April 24, 2024, 02:24:39 AM

Author Topic: Stern goes AWOL  (Read 6469 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern goes AWOL
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2006, 06:29:17 PM »
Stern start he " better than everybody attitude ah ready"...."  I aint callin no manager.."

if he really think he better he chances in the WC he better reel and come again !

Stern had his time, TT has to look to Glen, Kenwyne, Sealy etc for the future, hopefully starting w/the GC next yr...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2006, 06:31:34 PM »
Stern back in Coventry soon

Coventry City Football Club Official Site

Stern John will report for pre-season training on July 17 following the team's trip to the United States.  The striker has been given an extension to the normal close-season break after competing for Trinidad and Tobago in the World Cup.
John, who originally reported for the Soca Warriors on May 1, was never due to travel to the States so he could spend some time with his family.
"I had a call from Stern today and although he is a little bit disappointed that Trinidad did not progress, he's looking forward to coming back to Coventry and preparing for the new season," said Manager Micky Adams.
"Whereas the majority of players have had five or six weeks to spend with their family, Stern has only had a few days so we think it's only fitting that he reports back when the team returns from the States."

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2006, 06:36:15 PM »
mr.Manager or flipping 'gaffer' ( what ah facry name) as they this call them men, get allyuh stories right nah. One minute yuh looking to replace next yuh saying  he was garnted time to be with family? like yuh didn't know that from the start?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2006, 08:16:38 PM »
I hear talk that Stern is the next Captain of T&T- Did not know the man is only 29. So I guess he will be  available for 2010.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2006, 08:25:44 PM »
lord
Imagine a 33 year old Stern on the field in Africa
God Forbid

Ms que un club.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2006, 08:34:29 PM »
I saw Stern on the courts in Trincity liming and a man was asking him for a boots, he not a.w.o.l, he around and looking to b*ll some people girl children and some man gyal. :rotfl: :rotfl:
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2006, 11:46:20 PM »
STERN: COVENTRY KNOWS WHERE I AM 

socawarriorstt.com

Stern John has responded to reports that he could feel the wrath of Coventry City boss Micky Adams for failing to report back for preseason training.

Reports out of Coventry have stated that Adams is furious over not knowing of John’s whereabouts even after the T&T marksman was given extended leave following T&T’s appearance in Germany .

“Stern played in the World Cup and I have not had any contact from him since," said Adams.

Asked if he was disappointed with the lack of communication, he added: "I don't want to comment on that, let's just say I have had no contact from him. We weren't sure when he was coming back and I would have thought he would have rung me up to find out when he needed to report back. He is contracted to Coventry City so yes, he's part of the plans."

John will miss the club’s preseason trip to America and Adams is also  on the verge of signing a new striker.

John however is not troubled by Adams sentiments as he prepares to see out a final year on contract with the Championship Division side although there have been

“I’m not sure what all the fuss is about because the clubs knows very well my whereabouts,” John told TTFF Media on Tuesday. “I tried to reach the manager but without any luck and I was in touch with the assistant Adrian Heath and we spoke about my plans especially after the World Cup. I realize though that the manager is trying to sign a new striker and that’s good for us as a team. Competition is always good. Right now I’m trying to get my legs up for a bit and then get focused again on the new season,” John said. (Shaun Fuentes, July 4, 2006)

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2006, 06:24:17 AM »
Another angle:

Sportinglife.com

JOHN GETS EXTENDED BREAK

Coventry striker Stern John has been granted an extended break after his World Cup exploits with Trinidad and Tobago.

The 29-year-old will not join the rest of the squad as they jet off for a summer tour of America on Wednesday, instead John will report for pre-season training on July 17 when the team returns.

John played in all three of the Soca Warriors' games in Germany and Sky Blues boss Micky Adams believes his player deserves to spend some valuable time with those close to him.

"I had a call from Stern and although he is a little bit disappointed that Trinidad did not progress, he's looking forward to coming back to Coventry and preparing for the new season," Adams told the club's official website.

"Whereas the majority of players have had five or six weeks to spend with their family, Stern has only had a few days so we think it's only fitting that he reports back when the team returns from the States."
-be the change you wish to see-

1]; } ?>