April 28, 2024, 01:08:14 PM

Author Topic: The most horrific piece of defending ever?  (Read 7941 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The most horrific piece of defending ever?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2006, 06:56:37 AM »
WOW.. is only as I watch that replay thee I realize what madness take place.. WOW.... Most men will get dropped for that kinda madness...
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2006, 07:41:43 AM »
What allyuh watching. France had 5 men line up for the free kick. One man outside the D. So what other runners allyuh talking about. Then ah man say zone. What zone? The only players picking up space in front the line were Kaka and Ronaldo. Everyone else have to mark. RC was at fault no excuses no if's an's or buts. Poor poor defending

observer i was just kidding eh boss hence the devil's grin
Carlos totally at fault dida call out the marks b4 the delivery up to the defenders to handle they business, he can't call out to carlos while the ball on henry foot_'hey leggo yuh knee' wha he suppose to press the pause button?
definitely poor defending and in a WC quarterfinal geez unbelievable but the man always been average at best in my opinion.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2006, 09:25:38 AM »
Nobody making excuses especially for Roberto Carlos and plus ah doh want to take anything away from a brilliant goal and free kick.  The delivery and finish was spectacular.  Ah bet yuh Roberto Carlos say he lost de ball in de lights.  I am merely suggesting dat there could have been a communication problem.  Preparation and communication is supposed to help avoid lapses in concentration like that.  No way Henry should be dat open.  We talking about a set play into de box.  Dida has first responsibility to see dat de defense line up properly as he has de best view.  Cafu has responsibility as well.  Yuh talking bout captain and vice captain here.  How else could you explain de late reaction of the other players and de ball watching?  Is not only Roberto Carlos dat was ball watching and didn't see Henry run through the back door.  We know who de goat is...no argument there.  TV doh lie.  But I'm digging deeper than that and taking a higher road than the conspiracy theory dat a few suggested.  Anyway, on to the semis.   

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2006, 09:51:43 AM »
More and more men proving that they not to bright about this football thing. Even if you playing a zone defence it's not hard and fast, so if you on the man on the far post and he is moving in free you have to break the zone and pick him up. carlos was the closest defender to him so it's his responsibility to mark Henry.

There is no way you gonna worry about a man 18-25 yards out when you have men threatening immediately in front the goal. What's even worst it just was not Henry free behind the defence it was also what looked like Thuran going up free for the header. It was 5v3 in the box when that goal was scored, numbers up on the offense.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2006, 09:54:08 AM »
Buh wha' de jail is dis? Dat was Roberto Carlos on de edge of the penalty area? Ah was wondering how it was dat Henry get dat clean shot on goal? An de commentators were sayin' dat Brazil had one of de best defensive records in de World Cup?! Brazill definitely had ah serious defensive lapse on de France goal?

With that said, France deserved to win. The French defense effectively neutralised Brazil's attack (Brazil only had about two shots on goal for the entire game!). As much as I hate to see the semifinals of the World Cup looking like the semis of a European regional championship, I have to tip my hat to France. They outplayed Brazil in every facet of the game.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2006, 09:55:33 AM »
Maybe RC was hoping that the defensive line step forward. OFF SIDE

How about Dida, I am seeing Henry taping in from the 6 yard box and this cross had some hang time, Dida is a tall man, even if he can't catch, PUNCH!!!

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2006, 01:12:31 PM »
yeah that was really piss-poor defending by Brazil for the Henry goal

but i thought England were just as shocking against Sweden when Sweden more or less threw the ball into the net from a throw-in
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
R.Carlos retires from international football
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2006, 01:36:36 PM »
Did allyuh no ths coz im either the only one not to know or one of the first to know..
a bit of shame his last performance was a mess letting henry score.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/brazil/5143004.stm

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: R.Carlos retires from international football
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2006, 01:38:40 PM »
a big player hanging up his boots  :beermug: :beermug:

maybe Serginho might finally get a sweat for the national team
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 01:46:26 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2006, 01:41:54 PM »
thank god its only his international ones, i always get excited watching him romp up the field and  hustle back

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2006, 01:43:45 PM »
he shoulda retired from int'l football a year ago. Both he and Cafu shoulda stepped down along time ago...

Big respect to R.Carlos nevertheless.....He did his time, and left his mark on the game.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2006, 01:55:12 PM »
Henry Flabbergasted By Brazilian Marking

Apart from the uncanny ability to raise their game and be Brazil’s regular executioner at the World Cup finals, France couldn’t believe their luck in being given ample room to manoeuvre by the five-time World champions.

In 1998 two corners allowed almost identical flashing headers by Zidane as the number 10 rose above a Brazilian defense that simply didn’t defend.  Vieira then set Petit up for an easy-as-pie counter-attack as the whole Canarinha stampeded forward naively in search of a goal.

Henry voiced his surprise – almost bordering on astonishment – that he was left so very alone by the seleção players in Frankfurt.  After all, the goal was the first Zidane-Henry combo that laid to waste rumours that they had a rocky relationship.

"Now the debate’s over [about the two players not playing well together]. I’m really happy that I scored; more so because it was from a Zidane pass, because I’ll never have to answer questions about our ability to play together any more", smiled the Arsenal number 14.

Henry went on to raise his eyebrows so high as to almost disappear into his scalp "They [Brazil] somehow completely forgot about me, not once but three times”, before adding that "normally in that sort of move you can’t get close and end up taking pot-shots from 20 metres out, but this time I was at point-blank range."

goal.com

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »
tough luck!

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2006, 02:03:08 PM »
he shoulda retired from int'l football a year ago. Both he and Cafu shoulda stepped down along time ago...

Big respect to R.Carlos nevertheless.....He did his time, and left his mark on the game.
yeah, and left his mark on the game by having henry score 1 on brazil.
oh... what a lasting memory we'll have of him :(
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »
I wonder if he will retire from Real Madrid or if he is getting that transfer that he was talking about?  It would be nice to have Brent Sancho fill his shoes!  ;D
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2006, 02:27:49 PM »
Cyd  diving header at a ball 2 inches off the ground was worse  :devil:
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2006, 03:54:08 PM »
ah dont think he retiring from club..chelsea wanted him on a 2 year deal.coz r.c said he wasnt getting a long enough contract at real....dunno about that now for either club

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2006, 08:20:11 PM »
I saw that play while in progress and the replay made it even more obvious.  Interestingly, even the commentatotrs did not call it, only talking about Henry when it was gift.  That was the worst piece of defending I have seen since high school football.  There was no other French player anywhere in sight.  Roberto Carlos was suposed to move with Henry.  How could you not track the deadliest striker in the world?  he was the only player on the left side.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2006, 11:42:22 AM »
This is not a Roberto Carlos' fault. Some jack ass near the centre played France onside. Carlos was just playing his part in the trap. Look to the centre of the box. It was some idiot who decided to run forward with the French strikers and played Henry onside.

Marc
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2006, 11:47:34 AM »
and France almost scored from the freekick before which was on the opposite side of the field..with the same slack Brazilian marking
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2006, 07:21:23 PM »
wait, wait, ah man post ah long, long, long explanation on this post about something or the other to explain why this was not RC fault. YO!!! wait lemme go back and re-read de man post....ok, right, ah ready...bredren, from de time de ref blow for de foul RC put he hand on he knee, when Zizou kick the ball, then-and only then-RC stand up straight(i.e take he hand off he knee)and look towards Henry running free, praying and hoping de ball eh reach him. Well sure enough de ball reach him. Sorry me eh know bright-man or eloquent speaker(writer)but dread, dat is friggin Roberto Carlos fault, hence de reason why he resign, as ah trini me eh want he on no Brazil team ever again, FAR LESS if ah was ah brazilian!!!!! by de way ah replay the dvd bout 15 times, ah still dumbfounded, yo de man eh even WALK back....but ah whatever mister longlposter say is de gospel i guess, common sense be damned....
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2006, 10:28:24 AM »
Ok, let's take a comprehensive look at what transpired to see if RC is really to blame...

any questions...?  :-\
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2006, 11:04:04 AM »
RCarlos messed up...he should have looked around, but he didn't see Henry until it was too late. In your first photo, that is NOT Henry running towards R Carlos...That is Gallas or Thuram. henry is the guy in the offside position nearest Dida, walking back toward the Brazilian defense.

In your seconf picture 'Henry is coming'...wrong. Henry is still strolling back from an offside position, and your runner cuts to the left in front of R Carlos...and is followed by the Brazilian in front of R Carlos..I think it was Gilberto Silva. you really need to look at the film cuz as much as it WAS R carlos fault, you are exaggerating it. R Carlos never looked around and did not see Henry on his blind side. he messed up..but you are making him look like a real retard by saying his man blew right by in front of him...not true. Yuh eh playing yuh wicked  :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 11:06:17 AM by Filho »

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2006, 11:14:30 AM »
RCarlos messed up...he should have looked around, but he didn't see Henry until it was too late. In your first photo, that is NOT Henry running towards R Carlos...That is Gallas or Thuram. henry is the guy in the offside position nearest Dida, walking back toward the Brazilian defense.

In your seconf picture 'Henry is coming'...wrong. Henry is still strolling back from an offside position, and your runner cuts to the left in front of R Carlos...and is followed by the Brazilian in front of R Carlos..I think it was Gilberto Silva. you really need to look at the film cuz as much as it WAS R carlos fault, you are exaggerating it. R Carlos never looked around and did not see Henry on his blind side. he messed up..but you are making him look like a real retard by saying his man blew right by in front of him...not true. Yuh eh playing yuh wicked  :D

aight I can't take credit, or blame for any of the slides or labelling; I got it from an e-mail my Romanian friend sent to me  :devil:. But the general gist of woeful defending is still there.  ;)
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2006, 11:24:13 AM »

aight I can't take credit, or blame for any of the slides or labelling; I got it from an e-mail my Romanian friend sent to me  :devil:. But the general gist of woeful defending is still there.  ;)

yep

1]; } ?>