM

Author Topic: Honestly, and after the clebrations...  (Read 6342 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Honestly, and after the clebrations...
« on: June 10, 2005, 05:34:14 AM »
The Team play has not improved. We are playing better, for a couple reasons. we have a harder working midfield, and a stronger defense. But as a team, we not playing better.(nb. I did not see the panama game)
People bawling how Leo work a miracle here, sorry I doh see that. What Leo may have done is build confidence. What he has done is included 4 new players to the starting lineup and utilzed dem. Well done. But is from the Mexico game, 2 shots, many mexican attacks, with us blocking, the team didn't play better. Mexico was making it look easy.

I repeat, I did not see the Panama game.   

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Honestly, and after the clebrations...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 06:22:33 AM »
The Team play has not improved. We are playing better, for a couple reasons. we have a harder working midfield, and a stronger defense. But as a team, we not playing better.(nb. I did not see the panama game)
People bawling how Leo work a miracle here, sorry I doh see that. What Leo may have done is build confidence. What he has done is included 4 new players to the starting lineup and utilzed dem. Well done. But is from the Mexico game, 2 shots, many mexican attacks, with us blocking, the team didn't play better. Mexico was making it look easy.

steups!! u see de mexico game, and eh see the 5 games prior to this and u think that de team eh improve?

so u saw nothing different in this game from the one we had against mexico last year in mexico? (3-0 under bertile)

i just lost a lot of respect for your football knowledge.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 07:16:26 AM »
The team play with discipline and purpose. Beenie give them a plan and they stick to it, a great effort for the hardest game in the hex. As FF said in another thread, the ball jus didnt bounce we way sometimes and is a hard luck to lose like that. We not playing like it have 11 ball on the field, we playing cohesively and it is a big difference from how we were playing under bertille, some of it has to do with new confidence and new players but Beenie's tactics and methods have alot to do with it. We in a much better position to go to Germany than we would be if BSC were in charge.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 07:23:54 AM »
Andre
That's too bad. I haven't for yours. You are absolutely right, I haven't seen most of the games in the past. I have no choice but to respect the opinion, of all those who have.
From the games I have seen, USA, Costa Rica and Mexico game,(not seen Guatamala and Panama) I have seen an improvement in player selection, thus midfield play a little better, I did not notice any drastic improvement in Team play.
add Birchall, Whitley(doh I think from what was described of him, he didn't have as good a game as I expected), Avery, Dog and more confident Lawrence, Rahim.....+ Yorke who has moved up, yet still assist the midfield, a increased healthy Edwards, a developing Charles.

I haven't seen many games at all,over the years, so my frame of reference is very limited.
I do think that aspect(Team work) of our game will improve, I do think we will play better, I also think that the New coach, the new players, and new attitudes will contribute to this infectious development. Thus we have a very good chance to do the deed.

Yet I did not see it in the mexico game, you think my blindness or ignorance has therefore affected my football knowledge...Ok...I don't agree, but you would be surprised with the many different things blind people see

But for this 1st round, for me, it hasn't happened yet.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 07:26:37 AM by maxg »

Offline Liburd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 07:24:25 AM »

Normally, I wouldn't even reply to statements like this... Sanchez totally tapped me out a few days ago...  But this must be said.

How would you define an improvement Max??

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Max i not fighting ure down because i agree with a few points like....
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 07:39:20 AM »
the fact that we got two shots at goal to me that is of concern to me big time and its kinda hard to describe all the aspects of improvement but the mental confidence is an  astounding difference like in this game when mexico start out pressuring us , under the normqal circumstancesa wed have bucklled badly but we  absorbed it and then started to pick our play up the off the ball support was  alot better...as for the birchwald lad i think men was looking for too much from him what he gives us is  something that we miss effort in the middle and when he plays a ball forward he supports as simple as it may seem as opposed to a drag or spanner his presence is felt he doesnt have to be maradona to be helpful i mean look at whhitley for all the skill he and rahim is supposed to have a lil work ethic and simple run and support from a 20 yr old have them looking mediocre...but in case tho max if u really wanna see the difference in tt teams play i would advise u get a copy of tt vs mexico in mexico in the previous round when we get 3  and look at that mexico game where we lost 2-0 the improvement is drastic not where we need to be as yet but astounding.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 07:44:26 AM »
Maxg like he still vex a foreign coach mekkin so much money.  Not to mention de stadium in Tarouba.   ;D

Is arrite Maxg.....local to de bone....respeck.... ;D ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shots on goal
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 07:46:34 AM »
the fact that we got two shots at goal to me that is of concern to me big time

Unfortunately, dis is one area of our game dat is still pathetic. It doh matter who we playing, it seem as doh we tink we need tuh get ah license tuh shoot.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 08:10:11 AM »
Guys, T&T has IMPROVED ! I am saying we have better coaches, more commited players. I am not denying that, but don't fool yourselves.
Losing to Mexico 2-0 playing better, with better system INSTEAD of 3-0 with shit coach, and uncommited players does NOT indicate an Improvement in Team play.

If we have better players(minus the goalie), better coach, better system, something else missing. If you attribute the 2 goals to goalie error, and there was such an improvement this time, Shaka must have saved we from bout 10 goal last time.

A bunch of man getting in the way of shots, as opposed to a bunch of man not getting in the way equal number of shots, indicate commitment. If that should indicate better stategy to me, then ah really lost touch with this game.

Since some insist on comparing to the last Mexico game.
Did they have less ball possession than last time?us more?
Did they have less shots than last time?
Did we have more attacks/ shots at their goal than last time?
Did our build up indicate a constant danger, compared to last time?
Did the midfield support the forwards better, did the forwards create for the midfield better.
If our game plan is to defend pressure as opposed to last time, wouldn't you expect to get less goals?

The thing with football is you can't look at improvement just based on the last time we played mexico...otherwise we would have to wait till the end of this Tournament to realize wheteher we improve any more. By then too late. Even if Mexico only beat we 1-0. You have to look at from most recent game to game...that why it is necessary to have enough pratice games, in between.

Look I only asking cause ah want meh  limited knowledge to expand, if I knew it all, I wouldn't have had to discuss with nobody.... right?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 02:48:36 PM by maxg »

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 08:17:51 AM »
U know guys, I don't think everybody should be passing all the blame on BSC. For the past months I have been noticing how everybody wants to blame him. After all he is not the one that goes out on the field and play. I think confidence have a lot to do with how the team played. What I have seen happen, is that game after game the team gradually improved, except for one blemish.  Example, the team played much better in that Costa Rica game and should have won. Is a matter of determination, grit and luck. I remember guys were complaining about everything BSC did. Things like picking all these foreign base players and all  kind ah sh##$%t. Look at how we glorifying them now.
Let’s just move on from BSC and focus on what the team needs to do to continue its improvement.. After all, don't forget what BSC did for T&T in the Gold Cup and world youth cup.

I must say, Leo has more experience than BSC and a more clourful resume. I think that also played a part in the team’s belief
I must admit, it appears as though Leo has been able to have the players commit to his strategy and that is key and having the like of the new players at his disposal helps a lot. A lot of times it takes a foreign coach to have people listen

I have seen much improve play with out team since I last saw them play against the US and I can't wait to see them play here in Connecticut. I think they will surprise a lot of people. I bought my ticket from the first day. I want to see how they play up close.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 08:35:10 AM »
MaxG

Last games against Mexico they were running tru we like hot knife tru butter..also is one man Shaka Hislop prevent the score from being 10-0

If you could remember the amount of bullent and sure goal he save. Jack had to work yes but not as much as Shaka because the defence help him out and the midfield help him out.

Under Bertie we were crying for a midfield, it was pure backs and fwds, we had nobody to break down attack and start play. Then it was the defence shakey and porous.

Now the comments are we need a fwd.....so areas have been improved.

Also check what these former coaches and players in TT football have to say about the game

Kudos to TT Warriors

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 08:55:56 AM »

I will agree with Maxg a little.
We not there yet and on current form we not in Germany yet.

But to say it have no improvement is a lil crazy(or bias).
We lost 5-1 to Guatemala in our last away game.  It was total chaos on the field.

Mexico had to work to win this game.

Looking forward to the Gold Cup.
Look like Colombia on a tear.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 09:00:57 AM »
maxipad, i not up for any personal war wit you but u definitlely is ah joker! nuff said!!

You really ignorant to the obvious but i dont blame u because if you were watching the team regularly then u would understand!!

I just think that for someone who see de team play in one game (against de strongest team in de group) out of six under beenie man, u should keep yuh damn mouth shut!

i not saying that we are the best de in de concacaf but i think you out a place tuh say that de team show little improvement!!

nothing personal

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 09:16:43 AM »
My eyes will be open, I hope to see all that everyone else does during the next set of qualifiers. The Gold cup will be a good training ground.
 As I said, I know we are better, I know it is improving, I am not as yet confident however it is enough.  That is all. I really cannot suggest what is to be done differently, as I am not privy to BeenE plans or how they are being comprehended/absorbed, so my faith must lie in those that are closer to the "engine room". You guys and those past Knowledgable coaches

I however did have some game observations
n.b the time, it was after some beers...so take dem at beer value and doh put money on it.(not that I expect anybody to put money on anything I say)

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=1729.msg11487#msg11487

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 09:17:20 AM »
maxipad, i not up for any personal war wit you but u definitlely is ah joker! nuff said!!

You really ignorant to the obvious but i dont blame u because if you were watching the team regularly then u would understand!!

I just think that for someone who see de team play in one game (against de strongest team in de group) out of six under beenie man, u should keep yuh damn mouth shut!

i not saying that we are the best de in de concacaf but i think you out a place tuh say that de team show little improvement!!

nothing personal

nothing personal
and
"maxipad, i not up for any personal war wit you but u definitlely is ah joker! nuff said!!"

Wha all dat for Andre ?
Ah sorry to vex yuh bro, but Wha personal war yuh talkin bout ?

"u definitlely is ah joker!""You really ignorant to the obvious""i think you out a place tuh say that de team show little improvement!!"

About those above statements, you may be absolutely correct ....or you maybe wrong. If it any consolation, I hope you are right. For our team sake.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 09:25:44 AM by maxg »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 09:31:54 AM »
People bawling how Leo work a miracle here, sorry I doh see that. What Leo may have done is build confidence. What he has done is included 4 new players to the starting lineup and utilzed dem. Well done......

As a team - we were more compact, making it harder for mexico to break down our defense. That was because - as a team - we kept our shape alot better. The team's passing game has also improved. There were alot less hopeless long passes and alot more composed play and movement.

The things you said sounded like a better team to me. Better selection, more confidence, utilizing players. Those things lead to better team play. If you think that doesnt contribute to the team collectively, i dont know what to say to that.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 09:38:39 AM »
i think i was a bit overzealous just now, so i apologise maxg.

I guess u have a right to your opinion even though it based on limited information!

i just thought that you were spreading an air of negativity on de site! 8)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 09:49:57 AM »
Maxg finally figure out that Labatts have dollar beer!.. That labatts honey drinking good!

From what we read on here and across the internet, Maxg comments may have some truth. I think that the GC will allow us to get a better picture of the team and the ability of the new coaches. When will the questions that dogged Berti and others before him come into play for Beenie? I mean.. when will it be ok to be critical?

Max $24 with empties, getting you ah 2-4 of the Labatt Honey! Drive dong by me on the 18th for some, ah go trow in some BBQ and curry!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005, 09:58:13 AM »

I guess u have a right to your opinion even though it based on limited information!

I good Andre, not my intention at all, it was just a thought I had, and maybe should have kept it to myself.

As a team - we were more compact, making it harder for mexico to break down our defense. That was because - as a team - we kept our shape alot better. The team's passing game has also improved. There were alot less hopeless long passes and alot more composed play and movement.

The things you said sounded like a better team to me. Better selection, more confidence, utilizing players. Those things lead to better team play. If you think that doesnt contribute to the team collectively, i dont know what to say to that.

I agree with this statement
" Better selection, more confidence, utilizing players. Those things lead to better team play."

I hope I am not taking it out of context, but I think this is what I saw, given the instructions that MUST have been given to play against Mexico. What I was obviously blind too, is that vast improvement in Team cohesiveness and strategy. It seems I am wrong, and retract my foolish unfounded thought.

I out

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 10:01:53 AM »
Maxg finally figure out that Labatts have dollar beer!.. That labatts honey drinking good!
...........etc..etc..

Max $24 with empties, getting you ah 2-4 of the Labatt Honey! Drive dong by me on the 18th for some, ah go trow in some BBQ and curry!

WHAT! WHAT! Only in Ontario or wha? Wha really goin on here?

Yuh see ah doh know everything bout beer either.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 10:06:45 AM by maxg »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 10:49:40 AM »

Andre this is a Discussion Forum and yes everyone has an opinion. Obviously its not always what one wants to read, but it creates debate and makes for a lively board. If we all agree then wha! Talk dun!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maxg
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2005, 11:52:56 AM »
Yea man we improve to what we was...but we still have work to do.

Compared to them first 3 games, is like a whole different team and tactics.

As ASamuel say, this is the hardest game of the entire round for us, and we showed grit like we never did before in Mexico.
With this same vibes, we woulda never have the US beaten us and most likely beaten CR, not to mention concede 5 vs Guat.
Its not how the team play so much, is the end result that counts more.
If u look at this game, Mexico didnt have that many clear cut chances as they usually have, maybe 3-4 good clear chances....We had maybe 2 half chances.
Last year in TT, they had about 6-7 clear chances, took 3, while we barely had one clear cut chance, only a magnificent stern header.
We have improved.
To beat Panama is also testament to that.
But to make germany, we have to win away from home, or not lose 2 away games.
That will be our true test.

Kudos muct be given to the coach, he has obviously done something to get more form the same bunch of players.

A draw with the US is not out of reach next game.

2 games ago we were only talking about how much we would concede.

We definitely have improved, and we all know the fellas not up to optimum yet eh.....

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2005, 12:18:30 PM »
Ahh Boy Maxg..........You have really worn me down. Honestly i doubt i could reply to anything you write from now on. But tell me something. Do you compete with yourself? Do you try to out do your last post to see if it could be more idiotic. Lord.....i give up Maxg.....take win....nobody, including KND could post more shit than you.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2005, 12:38:03 PM »
yuh keep saying
"Honestly i doubt i could reply to anything you write from now on. "

buh like ah does keep bringing out the bamsee in yuh, with my shit...wipe and move on nah

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2005, 12:43:28 PM »
MaxG you are entitled to your opinion and you the fact that you stated that really haven't seen much games from before says a lot...it may not be an informed opinion, but yet still an opinion.

Beenie got about a month with the team....Bertie had a year the team

That should say enough.

Beenie have a very impressive resume...BSC is NO WHERE near his level. BSC in my opinion isn't even the best coach in T&T....local or otherwise.

You will be convinced though when we make the World Cup and Shake up the World....inspite of the hole BSC leave the team in.

Ah will have to respectively disagree with though.

Like yuh raise ah Ants nest... ;D ;D ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2005, 01:04:35 PM »
Massive, wha the BSC talk bout? People hearing wha dey want or what? BSC is the only coach we ever had ? oh wait, I didn't see all the games, so I doh know. Any old posters here will know, I have supported every coach we have had so far, I hope one day we could have a totally T&T team, including coach, but whoever is at the helm, will have my full support. I do think that good foreign coaches are quite expensive, especially when the end result leave us no better in the Future, yet I understand it is a chance we must take. But I am not trying to compare no individual to next. BeenE is the coach, and I pray for his success. BSC is only history, like Fevrier, like Najjar, like Vranes...etc..etc.my mind is not as small as sub1 and others think it is  ;D, even if I give that impression.   ;)
Anyhow I learned something from the discussion and I moved on. Talk done !

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2005, 01:18:59 PM »
I stayin out ah you and Sub1 business. ;D

You give yuh opinion ah give mine...yuh just open ah ants nest and get bite dyes all  ;D

As for being new...quite the contrary...I was posting way back since Marc P website.....and since Cokesman use to write Books on Marc and Flex site  ;D ;D ;D When ah say books ah mean books.

Alberta Trini could write as much.

BY the way...what happen to the cokesman...Ah hope he eh live up to he name ???

Maybe he went underground like me ???

Is One Love man....One Love MaxG
Just watch the ants ;D ;D ;D

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2005, 01:37:49 PM »
cyar fraid lil ants bro, wha go happen when ah have to deal Lion an ting     ::)

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2005, 01:53:07 PM »
Mxg ah understand wha yuh saying. Just next time you have something to say let them man know you looking for ah lil knowledge cause they beating you bad soldier.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2005, 02:02:45 PM »
Guys, T&T has IMPROVED ! I am saying we have better coaches, more commited players. I am not denying that, but don't fool yourselves.
Losing to Mexico 2-0 playing better, with better system INSTEAD of 3-0 with shit coach, and uncommited players does NOT indicate an Improvement in Team play.

If we have better players(minus the goalie), better coach, better system, something else missing. If you attribute the 2 goals to goalie error, and there was such an improvement this time, Shaka must have saved we from bout 10 goal last time.

A bunch of man getting in the way of shots, as opposed to a bunch of man not getting in the way equal number of shots, indicate commitment. If that should indicate better stategy to me, then ah really lost touch with this game.

Since some insist on comparing to the last Mexico game.
Did they have less ball possession than last time?us more?
Did they have less shots than last time?
Did we have more attacks/ shots at their goal than last time?
Did our build up indicate a constant danger, compared to last time?
Did the midfield support the forwards better, did the forwards create for the midfield better.
If our game plan is to defend pressure as opposed to last time, wouldn't you expect to get more (should read LESS)goals?

The thing with football is you can't look at improvement just based on the last time we played mexico...otherwise we would have to wait till the end of this Tournament to realize wheteher we improve any more. By then too late. Even if Mexico only beat we 1-0. You have to look at from most recent game to game...that why it is necessary to have enough pratice games, in between.

Look I only asking cause ah want meh  limited knowledge to expand, if I knew it all, I wouldn't have had to discuss with nobody.... right?

Read this post, and then read the last line...den read it again...and den drop more 'liks'..if yuh cyar follow ask the eleventhtrini to check it.. :D...jus kidding bro

allrite..allrite...wuk done, have to go now.. ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 02:47:45 PM by maxg »

1]; } ?>