April 24, 2024, 01:34:49 PM

Author Topic: We need to be realistic about our players  (Read 2246 times)

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
We need to be realistic about our players
« on: July 05, 2006, 12:41:12 PM »
After reading the news about Shaka's new club, it is useful to reiterate that although we want the best for our players, we must also have realistic expectations.  The feeling that some of us have that our players proved something and will be in demand by bigger name clubs is pie in the sky.  The rest of the world sees us a overachieving team and our WC journey is a feel good story that is played out.  I see man like stern cutting style.  They better know what they doing.  The fact that Shaka couldn't get a 2nd string keeper wuk (I am assuming here but safe assumption) in the Premiership speaks volumes.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: We need to be realistic about our players
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 12:51:20 PM »
well assumptions are 95 percent of the time wrong...as your example proves. Shaka turned down West Ham not the other way around...Before yuh bray just lets see how it plays out...In the coming months we shall see who get what and then yuh could talk

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »
Peg boy ah does usually like yuh posts

But yuh bring out dat bucket ah cold water too soon
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 03:01:32 PM »
So why our players can't be at the best clubs? Why we as fans can't have that kind of confidence in our players? Fadda, for us to reach far we must believe that we are the best or else our players wouldn't push themselves.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 04:21:42 PM »
After reading the news about Shaka's new club, it is useful to reiterate that although we want the best for our players, we must also have realistic expectations. The feeling that some of us have that our players proved something and will be in demand by bigger name clubs is pie in the sky. The rest of the world sees us a overachieving team and our WC journey is a feel good story that is played out. I see man like stern cutting style. They better know what they doing. The fact that Shaka couldn't get a 2nd string keeper wuk (I am assuming here but safe assumption) in the Premiership speaks volumes.

Your assumption is rubbish, he had a contract offer from West Ham. If d man wants to move to d US that's his choice, but that doesn't mean he couldn't cut it.

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 07:28:11 PM »
if yorke, latapy and nakhid could play in the champions league I doh see why whitley, sancho, birchall and edwards cannot do the same after sterling wc performances.

:( :(

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »
The Brits have a press that hype them up and they believe it and some actually play to that level. (Til they get to the Wc of course) HINT. 
BORN TO DO IT

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 08:54:45 PM »
Have some faith and confidence. Why do we have this mentality that we do not deserve the best? This must be some kinda ole colonial mentality??

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 03:33:05 AM »
As my friend shaun says.........."the fact that we had no players in the top leagues makes our achievement even better"

Enjoy de feeling and stop de hating!!

We are a small country and we should be proud of our achievements and look to improve on it in the future!!

Whether or not we have 20 players playing in the championsleague, we still need to suport our boys.

Our players are in demand, but most of them are doing the right thing and taking their time to make decisions that would be the best for them!

thinking that our players should be in the big leagues is no pie in the sky since carlos, brent, cyd, cornell, and lawrence showed that they can mix it up with the best of them!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 07:03:16 AM »
PEG i feel when them fellars was back in Trinidad after WC like one ah them beat out yuh gyal/wife daz why yuh talking da setta outtatiming talk :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 08:49:32 AM »
i tink u shud delete this post ...wen postin comments i tink one shud gather all the neccessary facts so that one doesnt come across as an idiot

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 09:24:26 AM »
Aye allyuh ease up on Peg nah man.

The man just use Shaka as an example (albeit incorrectly).  And besides, not because we like we boys and we have confidence in the boys and feel that they should be playing in bigger leagues, that it have to be so.  Is same thing before the WC when man talking about T&T vs Brazil for the final, and how we beating England....and some men really gone to town on that....so much so that the plenty people was crying after the game against England, whilst some saying they were expecting that result.  Even before the Paraguay game, men still hoping against hope that we beat them by 3 clear goals and Sweden lose to England, but the avid football followers woulda know in they heart it was a monumental ask of the boys.

True we perform beyond expectations, and whilst a supporting mih boys whether they playing Premiership, Serie A, MLS or PFL, my support don't mean that the coaches in them leagues share the same opinion.  And besides for every Soca Warrior, it have thousands more in other countries (some who didn't even make to the WC) waiting for they chance on the big stage.

Beenie was always talking about real men who real talented, but if tey couldn't fit into the coach's plan or philosophy for the team, then they don't get pick.  So we boys could be under the same thing around the world.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>