April 29, 2024, 08:52:30 AM

Author Topic: Nigel Pierre Thread  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nigel Pierre Thread
« on: June 10, 2005, 11:41:45 AM »
Nigel Pierre scores on return to Joe Public
By Nigel Simon (Trinidad Guardian)

Nigel Pierre made an immediate impact on his return to the Joe Public football club when he scored for Joe Youths in their 2-0 first round knockout win over Santos in the UWI Employees Super Football League First Division.

Lyndon Andrews got the opener for Joe Youths while Pierre, one of four players sacked by T&T Professional League outfit CF Financial San Juan Jabloteh, fired in the decider match at the UWI ground, St Augustine on Sunday.

Joe Youths were joined in the second round by CK Con Air, Economy Strikers, TSTT, House of Dread and La Horquetta.

Dwayne Charles and Kernel Hamilton scored for Con Air, 2-0 victors over Creek Sports.

Irvin Reyes banged in his second straight double to lead Economy Strikers over Maracas Royal Road 3-2.

Roger Barclay got the decisive item or Economy Strikers while Shurland David and Hayden Vincent scored for Maracas.

TSTT got goals from Keron Cooper, Trevor Shallow and Kareem Edwards to whip Ocean View Samba Youths 3-1.

Gary Caramona blasted in two goals and Brent James and Devon King, added one each to spur La Horquetta to a 4-0 demolition of East West Coaching School.

Dion Marshall and Anthony Wilson led House of Dread to a 2-0 defeat of Gems.

Results

(Open knockout)

C.K CON AIR 2 (D. Charles, K. Hamilton) vs CREEK SPORTS 0.

ECONOMY STRIKERS 3 (I.Reyes 2, R. Barclay) vs MARACAS ROYAL ROAD 2 (S. David, H. Vincent).

JOE YOUTHS 2 (L. Andrews, N. Pierre) vs SANTOS 0.

HCL STRIKERS 4 bt PRINCES TOWN YOUTH 2 - on penalties

TSTT 3 (K. Cooper, T. Shallow, K. Edwards) vs OV SAMBA YOUTHS 1 (Alex Colthurst).

HOUSE OF DREADS 2 (D. Marshall, A. Wilson) vs GEMS 0.

LA HORQUETTA 4 (G.Caramona 2, D. King, B. James) vs EAST WEST CS 0.

(Over-40 Division League)

AMBASSADORS 2 bt TSTT 0 - by default.

GRANDE OLD SCHOOL 2 (Carl Phillip, Calvin Phillip) vs ONLY STARS 0.

Over-40 Division standings

Teams P W D L F A Pts

Ambassadors 7 4 2 1 12 7 14

National Unity 4 4 0 0 12 2 12

Vigana 7 3 1 3 15 15 10

G.O.S 6 2 3 1 9 8 9

Fish Alone 6 2 2 2 15 12 8

TSTT 6 1 3 2 7 9 6

P/D.F 5 1 2 2 8 8 5

Moosai 5 1 1 3 5 12 4

Only Stars 6 0 2 4 6 15 2

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:12:54 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nigel Pierre scores on return to Joe Public
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 12:17:57 PM »
he fall way back
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nigel Pierre Thread
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 02:56:23 PM »
Nigel Pierre returns to Macoya.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).
[/size]

Former Trinidad and Tobago striker and Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA player Nigel Pierre has returned to his former Club, B Mobile Joe Public after three years away from the Macoya based team.
Speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ Technical Director of the Club Keith Lookloy confirmed signing Pierre along with a couple of additions to his 2006 Pro League winning team.
“We have signed on a couple of experienced players that would do well for us this season,” he said.
“We now have with us striker Nigel Pierre, Guyanese midfielder Kayode Mc Kinnon formerly of North East Stars and goalkeeper Shurland Awai from Superstar Rangers. They have all signed on with us and this is great. Both Pierre and Mc Kinnon have received two year contracts while Awai is with us on a one year agreement,” he confirmed.
Speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ the 27 year old Pierre said his main focus on returning to Joe Public is to regain his past form and hopefully get back on the national team, “There is no place like home. This is where I have spent most of my playing days and I have always considered Joe Public my home,” said the striker.
“While I was out of Joe Public things didn’t go as planned. It was difficult for me and this is my main reason for returning to Joe Public. I hope to reignite the form that everyone has known me for. I don’t here my name any more. The public is not aware of me and this is what I want to change. I want to return to my goal scoring form and re-establish myself on the national team,” ended Pierre.
Mr. Lookloy went on to explain his decision to sign the players saying, “Nigel has indicated to us his desire to return to the National team therefore his reason for rejoining us. His entire history is on goal scoring and we believe he still has the talent.”
“Mc Kinnon on the other hand is a very experienced midfielder and has a lot of experience in the Pro League. He has also done well for Guyana in the recent Digicel Cup and I believe he can do well in the middle with midfielder Dale Saunders,” explained Lookloy.
According to Lookloy goal keeper Awai would team up with their Colombian goal keeper Alejandro Figeroa. As the other Joe Public goal keeper Jamaican Jacameno Barrett is on loan to a Jamaican Premiere League Club and is expected to rejoin the 2006 Pro League Champions at the end of March.
It was also revealed by the Technical Director that former national under-17 World Cup and Joe Public midfielder Terrance Mc Allister now 22 years old has signed on for another year with the ‘Eastern Lions’.
Cuban Coaches aiming to duplicate Eastern Lions winning form in 2007.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

Cuban national Domingo Hernandez who took over as Head Coach of League Champions B Mobile Joe Public says his main objective as Coach of the ‘Eastern Lions’ is to replicate their 2006 League title.
Hernandez and his assistant Coach Manuel Rodriguez signed a one year deal with the League Champions after former Coach Michael Mc Comie was appointed assistant coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Team back in mid February.
Speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ through the aid of Technical Director of Joe Public Keith Lookloy as translator Hernandez said, “Our main objective is to repeat as League Champions. Last season the team won the Pro League title and of course our objective now is to repeat as Champions,” said the former Cuban Under-20 Coach.
The head coach also believes the opportunity offered to him and his assistant is a great one saying, “It’s a great opportunity for Cuban coaches to be working in the Pro League because we know the country and the football well enough.”
“I know a lot about Trinidad football, since I have previously been the coach of the Cuban national under-20 team. I know that in Trinidad there are a lot of great players who are very intelligent but I believe the team needs to have a bit more organization,” suggested Hernandez.
As to the football in the Pro League Hernandez said, “I’ve seen Pro League matches on video. The League has a good level of football and from what I saw it is improving year after year.”
The Joe Public head Coach only had a couple of sessions with his Pro League team and is already pleased with his charges.
“We are still awaiting a few players to come in. When I have all the players available I would have a better idea as to what I have to work with, but I have to admit that I’m already impressed so far on what I have seen,” ended the Joe Public Coach.
Meantime, Technical Director of the Club Keith Lookloy took the opportunity to add that part of the Cubans objectives would also be to prepare the team for the Caribbean Club Championship at the end of the year.
“The primary objective of the Cuban coaches is to prepare the team for the Caribbean Club Championship and to go forward into the CONCACAF Champions Cup.”
“Of course the team is not the same team from last year. We have new players in the team now, such as national players Kerry Baptiste and Kwame Witlshire, so the team is still in the process of forming itself,” ended Lookloy.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:11:10 PM by Flex »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Nigel Pierre voted RSSR best player
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 10:07:20 PM »
Nigel Pierre voted RSSR best player
by: Gregory Trujillo (Trinidad Guardian)

Nigel Pierre (right) receives the RSSR “Footballer of the Year” award from former national captain Reynold George at last Wednesday’s function at T&TEC Sports Club on Flament Street, Port-of-Spain.

Another Nigel Pierre is hitting the headlines in football.

Following in the footsteps of namesake Nigel “Croc” Pierre, a regular on the national senior team a couple seasons ago, 16-year-old Pierre was voted Footballer of the Year and Most Improved Player in the Under-16 category when the RSSR (Reynold George, Sammy Llewellyn, Selris Figaro and Russell Tesheira) Football Academy held its ninth annual awards and dinner last Wednesday at the T&TEC Ballroom on Flament Street, Port-of-Spain.

Pierre, a student of St Anthony’s College, was presented with the Hudson Charles Challenge Trophy for being the academy’s top footballer by George, a former national captain.

Managing director of the Picton Road, Laventille, based academy, Ruthvin Charles was one of the feature speakers. He appealed to parents to “support their children financially, physically and psychologically, if they wish to see them aspire.”

Dion La Foucade of La Foucade Soccer Clinic, and Andy Charles, the second vice-president of the Northern Football Association (NFA), gave speeches. Junior Minister in the Ministry of Works and Transport Nileung Hypolite also gave an address, as well as assisting in the distribution of prizes.

Minister Hypolite presented St Mary’s Football Club of Freport with its prize for winning the eighth annual Russell Latapy Under-17 One-Day Invitational Tournament which was held in October at Hasely Crawford Stadium. Runner-up was La Foucade Soccer Clinic.

Ryan Fredericks, of La Foucade Soccer Clinic, received the award for being the Most Valuable Player in the tournament.

RSSR’s head coach, Dexter Harris, delivered the report on the achievements of the academy during the 2007-2008 season. RSSR placed third in both the Under-15 and Under-17 Divisions of the Eddie Hart Football League, first in the Under-17 Division knockout and third in the Under-20 Division.

Deputy Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Culture and Gender Affairs Dianne Rotherford delivered the feature address. Her speech collaborated with the night’s theme which was Sports and Community Unites us as One.”

Following Rotherford’s speech, awards were handed out to 15 persons from areas such as Picton, St Paul Street, John John, Beetham Estate, St Joseph Road and Sealots for community service.

A special award for Supporter of the Year was given to Keane Brathwaithe. Also receiving an award was Akeno Douglas, who was the first individual in John John to win an academic scholarship.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 10:09:15 PM by E-man »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Nigel Pierre Thread
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 04:11:35 PM »
Former National footballer on ganja charge
By Rickie Ramdass Multimedia Desk

FORMER national footballer Nigel Pierre made an appearance before a Port of Spain magistrate on Monday, charged with being in possession of just over half a kilogramme of marijuana.

Pierre, 35, who lives at Jeffers Lane, St James, appeared before Magistrate Adrian Darmanie in the Tenth Court after being arrested at his home by officers of the Western Division Task Force on Saturday afternoon, when the drug was allegedly found in his possession.

He was allegedly found with 548 grammes of marijuana and pleaded not guilty to the charge.

Upon his appearance, police prosecutor Sgt Karen Arthur said the prosecution was not objecting to bail given that Pierre had a clean criminal record.

His attorney also told the court that his client had a clean criminal record and asked that Magistrate Darmanie endorse the bail bond that was granted to Pierre at St James Police Station following his arrest.
Darmanie granted the request, after which the matter was adjourned to June 24.

Since his career as a footballer began in 1999, Pierre played for the national team as well as several local clubs, including Joe Public, San Juan Jabloteh and United Petrotrin.

Internationally, he has trained with West Ham United and Northampton Town in the United Kingdom. The latter club attempted to sign him in 2003 but Pierre was unsuccessful in procuring a work permit because he had only played in 71 per cent of this country's international matches in two years, four per cent less than the required 75 per cent.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 09:44:20 PM »
 "he had only played in 71 per cent of this country's international matches in two years, four per cent less than the required 75 per cent." The difference between success and failure is so slim. If Nigel had got through in the UK, maybe his story would be completely different now.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 11:02:09 PM »
"he had only played in 71 per cent of this country's international matches in two years, four per cent less than the required 75 per cent." The difference between success and failure is so slim. If Nigel had got through in the UK, maybe his story would be completely different now.

Read my mind.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 11:22:56 PM »

Yeah, because God knows, the only choices given a man are success as a footballer, or the life of a pot dealer.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 02:27:52 AM »
Anyhow you look at it, this is sad. Seeing that this guy was a former pro baller and got  caught up in this is indeed sad. So now we see why some very promising high school players prefer to get a scholarship  than signi a contract with a pro league team and hope to get a contract with an overseas club.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 09:34:34 AM »

Yeah, because God knows, the only choices given a man are success as a footballer, or the life of a pot dealer.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 09:58:38 AM »
When will this hypocrisy end?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 10:37:56 AM »
The honourable minister of Sorts  may want to consider developing  supportive programs that targets athletes to prepare them for life after their athletic career is over. I was a consultant fora group in the USA that was developed to integrate pro NFL players back into mainstream culture.
We need to Invest inLife- sometimes an athlete is one injury short of broken dreams-  we know they eh all fortunate to get political patronage or sports analysts jobs - so how best could we address those athletes who invested all their energies into an athletic carrier without having something to fall back on?

Mr, Minister of sorts here is an opportunity to start something- just don't model it after the Life Support

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 11:12:37 AM »

Even with the decriminalization of marijuana laws... dude was caught with half a kilo of weed.  Yuh could point yuh finger at the law, or yuh could say instead that people need to make better choices.  Not judging, just observing.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 02:02:47 PM »

Even with the decriminalization of marijuana laws... dude was caught with half a kilo of weed.  Yuh could point yuh finger at the law, or yuh could say instead that people need to make better choices.  Not judging, just observing.

Agree wholeheartedly. Yet, ah pound of ganja and a 4% deficit re: securing a work permit are a life lesson in skewed stats.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:15:00 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>