June 16, 2024, 12:56:28 AM

Author Topic: BEENIE STAYS!!!!...KINDA...  (Read 5998 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
BEENIE STAYS!!!!...KINDA...
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:26:15 PM »
Warner believes Beenhakker will stay.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Dutchman Leo Beenhakker could remain on as head coach of the National Senior Team of Trinidad and Tobago towards the 2010 World Cup.
This is according to Special Advisor to the TTFF, Jack Warner who was speaking on a local television morning programme. However, there has been no official statement on the matter and Beenhakker is yet to make his feelings publicly clear.
Warner had journeyed from Berlin to Rotenburg to hold talks with Beenhakker prior to the team’s match with Paraguay and was confident that the coach would agree to stay on but Beenhakker calmly admitted that he was yet to decide his future with the “Soca Warriors”.
"Beenhakker is willing and ready to come back," Warner said.
 "and we discussed briefly a strategy whereby his assistant Whim (Rijsbergen) will take over for the first two years," adding that Beenhakker himself would resume the head coach role for the following two years.
The next World Cup Finals will be in 2010 in South Africa.
Warner last week indicated he would no longer be assuming the task of financing the team.
He said, however, that if the Government assumes the financial responsibility for the team, as well as the technical staff, they will have to collaborate with the T&TFF.
"The Government will have to work with the Federation," Warner said. "It cannot do it on its own because Mr Beenhakker cannot sign a contract with the Government, he can sign one with the Federation, and the Federation can guarantee his payment via the Government."
Warner also feels that although Jamaica have failed to progress to the two subsequent World Cup finals after their maiden success in France 1998, Trinidad and Tobago have what it takes to consistently qualify for the world's biggest football tournament.
"In Trinidad we can do so, because we have natural talent. There is no other country in the Caribbean that has more talent than we have. What we have to do is to develop it, to have it disciplined, as it were.
"...we have shown it can be done by bringing coach Beenhakker on board."
Assistant coach Wim Rijsbergen has indicated his willingness to resume duties with the team and assistant coach/scout Mario Been who worked with the team only at the World Cup before returning to take back up head coach duties with a Dutch First Division team SBV Excelsior, also indicated to TTFF Media that he would be happy to assist whenever required. He confessed that he had developed a enjoyable relationship with skipper Dwight Yorke and his teammates who also felt the same about the former Feyenoord Star player.
“It was a real honour to be working with these guys….. when I see them fighting in every game… not much that can describe this,” Been told TTFF Media.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 05:27:57 AM by Flex »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

TrinInfinite

Re: BEENIE STAYS!!!!...KINDA...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 11:36:02 PM »
de question is will de balisier boys pay de fee to progress we football and give our youths hope? ???

mr manning, talk wit the natl treasury so we could make 2010, JW say we have talent for days, i totally agree, i have known dis since i was small...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 11:41:22 PM »
ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE

Though willing to serve, Jack Warner has reservations about helping a govt which blanked the Soca Warriors last year.

Jack Warner

By Gail Alexander - Source: Trinidad Express
[/color]

FIFA vice president Jack Warner, while willing to serve on a Goverment team on football, says he has reservations, since he was blanked by the PNM administration last year when he begged for help for the Soca Warriors.

He said yesterday he had spoken with team coach Leo Beenhakker on the weekend and Beenhakker has said he would be guided by Warner in the issue of the proposed football committee.

And Warner has also expressed disappointment at the fact that members of the Warriors’ support unit were left out of commendation or honours during last weekend’s “reward ceremony” for the team by Government.

Warner returned from Germany last night via Miami.

During Government’s celebration for the Warriors, on Saturday, Prime Minister Patrick Manning had said he would invite Warner, coach Leo Beenhakker and team captain Dwight Yorke to have discussions on Government’s role in getting T&T’s participation in World Cup 2010.

On that occasion, Manning had also thanked Warner for his role with the team, although he was the “forgotten man” during last Thursday’s homecoming bash at Piarco Airport.

Warner said yesterday: “I’ve received no word or otherwise from anyone in the Government to serve on any committee on the development of sport or football.

“I learned of my proposed involvement, like everyone else, via the media.

“So it’s difficult to make much comment and decide whether I’ll be part of any so-called committee.

“However, while I’m willing to assist with football as I’ve devoted my life to doing, I have some reservations about any such Goverment committee, because a year ago I’d desperately begged Government for help with the team and was soundly blanked.”

Warner recalled that he had been in financial difficulty a year ago and had gone to Culture Minister Joan Yuille-Williams to seek assistance for the Warriors.

“I went begging to her for help. Kenny de Silva, of the NCC then, went with me. He knows what happened. “I even told Joan I was prepared to let the team help the PNM in their 50th anniversary celebrations this year.

“I went to her, since there was no headway with Sports Minister (Roger) Boynes. That seemed ineffective, and I knew Joan had the Prime Minister’s ear.

“But the team was blanked and nothing was done by her for them. Such was the level of Government’s support for the team.

“So when they come now to tell me Government wants me on their committee to further the sport, it seems hypocritical, and I have grave reservations.

“I will serve if they ask me, since football has been my life. But from everything that has happened before, it would appear that the current offer is for cosmetic purposes.”

Warner said if Government was serious, he was prepared to give them a ten-point plan all the way to 2010.

“And let’s see if they understand the value of football. So while I’m willing to help, understand why I have reservations.”

While Warner will not be contributing to the team financially in future, he said he would assist in a different way.

“Whereas before I was putting my hand in my pocket, I will now be prepared to assist them as a resource person with ideas, experience and contacts.

“But my family and I cannot continue to do what we did before, and it is time for Government to do something now.”

Warner, who spoke to coach Beenhakker on the weekend, said both agreed to postpone discussions on Beenhakker’s continuation with the Warriors until the issue of the Government committee was dealt with.

He said Beenhakker said he would be guided by Warner’s decisions in that matter.

Asked how Beenhakker felt about being awarded the nation’s second highest honour and a $1 million in cash, Warner said:

“He hasn’t mentioned anything about it to me.”

Beenhakker was being paid (US)$100,000 monthly by Warner, the latter confirmed. Warner said he had no comment on the fact that his name wasn’t among those listed for honours on the World Cup effort.

“I’m deeply disappointed that other members of the team’s support unit were not honoured or even mentioned by the Prime Minister for their very significant contributions.

“It was hard for them to sit there and endure such ingratitude and humiliation.

“My heart particularly goes out to Silvio Spann, who I heard sat forlornly on the bench alone while everyone else had gotten their accolades until the crowd pressed Government to call him up.

“It’s these oversights that grieve me most.”

Warner said members of the Warriors and the support team called him after they received their honours last Saturday.

“They spoke to me about everything. The team officials also called me to note they had been overlooked. But I didn’t take all the calls or comment to them, because I didn’t want it to seem political.

“I thought they should have received much more, and I’m sure they (team) did, too. Not only in terms of money, but also the legacy they have left.

“What street did they name after them, what institution? What is there of lasting significance to denote their work?

“Money isn’t everything.”

Warner is scheduled to return to Germany on Thursday for further Fifa duties in the World Cup.

Well boy....man say one ting in de Express and den come and say nutting decided until dey have dis committee meeting.

Tantana Faddah.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 11:44:21 PM »
Leh we hope that Manning ain't just bumping he gum.  They say they wanted to maintain the level and Beenie willing to make himself available.  i really feel that Whim will assume the mantle though.  What is the sense of having Whim for the next two years and then having Beenie come in again.  AH feel is like Whim is on a trial run, and if he can't do the job, Beenie will come back. If Whim is doing a great job after two years, I cyar see Beenie coming back at the helm.  He'll just give Whim his blessings.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 11:50:23 PM »
Leh we hope Jack eh looking for more political  mileage: patronage/ martyrdom/ or all dem isms which go make him look like no one else could do it but me or see how ah go make the government look bad.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 12:23:57 AM »
It seems like Beenie still has not made up his mind.  My gut feeling is that Beenie is moving on and Wim will be our next head coach.

www.socawarriorstt.com

WARNER BELIEVES BEENHAKKER WILL STAY 

Dutchman Leo Beenhakker could remain on as head coach of the National Senior Team of Trinidad and Tobago towards the 2010 World Cup.

This is according to Special Advisor to the TTFF, Jack Warner who was speaking on a local television morning programme. However, there has been no official statement on the matter and Beenhakker is yet to make his feelings publicly clear .

Warner had journeyed from Berlin to Rotenburg to hold talks with Beenhakker prior to the team’s match with Paraguay and was confident that the coach would agree to stay on but Beenhakker calmly admitted that he was yet to decide his future with the “Soca Warriors”.

"Beenhakker is willing and ready to come back," Warner said.

"and we discussed briefly a strategy whereby his assistant Whim (Rijsbergen) will take over for the first two years," adding that Beenhakker himself would resume the head coach role for the following two years.

Warner last week indicated he would no longer be assuming the task of financing the team.

He said, however, that if the Government assumes the financial responsibility for the team, as well as the technical staff, they will have to collaborate with the T&TFF.

"The Government will have to work with the Federation," Warner said. "It cannot do it on its own because Mr Beenhakker cannot sign a contract with the Government, he can sign one with the Federation, and the Federation can guarantee his payment via the Government."

Warner also feels that although Jamaica have failed to progress to the two subsequent World Cup finals after their maiden success in France 1998, Trinidad and Tobago have what it takes to consistently qualify for the world's biggest football tournament.

"In Trinidad we can do so, because we have natural talent. There is no other country in the Caribbean that has more talent than we have. What we have to do is to develop it, to have it disciplined, as it were.

Assistant coach Wim Rijsbergen has indicated his willingness to resume duties with the team and assistant coach/scout Mario Been who worked with the team only at the World Cup before returning to take back up head coach duties with a Dutch First Division team SBV Excelsior,also indicated to TTFF Media that he would be happy to assist whenever required. He confessed that he had developed a enjoyable relationship with skipper Dwight Yorke and his teammates who also felt the same about the former Feyenoord Star player.

“It was a real honour to be working with these guys….. when I see them fighting in every game… not much that can describe this,” Been told TTFF Media.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 01:02:52 AM »
Leh we hope that Manning ain't just bumping he gum.  They say they wanted to maintain the level and Beenie willing to make himself available.  i really feel that Whim will assume the mantle though.  What is the sense of having Whim for the next two years and then having Beenie come in again.  AH feel is like Whim is on a trial run, and if he can't do the job, Beenie will come back. If Whim is doing a great job after two years, I cyar see Beenie coming back at the helm.  He'll just give Whim his blessings.

I think this is the way it would work well.
Beenie knows he doesn't have it to hold it for 4 years, Wim seems to melt quite well with the Trini mentality. Easy going guy  & he has an enormous smile.
Beenie happy he will be in the spotlights in 2009 & 2010, Wim not the man who mind to be free from that. I'm happy it is Wim and not Mario Been or so. ( who is in charge, better Wim then Mario I think)
So yes Beenie will be back... unless perhaps he gets an offer he can't refuse.
Hé this is fusball, and there is still a lot of vacancies at Real Madrid....
Or Lisbon or wherever, I think he will be signing a TD contract but has plenty of time to take only those offers that are fully to his liking.
Perhaps he might end having 2 jobs in 2009, just like Guus had.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 01:16:34 AM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 04:12:58 AM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
ALL WE NEED IZ WIM

HE WAS DE REAL COACH ANYWAYS ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 05:12:11 AM »
Nice one Palos!

Btw ah missed yuh by just a few minutes in Dortmund before the Sweden game. Is like ah see everybody else but you that day! Also didn't see most of you guys for the Paraguay game, where was allyuh liming? But I chat with Ato, Destra, Maximus, Iwer, Shurwayne, Rose, De Fosto, Bro. Resistance and ah whole heap of other celebs. We real make mass in the people place yes, the World Cup will never be like this again without T&T in the mix. Expect FIFA to create a special spot just to ensure that T&T qualifies for every World Cup from here on, they now know is good business & marketing to have a team like T&T in the Cup.

Notice how since we exit the tournament that them German & English fans starting to pick fight? The fun and entertainment before and after games has diminished since T&T fans left Germany in our droves! We have taught fans of some of those BIG teams how to enjoy themselves in a peaceful way win loss or draw!

Lets be proud of how well we all represented for this World Cup!  :applause:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:47:28 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 07:56:20 AM »
socapro, I ent see you at all, but ah see palos with his entourage  ::)

I ent see Ato, but saw some Swedes giving some chat to Hasely Crawford...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 09:05:26 AM »
de question is will de balisier boys pay de fee to progress we football and give our youths hope? ???

mr manning, talk wit the natl treasury so we could make 2010, JW say we have talent for days, i totally agree, i have known dis since i was small...
I think the bigger question is will the TTFF open up their books instead of asking for a blank check. If x amount of taxpayers money is goingto be spent it is only fair that there be accountability. Another question is can the "special advisor" dictate terms to the gov't........when these are answered maybe football can progress.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 09:16:04 AM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
ALL WE NEED IZ WIM

HE WAS DE REAL COACH ANYWAYS ;D

Wim played in de 1974 Holland WC Squad. He was a defender.

Allyuh eh ask meh but I telling yuh  ;D

This is a link to Wim's recent resume. It in Dutch but pretty simple to understand:
http://www.beijen.net/frank/cvs/rijsbergen-w.htm

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Thank you L E O: Rijsbergen takes over Warrior
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 09:23:41 AM »
http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,39805.html

ZAID MOHAMMED, Sports Editor Wednesday, June 28 2006

WIM RIJSBERGEN will take over as coach of the Trinidad and Tobago football team from fellow Dutchman Leo Beenhakker.

This was revealed yesterday by Jack Warner, Special Advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation during a radio interview on Power 102 FM.

Warner, who returned the night before from Germany said that an arrangement is being made to have Rijsbergen coach the team for the next two years.

During that period Beenhakker will make periodic visits to Trinidad and Tobago to assess the progress of the team before taking over for the next two years leading up to the 2010 World Cup Finals in South Africa.

“This is the broad outline of what we have discussed and he has agreed,” said Warner.

However the Dutchman has expressed some concern about the level of crime in Trinidad and Tobago but Warner said that he has allayed the coach’s fears.

“I told him that through football we will reduce the crime in Trinidad and Tobago and that he has a major part to play in this regard,” said Warner.

Beenhakker, who coached the Netherlands at the 1990 Finals in Italy was offered an extension of his contract by Warner before the Soca Warriors’ final Group “B” match at the the World Cup in Germany. However he declined to give an answer and asked for some time to consider the offer.

Rijsbergen has been an understudy to Beenhakker since he took over last year from Bertille St Clair when Trinidad and Tobago were struggling to qualify in the CONCACAF Zone for the World Cup.

It was widely expected that Corneal would have been handed the job but with the new arrangement the Trinidadian will have to wait longer for his opportunity.

It is also unclear who will continue to pay the coaching staff as Warner has stated his intention to sever his financial link with the team having spent more than $17 million of his personal fortune to take Trinidad and Tobago to Germany.

Yesterday Warner told “Gladiator” Ricardo Welch on his popular morning programme that he was at first disappointed at not being awarded the Chaconia Gold medal along with the team last Saturday by Prime Minister Patrick Manning.

And he heaped scorn on the PM”s invitation to join a committee to plan a programme to ensure the Soca Warriors qualify for the next World Cup Finals.

“From my experience nothing comes out of any Government initiative,” said Warner.

He said that the members of the team were not satisfied with the rewards they received from Government after their creditable showing at their first World Cup.

Warner said that several players complained to him about the million dollar packages announced by Manning at a big rally at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

“They were led to believe that they would gets houses and cars,” said Warner.

“CL Financial had given Cyd Gray and Aurtis Whitley houses as gifts for their services so the players felt that Government could not do worse,” said Warner.

But he said he advised the footballers not to make their complaints public.

Warner said the Soca Warriors had probably added about $50 million to the local economy through their participation in the World Cup Finals.

“It is a conservative estimate whether it is in hotels, airlines and of course vendors and employment, direct or indirect,” said Warner.

He said that the Soca Warriors had also contributed socially and spiritually to the upliftment of Trinidad and Tobago in ways that cannot be measured.

“They have given the people a sense of hope and when you look at the positives, I am desperate that 2010 should start properly and I will assist in any way to help us since we are linked to Africa,” said Warner.

I have to say, there's no surprise here! This is exactly what I thought would happen.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 09:27:06 AM »
As long as it eh Corneal coaching....

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 09:40:26 AM »
i fuh one very happy with this news...
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »
If you all feel the same, I personally believe that combined with our natural talent in Trinidad and Tobago, the Dutch method of coaching and tactical approach can only make our game stronger. No Concacaf team should beat us with this style

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 09:49:56 AM »
I go believe when I see it yes.  Too many tings up in de air.

Government eh say dey payin de salary

No "football committee" meeting eh happen yet

And Warner sayin Govt have to deal direck wit TTFF

Too much tings could go wrong.  Nex ting we back wit Hannibal Najjar as coach.

I watchin de proceedins.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 09:54:40 AM »
Nah it go be Anton with Alvin as Technical Advisor  ::)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2006, 10:04:50 AM »

:frustrated:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2006, 10:13:09 AM »

that, go only end one way........ BAD

Ms que un club.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 10:25:32 AM »

Maybbe Wim could hire Nakhid as he assistant  :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2006, 05:33:05 PM »
Beenhakker stays
Warner: Dutchman returns till 2010
Wednesday, June 28th 2006

Trinidad Express

National senior football coach Dutchman Leo Beenhakker is to stay on as head of the Trinidad and Tobago technical staff, at least for the next World Cup campaign.

This was announced by T&T Football Federation special adviser and FIFA vice-president Jack Warner yesterday in an interview on TV6's Morning Edition programme, when asked about the immediate future of the national team.

Warner explained he had held talks with the former Real Madrid coach, who had indicated his willingness to continue with the team.

"Beenhakker is willing and ready to come back," he said, "and we discussed briefly a strategy whereby his assistant Whim (Rijsbergen) will take over for the first two years," adding that Beenhakker himself would resume the head coach role for the following two years.

"It is the end of the line... I have funded the team for the past two years. I have many things to be thankful for, I have no regrets," he told the Express last week.

-be the change you wish to see-

Offline cascabel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Has Beenhakker said if he is staying on?
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 05:21:45 AM »
Somebody please enlighten me?   Thanks  ???

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Has Beenhakker said if he is staying on?
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 05:49:44 AM »
I believe (from newspaper reports) Jack Warner said Leo's current assistant manager will take over for the next 2 years. Leo will periodically come to Trinidad and check on the teams progress, then in 2008, he will take full charge again for the 2010 campaign.

There were some concerns about living in Trinidad with all the crime. But Jack warner "allayed those fears".

I think its the best plan/compromise for now atleast.

My main aim for TnT is to gain regional status and actually try to win the next Concacaf Gold Cup. We cant make any serious world impression without regional progression past USA and Mexico.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 08:31:22 AM »
Papers this morning have an article where Australia may be interested in Leo. Hiddink say he know him since they were 20 and he would like him to take over the helm

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 04:03:53 PM »
I will believe it when I see it once it ain't Corneal I good.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 01:58:18 PM »
In terms of $$$$$$ Jack TTFF this a good way to do it. 
Cause really and truly next 2 yrs no big tourney or matches in terms of high level football (GOld Cup digicel ain't really all that in the grand scheme of things)
so spend less money for them 2 years to pay the much cheaper Wim.  Then govt jack ttff etc could get together on his salary and what he needs come 2008 so ready when the man come back.

from a money standpoint good move.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Leo Stays
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2006, 07:26:35 PM »
Yeah sorry. . . .  The headline is VERY misleading. . .Sorry should've read the entire article first.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>