March 28, 2024, 05:11:07 AM

Author Topic: What do we want in a coach? : Seriously ; let's be logical here...  (Read 30648 times)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If Jack Only make the mistake and give Terry
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2009, 02:58:58 PM »
Fenwick along with latapy this team. We will qualify. I dont know what Fenwick do to Jack but he (Jack) needs to put away petty grudges for the sake of the country and give Fenwick the team. Fenwick does not need time to acclimatise and judging from the work he has done with Jab should do a much better job than Maturana.

However if he decides to continue his vindictiveness then at least get rid of Maturana. After that I really dont care who is in charge......well not really....dont call back BSC niether.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: If Jack Only make the mistake and give Terry
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2009, 03:15:10 PM »
but he (Jack) needs to put away petty grudges for the sake of the country making more money as the special advisor of the TTFF
he definitely NOT DOIN this for the beneifit of the Country, believe you me
but seems to be a very viable option, according to some, at this juncture
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2009, 04:07:24 PM »
Yha know i never thourgh of him as T&T couch but that just may work :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2009, 06:15:19 PM »
Yha know i never thourgh of him as T&T couch but that just may work :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Mouie I like you Jack sig pic, I like the warm glasses-less smile(lol)- Very Disturbing to say the least.

I also think that Terry Fenwick might be a good pick, as he know Concacaf football and our players, the only cause for concern I have with that is that I heard someone say that doesn't pick people over a certain age, that can't work for us now, because our youth development system is lacking, so though we have so many talented and skillful youths, not that many would be able to play a solid comfortable game at WCQ level(like say Hyland, who's an exception), not saying our experienced players presently play solid and comfortable game, but just that with proper coaching they can do it in the shortterm, whereas with the youths it will take them much longer.(eg. Aklie Edwards)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
New TNT Coach ?
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2009, 06:27:35 PM »
How about Stephan Hart
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 04:11:57 AM by Flex »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New TNT Coach
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2009, 06:51:23 PM »
How about Stephan Hart
Breds put ah question mark on yuh thread nah man!!!! yuh make it look like maturana was fired and we got ah new coach! ppl dun on edge already, doh intensify it no more than it already is nah breds, please.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 07:37:00 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2009, 06:53:49 PM »
How about Stephan Hart
Breds put ah question mark on yuh thread nah man!!!! yuh make it look like maturana was fired and we got ah new coach! ppl dun on edge already, doh intensify it no more than it already is nah bred, please.

I agree with just cool dey!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2009, 06:54:48 PM »
As soon as I see was Alberta post it ,I knew lol.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2009, 06:58:56 PM »
As soon as I see was Alberta post it ,I knew lol.

Yup.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

truetrini

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2009, 07:25:42 PM »
Allyuh feel Stephen Hart is ah fcoking jackass?  He eh coming to play de arse with jack and he damn interference.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2009, 07:39:15 PM »
Whim was all ah dem fadda. BRING BACK WHIM!

Corbeaux

« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2009, 08:00:59 PM »
I would like Sven because of his organisation qualities and tatics as that is what we lack most but like he going back to the EPL.

Corbeaux

« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2009, 08:14:45 PM »

Mouie I like you Jack sig pic, I like the warm glasses-less smile(lol)- Very Disturbing to say the least.

I also think that Terry Fenwick might be a good pick, as he know Concacaf football and our players, the only cause for concern I have with that is that I heard someone say that doesn't pick people over a certain age, that can't work for us now, because our youth development system is lacking, so though we have so many talented and skillful youths, not that many would be able to play a solid comfortable game at WCQ level(like say Hyland, who's an exception), not saying our experienced players presently play solid and comfortable game, but just that with proper coaching they can do it in the shortterm, whereas with the youths it will take them much longer.(eg. Aklie Edwards)
I personally think we need a forreign coach because on Wednesday, our team was all ofer the field and not organised properly. The superiority if the US tactically made our team look worse than they actually are.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2009, 09:46:19 PM »
Is Fenwick interested in the job?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2009, 09:47:31 PM »
Stephen was on the early blacklist when he played with strikers.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2009, 10:01:36 PM »
Is Fenwick interested in the job?

He was on record on I95.5 fm today saying he was interested.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2009, 10:06:19 PM »
I would like Sven because of his organisation qualities and tatics as that is what we lack most but like he going back to the EPL.
He cyah coach England or Mexico, so he could coach lil TnT?  :puking:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2009, 10:12:30 PM »
Fenwick along with latapy this team. We will qualify. I dont know what Fenwick do to Jack but he (Jack) needs to put away petty grudges for the sake of the country and give Fenwick the team. Fenwick does not need time to acclimatise and judging from the work he has done with Jab should do a much better job than Maturana.

However if he decides to continue his vindictiveness then at least get rid of Maturana. After that I really dont care who is in charge......well not really....dont call back BSC niether.

I done say all dis since last night...

In addition to playing an attractive brand ah football (from all reports), he places an emphasis on defense.

Aside from nice football with a defensive bent... he's proven himself a winner with the talent that he has.

Nice, defensive, winning football aside... from reading his comments and interviews he's knowledgeable about the game.

Nice defensive, winning football and knowledge of the game aside... MORE THAN ANYBODY right now with a similar CV, he knows our players.

All ah dat (mih hand crampin') and he knows the culture and could communicate to the players from both a sense of knowledge and a sense of understanding.  He knows the Trinidadian psyche and he knows the psyche of the Trini footballer.  He know which button to push and likely, when to give an encouraging word.  If yuh looking fuh somebody to come in RIGHT NOW and hit the ground running, I challenge you to name one other person more qualified, who knows the players inside out, who won't need additional time to assess players and won't need something of a learning curve. Time is of the essence and he's the right man, right now.

----------

Triniairman...

Fenwick and the TTFF had a falling out right after Germany with Jabloteh's supposed refusal to release the players for National duty under Wim.  TTFF retaliated by not picking Jabloteh players for a couple games.  Then you had the running feud between him and McComie while McComie was coach of Joe Public... that engendered even more bad blood inside de Warner camp.  McComie go so far as to accuse him of using racist language leading to a big ProLeague investigation... which cleared Fenwick, but the damage was done.  To top that off he's never been one to bite his tongue and he has been critical of the TTFF in the past... I can't remember specifically, but I seem to recall him weighing in on the players side during the WC bonus dispute.

Suffice to say he's something of a persona non grata inside de offices on Dundonald St.

----------

Kicker, supposedly he on record as being interested.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2009, 10:21:19 PM »
Well Bakes, after the earthquake in China last year Jackula declared that he is "changed".  So who knows Fenwick will probably get a hearing....then again a vampire doh change its fangs.... :devil:

Right now Maturana have mih so desperate....any body will do yes....*sigh*

(p.s. check yuh PM)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2009, 10:48:10 PM »
I love u guys too bad.. too freakn bad... In the eyes of a Warrior should be a random thread...

Offline jimmel14

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2009, 10:49:21 PM »
i agree.. u had me heart Jumping dey oui..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2009, 11:10:49 PM »
How about Stephan Hart

SH is a good candidate I agree but not sure if Jack will consider as SH was Jacklisted in the past!

Btw change that headline to "Suggestions for New TNT Coach" nah man!!!

Yuh making people jumpy and all fools day gone!!  :o
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 12:06:35 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2009, 02:20:07 AM »
Only problem with Fenwick being the coach is that it would be very hard for the national side to be a Jabloteh plus Kenwyne and Carlos side. Maybe Ince and Birchy too...

Bateau and Primus starting, Latas and Yorke will be on the coachin staff, Guerra playing in front of Keon Daniel and Trent Noel guaranteed sweat. Cleon John will be back up goalie and I guess he know Hyland enough for him to start. Actually...this side sounding decent. Hyland will cut in from the left, Birchie and Trent Noel in the middle, Carlos on the right.Kenwyne up front with Guerra behind him and Hector Sam and Cornell Glen as two different options on the bench (one skilful, one speedy and both at Jabloteh). Who is Jabloteh left back though?

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2009, 03:22:36 AM »

I personally think we need a forreign coach because on Wednesday, our team was all ofer the field and not organised properly. The superiority if the US tactically made our team look worse than they actually are.

but it was a foreign coach for wednesday's against U.S.A !!
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2009, 05:32:06 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2003/jun/16/theknowledge.sport

And he has never managed an international side before.
And he would have to make the leap from the Pro League to World Cup Qualifiers.

But otherwise he would be a great choice  ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What do we want in a coach? : TNT we want ah coach!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2009, 07:13:14 AM »
Why some people does get totol-bay every time they hear JA doing this and doing that. Wha happen we don't have a mind of we own. If JA say they going Scolari we should fight for he too. Why we are such a bunch of followers..

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2009, 07:19:45 AM »
He cyah coach England or Mexico, so he could coach lil TnT?  :puking:

A straight case of people say the stupidest things.... :beermug:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2009, 09:33:14 PM »
All this talk about who we want in ah coach and fire the coach but no one has given , in my opinion, adequate qualities they want in a COACH.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2010, 10:04:48 AM »
The age old discourse around coaching TnT seems to be part of us like 'rice and peas' yet there does not seem to be any solid reasoning as to what flavors or ingredients to add to the plate to give us the desired results.

Have there ever been any public disclosure as to the criteria or credentials we are seeking in a coach? Is there a search committee, is there a selection committee? is there a  bonafide interview process? What are those entrusted with  overseeing our program really want for  our program and the ultimate goal of qualifying for WC?

Should a coach be strong in  developing players ( the process), so as to warrant a sustainable program rather than focusing on a \one shot in the dark' success?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 11, 2010, 10:10:25 AM »
The question has not been fully answered. People have bandied about names of prospective coaches but have yet identified the qualities we ought to have in one who  would best qualified to coach TnT. So what if the  SW forum members were given the job to be ' headhunters' , to search out and to select the next  coach for our senior team, what would we  want in a coach?

Would we want someone who :
  • Familiary with the culture
    Understands the demands of  coaching in TnT
    Skillful tactician
    Strong technical knowledge
    Knows how to manage egos
    An Ability to get the best from the most underskilled players
    Could stand up to the bureaucracies of the TTFF
    Will not be puppet ' of you know who
Works well with underachievers

What else ???????? a savior? messiah?  a magic maker? a......

1]; } ?>