March 28, 2024, 04:02:56 PM

Author Topic: What do we want in a coach? : Seriously ; let's be logical here...  (Read 30663 times)

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What do we want in a coach? : Seriously ; let's be logical here...
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2020, 05:55:51 AM »
Nah boi- I c yah believe  it- after watching this video , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjYtGKn-kjU&feature=emb_title, about the current head coach of the national me s team is like we  either have the dunciest  leaders heading up TTFA or we are susceptible to - a swindling sweet talking English accent which summers to all omnipotent in these parts.

From purely an ethical standpoint - how do we even elect an individual with these past discretions to lead our team? Well then again this falls into our Trini norm- how do we even elect leaders to lead the TTFA , you ent see the previous ministers and leaders from past governments?  Men heading up sports programs and giving away money freely to anyone with a shady past?

Why should the selection of a coach be any different? But is this the man we want at our helm for our young players to aspire and to follow? Then again we had A coach who was part of insurrection that held a government at ransom - came back and held several coaching positions
Only inTnT - old people use to say " whey yuh go do" ent we like commess? Ent we like bacchanal?
Ent we are the epi centre for corruption?
The current coach found a way to adapt assimilate integrate and become like ah Trini- hone his craft well and is now being duly rewarded.
Yuh get what you sow - we will reap what was sown-
Is there no ne with the moral fortitude to make difficult decisions to right this ship?
Or is all this normal as to how we do business? Looks like we always had a normalization committeee in place
Tally ho

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2020, 08:35:17 AM »
Up till this day- even though we have a coach in place some people still talking about the merits of how that coach was selected?

does anyone know if there was a selection committee and what the criteria was/ is for that said position?

What was the criteria for deciding on a base salary?
Was the awarded salary based on - experience?  Previous coaching success? 

What is the comparative salary among coaches in the region?
How much is the Jamaican national coach paid?

Could we have some sense and  sensibility when it comes to decision making from the TTFA?

At the end of the day..,,,,, just get the team to win:  Caribbean Cup ; Gold Cup ... get to World Cup- win ah game or two-   
Doh lose to Jamaica - Anguilla- Barbados. Or Guyana - or anyplace where ah Trini coaching cause then talk go start that he should be the next head coach 😊😊😊😊😊😊

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2021, 07:53:44 AM »
Ah we back for another kick at the cat ooops coaching thing- predictable
E nt we like it so?

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2021, 10:05:28 PM »
What's the criteria to coach TnT national men's team?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2021, 12:02:05 AM »
What's the criteria to coach TnT national men's team?
stewps. like you gonna foot the bill.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2021, 03:16:32 AM »
Cheap

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2021, 03:20:32 AM »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2021, 10:00:36 AM »
Cheap

1. Competent
2. Affordable
is arrogant blabber mouth angus in your rastasfari. if you all thought terry was arrogant and out of sorts then take a high school know it all flunky coach under your collar, an 8-0 loser to mexico with a very good team at under 23 Olympic level flunky. that’s what I call one step forward ten steps backward.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2021, 10:25:08 AM »
Cheap

1. Competent
2. Affordable
is arrogant blabber mouth angus in your rastasfari. if you all thought terry was arrogant and out of sorts then take a high school know it all flunky coach under your collar, an 8-0 loser to mexico with a very good team at under 23 Olympic level flunky. that’s what I call one step forward ten steps backward.

Yuh realise de post above is a comment about any prospective coach and not specifically an endorsement of Angus Eve?

Nonetheless, go here from 1:15 and listen to comments made by Eve regarding playing The Bahamas.

Report your findings. :)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2021, 10:56:38 AM »
Cheap

1. Competent
2. Affordable

Yuh realise de post above is a comment about any prospective coach and not specifically an endorsement of Angus Eve?

Nonetheless, go here from 1:15 and listen to comments made by Eve regarding playing The Bahamas.

you read too much into things mate. I was simply saying that you all called for his sacking and now it seems like you’re getting more than you bargain for, his sacking and another local flunky to fill in the spaces. it’s like exchanging a tuna for a sardine. nice trade.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2021, 11:14:06 AM »
None of these local guys has coached anywhere yet they’re always running to take control of the national team. they’ve not coached in an ok league no where in the world but they are given either a youth team to get their feet wet or the senior team.

Why don’t they at least apply to coach in the English conference and gain some exposure before trying to take on such a huge responsibility. latapy used the national team as a launching pad for his career, so did Dennis lawrence and stern John, why don’t they go coach a small club in England before taking on such a mega project. kenwin could do that because he’s well known in england, but no, they’re always in a hurry to coach at the highest level (international) and people marvel when they fail.

when will we go out and spend the money to hire a good coach from south or Central America who understands concacaf, or better yet an American coach like bob bradley or Bruce arena? these men understand concacaf and has been coaching all over the world gaining valuable experience, my god where did angus eve coach but in the SSFL?

This is another Dennis lawrence experiment, and these local coaches always doing the most mind blowing things like ignoring players they don’t like for shitting waste of time local  players. my god I can’t believe this is happening again, talk about going backwards.

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2021, 11:44:53 AM »
What i have been told is Eve and KJ will be interim and prob after gold cup they lining up some Dutchman.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2021, 12:42:49 PM »
Cheap

1. Competent
2. Affordable

you read too much into things mate. I was simply saying that you all called for his sacking and now it seems like you’re getting more than you bargain for, his sacking and another local flunky to fill in the spaces. it’s like exchanging a tuna for a sardine. nice trade.

And if you keep him, the returns are only diminishing. So there's no doubt that replacement is merited.

I have no problem with a coach being granted the opportunity to be successful. Around here we want success but if failure comes, it must be treated for what it is.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2021, 12:58:31 PM »
Cheap

1. Competent
2. Affordable

And if you keep him, the returns are only diminishing. So there's no doubt that replacement is merited.

I have no problem with a coach being granted the opportunity to be successful. Around here we want success but if failure comes, it must be treated for what it is.
what system? the whole thing stinks to the high heavens. you people are mad folks by constantly putting new wine in old busted bottles. pep gaudiola could take hold of this team and we would still struggle. the reality is that the lads are technically poor and lack quality in that regard, they lack mental toughness and are not patriotic enough to fight hard for country, and maybe it’s because they don’t respect the people who is administrating football, whatever the problem is it’s certainly not their fault, they were not trained to be winners, in fact they were not trained well at all, and asking a coach to fix that is like asking a podiatrist to perform major abdominal surgery.

IMO they should be firing local coaches and brining in better coaches for the league instead if firing international coaches every six months, in fact why not fire The whole league, this is where the problem lies anyway, since 98% of our players started their professional careers in that crappy bush league.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:05:04 PM by pull stones »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2021, 01:01:43 PM »
I don't have an issue with foreign or domestic. I have an issue with stupid money for coaches. Why the hell is he getting $25k a month? Our league and FA are in a shambles, save the damn money to pay off debt, give a local coach a steady wage instead.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2021, 01:08:24 PM »
I don't have an issue with foreign or domestic. I have an issue with stupid money for coaches. Why the hell is he getting $25k a month? Our league and FA are in a shambles, save the damn money to pay off debt, give a local coach a steady wage instead.
why worry about that money when fifa is picking up the tab? now if they hire angus the federation is stuck with the bill, that’s according to andre baptiste….foreign coaches are paid by fifa in this normalization arrangement while local coaches are the responsibility of the federation and their expenses.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2021, 02:35:30 PM »
why worry about that money when fifa is picking up the tab? now if they hire angus the federation is stuck with the bill, that’s according to andre baptiste….foreign coaches are paid by fifa in this normalization arrangement while local coaches are the responsibility of the federation and their expenses.

Are FIFA paying though? They're a bunch of crooks, I doubt they're giving money for free. I wouldn't out it past them to make it a loan

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2021, 02:54:45 PM »

It may be that the reference was about the resolution of unpaid salary and the disparity with which that circumstance is treated as between foreign coaches and local coaches.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2021, 03:08:54 PM »

Are FIFA paying though? They're a bunch of crooks, I doubt they're giving money for free. I wouldn't out it past them to make it a loan
crooks or not they moved and usurped the house, now they are resposible for paying the bills, haddad is not an elected official, he's their govenor and ATM the federation belongs to fifa. anyway, i can;t believe the brainlessness behind TT football, it's all monkey donkey and no one is using their heads for nothing but hating on each other.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2021, 12:32:18 AM »

crooks or not they moved and usurped the house, now they are resposible for paying the bills, haddad is not an elected official, he's their govenor and ATM the federation belongs to fifa. anyway, i can;t believe the brainlessness behind TT football, it's all monkey donkey and no one is using their heads for nothing but hating on each other.

But they're not our ATM! They're paying for their people, all other expenses to come from the TTFA budget. Sure they give to that budget but don't think for a second they want us in anything other than mountains of debt. This is pay back for dominating CONCACAF through the CFU - DJW was the turncoat who broke it up and now its about maintaining the Canada/USA/Mexico control

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2021, 10:14:23 AM »

But they're not our ATM! They're paying for their people, all other expenses to come from the TTFA budget. Sure they give to that budget but don't think for a second they want us in anything other than mountains of debt. This is pay back for dominating CONCACAF through the CFU - DJW was the turncoat who broke it up and now its about maintaining the Canada/USA/Mexico control
It matters not if FIFA is paying that- which  we do not know for a fact- but if one is  paid to prepare a budget for FIFA's allocation of unds- would a sane rationale person  allocate 20k US per month for a coach with out the   experience to lead a national team in a manner worthy of more thoughtful approaches?

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 12, 2021, 10:15:48 AM »
All this talk about Beenie and what Jamaica proposing for Sven, I mean has someone really sat down and mapped out what we want in a coach? Have we considered  creating a profile of what our coach ought to  bring to the table?  Have we done a Needs Assessment to identify what are our specific goals and challenges we have for this coach? Which person best fits our context? who will be the selection committee and who will decided the agenda for this coach? How well could this coach work with our PFL?

Do we want a man to come in the last minute and take seasoned professionals and 'fine tune' what another coach was working on?

Do we want a coach who could train and develop  potential talent?

Do we want a master tactician?

Do we want ah man who could build a solid cohesive system and have an organized team with a balance of scoring and defending?

Do we need a coach who could blend foreign talent with local?

Do we want a coach to just  get us through to the WC?

I think those who are given that responsibility ought to make make public the criteria they are looking for  in a person to coach our national team.

At this time, there appears to be a clamoring for a  man with a reputation as oppose to examining the contextual needs of our situation. I mean if Sven had all the top EPL players at his disposal and could not achieve the level of success as expected , what predictable success would he get out of coaching Jamaica? Is qualifying for the WC we (TNT and Jamaica) are best hoping for?

On the other hand, is Mr.Beenhakker the complete package to meet the alleged ( not sure what these are)needs for our program?

Public debate and  a public disclosure should focus on this if it's public taxpayers funds which would be used to subsidized the cost of  coaches salaries.

Possible Porcesss
P.S. we starting with a blank slate: we will solicit responses from focus groups: THE PLF executive, the public, the player s local and foreign, the TTFF, ummm.. special advisor JW, umm.. former  coaches, local coaches..... mouth men like A.Corneal....

Now we take all that information and we begin the process of finding common trends, common needs and gathering data on needs and  the best fit.

We bring the group back together again to start looking at  submitting names of possible candidates and examining which of these candidates best fits our profile.
For those on the NC appointed seach for a coach... please consider before you make a hasility  sorid decision.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2023, 07:54:41 AM »
All this talk about Beenie and what Jamaica proposing for Sven, I mean has someone really sat down and mapped out what we want in a coach? Have we considered  creating a profile of what our coach ought to  bring to the table?  Have we done a Needs Assessment to identify what are our specific goals and challenges we have for this coach? Which person best fits our context? who will be the selection committee and who will decided the agenda for this coach? How well could this coach work with our PFL?

Do we want a man to come in the last minute and take seasoned professionals and 'fine tune' what another coach was working on?

Do we want a coach who could train and develop  potential talent?

Do we want a master tactician?

Do we want ah man who could build a solid cohesive system and have an organized team with a balance of scoring and defending?

Do we need a coach who could blend foreign talent with local?

Do we want a coach to just  get us through to the WC?

I think those who are given that responsibility ought to make make public the criteria they are looking for  in a person to coach our national team.

At this time, there appears to be a clamoring for a  man with a reputation as oppose to examining the contextual needs of our situation. I mean if Sven had all the top EPL players at his disposal and could not achieve the level of success as expected , what predictable success would he get out of coaching Jamaica? Is qualifying for the WC we (TNT and Jamaica) are best hoping for?

On the other hand, is Mr.Beenhakker the complete package to meet the alleged ( not sure what these are)needs for our program?

Public debate and  a public disclosure should focus on this if it's public taxpayers funds which would be used to subsidized the cost of  coaches salaries.

Possible Porcesss
P.S. we starting with a blank slate: we will solicit responses from focus groups: THE PLF executive, the public, the player s local and foreign, the TTFF, ummm.. special advisor JW, umm.. former  coaches, local coaches..... mouth men like A.Corneal....

Now we take all that information and we begin the process of finding common trends, common needs and gathering data on needs and  the best fit.

We bring the group back together again to start looking at  submitting names of possible candidates and examining which of these candidates best fits our profile.
For those on the NC appointed seach for a coach... please consider before you make a hasility  sorid decision.

ah boi- ah see we back to the age old question. it's 2023 and we eh getting this right- look nah we cyar believe that is ' duncy people ' running we football.

1]; } ?>