April 23, 2024, 03:51:24 AM

Author Topic: fox sports: out of concacaf region trinidad may not be @2010 wc  (Read 3794 times)

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
where as united states have a pipe line and the resources to qualify for the next wc and mexico would qualify because they have a pipe line of players.It was said that most of our present players will be retired and they are not sure of tinidad's pipe line to qulify for their next wc.

they always beating up on us just would not stop but we have alot in store for them.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: fox sports: out of concacaf region trinidad may not be @2010 wc
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 07:17:54 PM »
where as united states have a pipe line and the resources to qualify for the next wc and mexico would qualify because they have a pipe line of players.It was said that most of our present players will be retired and they are not sure of tinidad's pipe line to qulify for their next wc.

they always beating up on us just would not stop but we have alot in store for them.

ummmm ok... my most sober response to this is ..."huh?"
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 07:20:46 PM »

ummmm ok... my most sober response to this is ..."huh?"

o.k fella  ;D
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 07:58:48 PM »
Dont take it personaly, nothing wrong with that assumption, don't forget how much of a struggle it was for us to qualify.

There are as many as 6 teams who would fancy their chances behind Mex and the US. How possible would it have been for us to qualify without Dwight and Russell? Who is gong to 'replace' them?  We have a lot of work to do and that may be an understatement.

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 08:20:04 PM »
Right now we have fellas who are hungry and thirsty and with the right personell we will be stronger. Now is the time to nurture them. Even Hardest might be transformed the greatest player T&T ever produced.  ;D

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 05:35:27 AM »
We have a core who tasted W/c experience. Those on the fringe for selection must be hungry for the big stage. The Td and the planning will be important in the next two years.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 09:57:59 AM »
alot of our player would be players at bigger players and should be much improved
think how much better men like jones would be
i think it still very realistic
all we really need is a leader

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 10:53:58 AM »
Yes we have a smaller pool of talent, but we dont need 22 world class players to qualify for the world cup. We just need Beenhakker, or a coach of similar pedigree, good preparation that includes adequate financial resources, logistical planning and a good time table for preparation. And finally 22 players who can play football, understand tactics and are hungry for success.  E.g the USA!!! (No world class players, good coaching, well prepared, good financial resources, lots of hunger to win and compete)

If the chemistry between all the above is right, we can qualify. We not talking winning the world cup as yet! Just getting a team together capable of making world cups.

Once we gain more experience and get more exposure, it will benefit us in the long run. As they say, you gotta crawl before you walk!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 11:24:04 AM »
Yes we have a smaller pool of talent, but we dont need 22 world class players to qualify for the world cup. We just need Beenhakker, or a coach of similar pedigree, good preparation that includes adequate financial resources, logistical planning and a good time table for preparation. And finally 22 players who can play football, understand tactics and are hungry for success.  E.g the USA!!! (No world class players, good coaching, well prepared, good financial resources, lots of hunger to win and compete)

If the chemistry between all the above is right, we can qualify. We not talking winning the world cup as yet! Just getting a team together capable of making world cups.

Once we gain more experience and get more exposure, it will benefit us in the long run. As they say, you gotta crawl before you walk!

I totally agree

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 01:37:22 PM »
Everbody has stepped up a notch so i aint worried again and trust me,  :nailbiting: i was, the young guys on the team the ones waiting on the wings.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 02:11:44 PM »
I'm not really surprised they say that. Anyone knowing our usual approach to these things wouldn't be surprised. After the Strike squad we had young hungry players, we had talented men making big names in Europe. Where did that get us in 94?, 98? 02? How many men on this 06 team were marked as the future of TNT football after 1989?

The reality is that despite having one of the oldest teams in the tournament the 06 Soca Warriors are basically made up of players who started playing internationally around and after 2000. It means that there was a huge black hole between 1990 and 2000 in terms of the development of the players in their prime during this period. To say that the talent wasn't there would be misleading. Its more like we didn't do anything with it.

To illustrate, what happened between 1990 and now is the equivalent of us doing nothing of note on the regional (CONCACAF) level until 2020 and getting to the Brazil 2022 World Cup with Spann, Birchall and Kenwyne.

One can only hope that things will change in the planning and development department, but seeing that the vision is for 2020...well nuff said...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 02:39:24 PM »
I'm not really surprised they say that. Anyone knowing our usual approach to these things wouldn't be surprised. After the Strike squad we had young hungry players, we had talented men making big names in Europe. Where did that get us in 94?, 98? 02? How many men on this 06 team were marked as the future of TNT football after 1989?

The reality is that despite having one of the oldest teams in the tournament the 06 Soca Warriors are basically made up of players who started playing internationally around and after 2000. It means that there was a huge black hole between 1990 and 2000 in terms of the development of the players in their prime during this period. To say that the talent wasn't there would be misleading. Its more like we didn't do anything with it.

To illustrate, what happened between 1990 and now is the equivalent of us doing nothing of note on the regional (CONCACAF) level until 2020 and getting to the Brazil 2022 World Cup with Spann, Birchall and Kenwyne.

One can only hope that things will change in the planning and development department, but seeing that the vision is for 2020...well nuff said...

Lawwdd....that was a sobering post.

We really ddn't do much in the 90s with a truckload of fu^%^ng talent:

Yorke, Latas, Lewis, Bomber, Weekes, Jughead, Faustin, Charles, Rougier, Boisson, Dexter Francis, Lee, Eve, Nakhid ....

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 02:55:15 PM »
In TNT we have 'pipe line' flowing with oil an natural gas and we also have a pipe line of raw talent, the human resource has to be proccesed just as the natural resources before it is of any value to our nation, then there is the political pipe line, can you imagine what it would mean to TNT if JWaner was minister of sport, though I am not a JW fan I am a fan of local football and know we can make it to 2010 even if the odds are 1001-1 of us getting there.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 03:04:19 PM »
As UK soca warrior said,  all we need is a coach with some Beenhakker pedigree. We do have the talent. Just imagine if we had Beenie coaching the Strike Squad. The talent is there we just need the right coach.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 04:45:08 PM »
What we need is players playing at a consistantly higher level than right now. We need more players in the English Premiership and Championship. Get out of Scotland and the English first and second division.

If you look at the rosters of all the concacaf teams we have more players per capita who consistently play at a higher level.

For example when you compare T&T with Costa Rica you would see the Ticos took a domestic squad. I don't know about you but man for man T&T is a much stronger team because they all play at a higher level. What we missed for the most part was coaching. I believe we have enough players and the abilty to recruit more players to play for T&T.

Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 08:45:17 PM »
I dont THINK  foxsports was totally off......they not only talking about your pool of talent but your resources and infrstructure to get them there....

Eg....if yuh have plenty oil but no pipe....it is useless  .i.e. talented players but no infrastructure
   ....if yuh have no oil and plenty pipe....it is useless  i.e.  no talent but plenty infrastructure

Mexico has a huge talent pool, good youth development with decent infrastucture, limited resources

USA has a pretty good infrastructure and ok talent pool, enormous resources, very good youth development

Trinidad has a small talent pool and limited resources, little player development

NOW HOW WAS THE FOX STATEMENT TOTALLY INCORRECT MAY I ASK ??
Warrior For Life !!

Offline mr.talented

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 09:10:06 PM »
fox sport was not off....but is up to us to prove them wrong...
we have to push for what we want...like the threads that discuss improvement...
helping the potentials we know and giving them the support and advice they need or anything else...

"you could change your religion,your sex and everything else but not your football club"

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 06:40:22 PM »
As UK soca warrior said, all we need is a coach with some Beenhakker pedigree. We do have the talent. Just imagine if we had Beenie coaching the Strike Squad. The talent is there we just need the right coach.

The coach is the final touch...it is the pepper sauce yuh does add to the food for final taste....before yuh add the peeper sauce yuh have to prepare and cook the food first....nutten on the stove right now for trinidad
Warrior For Life !!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 08:04:38 AM »

Will this next WCQ rounds be the first where our team gets good fan support from the very start?

What kinda turnout we could expect in the pre-Hex rounds (if they keep the same format).

Just getting into the HEX could be tough depending on the draw so I eh taking nutten for granted.  People may have high expectations which wasn't the case this last rounds.  Hope the team can deal with it.

We will be back to the club vs country tug of war.  Will be interesting to see which players we use for friendlies the clubs would consider unnecessary....they would probably give trouble for the GC too.  Might be best to leave some of our better players off the GC squad because regular playing time with their clubs might be more important in the long run for us than getting them together once in a while.

Ahe ready for a next round of qualifiers all now   ;D
We could start with the youth teams doing well.....hopefully those programs start having some success.

1]; } ?>