April 23, 2024, 03:27:37 AM

Author Topic: Italy vs Germany  (Read 12805 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Italy vs Germany
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2006, 04:22:17 PM »
Germany was out of this game, they just strolled around, no offensive edge or nothing? Ballack struggling.

I can't believe it. Okay it's France WC.

Give Jack his jacket man...Italy played a boss game (well at least 2nd half and extra time) and of all those who left, they've played the best all around ball (the australia game notwithstanding). I have them pencilled in.

France only start looking decent since the second half against Spain...

Anyway, we'll see how it pans out.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

MickeyRat

Re: My 2 teams out....so I wanted Germany to win
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2006, 04:25:30 PM »
..and De Rat plays his violin....... :devil:
Which mean yuh eh doin a fart because yuh eh have no flikkin violin... :devil: :devil: :rotfl:

true, you got me! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2006, 04:34:57 PM »
Hard luck boy e-man

until 2010  :beermug: :beermug:

Yeah boy, that was a goal! Ballack had just moved over to marking Grosso and he didn't pressure him enough, let him have room to take the shot. The defense was just a little too loose after that corner.

Congrats Italy.

Ah well, 2010  :frustrated: :banginghead: :banginghead:

Exactly!!!.. Ballack jess twisted his frame like he fraid to get touch with the football.. Ballack is struggling I think .. Not very quick to the ball atall .. Is he still injured or something.. I fine he drank senna before the game!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2006, 05:04:14 PM »
I 2nd dat palos...The Germans made me feel at home, especially my host voodoofoo. I felt it for them when they lost, but I think they did well, much better than initial expectations. nuff props to them. Ah really miss the riding the bahn and meeting people everyday who eyes light up when they realise you from trinidad tobago...I felt like a celebrity  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2006, 05:13:52 PM »
cruel game its called.....  If you went to Germany you will really feel it for their fans.... they were absoultely fantastic... :beermug:

feeling it for them....dey relly deserved it but italy did well

good luck..  come on france lol i hate all 3 teams.... but i will pik france if i had 2

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2006, 05:45:43 PM »
I sit down with some Italian watching the game, so i say "what is allyuh prediction" they say Italy only if Del Piero eh play. Almost every man to a T say Del Piero overated. Man bawl like dey loss ah puppy when they sub he in. When he score they say "game did already over, he is still shit" hahahhahah

This was an equal game but in the end I felt Italy deserved the game. They hit post and then cross bar. Come the end of the 1st over time, I say Italy looking tired bring on Inzagi he go run down he grand mother for a ball. Ah man say doh worry we resting for the big push. Podboski miss ah sitter just on time, man gone silent. Then Italy come out runnin, like some say last call. in the end what a game. Finally something fiiting for a WC in these stages. Both france and Portugal must be watch dat and raise deh eye brow. I know both them hoping their game don't go to overtime, so who ever win may ketch Italy a likkle tired.

Pirlo master performance
Gattuso was not only dstroying but creating
Cannavaro & Matterrassi biteing tack, dem two real cover the team
Golden Boy Totti remains a shadow
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2006, 05:58:11 PM »
lawddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
this hadda be dey BEST game of dey WC

Italy 2 - Germany 000000

Offline warriorchic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2006, 06:17:12 PM »
Wow, ah really thought Germany would have won.
But Italy won 2-0 and in the last moments. Nice.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2006, 06:19:12 PM »
I sit down with some Italian watching the game, so i say "what is allyuh prediction" they say Italy only if Del Piero eh play. Almost every man to a T say Del Piero overated. Man bawl like dey loss ah puppy when they sub he in. When he score they say "game did already over, he is still shit" hahahhahah

This was an equal game but in the end I felt Italy deserved the game. They hit post and then cross bar. Come the end of the 1st over time, I say Italy looking tired bring on Inzagi he go run down he grand mother for a ball. Ah man say doh worry we resting for the big push. Podboski miss ah sitter just on time, man gone silent. Then Italy come out runnin, like some say last call. in the end what a game. Finally something fiiting for a WC in these stages. Both france and Portugal must be watch dat and raise deh eye brow. I know both them hoping their game don't go to overtime, so who ever win may ketch Italy a likkle tired.

Pirlo master performance
Gattuso was not only dstroying but creating
Cannavaro & Matterrassi biteing tack, dem two real cover the team
Golden Boy Totti remains a shadow

My MOM......Fabio Cannavaro.  What a player!  Pirlo not far behind.  But in truth....both teams put in sterling efforts.  0-0 the score may have been right up to the 128th minute.....but it was a game more than worthy of a WC semi final.

Wha yuh thought about Inaquia or whaever he name is Observer?  Da man is a BEAST!!!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2006, 06:25:36 PM »
all meh teams gone home...so ah hadda say GOOD LUCK tur France yes..

palos wha' happen to dey cyat ???
and who dem pussin and dem ??

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2006, 06:39:01 PM »
all meh teams gone home...so ah hadda say GOOD LUCK tur France yes..

palos wha' happen to dey cyat ???
and who dem pussin and dem ??

Thanks for de bigup TT cana, bastille day is judgement day, no connection w/a backin of  Les Bleus mind you, would like Scolari to surprise everyone, though ah tink de azzuri will take it, bless...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2006, 06:40:18 PM »
Trinican so yuh have ah empty hose now? yuh want  meh tuh bring meh one man team? Look gyul cheer for the brothers on France; leh them be the next team tuh win now.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2006, 06:42:27 PM »
Great Game!

Even the ref was a boss. The man eh fall for nutten, call a consistant game and he let the fellas play and let the game flow. When a player dive, he just carry on with the game and the players and them just get up and carry on with dey business as if to say 'respect ref...you catch me dey'. He should ref the final.

Anybody see the similarities between this WC and Euro 2000
Italy beat the home team (Holland) in the semis of Euro 2000 and now they beat the home team Germany in the semis.

Portugal meets France in the other semi. Last time Figo and Zidane were maestros at their peak. Now they are the old masters looking for one last hurrah. Well we all know what happened in Euro 2000...will this be a repeat of history for France? Or will Italy pull a 'Brazil'. It took Brazil 24 years to win their 4th WC...Well it has been 24 years since Italy won their 3rd. If Portugal wins the WC, it will be a historic first AND they will have a coach with a perfect 100% record over 2 WCs. Imagine Scolari is 2 games away from an unbelievable WC record..he already holds the record for most consecutive wins...but back to back WCs with different countries...without ever losing..that would be something.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2006, 06:46:43 PM »
T&T and Brazil both out so my interest in the world cup doh have any emotional attachment anymore

EXCEPT

I would not have minded the Germans winning.  Not because I like the Germany football team or anyting so, but because they were the absolute best hosts one could hope for.

From the Deutsche Bahn ticket officers when yuh land in de Frankfurt Airport, to all de vendors outside de Haumptbanhof, to de people who helpin yuh out wit directions, to all dem Germans who start singin Treeneedad Tobago oh oh oh oh when we only had we one chant against Sweden, to de friendly ladies on de lil strip about 4 blocks down from de train station....it could go on and on.

This was my first World Cup experience and the hospitality of the German people in general was one of the more memorable experiences of the whole trip.

For that reason...I feel a little sad today that Germany lost against Italy.  Had they won the final, it would have been a fitting reward for their hospitality.
yeah Palos ah agree fuh everything except the Brazil part lol
i would also like to add all the free subway rides and 5 ply toilet paper lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2006, 06:57:04 PM »
Germany go be back though.  Their squad is a young one.  They set for a few years.  The big game experience will do them a world of wonder.  I have always admired tham.  People always talk about their record before de WC.  Yet still they always show up fit to play 120 minutes and have never placed below a Quarter Finals in a WC.  It almost makes you feel as though they take little stock in other competitions and dey does jes wake up for de WC.  We already know their penalty taking prowess.  18 penalties in 4 WCS, 1 missed.  A shocking statistic considering the do or die situations they were in.  Ah never forget what a hobbling Rummenigge did to France.  Dat is a lasting memory.  But Germany have a right to be proud.  Their soccer is on the rise again.  They need to find a new Ballack who really was a shadow of himself and not as fit as the rest of the squad as he just returned from injury.  But all in all...a round of applause for dem :applause:.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2006, 07:06:59 PM »
The game was a boss game...nice flow...good officiating.  These two teams played down to de last second of overtime.  It was like a throw back game how man used to play football long time.  Play to score and win.  How many coaches would have sat back and played defense for the last ten minutes of regular time and overtime?  You would think that Klinsmann of all coaches would have called off the attack and taken his chances with penalties at de end.  He did not.  Germany went down bravely to a skillful and experienced Italian team.  Thanks to both teams for a real nice game.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2006, 07:18:49 PM »
Great Game!

Even the ref was a boss. The man eh fall for nutten, call a consistant game and he let the fellas play and let the game flow. When a player dive, he just carry on with the game and the players and them just get up and carry on with dey business as if to say 'respect ref...you catch me dey'. He should ref the final.

yea we need more refs like him. remember when totti get flip over by number 3 on germany(i think cant remember he name)? de ref tell him get yuh a$$ off de ground it eh no foul.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2006, 07:20:03 PM »
Sweet game...that first goal had more curl than Jeri oui.
well yes

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2006, 07:41:28 PM »
The game was a boss game...nice flow...good officiating.  These two teams played down to de last second of overtime.  It was like a throw back game how man used to play football long time.  Play to score and win.  How many coaches would have sat back and played defense for the last ten minutes of regular time and overtime?  You would think that Klinsmann of all coaches would have called off the attack and taken his chances with penalties at de end.  He did not.  Germany went down bravely to a skillful and experienced Italian team.  Thanks to both teams for a real nice game.

Not because ah is a moderator or not because ah went Fatima.....but ah believe the Italians HAD TO GO for the win in extra time.  If it had only go to penalties....given the German record and the Italians less than stellar record in the same situation....they knew their ass was dark if it come to dat. 

Jes my 2 cents.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2006, 08:45:26 PM »
Italy deserve that game especially since they come out in extra time attacking
to me PIRLO the best most consistent midfielder the entire WC and that build up was wicked the man stay composed and make a killer no look delivery, he wicked
canavarro the best defender nobody could pass tha man they go even stronger if nesta come back-if he does return

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2006, 09:00:14 PM »
i just want to say as an england fan...and i sure many others...i am happy with the way i went out...cause the way germany went out today if you a german fan have to be one of the most painfull moments in your life jed...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2006, 09:04:52 PM »
The last time Italy won the world cup, Paolo Rossi, their top scorer was on the back end of bribery charges/allegations....look at what the Italian teams are facing now.....

Did someone say Omen ?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2006, 09:23:05 PM »
Oh lawd who would think I would be depressed over Germany losing a game. They were great host so I feel it for them. I sure them was like many Trin's in Germany they miss their train after that match I am sure.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2006, 09:36:33 PM »
That game in 82 with the hobbler is what make me dislike Germany when Schmacher played Batista and the jokey referre give a goal kick.

I now feel it for them as said a million times they were the perfect host. We can learn something from them for when the100,000 Indians come for the Cricket WC
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2006, 10:07:59 PM »
ah glad germany out,they beat argentina so i really doh care who win de cup. :devil:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2006, 10:24:17 PM »
Well ..I wanted germany n brazil in the final but it seems that in happening so my next choice is france,ZZ playin good futbol...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2006, 11:11:07 PM »
Around de 80th minute, de ref call ah free kick against Italy when de foul ocurred inside de penalty area.  Dat was too tick tack a foul to call penalty in a game of dis magnitude.  But why make de call at all?  De ref shoulda jes wave play on like nutten eh happen.

De only other thing I eh like is dat blasted penalty diver gone and score.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 12:24:05 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2006, 11:12:21 PM »
Not because ah is a moderator or not because ah went Fatima.....but ah believe the Italians HAD TO GO for the win in extra time.  If it had only go to penalties....given the German record and the Italians less than stellar record in the same situation....they knew their ass was dark if it come to dat.

Jes my 2 cents.

agreed.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2006, 01:38:36 AM »
in the last two matches germany play odonkor and he look strong. like this game he turn into odonkey? italy completely neutralize the germans substitutions. and gilardino and iaquinta had some nice chances too. but pirlo definitely a head above everyone on the field.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2006, 06:37:48 AM »
germany deserve much respect this tournament, manily because they are one of the few teams committed to attacking football.   Yet when the ball lost they were so fit, the transition to defense looked effortless. Ballack is a modern midfielder and some people say he was not at his best, but he looked good to me. Willing to work both sides of the ball, it would have been interesting if he had Frings with him this game. Lahm for me is the big surprise. nutten eh passing he so and when the back line make mistakes he cleaning up with his covering. Then yuh turn around and he in the attack. Great tournament for him. But overall the team impressive and all the criticism of Lehman he was very good this tournament, dem Italian could not get their corners past him. 

Italy are a liitle more measured and what I liked was how they had a plan in their build up should Pirlo be marked. Gattuso came and in and was the link in those situation. Soon Germany gave up on it and Pirlo found space again. At the risk of repating myself Italy are the most balanced team. Imagine after yuh work hard to break down that back line, Buffon facing yuh. The man like ah dam Octopus in goal.
Up front Italy have fire power to burn and even if you could hold them off they have more to come and they working hard no ass. They eh waiting fuh balls they moving all the time, especially running behind yuh. Imagine them still have bong to score Inzagi to drop on people.

Palos what I like about all the Italian strikers / front runners is they working hard to drag defenders out of position. They running behind, wide coming to the ball and spinning. Yuh right real beast wok.

del Piero I never liked but he took his goal well. More props to the set up man nice feed.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>