April 28, 2024, 06:11:10 AM

Author Topic: france v portugal  (Read 22684 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Henry just dived!
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2006, 03:44:47 PM »
i ent care wat tt say, i want portugal out, fed up of dem blowing de damn horn and showing off, ah glad if dey go home :beermug:

TI I feel de same way about Italy

dem real getting on meh nerves

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
Re: france v portugal
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2006, 04:13:54 PM »
Portugal was robbed in that game, that was never a pentaly shot

there was a kick on henry..whether he had gone down or not it shud have been  a pen

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2006, 04:16:06 PM »
Whether we like it or not, football reflects everything good in life, and everything bad in life too.

So like life there are cheats, so it is in football.

Unless you introduce trial by video, and start to ban and fine players after a committee judges that a player has dived, maliciously fouled or committed any other ungentlemanly act, then we gonna keep having things the way they are.

Henry was disgraceful against Carlos Puyol
Owen dived against Argentina,
Ronaldo (Brazil) was a disgrace against France
Steven Gerrard dived against Hungary
the list can go on and on.

name some trini player jus to show u aint bias

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Henry
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2006, 05:28:38 PM »
While we have some time let me start some talk.

Will Henry always be remembered as a club footballer. I don't want to hear he can't play with Zidane and all that media hype. Because when Zidane did retire it was not like Henry was lighting up the field. he is a professional and he should adapt, even without Zidane is not like he created goals for himself. Henry for me look ordinary, even when he does get the ball, he can't seem to beat nobody unless he push and run. Even his passing and creativity lacking badly.

My verdict "Club Baller"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Henry
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2006, 05:52:23 PM »
While we have some time let me start some talk.

Will Henry always be remembered as a club footballer. I don't want to hear he can't play with Zidane and all that media hype. Because when Zidane did retire it was not like Henry was lighting up the field. he is a professional and he should adapt, even without Zidane is not like he created goals for himself. Henry for me look ordinary, even when he does get the ball, he can't seem to beat nobody unless he push and run. Even his passing and creativity lacking badly.

My verdict "Club Baller"

check out my previous posts on the subject matter, Padnah.  Some men was trying to rupture my appendix because I say he dosn't come up big in the big games for club and country.  I was telling men that all of France's successes came on the backs of a few core players (including, but not limited to Zidane) that did not necessarily include Henry, and men was ating like I cuss dey mudder!  One thing He does do for france: He wins free-kicks and penalties.......even if he dives for them!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2006, 05:57:01 PM »
I think the Arsenal system is better suited to him, and he is required by them more to be a leader.....

Henri didn't look very good at Juve, (Juve is a club).....so to say he's a club baller might be oversimplifying it. He definitely thrives more in the English league playing for Arsenal. I dunno if it's a matter of quality, but probably a matter of role and style.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2006, 06:33:38 PM »
obviously his record at Arsenal speaks for itself but in World Cup level - where international appearance really counts - he has 5 or 6 goals (incl. 1998). Numerous assists. Not too bad considering he not done yet.

I really feel if Robert Pires was playin for the nat'l team Henry would be more effective b/c those two have a great understanding when playing together.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2006, 06:34:49 PM »
Not all contact constitutes a foul.  Part of the problem with these referees is that maybe 99% of them either never played the game, or never played it enough to know the difference between a real foul or a dive.  Clearly some of the folks posting on this site are in the same position, but, that's ok.  These football players nowadays play for contact more than they play to win the game on their own merits, and Thierry Henry is FAST becoming another one of those types of players.  While he DID put a BRILLIANT move on Carvalho, he MADE A MEAL out of the contact made, simply because it was the type of contact that, had he fallen like a sniper victim (like he did) he knew the ref would call it.  Carvalho made contact, but it wasn't enough to hinder Henry.  Henry was able to plant his leg after contact was made, so he definitely shouldn't have "collapsed" the way he did.  He fell as if he had his feet taken out from beneath him.  Guess he had a sex change after the Champions' League final! 

Defenders can no longer slide or skate-tackle a forward any more, because players like Henry, Ballack, Robben, Totti and many others, no longer push the ball past the defender and skip over him like they used to in the good old days.  They make sure they drag one of their feet in order to create contact and make like the defender just snapped his spinal cord!  The man that suggested that he could see how the ref in the Australia-Italy game "could give that penalty" really need to learn the game a little bit more, with all due respect.   

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2006, 06:35:02 PM »
Its a dive if yuh playing small goal in the park but at that level, it is norm. The fact is that the defender lifted his other leg and it hit Henry. As far as I remember hand ball was the only call that uses the player's intention as factor in the decision. In the process of tackling the player lifted the other leg and it happen to hit Henry. It may be true to say that that tackle could not have brought down Henry but everyone knows if you don't make the fall you won't get the call. Henry had every right (as a player) to go down. I don't even like France and I would have to say that it was a good penalty.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2006, 06:39:35 PM »
As has been proven from the World Cup Qualifiers until now: France is nothing without Zidane. Henry is a little overrated...........he seems to be most effective getting "fouled" than doing anything else, even though he has scored three goals in this tournament, two of them critical..

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2006, 06:40:21 PM »
Whether we like it or not, football reflects everything good in life, and everything bad in life too.

So like life there are cheats, so it is in football.

Unless you introduce trial by video, and start to ban and fine players after a committee judges that a player has dived, maliciously fouled or committed any other ungentlemanly act, then we gonna keep having things the way they are.

Henry was disgraceful against Carlos Puyol
Owen dived against Argentina,
Ronaldo (Brazil) was a disgrace against France
Steven Gerrard dived against Hungary
the list can go on and on.

name some trini player jus to show u aint bias

For my English friend, Kenwyne Jones and Cornell Glen in the last match Vs Paraguay!

You happy, give you good consolation now???   ???

jeeze  ::)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2006, 06:45:43 PM »
Henry was fouled in the box otherwise he was free and clear to rip a shot in the Vs after de wicked cut-back.  Either way France would have scored.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2006, 06:47:26 PM »
Henry is shit, hes never did anything for Arsenal, never anything for france, hasn't done anything this WC and he didnt do anything against brazil, but I was told by someone on this board he would never score against such a team and he didnt ;)
Well I hope everybody feels good now : ;D

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 05, 2006, 06:48:08 PM »
Henry play like Stern(when we not playing USA or Mexico) today. No effort, no intensity. Somehow for Arsenal he seems more energized. Could be his role though. Still, the man has a tremendous reputation, you can't fault that.
Personally, I find his game is too limited. Lacks ball control.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2006, 06:49:04 PM »
Henry play like Stern(when we not playing USA or Mexico) today. No effort, no intensity. Somehow for Arsenal he seems more energized. Could be his role though. Still, the man has a tremendous reputation, you can't fault that.
He cant shoot or dribble neither. ;) can't finsh to save his life, he proved that for arsenal and against brazil.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 07:00:02 PM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Online Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2006, 06:59:17 PM »

Lacks ball control  :rotfl: yuh joking
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2006, 07:01:30 PM »

Henry is shit, agree with the man, yuh know its right ;D

Online Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2006, 07:05:20 PM »

Sorry let me agree with him yes cause stated some time back the soca warriors has 3 or4 world class players.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2006, 07:05:24 PM »
Its a dive if yuh playing small goal in the park but at that level, it is norm. The fact is that the defender lifted his other leg and it hit Henry..........It may be true to say that that tackle could not have brought down Henry but everyone knows if you don't make the fall you won't get the call. Henry had every right (as a player) to go down. I don't even like France and I would have to say that it was a good penalty.

If it's a dive when yuh playin' small goal in the park, Padnah, then it's a dive when yuh playing big goal for all the marbles in a big stadium.  The core rules of football don't change no matter where you play and who you play in front of.  If "....Henry had every right as a player to go down....." Just because there was contact, then to me, he is cheapening the game of football.  He landed on his feet after contact was made, and if, as others have suggested, Henry could have and would have gone on to score anyway, then that is what he should have done.  I'm sure most of us would have rather seen him keep the game beautiful by displaying all the abilities he gets so much credit for and score the goal than letting Zidane finish it with a cheap penalty.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2006, 07:15:14 PM »
He cant shoot or dribble neither. ;) can't finsh to save his life, he proved that for arsenal and against brazil.
Did not say he can't shoot or dribble, or "can't finish to save his life". Those are your words not mine. His first touch to me is too often off...hence lacks ball control (my words).

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2006, 07:16:08 PM »

Again...your words, not mine.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2006, 07:17:22 PM »

Sorry let me agree with him yes cause stated some time back the soca warriors has 3 or4 world class players.

Some ah allyuh like babies fuh trute. Ok..I'll bite...
What is your definition of "World Class?"

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2006, 07:20:47 PM »
the man is not shit........but i feel if another striker gets the chances he gets.... they will put away more......

he will score 17 goals a season but will throw away 50 to get that 17.

i would put him back on a wing and let him run at players then cut inside and feed the ball to a striker.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2006, 07:24:40 PM »
Did not say he can't shoot or dribble, or "can't finish to save his life". Those are your words not mine. His first touch to me is too often off...hence lacks ball control (my words).
Im laughing because.......... nah forget it :rotfl:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2006, 07:26:20 PM »

Henry is the crappest striker alive, yuh know, I know it and mih tanty knows it ;)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2006, 07:43:57 PM »
Dive yes and once again a half arse penalty decide a game in favour of a historical team of pedigree.  De thing I go remember most bout dis WC is de inept refreeing.  Brazil gift offside goal vs Ghana.  De Crouch hair pull.  Phantom penalties against Australia and now this.  Blatant penalties should be called in de knock out stage especially...not dem thing that go have controversy.  Is like de penalty England get vs Cameroon a few years back.  It seems like when yuh come to de WC and play with de big boys, yuh have to deal with de refs too.  Arks Avery John and Sancho.  Big team suffer too.  In de German game man get fowl in de box, ref bring de ball out de box and give free kick.  When will it end?  Blatter talking about two ref...something ah mentioned jes a few days ago.  We go see.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 02:21:17 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2006, 07:46:32 PM »
carib briton, you should ask tallman to compiule all your posts into a book and give the book a catchy but descriptive title - like SHIT

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2006, 07:50:59 PM »
some of allyuh don't know de art of sarcasm at all nah

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2006, 07:58:56 PM »

Henry is the crappest striker alive, yuh know, I know it and mih tanty knows it ;)

Henry say yuh tanty does make ah crappy stew chicken  ;D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2006, 08:10:05 PM »
Yet if Henry did that against England, every English fan would be crying that Henry is a criminal and a wicked cheat
Hart for president

1]; } ?>