April 16, 2024, 12:01:38 PM

Author Topic: Fuel for the fire  (Read 1869 times)

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Fuel for the fire
« on: June 10, 2005, 12:34:14 PM »
This riles me:

"With 12 points already and a remaining schedule that does include some relatively interesting contests, but also two absolute walk-over home games against punching bags Trinidad & Tobago and Panama, this thing is over. After the USA throttles Trinidad in the home of the Whalers later this summer, everything else will be even more of a formality."  From mlsnet.com

read the article here:  The Clean Sheet: Truth be told

« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 07:18:13 PM by Tallman »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel for the fire
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 12:57:58 PM »
dem stinkin foreigners dun countin points before the game !!!!!!!!

after gold cup i want to see dem make de same kinda statements
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 01:01:44 PM »
that good underdogs for we, although we always seem to be underdogs
i ain't suprised they been beating us they have had the upper hand, they beat us at home and they have a good team.

in this game it not good to underestimate anybody though. 

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 02:11:13 PM »
yuh hadda play dead to ketch cobo alive.

ah go love it if we damage the US in august.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 02:25:58 PM »
Fellas to tell you de trute I sorry we have de Gold Cup now.After dat tournament teams will pay us more respect.Ah see we have Panama again in we group.Colombia will be a good measuring stick  and Honduras ain't no push overs so if we come out a dis group with 3 teams rank higher than us dis will serve notice .

jusme

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 03:38:11 PM »
Fellas to tell you de trute I sorry we have de Gold Cup now.After dat tournament teams will pay us more respect.Ah see we have Panama again in we group.Colombia will be a good measuring stick  and Honduras ain't no push overs so if we come out a dis group with 3 teams rank higher than us dis will serve notice .

well while we lose the element of surprise we need match practice badly.  we cyar just be training like rocky and expect to beat a good team like the US.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 03:56:18 PM »
I will not exactly endorse the idea that after the  2-1 win they got out of us in TNT is an indication that we will be 'throttled'' but then again one has to consider the 'arrognant '' source of the U.S.A
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 05:23:36 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 08:27:27 PM »
Let us get real.  We are putting the pieces into place nicely after the two most recent games but until we beat one of the top teams in Concacaf on their home soil, these comments are in order.  Plain talk bad manners. :-[

Let's face facts, the last time we sniffed the US backside was in 1989.  On that day the two football programs went in completely different directions.  In 2005 we are still trying to put the foundation in place.  Thanks Jack. ::)

The criticism is justified until we start beating these top teams in our region on a consistent basis.  Look at the US and Mexico records against Concacaf opponents and you will realize the gap that has opened up at the top.  The US no longer looks for friendlies against Concacaf nations but get invited to play with the big boys. Mexico is an establish soccer power.  Respect is not given it is earned. 8)

It aint have no one more a Soca Warrior fan than me but I am facing facts and past performances.  I Cah hang meh hat on the future just yet.

Put we on the map Beenie!!!
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>