April 19, 2024, 11:55:03 AM

Author Topic: Maha Sabha invites Indian footballer to inspire youths  (Read 42735 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Maha Sabha invites Indian footballer to inspire youths
« on: July 06, 2006, 03:20:49 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=160978848

Maha Sabha invites Indian footballer to inspire youths

Ariti Jankie South Bureau

Thursday, July 6th 2006

The Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha has invited French League footballer Vikash Dhorasoo to Trinidad, for a visit aimed at inspiring Hindu youths to play football.

SDMS secretary general Sat Maharaj made the announcement on Tuesday, noting that football and the recent performance of the Soca Warriors at the 2006 World Cup in Germany had impacted on the most conservative groups.

He said the Maha Sabha, which focuses mainly on religion, culture and education, had decided to introduce football in all its schools, temples and other institutions as a result of the Soca Warriors' World Cup impact.

Maharaj said FIFA vice president Jack Warner had already contacted Dhorasoo on the Maha Sabha's invitation.

Dhorasoo, a midfielder with Paris St Germain, was born in Mauritius of Indian parentage. The family had earlier migrated from Andra Pradesh, India.

He grew up in La Havre, Normandy, after leaving Mauritius and played for Le Havre from 1993-1998, Lyon 1998 -2001 and 2004, Bordeaux (2001-2002) and Italian Serie A side AC Milan in 2004-2005 season. He twice won the French League title with Olympique Lyonnais in 2002 and 2004.

He is the first player of Indian descent to ever participate in the FIFA World Cup finals.

Maharaj said they had taken the decision to invite the player because they believe Hindu parents, especially mothers, dissuade their sons from taking part in contact sports like football.

"Young Indian boys are more inclined to play cricket, table tennis, badminton and even lawn tennis where the facilities are available to display individual skills," he said, noting that a broken bone or a twisted ankle during a football match could traumatise an entire family. The visit would be sponsored by the Maha Sabha.

As soon as men say Indian/Hindu and football in the same sentence licks does pelt on this board like jab jab fighting carnival monday... I thought it might be interesting to see the responses to this...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Maha Sabha invites Indian footballer to inspire youths
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 03:26:39 PM »
no problem with that..I say the more the merrier....TnT football will benefit...as long as the politics stay out..

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 03:30:13 PM »
lord

doh waste allyuh time taking on Sat Maharaj nah...he is ethnocentric beyond belief sometimes

Dhorasoo is a big player and I understand why he is expected to influence Indian children but I think doing that only reinforcing the same schupid stereotypes upon the youths

Dhorasoo will prob prove more significant in INDIA. But bring him, if is not only Indian youths he going to talk to

we just had 23 TRINIDADIANS make an appearance in the World Cup for the first time ever. Why Sat doh ask one of them?!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 03:32:43 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 03:32:10 PM »
I say this is a good move. We need greater representation in TNT football. This also gives us a much larger talent pool to choose from. The world needs to know that Trinbagonians are a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural melting pot.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 03:34:32 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_news?id=160978848

," he said, noting that a broken bone or a twisted ankle during a football match could traumatise an entire family.  :o.

Well its a good idea by the way he should also get a few of our national footballers to tour the temples and school also.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bob

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 03:54:50 PM »
I jess wanna kno why we warriors can't inspire the yutes... ???

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 03:59:47 PM »

He is the first player of Indian descent to ever participate in the FIFA World Cup finals.

NOT TRUE
Aron WINTER played for the Netherlands in 1994 & 1998...indian from surinam

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 04:06:14 PM »
I always say we need to utilize our ENTIRE talent pool. So perhaps some good will come of this. Bring him oui.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 04:17:06 PM »
I jess wanna kno why we warriors can't inspire the yutes... ???
all de yutes dats a good question

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 05:55:53 PM »
but wey de ass is this dread??? why sat and warner doh call war... I does kick serious ball ,I does drink serious rum and I is A Indian too.... I could teach dem fellas reall good.. and I go to it for free.. all dey have to do is during Carnival buy mi a ticket and I reach..

warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 06:04:36 PM »
Dat is a real kick in de ass fuh de Soca Warriors from Sat.

He go invite a foreigner to inspire Trinbagonians when de whole a Trinbago done inspired already by de deeds of de Warriors?

Sat wit he bullshit again.  Me eh care who vex....dat is assness.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 06:11:52 PM »
Why does a guy who has no connection at all to Trinidad ,who does not even speak English for that matter have an inherent ability to inspire hindu boys to play more football ? Steups. Let's be honest here, apart from people like us on this site, who follow football religiously, how many Trinidadians even know about Dhorasoo ? I would have thought that Dwight Yorke or Carlos Edwards would be more suited to motivating hindu boys in Trinidad to play football.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 06:16:20 PM »
I noticed thus far that the majority of responses are from exiled Trin's. As a local based Trini let me tell you all in case that you do not know or have forgotten that Sat Mahraj is a nasty racist. So doh expect no Soca Warrior to go in any temple. This man said he will disown his daughter if she marries an African.

Some boys from the ghetto get a million dollars and the first thing he said is that he wants football in all hindu schools. I work in the Ministry of Education nothing eh stopping hindu schools from playing football.

Let him bring the man I hope he know he from Mauritius and not India.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 06:22:52 PM »
lord

doh waste allyuh time taking on Sat Maharaj nah...he is ethnocentric beyond belief sometimes

Dhorasoo is a big player and I understand why he is expected to influence Indian children but I think doing that only reinforcing the same schupid stereotypes upon the youths
Dhorasoo will prob prove more significant in INDIA. But bring him, if is not only Indian youths he going to talk to

we just had 23 TRINIDADIANS make an appearance in the World Cup for the first time ever. Why Sat doh ask one of them?!

I have to agree with this point. These guys seem to be only intrested in fueling the fire. When we were growing up it did not matter what race you were but now everybody is making a point to make the distinction. We do not need Indian footballers to Inspire indians youths....we need good footballers to inspire all the youths.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 06:24:40 PM »
another BOSS move by meh homey Sat.. why can't everybody in Trinidad be as innovative as sat? Dem Soca Warriors too damm ungrateful.

Jefferz, like you geh leff out breds..
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 06:29:11 PM by Jumbie »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 06:39:20 PM »
the man ain't innovative he wants my tax dollars to be paid the trip. It is the gov't he wants to fund this trip.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bob

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 06:50:25 PM »
Ok...and when de government deny him now, alyuh kno wat go happen... :-[

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 06:55:29 PM »
Dat is a real kick in de ass fuh de Soca Warriors from Sat.

He go invite a foreigner to inspire Trinbagonians when de whole a Trinbago done inspired already by de deeds of de Warriors?

Sat wit he bullshit again.  Me eh care who vex....dat is assness.
de man want to bend it like vindaloo

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 10:16:58 PM »
Ah wonder when Sat Maharaj will start thinking about de country Trinidad and Tobago.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 10:46:11 PM »
why yuh hadda bring an indian man to inspire Trinidadians... cuz as far as im concerned the Indians of Trinidad and Tobago should be inspired by their own players who have done us extremely proud in this World Cup...

As I am sure many Indians are as they are all avid supporters of our team...

yuh doh look tuh fix wuh eh broke... if yuh gunna continue on doing so your only inviting trouble... in this case racial division.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Source

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 11:59:09 PM »
Why didn't he invite Bobby Sookram the greatest Indian foootballer to play for T&T? I'm sure he would have done it for free.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 01:48:13 AM »
Some ah allyuh on this mb good oui....Sat Maraj is a racist....the duttiest kind of racist there is.....with that said let me ask who is allyuh favorite footballer(s) and if they are of a different race is that a factor  when you consider how much you admire them as a player?...most liklely not....let Sat Maraj haul his racist arse....

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 03:46:06 AM »
This is the most racist thing i ever see in my life.

If Trinidad didnt qualify for the world cup, i MIGHT have tried to see his point, but this dutty stinking mudda kant called sat is a flicking mad man!!

Why does everything have to be Indian and African for him?

Broken bones? Twisted ankle? dat does only affect indian people? steups!! what about a fawking cork ball in yuh chest!!

Jack Warner is a fool for encouraging this shit!!

Once again, we have shown that we prefer to be the laughing stock of the world!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 05:24:10 AM »
Let me tell allyuh smoething right now. I used to work with Sat son, Vidya Tota-Maharaj. He has a child with an AFRICAN girl. Of course de father lock him off, but he nah business. So Sat have extra bitterness when it comes to mixing the races because of what his son did (seemingly the unforgiveable sin). :devil:

Sat is among the last (hopefully) of a dying breed of indians who still holding on to the dream of Little Hindustan, i.e. making Trinidad an indian state. I always said, even in the midst of the UNC racial division campaign, that sooner or later all of dem, especially Panday and Sat, going to die. They eh have much time left on this eart, thank god!

I only pray that their nonsense dies with dem. So yuh eh want to dilute your bloodlines with african blood. Fine. You believe your people are better fine. Keep dat to your self. Do not try to influence and disrupt the entire country with your racist, ignorant, backward, and very narrow minded bullsh*t.

What de hell is Sat trying to say here? Dat he doh consider the Soca Warriors to be a representation of Trinidad, or of "his people"? Where was he when the rest of the country was jumping for joy? Do you mean to say that he did not celebrate with the rest of the country, because there wasn't an indian player on the team? It certainly looks that way.

Read between the lines people. No african, no matter what their achievement, good enough to talk to "their youths". After all, how can someone as high as an indian possibly be inspired by that lowest of creatures, the african man. Steups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah tell yuh, is man like Sat does make me shame to say I have indian blood sometimes.

Let Sat and dem hull dey mudder!
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

MickeyRat

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 05:38:37 AM »
 ???
I guess it involved football.  If men had to say how they truly felt, it go mash-up this board. 

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 05:43:40 AM »
Putting aside the fact that Sat is a racist for a moment....and yes he is.
I've met quite a few in the Maha Sabha that are.

I've also met many black ppl that automatically back a black athlete vs. a non black athlete - every tıme.

Some are racist but some refer to it as racial pride.

I can understand as I always feel good if I see India do well in ınternational sport - teamwise or indivdually. If İndia had been in this WC I would have backed them vs every team except Trinidad.

The point of having our own locals speak to the players is a great idea, many would have been wide eyed to have a Dwight Yorke, Latas or sancho speak to them.

However, ıt would be also inspiring to have a fellow İndian speak to you. Remember many Indians share a very simıliar culture and can immediately relate to each other no matter what part of the world they meet in.

Back in the 80s an All Black team from England came to TT, nobody had a problem with it.

Yes sat is all about Indıans but there is a postıve to be derived from this even though it has to be connected to the MS.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 06:29:41 AM »

I've also met many black ppl that automatically back a black athlete vs. a non black athlete - every tıme.

I can understand as I always feel good if I see India do well in ınternational sport - teamwise or indivdually. If İndia had been in this WC I would have backed them vs every team except Trinidad.

The point of having our own locals speak to the players is a great idea, many would have been wide eyed to have a Dwight Yorke, Latas or sancho speak to them.

However, ıt would be also inspiring to have a fellow İndian speak to you. Remember many Indians share a very simıliar culture and can immediately relate to each other no matter what part of the world they meet in.

Back in the 80s an All Black team from England came to TT, nobody had a problem with it.

Yes sat is all about Indıans but there is a postıve to be derived from this even though it has to be connected to the MS.

VB

How does a man born in Mauritius , who  has never even seen Trinidad or speak English for that matter have a similar cultural background to any Trinidadian ? It is just illogical. I've interated with Senegalese, Ghanans and Nigerians and they are nothing like Caribbean people. I've also Interacted with Indian and they behave nothing like us. They have had different historical evolutionary paths in their respective nations. All these diasporadic people are not only divided by thousands of miles but hundreds of years. We are not Africans or Indians we are Trinidadians and Tobagonians.

Sat is a nasty racist and this is just another demonstration of his backward thinking. The idea is to bring an "Indian" man to come talk to our boys. That rationale presumes that the children have the same racial complexes as he. Take my stupid advice when I say that the likes Dwight Yorke and Carlos Edwards or any other Soca Warrior for that matter is more culturally compatible with hindu boys in Trinidad than Vikash Dhorasoo.

One last thing the comment about the black team coming from England in the 80s , I would have been a small child at the time. I don't know about it , but if it was for the same reason Sat want bring that frenchman here I would have been just as upset about it.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 06:29:52 AM »
I eh a INDIAN .......and all this Maha Sabha talk I find painting my country in a bad light. If and outsider was to read this it would be interpreted as Trinidad would not have Indians on the team even though they could............to this I say Bullshit. Honestly I only know a handful of REAL GOOD Indian ballers from Trini. Not saying it don`t have plenty Indian that does kick ball, but to make a NATIONAL TEAM you have to be realllllllll good and I eh meet to much a dem that fit the bill.

Yeah getting more yutes of anY race to kick ball in Trinidad is a plus, but why is only Indian this one geared at. Is all this kinda alienation that does breed frigging resentment..............Tell Sat to go back Mumbai if he so flicking Indo centric

I is a TRINBAGOIAN.............all this shit does do is breed intolerance. Sat is a waste of Time. He should offer up Dhorasoo to speak to chirren of Trinidad............So wah if Zidane pass through he should only talk to the Muslim kids ?? Damn is Trinidad and Tobago we from ........every creed and race find an equal race..wham to that  ???

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 06:58:05 AM »

VB

so wait nah, I'm half indian half chinese....bring down a famous chindian to trinidad to inspire the chindians....what pack of assness i hearing here.....

to play devil's advocate though, vb have a point....they have men on this board who backing france cause they have black players...and support african teams cause they have black players....so yuh could kinda see Sat's thinking....

but that doh take away from he's still a racist asshole, and any soca warrior would have been a better inpiration

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2006, 07:11:12 AM »
so wait nah, I'm half indian half chinese....bring down a famous chindian to trinidad to inspire the chindians....what pack of assness i hearing here.....

We could bring down van bronckhorst for your benefit!

1]; } ?>