March 28, 2024, 03:09:36 AM

Author Topic: What do we want in a coach? : Seriously ; let's be logical here...  (Read 30646 times)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: What do we want in a coach? : TNT we want ah coach!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2006, 11:35:53 AM »
People are we satisfy that the right choice was made?
People are we happy that  the mandate given to this coach is being fulfilled?
People was the hiring of this coach a TTFF initiative?
People are we ready to fully support the initiatives of the TTFF?

If NO to all of the above then why we all so quiet about the TTFF?

...becuz de answer is YES ......if you so against de TTFF den rongs up some of yuh padnahs,all yuh head dong Trini and picket dey ass everyday until dey do what you think is right ....:banginghead: :banginghead:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 07:36:33 PM »
all the talk of Wim ; is only now we coming to some realization about this sort of backarse planning?

Look I asking this so long and is like all kinda deal made in Germany and now as usual we football go suffer. Steups ...I done over and out.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2006, 05:34:01 AM »
all the talk of Wim ; is only now we coming to some realization about this sort of backarse planning?

Look I asking this so long and is like all kinda deal made in Germany and now as usual we football go suffer. Steups ...I done over and out.

I done talk about dat man. The results will do that for me.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2007, 03:15:09 PM »
Once more I ask the question: do we have the best interest  of our national programs when the TTFF appoints a coach  as the one now? What  criteria  what  profile  was created to ensure that the present national coach would take us to the heights of glory? :S.A. 2010

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2007, 11:47:04 PM »
I hear Jamaica is trying to get Scolari. 
If TTFF knows what's good for them, they better try to take Scolari... (Beenhakker vibsing like he has no intentions of staying.)  Scolari will get this team to play both defensively and attacking, and the style will blend well with our T&T style.

Outside of that Jose is a good choice.  ;D

Eh boss change yuh avatar nah  ;D, ah was talking tuh meh self and saying nice post dey Andre, then ah realise was u 1989. Any way nice post dey. Ah know yuh put ah smiley next tuh de line about Jose, but Ilike dat choice also. But hear meh fear wid Jose, cud he work wid ah team dat might only have 2 or 3 players, dat are playing at ah real top level (EPL)? and cud de administration (Jack could afford him) afford 2 pay him? I do agree wid yuh fully and ah will add Klinsman and Bruce Arena. Yes ah just said it Arena, of course he is not in de class ah de other coaches mentioned, but check de man record in de CONCACAF region wid less talented US players dan T&T.

I think he will be ah great fit, cuz, firstly looking at our financial situation as a small island, he cud fit de bill, without having 2 much of a financial strain on our administration or Mr Warner's pocket and secondly, I do have confidence in him doing well, as far competing against de other teams and taking us to SA. Ah know some members might say nah, we want better dan Bruce, yes, of course I do also. Well looking at we budget and still getting an experience man in de business, dat have WCQ and WC experience, tuh me dat is de man right dey. Bruce wid Corneal as his assistant of course, and ah will love tuh squeeze Latapy in dey some how, tuh start grooming him and getting him some national team coaching experience fuh de future. Cuz we cud choose all de amount of coaches we want fuh now, when Latapy ready in de near future, dat bredda need ah fare run as de head coach, for all of T&T 2 see where he is at, as far doing dat job. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 12:01:57 AM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 12:05:21 AM »
Once more I ask the question: do we have the best interest  of our national programs when the TTFF appoints a coach  as the one now? What  criteria  what  profile  was created to ensure that the present national coach would take us to the heights of glory? :S.A. 2010

Dey said interim coach, relax nah family, drink ah juice, chill  ;D. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 12:15:44 AM »
What we don't need right now is another Trinidadian coach.

why u say so? the german coach learnt the game to the players of the team yuh dont think a trainer is a player?iabd is part of a team? so a trinidadian coach  can play his ball now aint no shame to learn yuh see?

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007, 12:23:30 AM »
What we don't need right now is another Trinidadian coach.

why u say so? the german coach learnt the game to the players of the team yuh dont think a trainer is a player?iabd is part of a team? so a trinidadian coach  can play his ball now aint no shame to learn yuh see?

iabd is part of a team..sorry my wirelless keyboard is making jokes its 7 am here i might be to far from my screen but its sunday morning and i already real easy  :rotfl:

i just wanted to say that a trinibagonian coach is definetely part of the national team  and not a part for real i jus want cry when i imagine the trinibagonian coach doh make us cry make us proud and show us that you have learn somthing out of LB and WR.Real

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2007, 12:31:42 AM »
maybe we need a dwight york type of coach,boy we really need a coach guadeloupe is coming soon i know "ca a louper" but we can't play like this for too long...

is there some elections coming for the next trainer?

I mean the board is full of positivism and great vision but we need to see it clear

Olande don't do bad ;)

my priestress is here..

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2007, 12:35:12 AM »
sweet dreams to everyone i know you are all rrrrronnnnling...how u say that noise when u sleep in english in french we say ronfler...I jus split with my exgirlfriend because of that im gonna rob dark vador to have an happy life in silence swwwwiz swiiiiizz...

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2007, 12:36:02 AM »
Trinba, yuh alright ? Ah see yuh making posts and answering dem fuh yuh self, lawd, lawd  ???  :-\. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2007, 12:51:50 AM »
Trinba, yuh alright ? Ah see yuh making posts and answering dem fuh yuh self, lawd, lawd  ???  :-\. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Mey boi getting married to a french girl in April 08 (ah going to Paris for a week).... Ah go try to vibes him up if I can, and find out more about "trinba" and he real scene.

but in truth de man on ah real jones oui...

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2007, 02:13:45 AM »

Mey boi getting married to a french girl in April 08 (ah going to Paris for a week).... Ah go try to vibes him up if I can, and find out more about "trinba" and he real scene.

but in truth de man on ah real jones oui...

:rotfl:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2007, 04:51:43 AM »
boy u makin the anwsers the same

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2007, 06:47:58 PM »
Did we get what we want in a coach in A. Corneal?

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2007, 07:39:01 PM »

How yuh expect ppl to answer that  ??? What is Anton record since he was name coach  ??? Buh you want tuh know if 'we get what we want in a coach' ...Give de man ah facking chance,let him show what he can do with our senior team,only ah fool wud judge him on the results of the under 17.
Is like Tallman and dem giving away torch lite for who make de most thread in ah year or wha ? You does be asking de same thing in nearly every one ah de 317026195651284754 thread yuh start...steuppps 
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2007, 07:39:49 PM »
Oh gorm Ab, which coach  in the world/universe  would make everybody happy ? everybody not even happy with one god....ah realize yuh wha create some discussion and debate, buh is ah lose-lose situation...if in the final analysis, we on about AC not being ideal, yuh juss go frustrate man, when we at that point face the fact that he shouldn't be dey, yet we still have to support him, an nuthen we can do about it, if we say, well yes, then we supportin anyway.......reread this thread, an repost when AC gone thru...here is a topic to create discussion, pass time, and anyhow  yuh take it some might be happy...WHO Alvin pickin for 1st game....all local, or all foreign, or mix...who wil be the forwards between, SJ, KJ, JS, Dr, SS, will he use 1, 2 or 3...who in midfield, no DY, no RL, no CE...where in the TI world is Hardest...anything so..everything we dun talk bout, but with ah corneal mix in.. .buh how yuh go ask - nah repost - bout if ppl get wha dey want in Corneal, wait, ah jus realize dah question was for trinba ? wtf wrong with me boy...sorry...sorry...sorry

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2007, 02:09:02 AM »

How yuh expect ppl to answer that  ??? What is Anton record since he was name coach  ??? Buh you want tuh know if 'we get what we want in a coach' ...Give de man ah facking chance,let him show what he can do with our senior team,only ah fool wud judge him on the results of the under 17.
Is like Tallman and dem giving away torch lite for who make de most thread in ah year or wha ? You does be asking de same thing in nearly every one ah de 317026195651284754 thread yuh start...steuppps 

I totally agree wid yuh post Berris, yuh know we good so, if ah doh like yuh post, ah will tell yuh de same way, but always wid respect. Any way, another thing ah doh understand wid AB.Trini, ah doh know if he does be pushing fuh de thread tuh have x amount of pages or what, but he does ask a bunch ah questions and throw in ah bunch ah posts in dey at full speed. Yuh might get pissed off at Supa, but dat is all right, cuz we are grown people here and we suppose tuh talk we mind. So long as we doh disrespect each other, is cool by me. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2007, 09:52:10 AM »
With due respect to all who wish to  express their opinions:

It is not a matter of challenging the present coach's ability , record or credentials, I am simply asking the question, given our present program, is  he the BEST person for the job?

How is it that TTFF goes about selecting a coach? what criterion is that selection based on? Yes
Mr. Corneal has some acquired knowledge based on his associations with previous coaches; was this a criteria?  Then does success at one level equate to success at another? We witnessed that experiment with Mr. St. Clair.

It was not to long ago that folks were clamoring for a reputable  international coach with noteworthy experience; what  mitigating factors changed that course of action? I am not against a well qualified local coach and frankly I wish Mr. Corneal well ..... his success will inadvertently equate to our national team's success.

I am also of the opinion that former players like Latas, Yorke, Hart and Shaka, with their knowledge, experience, exposure to  different coaches, strategies and styles of football could  add to our coaching team. Is there any thought to this composition to lead us through to 2010?

Frankly, I am the age  or at that stage where I am not posting for popularity nor  for  affirmation. My postings are strictly aimed at commenting on the state of  our national programs in TNT. I am not here to 'call out' anyone or to offend; if that occurred, I am sorry that happened.

"Talk Yuh Talk" ......This site is for the "die hard" football supporters of Trinidad & Tobago. Please feel free to post an article or ask question(s) on football, the players or just give us your views on any games."

My humble opinions

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2008, 10:05:38 PM »
Let's answer this question first before we talk about foreign coach versus local coach.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2008, 10:44:31 AM »
The Good is often the enemy of the Best. We need a developmental stage. Actually Maturana with his predisposition for young boys and the proleague fits the bill for exposing young talent. After two years just before the Gold cup we need to hire a coach to blend the old with the new. So that we can look at the best of both worlds.
 That is the way forward. In all honesty we never ask what we want in a coach. Gally's mantra is that we play Trini style football, a culture thing. Beats and flair and crowd jumping up despite the scoreline at the end of the day.
 Despite what was said of Porters- Rest his soul. He did tighten the defence and we played attractive football- Remember the 2 we put on Canada.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2008, 10:49:29 AM »

Trini style football, a culture thing. Beats and flair and crowd jumping up despite the scoreline at the end of the day.

dais de damn ting self.... we hadda like weself

Dem fellas hurting eyes dese days...

so can we win and look good? or is that an oxymoron with our present skill and talent levels?
Is there a balance and what sort of coach can find that balance if it exists?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
what about the Stuart Charles connection ?
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2009, 09:57:22 AM »
I dont want to seem pessimistic but I dont hold out much hope for the soca warriors this time around..at least not unless we do some different things.I cant say what the solution is but, like everyone, I can see that we are not cutting it at this level. Are we all surprised ? ..I think not and some of us will admit that it is more out of a sense of loyalty and hope that we stilll are on board..and we will never leave. In light of all that has been mentioned in other threads..and there is little need to rehash ....I wish to suggest the handing over of the Soca Warriors to Stuart Charles Fervier...temporarily.Nolw many a temporary coach has gone on to big things as we all know ...but i am just looking at a cost effective  attempt to regroup.We will have some time to regroup until the next game and I cant see Maturana doing any more than he has already done. There is therefore no need for the big money, big name coach at this time ...especially in light of the results so far ..It is not that I dont think Maturans is a good coach but that he cant get the best out of our players....so I cant see him staying on and this break is a good time to get someone else in .Latapy could support Stuart Charles , they both know the players ...some of the players have been coached by Charles since boyhood . He is an active coach in the league and by way of preparation for Pro league games would already know more than enough about them.Charles is sure to bring in his youth coach leonsen Lewis somewhere ..Think of it latapy, Yorke, Lewis together again ....maybe we might see a difference ??

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: what about the Stuart Charles connection ?
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2009, 10:07:31 AM »
he was coach already. failed

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2009, 10:11:38 AM »

From what I remember ..wasn't given a fair chance ...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2009, 10:17:06 AM »
I wouldn't classify him as a failure. De TTFF jes abruptly replace him with Bertille without any reason being given. He was at the helm for 8 games, won 2, lost 3, and drew 3.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2009, 10:26:56 AM »

From what I remember ..wasn't given a fair chance ...

D man get ah URP
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »
Exerpt from interview of Leonsen Lewis by Tallman....judge for yourself ..

You returned to Trinidad & Tobago in 2002 at the age of 36 and played one season for W-Connection. You then went on to coach their U-20 team. Do you see yourself pursuing coaching for the foreseeable future?
LEONSON: I just finished a Level 3 coaching course which I topped. And they take the top two coaches to England. It’s about 20 coaches from all over the world who are invited to England. Once you get that, you can coach anywhere in the world. It’s a FIFA licensed course. But before all of that, when I started coaching I was kind of lost. I used to play football and I knew something about the game, but I never really coached anybody.

WN: Was it a different perspective?
LEONSON: Yes. Then I had Stuart Charles, who I played under for one year. To me, he is the best coach in the Caribbean.

WN: I have heard that from a lot of people.
LEONSON: I’ll tell you why. I played professionally for 13 years and I had a lot of coaches, and there was one coach who stood out, Jorge Jesus (currently coaches Belenenses). Up to this day we remain friends. He basically taught me everything I know about football, in terms of tactics, how to watch the other team, how to know what they are playing, how to get your team to play. And when I came back home people were telling me that Stuart Charles is a good coach and I said “yeh, but none of allyuh eh play professionally.” In my first four years in Portugal, I learned nothing. Russell and I learned nothing, we just played. We just knew that I played left wing and he played midfield. And this man taught me all about football. So to come home and meet somebody who is better than the man who was my best coach in Portugal? That says it all. The sessions he conducts is so game-like and professional, the way how he handles a team, the video sessions are even better than what I did in Portugal. He’s complete. The man is passionate about the game. He’s a total coach. If Trinidad & Tobago didn’t make it with Beenhakker, they would have made it with him.

WN: That is one of the things I never understood. When Fevrier was in charge of the national team in 2003 , they toured Africa and did reasonably well. They came back and next thing you know, Bertille St. Clair is the new coach. For me, the time for bringing back St. Clair had already passed. He was undeservingly fired in 2000 and now it seemed as though the TTFF were trying to make amends. To my knowledge, no reason was ever given publicly for the firing of Fevrier.
LEONSON: Let me tell you why the brought back Bertille and got rid of Stuart Charles. Fevrier is not a “yes” man and what he says goes. When he is controlling the team, he’s controlling the team. Nobody can tell him who to bring in the team, who to give a trial or who to play or who not to play. They brought in Bertille because they wanted someone who they could control. I don’t think I would ever coach a Trinidad & Tobago team because I don’t want my friends, peers and teammates fighting me down for a Trinidad & Tobago job. I spoke with Jack Warner and he told me that everybody on the committee thought that Fevrier was the man for the job. I told Jack “I don’t want anything from you, I am just trying to advise you because I’m passionate about the game and I love my country and I want to see my country do their best.” Jack and I sat down in his office and I told him “All I want is a proper coach to coach my national team. I have worked with this man for 4 years and he is the man for the job.” They gave him the job and I congratulated Jack and I said “Finally we could go somewhere.” They then fired him and I called Jack and he said “Leonson, I alone cannot keep him there. If everybody else on the committee is telling me that the man is doing this and doing that, and everyone is fighting down the man, then I have no choice but to remove him.”

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2009, 10:49:43 AM »
Pacho may or may not get fired. But those players can't take we to Jo'burg. They may pull a win or two, but I will be totally surprised if they get 4th place. Our guys as a team, not individually, don't have cohension. They not controlling the ball, they not running in to spaces. They only hitting long balls. Our mid is non-existent. Our guys can run fast but they weak. Theses guys are professionals. They don't show it.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2009, 06:03:57 PM »
 We could wail out and gnash our teeth for a new coach BUT WE STILL NEED TO ANSWER THE QUESTION: What do we want in a coach for TNT?

1]; } ?>