March 29, 2024, 03:40:46 AM

Author Topic: England vs Portugal  (Read 57271 times)

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England vs Portugal
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2006, 03:13:24 PM »
I am over the moon that these over hyped, over paid, no skilled players are out!

HA HA HA HA HA HA  :rotfl:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2006, 03:23:35 PM »
Some England fan reaction from the Chelsea message board...

"I'm not blaming riccy (Carvalho), rooney definately landed on him but it wasn't malicious. riccy went down where rooney's foot was landing. if you're off balance it's difficult to control where you land, it was 99.9% unavoidable. imvho it wasn't even a foul, if anything it was an england free-kick.

though all that said rooney wouldn't have gone if it wasn't for that cheating, ugly, queer, merchant banker, berkshire hunt, fagend, jack sprat the fake ronaldo! and i hope we give him absolute hell at the bridge next year!

i can accept defeat, but not when we're cheated, couldn't expect anymore from an argie merchant banker though, nation of cheats!"

If you not delusional yuh not a football fan.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2006, 03:31:25 PM »
for real dread
wayyyy :-\

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2006, 03:46:48 PM »
i think the hurtful part being a manchester fan is seeing ronaldo run over to push for a red card...i think that ticked rooney...

Wouldn't you if yuh see yuh teammate get stamp in de groin from de opponent?  You really feel Man U garnerin more loyalty from Ronaldo dan Portugal in such a setting?

oh come on he eh stamp him purposely...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2006, 03:49:28 PM »
i think the hurtful part being a manchester fan is seeing ronaldo run over to push for a red card...i think that ticked rooney...

Wouldn't you if yuh see yuh teammate get stamp in de groin from de opponent?  You really feel Man U garnerin more loyalty from Ronaldo dan Portugal in such a setting?

Even if he didn't...me eh know how you could determine dat given Rooney's history of thuggery on the field...

Yuh does still go to jail fuh manslaughter.

Yuh still responsible fuh yuh chile if de condom break.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2006, 03:52:27 PM »

Even if he didn't...me eh know how you could determine dat given Rooney's history of thuggery on the field...

Yuh does still go to jail fuh manslaughter.

Yuh still responsible fuh yuh chile if de condom break.

but just watching the replay you could see it...he was fighting for the ball between 2 men...nobody had control and the man get the stamp in between that...even with his history is not like he was on his worst behaviour for this world cup?...rooney to me has toned down alot...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2006, 03:55:13 PM »
Excellent article from the Guardian in the UK:

Don't blame Ronaldo
As always, England fans are fingering the wrong man.
Rob SmythJuly 1, 2006 07:35 PM
So we have our pantomime villain. He's a pretty boy, he's foreign, he's cunning and conniving. He's perfect. But as always, millions of distraught England fans have fingered the wrong man in Cristiano Ronaldo. If you take away all the bluster and barely suppressed xenophobia, there are are only two people to blame for the incident that will define England's exit: Wayne Rooney and, to a lesser extent, the referee Horatio Elizondo.

Throughout the tournament, and particularly after being substituted against Sweden, Rooney has been giving an increasingly disquieting homage to the 1991 Paul Gascoigne, who ruined his career in 15 minutes of maniacal madness in the FA Cup final. Rooney was an accident waiting to happen, he stamped on Ricardo Carvalho deliberately and recklessly and, whether he was sent off for that or the push that followed, his actions jeopardised an increasingly dominant England side.

What exactly was Ronaldo supposed to do? Rooney stamped on a team-mate of his. Was he supposed to stand and admire it? Chuckle at the bulldog spirit of his Manchester United colleague? If Ronaldo had stamped on Gary Neville in similar circumstances and Rooney had piled in, we'd have salivated over the all-for-one-one-for-all spirit of England. That's all Ronaldo did. He was then pushed by Rooney, a gesture which he didn't seek to magnify by going down, and the ref decided to send Rooney off. That's the ref's fault for overreacting quite pathetically to the push, not Ronaldo's.

It's not nice to see players talking to referees in such circumstances, but it's a fact of life and the notion that this is somehow more contemptible that deliberately stamping on a man's testicles is narrow-minded English nonsense. Besides, Ronaldo did not wave an imaginary card; we don't even know what he said to the referee.

Ronaldo's knowing wink after Rooney went off was not especially edifying, but then this was hardly a Diego Simeone-style set-up, so if he was winking to anyone it was as likely to be out of nervousness or a misplaced eagerness to please than to be the action of a criminal mastermind smugly acknowledging the brilliance of his sting. Yes he pouted provocatively after he scored the winning goal; so did Andy Moller in 1996; so would you if you won a penalty shoot-out in those circumstances.

Similarly, the stuff before the game - Ronaldo playfully, maybe not playfully raking his head down the back of Rooney's - can be dismissed as an interesting aside in the context of the alleged frostiness between the two at Old Trafford. It is nothing more, and it certainly is not responsible for Rooney's increasingly demented approach to the game. If anyone deserves to take the blame then it's Rooney and the ref, not Ronaldo.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2006, 03:57:31 PM »
i watchin this over...i eh seeing the deliberate stamp people talking about...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2006, 04:01:04 PM »
Perhaps you need to view the incident with an objective set of eyes.

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2006, 04:03:28 PM »

i cyah be more critical nah...i fed up cuss rooney in my mind...but i go take it how it is...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2006, 04:05:20 PM »
anyone here watching the game realize that if miguel had a ras, shythound crouch woulda score a next header today???

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2006, 04:17:27 PM »

i cyah be more critical nah...i fed up cuss rooney in my mind...but i go take it how it is...

Actually you could be a lot more critical than coming on a message board to conjure excuses for Rooney's indiscretion.

And Ato quotes a good article there. Last time Beckham was the villian until he become a hero and  they start to blame Simeone. Like dis rounds Rooney is being completely absolved from day one and Ronaldo is a villian.

He will get real stick in England this year.

Crouch should be glad he doesn't play in the PFL.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2006, 04:25:16 PM »
Actually you could be a lot more critical than coming on a message board to conjure excuses for Rooney's indiscretion.

And Ato quotes a good article there. Last time Beckham was the villian until he become a hero and  they start to blame Simeone. Like dis rounds Rooney is being completely absolved from day one and Ronaldo is a villian.

That's a good shout.  Seein dat hardly anybody does go PFL...Crouch would be a wonderful crowd puller.  Ting is...after some inital picong...he would probably end up bein a hero.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2006, 04:31:24 PM »

true talk..

does trinidad get the same footage as the uk??

cause i was watching bbc's coverage here in london, and right after the rooney red card, they throw de jacket on ronaldo by replaying the following:

1. Ronaldo coming up to the referee asking for a card
2. Ronaldo winking going to the sideline
3. Ronaldo giving Rooney some ole talk before kick-off like they was trying to suggest he was taunting from de start

all of a sudden dey find all that footage away from de play!

all in all rooney knew what he did.. you would notice no one out of sven and all the england players claimed the sending off was wrong, they just said they hope they dont blame rooney or the penalty takers for the loss...

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2006, 04:33:52 PM »

i dont get your comming on the board and conjure up excuses line though...
i'm a warrior fan...this is a football forum...thas what we talking about...

i don't think rooney will suffer as much as beckham though...he definitly will get flack but nothing out of the normal...

this could would be a good lesson for him though...getting that temper under control without lossing his aggressive side in the game go be a task for him...

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2006, 04:35:09 PM »

true talk..

does trinidad get the same footage as the uk??

cause i was watching bbc's coverage here in london, and right after the rooney red card, they throw de jacket on ronaldo by replaying the following:

1. Ronaldo coming up to the referee asking for a card
2. Ronaldo winking going to the sideline
3. Ronaldo giving Rooney some ole talk before kick-off like they was trying to suggest he was taunting from de start

all of a sudden dey find all that footage away from de play!

all in all rooney knew what he did.. you would notice no one out of sven and all the england players claimed the sending off was wrong, they just said they hope they dont blame rooney or the penalty takers for the loss...

nah i read all that stuff online...i eh think we saw any of that...the ronaldo thingy there...

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2006, 04:39:34 PM »
anyone here watching the game realize that if miguel had a ras, shythound crouch woulda score a next header today???

HEAR NAH BRETHREN!! I thought I was the only man who spot that !!!! It was the SAME THING CROUCH HAD DO TO SANCHO!! Only differences, the referee wasn't an overwhelmed Japanese, Miguel didn't have a Ras, and Crouch header didn't connect to score a 'goal' !!

But I want video of that and compare it to the header he score against us!!!!
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2006, 04:42:04 PM »
why dont the english point the finger at players that pull someones hair

btw my opinion was that it was a foul, a clear foul. there should be no controversy. yes, sometimes players get away with it, but when you do it right in front of the referee, what do you expect?
Hart for president

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2006, 04:46:18 PM »

Hear nah, when Real had play Barca in La Liga, Roberto Carlos had made a challenge and Ronaldinho had come up to the referee and ask for a card.

As far as I know, they put all that behind them. And those are two compatriots, not JUST club mates. The referee is meant to be impartial and Rooney's behaviour (which was seemingly condoned by Ian Wright, Alan Shearer, Alan Hanson) was the determinant factor. As the Guardian article rightly says, England are always looking for scape goats!!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2006, 04:48:23 PM »
Watch nuh, a stamp to d balls is a red card, regardless of what went on before.

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2006, 04:49:01 PM »
English Excuses! I glad they on the next flight home.

Rooney is a hooligan with football skills. He deserved his red card.

And England deserved to go out. What have they added to this tournament???

I dare someone intelligent to find 5 positive things England showed the world in this WC.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2006, 04:50:19 PM »
All I know is I see some men with some big big name and big big salary play some big big PILES of ta ta this world cup.  Many of them are home, CUP less, too.

Is it just me, or Crouch could ah never play for Trinidad. Men (coaches too if they was local) would ah watch he and say nah nobody that obzockey and stupid looking cyar put on we jersey...what all yuh say? Crouch could start for we? lol

Rooney is just the lastest in a long line of big big English names who do well in club football and fail big big on the real stage.  He will not be as good as many predicting....no finesse.  
BORN TO DO IT

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2006, 04:50:45 PM »
Watch nuh, a stamp to d balls is a red card, regardless of what went on before.

Hear nah, I thought so too, but like hundreds of thousands of England fans seem to think that, the lil shove to Ronaldo seemed to move the decision from a yellow to a red and that is bollocks!! If a lil shove was a card, u know how much card sharing throughout a game!!!!??  STEUPS

Offline GyurlTrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2006, 05:00:25 PM »
All I know is I see some men with some big big name and big big salary play some big big PILES of ta ta this world cup.  Many of them are home, CUP less, too.

Is it just me, or Crouch could ah never play for Trinidad. Men (coaches too if they was local) would ah watch he and say nah nobody that obzockey and stupid looking cyar put on we jersey...what all yuh say? Crouch could start for we? lol

Rooney is just the lastest in a long line of big big English names who do well in club football and fail big big on the real stage.  He will not be as good as many predicting....no finesse. 

Daz tru ... I find if u hadda tackle, den tackle (& we all know daz inevitable), buh if u cyar get near enough 2 d ball, doh b stupid enough 2 do tings like grab & hold d other team members who closer 2 d ball & prevent dem from takin it - dat jus makin it more obvious dat dey's betta players dan u.
Luv Kat

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2006, 05:10:05 PM »

Yuh should hear what men used to say when Porters first started playing Lawrence. It is only this campaign that Lawrence stop getting abuse whenever he play a bad ball or misstrap a pass.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2006, 06:46:50 PM »

Yuh should hear what men used to say when Porters first started playing Lawrence. It is only this campaign that Lawrence stop getting abuse whenever he play a bad ball or misstrap a pass.
that is good talk...he used to get reaaaaaaal ole talk from de crowd bout how he too lanky for football and ting....
but i glad to see england have their villain...they go want to blame ronaldo who i was most surprised didnt overplay anything...overall de ref jus dish out wat he thought was fair....
Goodbye england ah not sad to see yuh go!
Back in Trini...

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2006, 07:29:38 PM »
Egland cry like b!tches when dey loss.We eh cry we take we 'pull dread goal'  in stride.They were getting way with treason on de field wid amount ah ta ta dey were playing and Ronaldo right this eh have nothing to do wid manure utd.Ppl saying he wrong, but supposing he see de stamp, and if so he  right to ask for a red card,to besides de ref have he own mind and he linesmen to advs him.
Wayne Rooney just came back from a severe injury and was'nt really in form,he has scored many goals on the international stage already at his age, this is his first WC so when someone says that he 'fail big big on the real stage' (what real stage? the WC is once every 4 years) they really don't know much about the game.I doh like England but Wayne Rooney is one ah de best strikers in the world.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2006, 07:40:41 PM »
I realize you out to go wherever I go and dissect my posts and take them out of context.  Nonetheless.  What I am saying is as much as the product "Rooney" was advertised as being their star, coming back from this injury to save England, the actual Rooney ent do too much, and today he was sent out with a red card and is now already home sulking - yes, IN HIS FIRST SHOWING ON THE BIG STAGE (WC), he failed.  Losing your cool with the world watching would constitute that, not just how much goals you score, if any.  If he wasn't ready as you say I am sure the population could have found someone to come do his job.  You don't get to show up and then say oh well I am just back from injury.  "Coming back" and being on the field means you are ready to handle business.

You and no-one else knows if this will be his last WORLD CUP.   No one is guaranteed to be at anything major in life ever again.  I say again, he has failed on a big big stage.  SO when you talking about who doh know what, the WORLD CUP is the big stage, even if you may find that EURO CUP or some other club championship or whatever is a big stage.  IT IS NOT THE BIG STAGE, which is what I said.  It is the ultimate for a footballer.

What stupidness you trying to talk?  The fact that it is ONLY HELD every four years MAKES it the big stage!  What else happens every 4 years that is not the big stage.

Big stage ent what you say, it's what the sport says.  Why is the WC such a big deal then?  You acting like is just some other tournament and oh he go have a next chance next week. Nonsense.

You like Rooney, good for you. Men like Henry.  I find they both just ok.  If you find that means u know football better than me, well so be it. 

THIS IS THE REAL STAGE - Like I said!  Everything else is a lesser stage. >:(
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 07:47:24 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2006, 07:46:03 PM »

I was over by ah english partner cheering for portugal. I find crouch is a long POS, but he real play nice in this game. More like the Southampton Crouch than the Liverpool Crouch.

Still, he try to pull man hair again, and se will always remain in my book a long POS. hard luck dey  Hengland, practice kicking yuh penalties away from the goalkeeper.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »
I realize you out to go wherever I go and dissect my posts and take them out of context.  Nonetheless.  What I am saying is as much as the product "Rooney" was advertised as being their star, coming back from this injury to save England, the actual Rooney ent do too much, and today he was sent out with a red card and is now already home sulking - yes, IN HIS FIRST SHOWING ON THE BIG STAGE (WC), he failed.  Losing your cool with the world watching would constitute that, not just how much goals you score, if any.  If he wasn't ready as you say I am sure the population could have found someone to come do his job.  You don't get to show up and then say oh well I am just back from injury.  "Coming back" and being on the field means you are ready to handle business.

You and no-one else knows if this will be his last WORLD CUP.   No one is guaranteed to be at anything major in life ever again.  I say again, he has failed on a big big stage.  SO when you talking about who doh know what, the WORLD CUP is the big stage, even if you may find that EURO CUP or some other club championship or whatever is a big stage.  IT IS NOT THE BIG STAGE, which is what I said.  It is the ultimate for a footballer.

What stupidness you trying to talk?  The fact that it is ONLY HELD every four years MAKES it the big stage!  What else happens every 4 years that is not the big stage.

Big stage ent what you say, it's what the sport says.  Why is the WC such a big deal then?  You acting like is just some other tournament and oh he go have a next chance next week. Nonsense.

You like Rooney, good for you. Men like Henry.  I find they both just ok.  If you find that means u know football better than me, well so be it. 

THIS IS THE REAL STAGE - Like I said!  Everything else is a lesser stage. >:(

Was yuh problem ....everyone know de WC is de biggest stage in football,who say anyone disputing that.But you want to judge and predict a deadly striker's, future  based on 5games,how much games you ever see Rooney play ? The best football is not always played at the WC case in point which wud you prefer to see or which do you think the most talent will be displayed in a EURO CUP final between Barcelona vs Arsenal  or a WC featuring Saudi Arabia vs Tunisia,ah doh think if yuh had a choice you wud chose the latter,if yuh really know bout football that is.What make's WC the 'real stage' as you put it is becuz it is nation vs nation ,blood,sweat and tears,is ah whole event where the world take part,other things contribute to making it the 'real stage',not just the football and to say a man is a failure becuz he eh preform good in de WC,IMO, show a lack of intelligence for the game ....not to mention yuh only bury yuhself when yuh say Rooney and Henry 'just ok' ...I know you are entitled to your opinion on them,regardless,  but it is that same opinion leads me to believe you cyar know much bout football ......plain and simple .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>