March 28, 2024, 02:52:55 PM

Author Topic: England vs Portugal  (Read 57259 times)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England vs Portugal
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2006, 09:45:32 AM »
Let me just say i am dissapointed about the match i mean i am an england fan after all. but please dont be disrespectful..i never did that about your team ok.
Now de match.
England played alright once again. But i think the fans knew we wudnt win this one. maybe before the tournament yes..but we didnt play with enough spirit and sven is partly to blame for this. i have to say england should have won this match, they created more chances and actually had more spirit than portugal..which is kinda confusing.
as it came to penalties the whole of england knew what would happen. lampard has no confidence. no strikers..except crouch who cant take pens :|.. gerrard we thought maybe yes..and owen hagreaves the best player on the pitch scores. People were kinda annoyed about carragher tho.. i mean it did look like the keeper was ready.
Anyways now onto the sending off. Firstly if that stamp was deliberate it was a sending off..most likely..I think myself..( along with leonardo the brazillian ) that he didnt really see where he was stamping..but if he did then i except it and it was a red card. HOWEVER. the referee was not sending him off. the ref seemed to think it was an accident and starting giving a free kick..then ronaldo runs half way across the pitch and starts pleading with the referee trying to get his fellow man utd player sent off. HOW CAN U DO THAT. What suprised rooney so much was that he did it.. you could see the expression in his face..he was so shocked, ronaldo must have said something to the ref that indicated he should be sent off.because rooney pushes him.. and then rooney is sent off for the push. We know it was this because the ref gave nothing before that. I know when the refs statement comes out he will say it is for the stamp..but what can you do.

I hate to see all the fans crying. but right now must people have just alot of anger for stupid ronaldo. they dont so much for the team. they are more proud than i expected..i suppose for not making excuses this time. and the emotions shown at the end..ferdiand, terry, beckham, neville bursting into tears..its hard to watch.
What really aggrovates the people here is..on BBC the channel the match was shown on.. at the end we saw cristiano ronaldo doing things to rooney before the match started. he went up to him whispered in his ear and sort of head butted him a bit. i mean obviously rooney took it as a joke..but ronaldo knows rooney..he knows he will get him wound up easily. and the wink and the " shh"  gesture after he was sent off shows that his clear aim was to get him sent off.

Personally i hope he comes back to england..plays and gets booed and stuff thrown at him.. he deserves something bad . Im sure thierry wil know what to do..for the french and the english fans
DELUSIONAL!!!
TnT Patriot

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2006, 09:56:03 AM »
Let me just say i am dissapointed about the match i mean i am an england fan after all. but please dont be disrespectful..i never did that about your team ok.
Now de match.
England played alright once again. But i think the fans knew we wudnt win this one. maybe before the tournament yes..but we didnt play with enough spirit and sven is partly to blame for this. i have to say england should have won this match, they created more chances and actually had more spirit than portugal..which is kinda confusing.
as it came to penalties the whole of england knew what would happen. lampard has no confidence. no strikers..except crouch who cant take pens :|.. gerrard we thought maybe yes..and owen hagreaves the best player on the pitch scores. People were kinda annoyed about carragher tho.. i mean it did look like the keeper was ready.
Anyways now onto the sending off. Firstly if that stamp was deliberate it was a sending off..most likely..I think myself..( along with leonardo the brazillian ) that he didnt really see where he was stamping..but if he did then i except it and it was a red card. HOWEVER. the referee was not sending him off. the ref seemed to think it was an accident and starting giving a free kick..then ronaldo runs half way across the pitch and starts pleading with the referee trying to get his fellow man utd player sent off. HOW CAN U DO THAT. What suprised rooney so much was that he did it.. you could see the expression in his face..he was so shocked, ronaldo must have said something to the ref that indicated he should be sent off.because rooney pushes him.. and then rooney is sent off for the push. We know it was this because the ref gave nothing before that. I know when the refs statement comes out he will say it is for the stamp..but what can you do.

I hate to see all the fans crying. but right now must people have just alot of anger for stupid ronaldo. they dont so much for the team. they are more proud than i expected..i suppose for not making excuses this time. and the emotions shown at the end..ferdiand, terry, beckham, neville bursting into tears..its hard to watch.
What really aggrovates the people here is..on BBC the channel the match was shown on.. at the end we saw cristiano ronaldo doing things to rooney before the match started. he went up to him whispered in his ear and sort of head butted him a bit. i mean obviously rooney took it as a joke..but ronaldo knows rooney..he knows he will get him wound up easily. and the wink and the " shh"  gesture after he was sent off shows that his clear aim was to get him sent off.

Personally i hope he comes back to england..plays and gets booed and stuff thrown at him.. he deserves something bad . Im sure thierry wil know what to do..for the french and the english fans
DELUSIONAL!!!

Soooo DELUSIONAL its sad really, absolutely blinded.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2006, 09:59:43 AM »
whats delusional?!
You might think rooney deserved red..i can see why. Personally i dunno if he did it on purpose..most people think he did. But the only reason i was annoyed with the red is because the ref wasnt giving it until ronaldo came over..and rooney was fouled before hand..i guess its just the way some teams dont go down..whereas if that had been portugal or italy rooney played for he would have been on the floor alredy.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2006, 10:04:42 AM »
whats delusional?!
You might think rooney deserved red..i can see why. Personally i dunno if he did it on purpose..most people think he did. But the only reason i was annoyed with the red is because the ref wasnt giving it until ronaldo came over..and rooney was fouled before hand..i guess its just the way some teams dont go down..whereas if that had been portugal or italy rooney played for he would have been on the floor alredy.
You on a rampage today eh!!!

TnT Patriot

truetrini

« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2006, 10:05:25 AM »
Ronaldo eh look like he going back ManUre anyhow next season and if he value he career he go leave they as fast as possible.

At this moment in time, all I want is man U to refuse to sell Ronaldo to Madrid, The dirty f**king arse wipe can rot in their reserves as far as I'm concerned.

If he knows what is good for him, he will b staying awat from England for a while.

Howe can he sit in the changin room with Rooney after running 30 yards to tell the referree to send him off.

c**t.

Pompey I understand the angst...but come on Ronaldo ran no more than 10 yards to the ref and the blatant stomp!

See it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KanBaiT5jX0&mode=related&search=wayne%20rooney%20portugal%20red%20card

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2006, 10:11:50 AM »
Ronaldo eh look like he going back ManUre anyhow next season and if he value he career he go leave they as fast as possible.

At this moment in time, all I want is man U to refuse to sell Ronaldo to Madrid, The dirty f**king arse wipe can rot in their reserves as far as I'm concerned.

If he knows what is good for him, he will b staying awat from England for a while.

Howe can he sit in the changin room with Rooney after running 30 yards to tell the referree to send him off.

c**t.

Pompey I understand the angst...but come on Ronaldo ran no more than 10 yards to the ref and the blatant stomp!

See it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KanBaiT5jX0&mode=related&search=wayne%20rooney%20portugal%20red%20card
I just watch that video.

Some people here jokey yes. Ah man say Rooney was trying a backheel.

Carvalho's balls.
TnT Patriot

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2006, 10:20:58 AM »
Maybe ROoney thought it was Ferrer he we stamping on..to get back for injuring him at chelsea

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2006, 10:32:21 AM »
whats delusional?!

Rooney deserved a red for stamping on the player. The ONLY thing I can give you is that maybe he did not mean to hit him in the balls but he did mean to hit him and that is all it takes to get a RED card.
As for Ronaldo, he did exactly what any English player would have done in his position. What do you think Rooney would have done if Ronaldo stamped on Beckham precious jewels?. What you want Ronaldo to do, stand up and smile, and say "good stamp Rooney well done, good on you". Whether or not the referee was going to send him off before the push you cannot say and we just dont know what he was going to do, to say anything else is just speculation. Even if de push by Rooney made the decision to give him a red card easier, well that is fair too and its stupid Rooney that pushed him, Ronaldo did not touch him. Is like you want to have a special set of FIFA rules for Rooney because he is the perceived savior for England???
And finally dont come with this "England never cheats. We play with pride and its all the other countries like Argentina and Portugal that cheat". You lost any credibility in my book when that twat pulled Sancho hair to commit arguably the most disgraceful and disgusting foul of the tournament.
England going home fair and square!, end of story.

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2006, 10:34:30 AM »

c**t.

See it here

The man take exactly 7 steps and they call it 30 yards!!!... well yes!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl:
England stop looking for scapegoat... you have only yourselves to blame

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2006, 10:38:23 AM »
But how did ronaldo see clearly what happened when owen hargreaves did not. obviously the ref didnt either as ONCE again i say he didnt giv nuttin until ronaldo start talkin.
Now i know it was a foul and ok u say anyone would do that .. i have to disagree i say any player with respect wouldnt try and get ther friend sent off. maybe he wasnt trying to get him sent off..maybe he was just saying it was a foul.. i agree with that. but its just the way he came running over got to the front and started making hand gestures to his so called friend and then winked and told him to shh as he walked off.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2006, 10:42:38 AM »
ronaldo is a drama queen we all know and he's that kind of player..did you really expect any better jub02?? it is squarely rooney's fault that he lost his temper because he knows what kind of person ronaldo is and he just should not have done anything so england's elimination from the world cup shouldnt be blamed on ronaldo..that is just ridiculous..
and please save me the story that england got robbed because did you feel at any point in this world cup that you said man england is playing well-- they deserve to win the world cup -- no i didnt think so.
England got their just reward for playing round mess during this world cup

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2006, 10:45:10 AM »
Yeh i agree with that. I dont say england got robbed..but i think they should have won that game. that was the best football they have played in this tournament and probably the worst from portugal..but they still didnt win so ??? Now svens gone at least

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 02, 2006, 10:49:22 AM »
But how did ronaldo see clearly what happened when owen hargreaves did not. obviously the ref didnt either as ONCE again i say he didnt giv nuttin until ronaldo start talkin.
Now i know it was a foul and ok u say anyone would do that .. i have to disagree i say any player with respect wouldnt try and get ther friend sent off. maybe he wasnt trying to get him sent off..maybe he was just saying it was a foul.. i agree with that. but its just the way he came running over got to the front and started making hand gestures to his so called friend and then winked and told him to shh as he walked off.

Are we now questioning the quality of Ronaldo's eye site when he was not that far away??... if that the defense? Please!
Ronaldo never once gestured for a card (as most players would have done) all he did was point to the incident and say it was a foul.

How you know what Ronaldo was winking at? and for what reason?
If you say he did it to Rooney than maybe he did it cause Rooney was swearing at him like a mad man and it his way of telling him to shut his arse and let him know he is behaving like a child.

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2006, 10:53:44 AM »
i find this debate gettin played out yes...on to the semis...

or in my case...waiting for euros... :(

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2006, 10:55:14 AM »
We're going back to merry In-ger-land
In-ger-land
In-ger-land
The hype is coming home...

See you in another forty years
When Becks would have dried his tears
Maybe next time we just won't choke
For now we'll tie the hair pulling goat

Ingerland
Ingerland
The hype is coming home...

Well see you in another forty
When Rooney gains some maturity
Maybe by then we'll have a team
And not some hyped up dream

As I said Pompey: God don't sleep. As JDB pointed out to paraphrase your own words. Shit happens. Deal with it.

As for jub02 hoping that people throw things at Ronaldo and what not, well all I have to say is please fix your trousers, that good old English class is showing....  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 02, 2006, 10:56:04 AM »
Now I dont know what exactly the wink was about but here's my view: Part of the game plan was to get under Rooney's skin --get him mad and let his temper get the better of him --Ronaldo was probably the one chosen to antagonise Rooney since Ronaldo knows him best. Big Phil is known for tactics like these and dont you guys remember when he said before the 2002 world Cup telling the Brazilians to go out and foul becuase the team that fouls most usually wins. Scolari is a wily coach and plays everything to his advantage--even if its a bit sinister like this one

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 02, 2006, 10:57:50 AM »
Now I dont know what exactly the wink was about but here's my view: Part of the game plan was to get under Rooney's skin --get him mad and let his temper get the better of him --Ronaldo was probably the one chosen to antagonise Rooney since Ronaldo knows him best. Big Phil is known for tactics like these and dont you guys remember when he said before the 2002 world Cup telling the Brazilians to go out and foul becuase the team that fouls most usually wins. Scolari is a wily coach and plays everything to his advantage--even if its a bit sinister like this one

Thank you someone talkning sense..this what i be saying

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 02, 2006, 11:01:45 AM »

Are we now questioning the quality of Ronaldo's eye site when he was not that far away??... if that the defense? Please!
Ronaldo never once gestured for a card (as most players would have done) all he did was point to the incident and say it was a foul.

If you say he did it to Rooney than maybe he did it cause Rooney was swearing at him like a mad man and it his way of telling him to shut his arse and let him know he is behaving like a child.

How do you know What rooney was saying?

I only wonder if ronaldo actually see..was a player on the ground...or the foul. the ref hardly saw nottin and never give nuttin until ronaldo come over. that all im saying. ok it was a red card..but i think cristiano ronaldo  was really harsh on somone u call ur " very good friend "

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 02, 2006, 11:02:03 AM »

What sense???... this is nothing but wild speculation. If Ronaldo's job was to get under Rooney's skin as you say why did he go to the ref and not just start pushing or shoving his hand in Rooney's face which would have been more effective??
Why did he not do anything else in that game to get under Rooney's skin???

Come on... Rooney lost it, plain and simple. He is the ONLY one to blame!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #199 on: July 02, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »
People should'nt vex with Reynaldo the people tuh vex wid is Rooney and de Ref...Rooney is de one wey stamp one man and push another and de Ref is de one wey give de red card,Reynaldo cud say wha he want and for man tuh vex wid him now only looking for excuse to cover up dah sh!t England was playing,dey have ah right to lorse.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 02, 2006, 11:06:41 AM »

i prefaced what i was saying with the words "my view" and yes it is wid speculation..if he had pushed his hand in rooney's face ronaldo could have gotten a card too.. plus realise what i am saying--read my posts from before-- i think rooney is squarely to blame for losing his temper and that is what i said before so im not defending him -- i was just giving my view on the incident and ronaldo subsequently winking at the bench

What sense???... this is nothing but wild speculation. If Ronaldo's job was to get under Rooney's skin as you say why did he go to the ref and not just start pushing or shoving his hand in Rooney's face which would have been more effective??

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 02, 2006, 11:07:34 AM »

I only wonder if ronaldo actually see..was a player on the ground...or the foul. the ref hardly saw nottin and never give nuttin until ronaldo come over. that all im saying. ok it was a red card..but i think cristiano ronaldo  was really harsh on somone u call ur " very good friend "

So what you are saying is that you were hoping for Rooney to get away with a definate red card offence?? You are not upset with Rooney for what he did, you are upset he did not get away with it. Nice!!
Friendship with Rooney have nothing to do with this... remember Ronaldo's other friend is on the ground with his balls crushed!!

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 02, 2006, 11:08:50 AM »

nah...sven could hold some blame to...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 02, 2006, 11:13:06 AM »
No no no . i am saying i accept it was a red card..i wud acceptmore clearley it if the ref sent him off straight away. But what happen was the ref did nothing UNtil ronaldo came over. so the ref didnt seem to think it was a red card. Im upset that rooney did it .if he did it deliberetley. i keep thinking it must have been on purpose but i watch the replay and his eyes are on the ball. and i dont see why the ref didnt blow whistle as rooney was clearley fouled before that. but still .

Obivously ronaldo wont go up to rooney and push him around or he will get cautioned..or in rooneys case red carded.

Im not blaming ronaldo. i jus really dislike the guy. for whatever he said ..i wudnt do that and i dont care wot u sayi dont think rooney wud try and get ronaldo sent off.
Rooney is to blame , as is the ref..but mostly sven. as alan hanson said " basically sven didnt give them a chance " LOL.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #204 on: July 02, 2006, 11:19:36 AM »

The man take exactly 7 steps and they call it 30 yards!!!... well yes!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl:
England stop looking for scapegoat... you have only yourselves to blame

he takes very big steps.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Liver-Munich FC

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 02, 2006, 11:21:25 AM »
as a german supporter i think this :
england played hard and should have won the game
it wasnt to be and portugal win on penalties..agreed
the foul by rooney wasnt a red card everyone in germany most think it was accident as look he look at the ball the time there
ronaldo is hated by us as he dive but he should not have try get him sent off
owen hargreaves has proved why my club bayern love him and he is coving oustanding,
sven caused problems and should have left england as he ruins everylot
portugal coach has too many cheat tactic

germany should win

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 02, 2006, 11:25:04 AM »
as a german supporter i think this :
england played hard and should have won the game
it wasnt to be and portugal win on penalties..agreed
the foul by rooney wasnt a red card everyone in germany most think it was accident as look he look at the ball the time there
ronaldo is hated by us as he dive but he should not have try get him sent off
owen hargreaves has proved why my club bayern love him and he is coving oustanding,
sven caused problems and should have left england as he ruins everylot
portugal coach has too many cheat tactic

germany should win

sven again...damn swed...

Offline Liver-Munich FC

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 02, 2006, 11:26:30 AM »
it would be funnye if he come swede manager and he win world cup

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #208 on: July 02, 2006, 11:32:58 AM »

This is more bullshit. The ref was the closest person to the incident, what else would he be wathing other than the tussle between Carvalho and Rooney?

Also every ref tries to calm down a situation and clear players away before issuing a card. You cannot say that he waited to make a decision based on Ronaldo's prodding.

The bottom line is Rooney STAMP ON A MAN Balls. The only bligh I will give him is that he probably didn't aim for the balls but he definitely tried to stamp on the man in a moment of petulance. He probably even thouogh twice about it and hold back the force but it is a sending off offence and the Ref was right there.

Why is it easier to believe that the ref didn't see it until Ronaldo said something when it is most likely that he did. If he didn't see it, what he blow the whistle for?

Honestly allyuh Englishmen sounding wuss than we. Is like allyuh really feel that CR keep allyuh from winning the WC. How the ass all them piss poor penalty takers getting excused is beyond me. Gerrard was CRYING after England first penalty, the first miss by Lampard, no wonder he kick shit, he must be emotionally fragile.

Yeh i agree with that. I dont say england got robbed..but i think they should have won that game. that was the best football they have played in this tournament

That is a real sad indictment right there.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Liver-Munich FC

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 02, 2006, 11:36:05 AM »
why you ruin it that isnt respectfilled. nobody is saying trinidad is rubbish when they are.
i think england did well but the best player hargreaves of BAYERN MUNICH scored and the 2nd bst GERRARD of LIFVERPOOL miss but he said he tell the truth and he would take responisble because he didnt strike his penalty well enough. lampard is the worlds most rubbish player and even worse than york

1]; } ?>