April 25, 2024, 02:26:57 PM

Author Topic: First time in 24 years  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
First time in 24 years
« on: July 01, 2006, 08:40:31 PM »
we will not see a South American team in the final of the WC. Not since 1982 when Italy and Germany met. Ironically Italy beat Brazil in that WC to advance and went on to win the Cup.

The way this tournamnet going who knows. Check this Italy is traditionally Germany boggie team and Germany is traditionally France Boogie team. But then there is Portugal, who every team is dem boggie team   ;D (sorry Portugese fans just having some fun).

Any predictions??? I have mine.

Italy is the most balanced team, Good GKing, excellent defense, strong midfield and fire power up front. Germany in real form and attacking like crazy. France very disciplined, patient and hard to break down but scoring is a bit of a problem.
Portugal very nice but really struggle to score goals, with no natural striker ( sorry Pauleta don't count)
I can't see Portugal beating France.
Germany had not played any real hard teams until Argentina, but they pulled through. Plus dem home
Italy well dem is tournament team so I going with them. Why? because they will frustrate Germany and hit on the counter.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: First time in 24 years
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 08:43:26 PM »
"a South American team" aka Brazil or Argentina.......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 09:00:21 PM »
he mean non-European aka Brazil or Argentina

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 09:05:22 PM »
The only way Germany beating Italy is on penalties.

After Italy beat them 4-1 earlier this year the German papers were stressing the fact that Germany had,'t beaten a world power in football for 14 games.

14 games without wins against England, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, France or other genuine big teams stretching back to Euro 96 probably.

They get past Argentina because Pekerman decide to give them all the impetus, I don't see Italy trying that and failing and Italy has been good at getting goals and controlling games.

France Portugal is, believe it or not, a toss-up. Portugal should lose but if they get a goal up France will have a tough time. Scolari is a good manager and he will have something in store for that French left side. Zidane vs Figo will be nice to see.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 09:34:07 PM »
The only way Germany beating Italy is on penalties.

After Italy beat them 4-1 earlier this year the German papers were stressing the fact that Germany had,'t beaten a world power in football for 14 games.

14 games without wins against England, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, France or other genuine big teams stretching back to Euro 96 probably.

They get past Argentina because Pekerman decide to give them all the impetus, I don't see Italy trying that and failing and Italy has been good at getting goals and controlling games.

France Portugal is, believe it or not, a toss-up. Portugal should lose but if they get a goal up France will have a tough time. Scolari is a good manager and he will have something in store for that French left side. Zidane vs Figo will be nice to see.

how tings mr jdb, yuh coming for de bana sweat bredda?

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 09:46:57 PM »
What yuh basing yuh predictions on? Is it current form, history or the individual talents of the players? I does look at team form, and consistency at de moment. Some people does see a uniform and start having throw back memories without looking at de current team's mold.

France peaking at de right time.  Dem looking de most dangerous to me.  I said so even before de Brazil game although I expected Brazil to win today.  I was like who is dat team in de yellow pajamas out there today.  Ronaldo running round looking like Barry Bonds #2.  Barthez nearly fall asleep in de goal.  The question mark with de French is how long can dem older legs carry them in dat stifling heat. Their opponent in de semis is a lot younger and will have most of their pieces back.  Deco and Costinha will be well rested.  The Portuguese are hanging in there and have had the toughest opponents on a back to back basis so far in de knock out stage.  Man cyah dismiss Portugal so after dey send England and Holland home.  De Germans have been consistent and have home support.  Italy is a question mark.  Can they do it?  Sure they can.  But dey could find themselves on de plane just as easily as Brazil, Holland, England and Argentina.  They were not exactly convincing vs the U.S. and Australia.  Dey beat Ukraine 3-0 but how many times Ukraine hit de woodwork?  Not a good sign.  Dey have had de easiest route to de semis.  True dey beat Ghana and an injury depleted Czech Republic but the fact is dey still in it and anything can happen in football as we saw dis weekend.  I not convinced about Italy yet but dat is jes my opinion.  They are de dark horse and dey have a tough assignment ahead against de hosts.  I go say it again...if is penalties or extra time...yuh done know who is the favorite to go through.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 12:14:44 AM by Savannah boy »

1]; } ?>