41 (57.7%)
No
1 (1.4%)
Maybe
2 (2.8%)
Only with good prep
27 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: CONCACAF seeded teams for 2010.  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
CONCACAF seeded teams for 2010.
« on: July 03, 2006, 04:07:55 AM »
I think the 4 world cup teams will be seeded in the group of 16 for the 2010 qualifiers. I think qualifiers starts back in March 2008 (less than 2 years away) ? Going through all the qualifiers can help your team, I hate to get seeded and our team will be lacking preparations as the TTFF may not have them playing regular until the actual qualifiers start back (is de TTFF we talking about), by that time teams such as Honduras, Haiti, Cuba, Canada, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama and Jamaica will be in they prime.

Who might be T&T's best option.

GROUP A

MEX

GROUP B

USA

GROUP C

TRI

GROUP D

CRC

Our Under 21 fail to even get pass the Caribbean stage this year and they suppose to be some of our 2010 players. So something is missing badly, no great talent in the pipelines for T&T, then again, Ron LaForest wasn't to bright.

OTHER TEAMS:

Bermuda, Honduras, Netherland Anthlies, Dominica, Canada, Barbados, Suriname, Guatemala, Panama, Guyana, Grenada, Cayman Island, Dominican Rep, El Salvador, St Lucia, Haiti, Jamaica, Antigua & Barbuda, St Vincent, Cuba, USVI, Montserrat, Belize and St Kitts.

POSSIBLE 12 TEAMS COMING OUT:

Honduras, Netherland Anthlies, Canada, Barbados, Suriname, Guatemala, Panama, Grenada, El Salvador, Haiti, Jamaica and Cuba.

FINAL HEX

The final Hex should be move up from 6 to 8 teams. 2 teams qualifing from each group. Instead of having 3 groups of 12 teams and then 6 teams qualifying for the Hex like before.

x- 1
x- 2
x- 3
y- 4
o- 5
o- 4
o- 7
o- 8

The way CONCACAF have it now is 3 groups with 4 teams, if it stays like this then 2 seeded 2006 WC teams will end up in the same group, unless they do 4 groups with 3 teams each and have the top team coming out with the runner up A v B and C v D play off spot for the final 2 teams to join the 4 Hex teams equaling 6 final teams.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 05:20:24 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: CONCACAF seeded teams for 2010.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 04:50:20 AM »
add Antigua & Barbuda to that list they better than Montserrat, sorry M'rat people :D

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 06:58:04 AM »
Sam the under 21 has a coaching problem for sure fix that and we safe?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 07:02:59 AM »
Cuba will be very tough, as will be Haiti.

And we have been owned by Jamaica for the past decade!

Making it to the hex will be tougher next go around as Jamaica will be gunning for us and Haiti and Cuba  have  very promising teams also!

Then there is Canada and Hounduras who one day will finally live up to their expectations.

Look out for Panama and Guatamala also!

Add Costa Rica and USA and Mexico to the mix and that automatic spot becomes very difficult all of a sudden!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 07:03:54 AM »
The 21's not that bad.. They are trainable not beyond help... need to start with them ASAP..

We will qualify for 2010..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 07:40:34 AM »
Since CONCACAF  has 3.5 spots should the final group  should consist of 8 teams? the final octagonal  round ;D . There will be more games and more competiiton but  it will only add to the excitment.

I just have a feeling they may do that ;D

there should be no play the final round
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 07:54:21 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 07:49:48 AM »
There were no seeded teams last WCQ if i rmember correctly.  USA mexico and costa rica all had to play Grenada, Dominica and Cuba respectively.

So, there still will be at least an opening round.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 08:41:07 AM »
Since CONCACAF  has 3.5 spots should the final group  should consist of 8 teams? the final octagonal  round ;D . There will be more games and more competiiton but  it will only add to the excitment.

I just have a feeling they may do that ;D

there should be no play the final round
That would be nice but more problems for the players that are based overseas when they try to get released for games.
more games = more hassel.

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 10:34:35 AM »
There were no seeded teams last WCQ if i rmember correctly.  USA mexico and costa rica all had to play Grenada, Dominica and Cuba respectively.

So, there still will be at least an opening round.

yes they had seeded teams.

and T&T were a seeded team.

In fact the seeded teams were USA Mexico, Jamaica Hounduras T&T, and Costa Rica.  I be;eive it was based on the Hex prior WC qualifying!  Maybe Canada was also ah seed as dem was Gold Cup champs. I cyar really rememebr all de seeds.

So if they keep the same format then we will again be seeded.

teams like Grenada and dem ahd tuh play Guyana and a few other teams to make it after first rounds play.  den dey get grouped in  with seeded teams.

http://www.concacaf.com/viewCompetition.asp?id=174
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 10:48:52 AM by truetrini »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 05:26:19 PM »
I think the 4 world cup teams will be seeded in the group of 16 for the 2010 qualifiers. I think qualifiers starts back in March 2008 (less than 2 years away) ? Going through all the qualifiers can help your team, I hate to get seeded and our team will be lacking preparations as the TTFF may not have them playing regular until the actual qualifiers start back (is de TTFF we talking about), by that time teams such as Honduras, Haiti, Cuba, Canada, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama and Jamaica will be in they prime.

Who might be T&T's best option.

GROUP A

MEX

GROUP B

USA

GROUP C

TRI

GROUP D

CRC

Our Under 21 fail to even get pass the Caribbean stage this year and they suppose to be some of our 2010 players. So something is missing badly, no great talent in the pipelines for T&T, then again, Ron LaForest wasn't to bright.

OTHER TEAMS:

Bermuda, Honduras, Netherland Anthlies, Dominica, Canada, Barbados, Suriname, Guatemala, Panama, Guyana, Grenada, Cayman Island, Dominican Rep, El Salvador, St Lucia, Haiti, Jamaica, Antigua & Barbuda, St Vincent, Cuba, USVI, Montserrat, Belize and St Kitts.

POSSIBLE 12 TEAMS COMING OUT:

Honduras, Netherland Anthlies, Canada, Barbados, Suriname, Guatemala, Panama, Grenada, El Salvador, Haiti, Jamaica and Cuba.

FINAL HEX

The final Hex should be move up from 6 to 8 teams. 2 teams qualifing from each group. Instead of having 3 groups of 12 teams and then 6 teams qualifying for the Hex like before.

x- 1
x- 2
x- 3
y- 4
o- 5
o- 4
o- 7
o- 8

The way CONCACAF have it now is 3 groups with 4 teams, if it stays like this then 2 seeded 2006 WC teams will end up in the same group, unless they do 4 groups with 3 teams each and have the top team coming out with the runner up A v B and C v D play off spot for the final 2 teams to join the 4 Hex teams equaling 6 final teams.

Its kind of difficult to talk about the qualification system untilwe know how many berths we're going to have...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 07:42:41 AM »
Dont see why they will take our half spot away and give it to who ? Asia is worst than us and the others have enough already. To hell with Max Bretos and South America as they to didn't do to good, they have 2 quality teams also (Brazil & Argentina), Europe have about 4 good teams and Africa have 3, so everybody deserve what they get, 3.5 is good enough for concacaf. Now go with my idea and place 8 teams in the final HEX, make it interesting.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 07:53:33 AM by Flex »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 10:01:04 AM »
hoss is 3 groups.... de top 2 of each group goes into the hex..... they will never make 4 groups to satisfy tnt

so we will be in USA or Mexico or Costa Rica's group..... if yuh want to be seeded come in d top 3...   and d reason we not seeded is dat we didnt hire beenie from d start of d hex

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 10:41:49 AM »
Far beyond the under 21's we have capable replacements such as Andre Toussaint and Kendall Davis and a host of other players from the last glory days of intercol. These guys are capable of playing on the big stage all Wim (hopefully) needs to do is give them a chance. I believe the next crop will come from and can come from a mixture of the past under 23's current under 23's under 21's and the current secondary school squads we nee the mixture.

We can make it again I'm assured again but are we as a people going to write the team off as we did with the current squad before the win over Mexico. The guys needour support so the initative by OG to adopt a club needs to be supported by all WN and SW members and friends

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 05:29:51 PM »
Dont see why they will take our half spot away and give it to who ? Asia is worst than us and the others have enough already. To hell with Max Bretos and South America as they to didn't do to good, they have 2 quality teams also (Brazil & Argentina), Europe have about 4 good teams and Africa have 3, so everybody deserve what they get, 3.5 is good enough for concacaf. Now go with my idea and place 8 teams in the final HEX, make it interesting.

Hoss your opinions and fifa's are 2 different things.

Asia is worst than us, but Australia is part of Asia from now on and adding that to the equation, they become at least just as good. In any case, with Asia you shouldn't forget the China factor (Saudi arabia may be crap, but FIFA wants to keep their spot safe for China to grab at some point).
Both of these factors going to ensure they keep that 4.5 imo.
In other words, ideally FIFA wants Japan, South Korea, China and Australia, the .5 spot should make sure that any one of those who fouls up will be saved.

South america maybe have only 2 quality teams, but since we have 32 teams in a world cup they advance at least 3 of them (Paraguay and Chile in 98, Paraguay in 2002, Ecuador in 2006). Thats pretty consistent and justifies them keeping their 4.5.
Ideally FIFA wants Brazil, Argentina, and 2 other random countries. They'll be happy if south america loses the playoffs but they can't justify not giving it to them.

Europe have 4 good teams? um I'm assuming you talking about the 4 semifinalists right? whiich means you don't consider the Netherlands, England, Spain or any of the 3 other teams they usually advance as good teams? The fact of the matter is Europe usually advances 10 teams and seeing their strong showing this time around, there is no case for them losing spots. As a matter of fact just the fact that they won't be the host next time around pleads for them to get 14 full spots
Ideally, FIFA wants Germany, Italy, France, England, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, one scandinavian country, Russia, 1 'emerging eastern european country. After UEFA makes noise they're usually forced to add to that list 1 fringe european country with great potential for development (turkey), 2  traditional but fading force (Belgium and Poland),  1 great 'travelling fan' country (Ireland),

Concacaf had it awful and since the 32 team WC, we've basically only had 1 good year - 2002. The awful showing by Costa Rica hurt us really badly. 2 spots are guaranteed, a third migt be given on the merit that Trinidad could make progress/Costa Rica could rebound/Honduras can be a handul if they qualify etc but explaining leaving us with that half spot is going to take all of JW's negociating skills, and to be quite honest, I doubt he will fight down the issue now that he can 'move on to other things'

Ideally FIFA just want USA and Mexico. A third spot is really just in the hope that Canada wakes up some day, or to tap into the central american market

The big question though is Africa. They advance 1 team out of 5 every time, but this team changes. The fact that South africa is going to be the host this time and they didn't even qualify is going to play in the balance. I can see FIFA giving South Africa an extra half spot (Concacaf's) on the premise that they want Cameroon, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana, one of Egypt/Tunisia/Morocco as well as South Africa represented

What may decide the question is if Oceania without australia keeps its half spot or if its winner is simply integrated into another confed's qualifying (probably asia's) If it keeps it, we lose it. if it doesn't we keep ours.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 08:25:39 AM »
Only Europe, Australia and South America (kinda) did good in 2006 WC, so de bottom line, why will they take away our half spot.

PS: Anybody know any 2010 CONCACAF stars other than T&T ? Like teams we have to play who is they raising up and coming stars.

I know USA and MEX might have a good few, that Clint Dempsey fella real good and ah not sure if Adu might go to Ghana still, ah know Mexico have a good youth but ah forget he name he play real good in de under 20 championship last year, he had long curley hair. Cuba and Haiti have a old team ah I eh hear nothing about new stars on they side, Costa Rica and Guatemala to, Canada have some good youths, but they always play bad at senior level and Jamaica have a few decent foreign born to, even though they never eat Akie and Saltfish and play bear foot in de hot sun, they might still play decent.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 08:35:41 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 05:26:54 PM »
Sam - Haiti have a good striker call Jean Philippe Peguero watch out for him and a youth Bridece Azor playing for Sampdoria Reserves, he was born in Haiti but adopted by a french couple that raise him in Morocco.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:28:46 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 06:01:31 PM »
Sam - Haiti have a youth Bridece Azor playing for Sampdoria Reserves, he was born in Haiti but adopted by a french couple that raise him in Morocco.

Yes, but the question is who he go end up playing for  ???

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 02:15:31 PM »
 Sam I believe we would be seeded for the Gold Cup every year Canada get seeded I don’t know why since we qualified for the World Cup we have to be seeded
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 05:50:16 PM »

The under 21 team should not necessarily be the first place to look for the 2010 World Cup squad.  There are local and foreign players who are ahead of them in maturity and ability at this moment but were not of the grade to make the 2006 squad.  With the right mix of International friendlies and proper coaching, we might find another Cyd Gray or two.  Yuh never know.

On that note, this World Cup experience has proven to me that a team playing in a very good coaching system (and disciplined environment) beats a very talented group of individuals just playing ball like we did in the past.  So the results of any of our junior teams does not necessarily give me any indication on the talent level or ability of the players when I take into consideration who has been coaching these teams and under what conditions.  The pipeline might have some good pieces for future campaigns.  We must do everything to ensure that the lessons learnt from this 2006 World Cup experience are not lost but firmly engrained into our football program.

Blessings.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 08:58:34 AM »
The big question though is Africa. They advance 1 team out of 5 every time, but this team changes. The fact that South africa is going to be the host this time and they didn't even qualify is going to play in the balance. I can see FIFA giving South Africa an extra half spot (Concacaf's) on the premise that they want Cameroon, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana, one of Egypt/Tunisia/Morocco as well as South Africa represented

Isn't the host spot usually an additional spot?  In that case your CAF scenario is possible under the current conditions.  5 regular spots plus 1 host.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 09:03:46 AM »

Isn't the host spot usually an additional spot?  In that case your CAF scenario is possible under the current conditions.  5 regular spots plus 1 host.
Nah it's usually one less spot...only for S. korea and Japan they messed up because of the double hosts so that screwed things up a lil bit.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>