April 28, 2024, 07:03:12 AM

Author Topic: france v portugal  (Read 22686 times)

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Re: Henry
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2006, 08:13:02 PM »
Henry play like Stern(when we not playing USA or Mexico) today. No effort, no intensity. Somehow for Arsenal he seems more energized. Could be his role though. Still, the man has a tremendous reputation, you can't fault that.
Personally, I find his game is too limited. Lacks ball control.

Lacks ball control  :rotfl: yuh joking
Henry is shit, agree with the man, yuh know its right ;D

Again...your words, not mine.
Henry is the crappest striker alive, yuh know, I know it and mih tanty knows it ;)
~sigh~  Babies......
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2006, 09:14:36 PM »
Henry is proving he is a great player at all levels. People forget that Henry is playing off fumes right now, and has adapted very well to a role that is quite different from how he plays for Arsenal. At this stage the wold cup is all about fight and grit. His touch is bound to be a little off. Even Zidane was not at his best today. He does excel for Arsenal more than for France. That system is built around him. France is built around a slower ryhthm that Zidane orchestrates. But which 'world class' strikers have bettered Henry in this tournament. He has 3 goals in six games for France and is playing up top by himself. He is also a hybrid...a winger converted to a striker. So one should never expect him to be the most clinical finisher...not that he is too shabby at that. But he is a handful. Name a defender who does not get nightmares about having to mark Henry. He is having a tremendous WC. Only Klose has scored more goals but more importantly...no striker playing up top by himself has scored as many goals as he has. All 3 of his goals were crucial. The first in a 1-1 tie with Korea. The second in a 2-0 win against Togo (France had to win by 2 clear goals to even stand a chance to go through, remember) and the goal against Brazil. And he has made assists as well. Anyone who thinks Henry's contribution to France this WC is short of exceptional just doesn't like his style...and will probably never like his style. But I bet you even the great Zidane sees Henry as a fanastic player for France. Like I said...he has looked far better and sharper than many so called World class strikers and all the strikers who have played in that lone striker role this WC ahve looked like crap, except Henry...

anyhow..I doh even like him that much. But I have to give props where props are due

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2006, 09:24:18 PM »
carib briton, you should ask tallman to compiule all your posts into a book and give the book a catchy but descriptive title - like SHIT

it should a 2 part series
ha and UK Soca Warrior
Uk Soca Warrior own should also have a catch but descriptive title - real shit 2

Més que un club.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2006, 10:24:01 PM »
Where the football expert who was going on about how great he is...steups.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2006, 11:53:56 PM »
Some ah allyuh crazy yes.

Just for France the man play 84 games and score 36 goals and in the earlies ah lot of those games were not even as a striker. He is a converted striker. LOL allyuh is kicks. That is just about ah goal every other game...ironically how many games he play this World Cup and how many goals he score ???  On his own up front

Doh even mention Arsenal stats :devil:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2006, 01:27:27 AM »
carib briton, you should ask tallman to compiule all your posts into a book and give the book a catchy but descriptive title - like SHIT
Bounty Killer: and yours can be supreme sh!t ;)
Dutty: Well its crappy stew but not as crap as henry, never had the guts to tell her ;D

Socafan: yeah big baby ::) like grande man said I was being sarcastic, anyone who was on during last years Champions League games would know that I am a big ARSENAL fan, yuh know anybody else who would leave their house 7 im the morning and wait 2 hours for a arsenal ticket in the snow at 13? ;D
Any Arsenal Fan who says Henry is shit and is serious has a problem if they disagee and say they think other players are better (e.g sheva at chelsea) fair enough.
Everyone knows Henry isnt as good for France as he for Arsenal but don't people think he is instructed to do different things for France? Remember that Arsenal he is captain so hes at least got to look mobile to movtivate other players, English & CL football is different. The guy has still got an achilles injury and score 3 goals in 5 games (one against brazil) but he still get cuss out all the time,LOL ;D If he doesnt score in the final, 3 goals in 6 games is a good return. If you say he didnt score against the big teams ***cough Brazil cough***   well he can only score against what he & the team is put against.

***Waits for the onslaught of cussing saying all I say is caca ;D, let this try and be my last post so people dont end up hating me **dodges stones on way out **;D***
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 01:35:11 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2006, 01:32:01 AM »

it should a 2 part series
ha and UK Soca Warrior
Uk Soca Warrior own should also have a catch but descriptive title - real shit 2
you dont think he as some good posts sometimes?
Not everyone talks football on here you know, some people on here will say a TNT player is better just for the plain fact they are a Trinibago(That ent football!) and most of the time it isnt new time posters.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Henry just dived!
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2006, 02:19:41 AM »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2006, 03:18:08 AM »
Yes he made a meal of the challenge, but only a fool would say that it was not a foul.

The man cut back on Carvallho and trip over Carvallho's trailing leg.  It was a clear foul. 

If that was stern john against john terry ah wonder what some ah alyuh woulda say.

The referee was smart enough to know that it was not a blantant foul because he didnt even give carvallho a card!!

But nevertheless, it still was a foul in the box........and a justified penalty.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: france v portugal
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2006, 05:31:52 AM »
I find it amazing that anyone, anywhere in the world, who knows anything about football could criticise Thierry Henry.

Great Player, Great Goal Scorer, Great Ambassador for the game.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2006, 07:03:19 AM »
Dive yes and once again a half arse penalty decide a game in favour of a historical team of pedigree.  De thing I go remember most bout dis WC is de inept refreeing.  Brazil gift offside goal vs Ghana.  De Crouch hair pull.  Phantom penalties against Australia and now this.  Blatant penalties should be called in de knock out stage especially...not dem thing that go have controversy.  Is like de penalty England get vs Cameroon a few years back.  It seems like when yuh come to de WC and play with de big boys, yuh have to deal with de refs too.  Arks Avery John and Sancho.  Big team suffer too.  In de German game man get fowl in de box, ref bring de ball out de box and give free kick.  When will it end?  Blatter talking about two ref...something ah mentioned jes a few days ago.  We go see.

That is old talk. Henry was fouled, you cannot be half pregnant. If it happened in midfield the ref would have called a foul. Its not the degree of foul or part of the field it happens in, its a foul. Penalty. Now you throw in Liniker vs Cameroon are you mad it was a foul, so its a penalty. Let me ask you, you talking about Brazil offside, how many calls we have see in WC 2002 where good goals were disallowed Spain Korea, Italy Korea. It has always been that way. Think back good of any World Cup and you will se human error 74,78,82,86 go on and on

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2006, 07:35:51 AM »
Yes he made a meal of the challenge, but only a fool would say that it was not a foul.

The man cut back on Carvallho and trip over Carvallho's trailing leg.  It was a clear foul. 

If that was stern john against john terry ah wonder what some ah alyuh woulda say.

The referee was smart enough to know that it was not a blantant foul because he didnt even give carvallho a card!!

But nevertheless, it still was a foul in the box........and a justified penalty.

ah love it!!

A foul is very subjective. Football is a contact sport. Not every piece of physical contact is a foul. In layman's terms, to my understanding, a foul should consist of physical contact that impedes the player without (or before) making contact with the ball......

In the case of Henry, I don't think the physical contact was impeding. Henry chose to take the flop......He fell long after being touched. For the referee however, it was probably too close to call so he had to to give him the benefit of the doubt. If he wanted to, Henry could have stayed on his feet. I almost want to say that if that play took place at the half line, he probably would have stayed on his feet and continued playing.

You can be fouled & dive at the same time......A foul & a dive aren't opposites. Henry definitely dived....and arguably he was fouled.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2006, 12:36:13 PM »
Yeah he dived..but it was a foul. but think about it..if he dont go down the ref aint gonna give it..but it was enough contact to make him lose de ball..so maybe the refs shud look out for the contact..and not for the falling over in the box.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2006, 12:40:13 AM »
That is old talk. Henry was fouled, you cannot be half pregnant. If it happened in midfield the ref would have called a foul. Its not the degree of foul or part of the field it happens in, its a foul. Penalty. Now you throw in Liniker vs Cameroon are you mad it was a foul, so its a penalty. Let me ask you, you talking about Brazil offside, how many calls we have see in WC 2002 where good goals were disallowed Spain Korea, Italy Korea. It has always been that way. Think back good of any World Cup and you will se human error 74,78,82,86 go on and on

Yuh miss de whole point ANC.  It have a bias towards de traditional powers.  In de same game wit de Lineker half arse penalty, what bout England cutting down Makanaki in brute fashion before dat and no call.  Yes it have bad decisions but de decisions usually favour established teams.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=371660&cc=5901

Add T&T to de gripe list above.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 12:45:25 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2006, 06:29:21 AM »

Dutty: Well its crappy stew but not as crap as henry, never had the guts to tell her ;D

Socafan: yeah big baby ::) like grande man said I was being sarcastic, anyone who was on during last years Champions League games would know that I am a big ARSENAL fan, yuh know anybody else who would leave their house 7 im the morning and wait 2 hours for a arsenal ticket in the snow at 13? ;D
Any Arsenal Fan who says Henry is shit and is serious has a problem if they disagee and say they think other players are better (e.g sheva at chelsea) fair enough.
Everyone knows Henry isnt as good for France as he for Arsenal but don't people think he is instructed to do different things for France? Remember that Arsenal he is captain so hes at least got to look mobile to movtivate other players, English & CL football is different. The guy has still got an achilles injury and score 3 goals in 5 games (one against brazil) but he still get cuss out all the time,LOL ;D If he doesnt score in the final, 3 goals in 6 games is a good return. If you say he didnt score against the big teams ***cough Brazil cough***   well he can only score against what he & the team is put against.

***Waits for the onslaught of cussing saying all I say is caca ;D, let this try and be my last post so people dont end up hating me **dodges stones on way out **;D***

Fling...fling...fling...fling...fling...fling!!!!!....That was 6 bigstones. (Know you were too busy ducking to count) :)

As one man said, maybe I don't like his style. Hmmmmmm..I don't. And I still find his first touch surprisingly lacking. Thats why I don't rate him too tough. But as I said earlier, he has a tremendous reputation, you can't ignore that. And I will add that he is deceptively quick. But when I see that man play, all I see is 2 clumsy big foot.

To each his own.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2006, 12:14:32 PM »

Fling...fling...fling...fling...fling...fling!!!!!....That was 6 bigstones. (Know you were too busy ducking to count) :)

As one man said, maybe I don't like his style. Hmmmmmm..I don't. And I still find his first touch surprisingly lacking. Thats why I don't rate him too tough. But as I said earlier, he has a tremendous reputation, you can't ignore that. And I will add that he is deceptively quick. But when I see that man play, all I see is 2 clumsy big foot.

To each his own.

Ah guess Ronaldinho and Eto'o were literally begging Henry to join Barca because they like he 2 clumsy big foot either that

Or you just drinking HATORADE :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

1]; } ?>