April 29, 2024, 03:53:42 AM

Author Topic: What are your views on Tobago United  (Read 1431 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
What are your views on Tobago United
« on: July 03, 2006, 10:11:40 PM »
Ever since Tobago United has been involed in the PFL they have failed to give a good account of themselves. In fact, each season they have rest themselves comfortably at the bottom of the PFL standing. Now, I do not believe that they don't have the players to get the job done. What I do believe is that the team is mis-managed and not coached well. I believe that if managed properly Tobago United should have one of the strongest teams in the PFL.

Now, what do you guys think is the problem? The coach? Management? What is your account on this team? Give me some feedback.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What are your views on Tobago United
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 07:53:49 AM »
You know how much time we bring this topic  up on this board kingman is not even funny. Any new team that enters the pro league can beat tobago united i feel
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 07:59:58 AM »
Tobago United should get regulated to the Super League, they dont bring anything to the PFL league, or maybe they need to change the people who are in charge. I am sure Crab Connection and Stokely Vale will do much better in the PFL or even St Clair Coaching School.

The coach Grandville have to go, they also have to invest in one or two quality players and keep a good youth team going to feed they senior team, there is alot of good players coming through Scabarough Secondary and Signall Hill, sign them and train them.

Look at they standings and how much goals they scored and concede since their existence.

http://www.socawarriors.net/pro_league_standings.htm

Very poor all round.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 09:23:33 AM »
The thing about it is that Granville is suppose to be a well trained coach so i was wondering the same thing too, how is it season after season the same thing, they need an overhaul, cause something's wrong might not be the coach though.

Offline Swede

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 02:17:56 PM »
Dear Football friends in Trinidad Tobago, Im a pro football coach from Sweden and I was impressed by T & T at the WC, I would love to coach a team in PFL league in T&T if I got a chance.

Anyone who might know any team that need any coach?

Info can e-mail me.

Bye...

Lars

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 02:30:14 PM »
I refuse to reiterate whas has already been said on this topic.

Suffice it to say that for a long time, TU tried to have mainly Tobago players but the best Tobago players weren't available. Largely due to the fact that St. Claire Coaching School men refuse to go over as a sign of faithfulness to their team.

Now this year TU source some foreigners but still getting cut ass.

Seeing that the best players in Tobago don't necessarilly want to play for dem, they must improve their scouting system outside of Tobago.

Look at NE Stars, initially they went to Guyana to fill the void they had and  it helped out big time.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 03:52:43 PM »
I refuse to reiterate whas has already been said on this topic.

Suffice it to say that for a long time, TU tried to have mainly Tobago players but the best Tobago players weren't available. Largely due to the fact that St. Claire Coaching School men refuse to go over as a sign of faithfulness to their team.

Now this year TU source some foreigners but still getting cut ass.

Seeing that the best players in Tobago don't necessarilly want to play for dem, they must improve their scouting system outside of Tobago.

Look at NE Stars, initially they went to Guyana to fill the void they had and  it helped out big time.

Peace,
VB

That is exactly the point. Tobago United in not really thought of by Tabagonians as a Tobago Team. The Island is too small to have so many teams, but it aint no way the top teams joining up. Besides most of the better players play for fun and do not look at it as a form of employment. Most of them will not give up their jobs to play football. Also the more educated ones go to coaching school because there is the opportunitiy for football scolarships.

Untill Tobago United win something, Tobagonins ent joining them, so they will alyaws miss out on the better players. If they go outside tobago too much they will be looked at as outsiders. No way to win.

1]; } ?>