April 16, 2024, 02:27:29 AM

Author Topic: We will qualify!  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Maradona7

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
We will qualify!
« on: June 10, 2005, 02:06:18 PM »
The performance against Mexico was a great one in my eyes because it shows that we are capable for playing world class football. We can beat Mexico at home in the final game, the US will provide some competition but we can beat them in their home and all the other teams fear us because we look like a team on a mission against Mexico. We're the team that no one wants to play because out of all the Concacaf teams we're the most improved and will only get better. What concerns me though is that we need to start scoring, Rahim needs to play in order to provide a good attacking option with Birchall playing a little more defensive because that boy never stops running, change the keeper( oh gosh we lose because of him ) and bench Stern. Leo is a boss so we must do whatever it takes to keep him in TnT football.

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
Yeah I agree with Rahim giving us more offense from the midfield, but that man need to work on his defensive game. He only throwing as set ah late slide tackles in the midfield (begging fuh yellow card) and 4 years later (Falkirk experience later,) and he still ball watchin when he should be picking up ah man (see what he did for the second goal against Mexico). I am sorry, but at this level our midfielders have to help the team in both offense and defense. We still have plenty men who good when they have the ball but are suicidal when the team on defence. Rahim coming on as ah sub (Just how Beenie used him), but not starting. If you going to use a midfielder who is more of an asset in offence than defence, then he have to be along the lines of Valderamma, Latapy, etc, men who you could count on to make a big difference in attack, hence the sacrificing them in defence.

Rahim has alot of potential, but he aint that calibre player as yet, we will pay too much of a high price wid he in the midfield for long periods.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We will qualify!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 02:41:38 PM »
I wouldn't say dat we hadda bench Stern. Yorke and Stern don't complement each other......In the game we didnt get any clear cut chances, Yorke header was d closest........We need ah Speedy striker to take it to the oppositon. There were times that Stern and Yorke got the ball and the cud have taken on 3 defenders but they didnt. Glen and Sam wud have run at them.......Rahim took that card bcuz he had too, as a midflielder or defender there are times when u HAVE to foul a man, if he didnt foul the mexican he had a clear shot with no T&T player being near......We goin and take points from USA in August.

MAradona7 is this Yohan?
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We will qualify!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 02:58:14 PM »
Frame, check yuh messages ...

1]; } ?>