April 30, 2024, 02:52:25 PM

Author Topic: ‘Gally’ slams Leo’s no show.  (Read 23596 times)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: ‘Gally’ slams Leo’s no show.
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2006, 03:12:20 PM »
That is one of them things that even if you think it, you can't say, because the regular man who scrunting who will not see a million in he lifetime go watch you and reduce what u did to its bare minimums, he not going to see the representation, the ambassadorship, the tourist benefits, the flag-flying, because he wasn't there to see it.

He will see

1. You all score nothing
2. You all win nothing
3. You all came home after round 1
4. You vex over a million dollars and a national medal.

And that, is going to rub him the wrong way.   I really hope no-one ent really quoted saying that, and is just a misunderstanding, especially INCE who didn't see a minute in Germany

....wha dis hah to do wid the topic 'Gally slams Leo's no show'.....
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2006, 03:27:19 PM »
f**k off gally    with yuh local based stupid BSC idiotic ways

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2006, 03:54:16 PM »
Why is it that men jumping on Gally so. I ent find he do nothing worng. He just gave his opinion, isnt that what we all do and have been doing all the time before during and after the world cup ?
He gave his opinion on an emotional topic at an emotional time (just off the plane from Germany)

All the man say is that he thinks that Leo should have come back....so what ...big deal..that is just his opinion !!!

Our mentality is that somebody always have something to say and everybody does be vex when we say it. Nobody does remember that the shoe does be on the other foot at some time and somebody will not like out opinion.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2006, 04:23:05 PM »
One setah alyuh f..kers up in here does jes wa f..kup ah man thoughts.

Alyuh hear meh and hear meh good.....

Gally Cummings could talk all he want about wa going on in tnt because it eh have another Trinidadian in here who love TNT more than Gally. When Gally open he mouth and say something is from he heart and isah true love for he ppl. Some ah  Alyuh wasn't even around when de strike Squad was biggin up de place. So de johnnies come lately an alyuh shushhhhhh.................

All who was bigging up Jack Warner as ah hero in here las November shouldn't even begin to utter a word  on Gally because yuh just showing that yuh ignorant on the happenings on footbal in trini.

Gally is an ambassador and should be treated with great respect for what he has done for his ppl. Is only because of TTFF and dey f..kery and ah few other things that cause he not to have taken the strike squad to Italy. But that is something else.

Have some respect for ah man who put he soul out there for he country. 

GALLY YOU ISAH BOSS.

Hold it dong !
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2006, 04:27:26 PM »
everybody get 3 and 4 chances to coach de national team but Cummings. I mean Bertille got about 3 chances.. Cornmeal get fire and rehire twice without even coaching de team...  De coach for St Vincent (I forget he name)  ..he got fired about 3 times..what about shabazz ? ) Cummings took a bunch of locals and almost got us into de world cup .. He f**ked up in de last game and was never called back.... I feal Warner have sumthin personal against him..Maybe Cummins and Manning is good friends or sumthin..
warmonga..
I backing Cummings for our next coach..
I honestly will love to see Cummings coach a carribean country..St Vincent, St Kitts or even Suriname.. He coud do good for there football wid his time spent here in de U.S.. Talk yu talk fada I aint saying yu right but talk yu talk..

Black Lives Matter..

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2006, 05:39:01 PM »
all yur check that why there was that stupid horse and pony show in 89 with that nonsense bus ride up to the game when we should been in staying some where in port of spain, look cummings who had your chance, please wash yur foot n go in yur bed thanks for your service stop, till we need you again

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2006, 07:44:36 PM »
Give Gally a Youth team to coach- I still believe that he can contribute.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2006, 08:12:11 PM »
One setah alyuh f..kers up in here does jes wa f..kup ah man thoughts.

Alyuh hear meh and hear meh good.....

Gally Cummings could talk all he want about wa going on in tnt because it eh have another Trinidadian in here who love TNT more than Gally. When Gally open he mouth and say something is from he heart and isah true love for he ppl. Some ah  Alyuh wasn't even around when de strike Squad was biggin up de place. So de johnnies come lately an alyuh shushhhhhh.................

All who was bigging up Jack Warner as ah hero in here las November shouldn't even begin to utter a word  on Gally because yuh just showing that yuh ignorant on the happenings on footbal in trini.

Gally is an ambassador and should be treated with great respect for what he has done for his ppl. Is only because of TTFF and dey f..kery and ah few other things that cause he not to have taken the strike squad to Italy. But that is something else.

Have some respect for ah man who put he soul out there for he country. 

GALLY YOU ISAH BOSS.

Hold it dong !

So wiat a second.....nobody deny that de man is a die hard Trinbagonian or have T&T flag tattoo on he flikkin heart.

So wha yuh sayin....is because he is a patriot and loyal servant peeps mus remain quiet when he open he mout and solid waste emerge?

To say he torkin TATA when he torkin TATA is somehow disrespeckin de man?

Tank GOD fuh Beenie yes....because alyuh so woulda go dong fightin dah a Trini know bess lyrics and den it wouldn't have flikkin no welcome to come back home to....jes de usual gum bumpers and beak flappers chattin a setta dotishness bout how makin WC go never happen in we lifetime.

Allyuh have good intentions and wrong execution.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 08:24:58 PM »
everybody get 3 and 4 chances to coach de national team but Cummings. I mean Bertille got about 3 chances.. Cornmeal get fire and rehire twice without even coaching de team...  De coach for St Vincent (I forget he name)  ..he got fired about 3 times..what about shabazz ? ) Cummings took a bunch of locals and almost got us into de world cup .. He f**ked up in de last game and was never called back.... I feal Warner have sumthin personal against him..Maybe Cummins and Manning is good friends or sumthin..
warmonga..
I honestly will love to see Cummings coach a carribean country..St Vincent, St Kitts or even Suriname.. He coud do good for there football wid his time spent here in de U.S.. Talk yu talk fada I aint saying yu right but talk yu talk..

Wait nuh das you Warmonga?  How yuh lorse yuh Jakan accent dry so?

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 08:28:40 PM »
It should be a time to build on what has been accomplished, not cause internal rifts.  Shame on Gally

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2006, 09:22:34 PM »
warmonga..

arrow I aint know man does hear mi when mi type on mi keyboard .. link mi , mi wah Know how dat does happen. I know is only type mi typing mi nuh know sey a hear yu hearing mi now.. dat is bran new fi mi... wah type a technology yu have innah yu PC? like dat is some new software dem a sell now.. link mi so mi could purchase sum of dat software so when A certain member typing I could figure out if he is A man or A oman (since A certain member a trace like pantyman innah this forum)
mi gone..
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2006, 09:29:19 PM »
f**k off gally    with yuh local based stupid BSC idiotic ways
SM wid all due respect for a man like you who loves TNT fotball so much I am  shock to see dat comment by you..Then again maybe you was to smalll to see de tears dat dat Nov 19th game left in our eyes and what Cummings did wid a bunch of no name players.. ..\ at dat time Cummings had nothing to go wid.. who from fareign wanted to play for Trinidad eh? we had no one ..we know no one. because of Cummings the dream was kept alive for Dwight and latapy to enter this world cup and put us where we have been waiting for since dat Haiti Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I honestly felt dat,  you of all person will show respect to our OWN people!!!!!!!
war gone..

Black Lives Matter..

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2006, 09:34:14 PM »
First of all, let me say that I have great respect for Everal Gally Cummings. I believe, as many as you do, he is one of the best local footballers of all time and perhaps even one of the best local coaches of all time (He took a local, home grown side, refused to use any foreign base players and nearly got us to the World Cup).

However, Gally should understand that it is Beenhakker's choice to choose if he wants to come or not. Beenhakker has come, done his job and achieved his objectives. It is up to Beenhakker to decide if he wants to come back for the cermonies or go back to Holland.

Gally should not criticise the man for his choice. Beenhakker has done his job.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2006, 09:57:32 PM »
fellas keep saying dat cummings refuse fareign players in our stike squad.. Can someone name theese players for me. Iwill really like to know of who theese big time fareign born players we had at dat time dat Cummings refuse.... maybe there kids could represent our country now..
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 10:00:51 PM »
warmonga..

arrow I aint know man does hear mi when mi type on mi keyboard .. link mi , mi wah Know how dat does happen. I know is only type mi typing mi nuh know sey a hear yu hearing mi now.. dat is bran new fi mi... wah type a technology yu have innah yu PC? like dat is some new software dem a sell now.. link mi so mi could purchase sum of dat software so when A certain member typing I could figure out if he is A man or A oman (since A certain member a trace like pantyman innah this forum)
mi gone..
warmonga..

Didn't take you long to get back to incomprehensible

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2006, 10:05:39 PM »
One of these foreign based players he refused to play was David Nakhid. He had just signed on to play in the MLS under the New England Revolution Club. He wanted to play for the Strike Squad but Gally refused because he beliveved that it would have interfered with the chemistry of the Strike Squad.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2006, 10:12:20 PM »
One of these foreign based players he refused to play was David Nakhid. He had just signed on to play in the MLS under the New England Revolution Club. He wanted to play for the Strike Squad but Gally refused because he beliveved that it would have interfered with the chemistry of the Strike Squad.

Is this the same MLS that started playing in 1996  ???

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2006, 10:14:30 PM »
latent gave mi sum correct info nuh dread.. MLS wasnt up and running when Cummings tell nakhid to haul he ass.. MLS started after the 1994 world cup dat was hosted in de USA..
is true Nakhid was a star player at dat time when Cummings tell him to haul his ass.. He was also a citizen for sum arabian country and no way he was going to play in front of star bwoy latapy..also Nakhid mouth to flicking hot..
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2006, 10:15:42 PM »
Well, I do not think that it was called the MLS at the time, but he was playing in the American league at the time just before he went to Scotland. Sorry, I did not mean to type MLS. America did possess a league at the time. Remember Pele played in the American league at some time. I think the team Pele played for was call Metro Stars, I think.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2006, 04:36:13 AM »

Well, I do not think that it was called the MLS at the time, but he was playing in the American league at the time just before he went to Scotland. Sorry, I did not mean to type MLS. America did possess a league at the time. Remember Pele played in the American league at some time. I think the team Pele played for was call Metro Stars, I think.

At the time of the Strike Squad, Nakhid was playing for Grasshoppers in Sweden.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2006, 05:30:29 AM »

Tallman yuh slipping  ;) Grasshoppers is a Swiss club

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2006, 06:09:59 AM »

Unlike de masses , Gally puts Beenhakker as an equal , wrong or right , so he say he thing an if yuh really think about it there was no real reason given by Beenhakker why he did not come back to TT with the team. So maybe there was a lil dis there.
But doh get too vex with Gally an cuss him , remember he went from hero to zero in '89 an  some who was on dat ride will remember dat.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2006, 06:20:19 AM »
like gally have sour grapes,like he wha beenie job

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2006, 06:24:54 AM »
beenie is sixty-something yrs old. leave him alone if he cant make all these long trips.

When yuh flying business class ?

And dat is ah lame excuse. If he had say dat he want de team to be honored without him as a distraction then fine.

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2006, 06:35:34 AM »
Quote from: Tallman link=topic=18336.msg188281#msg188281
[quote
Yeah, he was playing for Grasshoppers in the Swiss 1st division being coached by one  Mr. Leo Beenhakker. Allyuh might of heard of him.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2006, 06:49:26 AM »
I was just a lad at the time of the stirke squad but by all accounts they were special team. I always belive in honouring those who excelled so I wouldn't even try to devalue the achievements of that team. However I can't help but feel that eveytime this Cummings fella talks he spews a load of the most pungent stuff. Ok if its his opinion that the coach should have been here I wouldn't get carried away by that. The tone of it however comes across as bitter and overstated.

Furthermore I would like to disagree with the honourable coach's assertion that we were too defensive. Perhaps Mr Cummings did not see that even playing backs to wall defense did not prevent England from creating and  subsequently missing at least 4 sitters. The same can be said of the Sweden contest albeit in smaller numbers.  Imagine what the scoreline could have been. We played counter attack in the first 2 games and were it not for some key saves from defenders and the absence of a little luck we would have scored. and everyone saw the last game we attacked and just didn't happen but dais football.

Here is my opinion on local coaches. Until the day all of these talkers could actually find a pro-league team to coach and have team qualify to the concacaf Championship and consistently produce results against those teams then we could them seriously. I'm sorry to sound like this but we can't expect to play Champagne football with a Mauby coach. I heard Gally on the radio a few months before Leo took the job saying that football hadn't changed in terms of speed, tactics or strategy in the last 20 years. I couldn't belive what I was hearing. I'm no elder but I've seen enough football to know that nothing could be further from the truth. I felt bad not only for him but for every other coach in Trinidad. After all Gally is supposed to be an elder statesman in his trade. 

Offline brucekeros

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2006, 07:53:46 AM »
gally is ah madman, by the way tallman ah from elizabeth st boy in cocoyea by clark dem.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2006, 07:57:51 AM »
I was just a lad at the time of the stirke squad but by all accounts they were special team. I always belive in honouring those who excelled so I wouldn't even try to devalue the achievements of that team. However I can't help but feel that eveytime this Cummings fella talks he spews a load of the most pungent stuff. Ok if its his opinion that the coach should have been here I wouldn't get carried away by that. The tone of it however comes across as bitter and overstated.

Furthermore I would like to disagree with the honourable coach's assertion that we were too defensive. Perhaps Mr Cummings did not see that even playing backs to wall defense did not prevent England from creating and  subsequently missing at least 4 sitters. The same can be said of the Sweden contest albeit in smaller numbers.  Imagine what the scoreline could have been. We played counter attack in the first 2 games and were it not for some key saves from defenders and the absence of a little luck we would have scored. and everyone saw the last game we attacked and just didn't happen but dais football.

Here is my opinion on local coaches. Until the day all of these talkers could actually find a pro-league team to coach and have team qualify to the concacaf Championship and consistently produce results against those teams then we could them seriously. I'm sorry to sound like this but we can't expect to play Champagne football with a Mauby coach. I heard Gally on the radio a few months before Leo took the job saying that football hadn't changed in terms of speed, tactics or strategy in the last 20 years. I couldn't belive what I was hearing. I'm no elder but I've seen enough football to know that nothing could be further from the truth. I felt bad not only for him but for every other coach in Trinidad. After all Gally is supposed to be an elder statesman in his trade. 

LOL.

yuh should meet Gally, allyuh going tuh have a time wid de kicks

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2006, 11:22:23 AM »
beenie is sixty-something yrs old. leave him alone if he cant make all these long trips.

When yuh flying business class ?

And dat is ah lame excuse. If he had say dat he want de team to be honored without him as a distraction then fine.

Fish, patner... I think this question of allegiance would best be answered if Beenie stays with us... otherwise now is probably best let fellahz slug it out... and really.. yuh must admit... it would have been better for Cummings to keep it to himself... I know he did alot for us... but we all know hes bitting for the job and really... hes not making himself looking any better when he is obviously looking for any and every reason to take a chomp at Beenhakker...

I thought Beenie made a few mistakes in our Campaign too... but the facts are clear...

The man has done so much for us that I think it would be unfair to hit him so hard in such a celebratory time.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2006, 12:45:20 PM »
I am personally happy that Beenie took us to the World Cup. We can finally put to rest the ghost of that Strike Squad that has haunted not only T&T football but sport in general.

While the strike squad were my first generation of heroes; it was time they become part of T&T past. Prior to this year the failure of strike squad just hung around us like a plague. Every failure by T&T athlete was puntuated with November 19th.

Gally represents part of the past who failed pure and simple. We have learned and moved on. We are considerably more talented and professional in our approach.

It is time we move on past that failure of the Strike Squad that has become a stain on T&T football.

The Soca Warriors under Leo has done that. Job well done Leo.

Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

1]; } ?>