April 28, 2024, 06:27:10 PM

Author Topic: Maha Sabha invites Indian footballer to inspire youths  (Read 42898 times)

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Maha Sabha invites Indian footballer to inspire youths
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2006, 09:55:14 AM »
berris ah just putting 2 an 2 together here because the amount ah LA LA yuh post lead meh to say, check Desmond for details because like yuh belong to de TU TU tribe......

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2006, 10:36:10 AM »
berris ah just putting 2 an 2 together here because the amount ah LA LA yuh post lead meh to say, check Desmond for details because like yuh belong to de TU TU tribe......

ok genius !!!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2006, 10:56:37 AM »
Yet another topic has digressed into nonsense. ::) >:(
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2006, 11:45:46 AM »
This is the most racist thing i ever see in my life.

If Trinidad didnt qualify for the world cup, i MIGHT have tried to see his point, but this dutty stinking mudda kant called sat is a flicking mad man!!

Why does everything have to be Indian and African for him?

Broken bones? Twisted ankle? dat does only affect indian people? steups!! what about a fawking cork ball in yuh chest!!

Jack Warner is a fool for encouraging this shit!!

Once again, we have shown that we prefer to be the laughing stock of the world!!

I can appreciate yuh thoughts breds. But, at de same time, I can see past de narrowness of de man's approach. De end may justify de means dis time. In de long run, getting Indo-Trinis and Indo-Bagos involved in football is more important than how we do it.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2006, 12:58:22 PM »

If Trinidad didnt qualify for the world cup, i MIGHT have tried to see his point, but this dutty stinking mudda kant called sat is a flicking mad man!!

Broken bones? Twisted ankle? dat does only affect indian people? steups!! what about a fawking cork ball in yuh chest!!

Once again, we have shown that we prefer to be the laughing stock of the world!!

I can appreciate yuh thoughts breds. But, at de same time, I can see past de narrowness of de man's approach. De end may justify de means dis time. In de long run, getting Indo-Trinis and Indo-Bagos involved in football is more important than how we do it.

Well said, Carenage. Look past d fact that Sat Maharaj suggested it. Bringing d man to Trinidad cant do any harm.

For a start, Dhorasso is an Indian player, playing on a French team with many Black players, which is a great example of how diversity can bring success. He may inspire more Indians to play football because of his heritage, but his football skills and success as part of the French team could inspire anyone, indian or otherwise.

Offline skatetackle

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2006, 10:40:44 PM »
Look here, I'z a Indian who played at 15 years old on my Secondary School's Senior league in TnT. I had stamina, drive, I could see the game, take direction and was supported by all my team, oh and take nuff bullet in my chest like anyone else, oh and also ran 100 meters in just over 11 secs in soft shoes on grass at 15. Man nobody could meet me and say I soft for nuthin'. When you in it you see past those things (race and colour) and really don't care who come from where as we all know talent and fame negates colour to a degree, but as a human race we need to move forward and get out the darkness which suppresses our human spirit. Get you mind out of the gutter. If the talent pool is bigger we have more opportunity to succeed, it's just the law of numbers. BTW who brought organized football and cricket to us, isn't it the English? Who are we to say who should play what and who should watch who. People could choose who the hell want to watch and support , why should we pass judgement on that.

Offline Bob

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2006, 11:03:51 AM »
I'd just like to remaind alyuh that Sat and GOPIO had a problem with calling de team Soca Warriors. :-[

Offline JabJab

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2006, 11:40:53 AM »
Whatever happen to being 'Trini' first and everythignafter? My race on this board is inconsequential because we talking about Trini football, not redman, chineeman, blackman football. If you as a trini indian need to be inspired to play football by another indian from some other country then you have a problem. Sat has always been and will continue to be an ass sowing seeds of discontent and trouble with those who are obviously vunerable to his nonsense. WHo doh like dis post can kiss [well based on all the posts about avatars being inappropriate  on here I'll keep it clean] someting!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2006, 05:15:30 PM »
If it have to take an Indian from Mauritius to motivate Indo Trindadians to play football according to Iwer We Reach. In this case is a new level of stupidity.

Sat and his GOPIO friends will continue to sow their seeds of discord but the ground ain't as fertile as it once was. They now they swimming against the tide but they still swimming.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dhorasoo quits French international scene
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2006, 08:03:21 AM »
ESPN Soccernet

Paris St Germain midfielder Vikash Dhorasoo said on Tuesday he no longer wanted to play for France.

Dhorasoo, 32, earned the last of his 18 caps as a late second-half substitute in the 1-1 draw against South Korea during the World Cup finals in Germany.

'If you ask me if I'm still interested to play for France I'll answer you that I'm not,' Dhorasso said in an interview run by French daily Le Parisien.

'I'm not interested in playing for Les Bleus anymore. It's over. That's it,' he said.

Dhorasoo, who made his international debut in March 1999, became a regular first choice under coach Raymond Domenech but was overlooked at the World Cup finals.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: Dhorasoo quits French international scene
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2006, 08:27:23 AM »
ESPN Soccernet

Paris St Germain midfielder Vikash Dhorasoo said on Tuesday he no longer wanted to play for France.

Dhorasoo, 32, earned the last of his 18 caps as a late second-half substitute in the 1-1 draw against South Korea during the World Cup finals in Germany.

'If you ask me if I'm still interested to play for France I'll answer you that I'm not,' Dhorasso said in an interview run by French daily Le Parisien.

'I'm not interested in playing for Les Bleus anymore. It's over. That's it,' he said.

Dhorasoo, who made his international debut in March 1999, became a regular first choice under coach Raymond Domenech but was overlooked at the World Cup finals.
dais alld e details..y he change his mind wah is de bacanal?
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2006, 09:07:13 AM »
The man is a 32 year old sub.

It ent have no heights in that...he gorn tru.

it better to bow out gracefully than get boot orf....the man take in front before front take him.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2006, 09:31:02 AM »

It takes too much to look past the narrow-mindedness of Sat's approach.

Everyone knows that Sat is a racial man and his way of thinking is racially based.  We need to stop encouraging this. 

Yes i would be happier for a bigger player pool, but to see ah whole world cup that YOUR country is playing in and decide to overlook de fact that we were the smallest nation and the fact that we mixed it up with the big guns behooves me!!

I think it is an insult to the efforts of our players that two substitute appearances from a man of the same race wil inspire Inidans more than the accomplishments of fellow sons of the soil.

nb: ah feel Sat was backing France in de world cup, not Trinidad.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2006, 10:49:18 AM »
First of we all know there is no 'Indian' race, it's ASIAN, just as there is no euro-race it's CAUC 'ASIAN', Sat's pro hindu stance which is seen as racist, could the same be said of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. pro african american stance, Malcolm X, Marcus etc.. and african american women who notice that african american males hook up with caucasian females, when they voice their hurt is this to be labeled racist...

Now that Jagdeosingh is trying to make a name for himself, Sat will not acknowledge this individual because Sat is all about politics, those of us who are trini's first will not be affected by politics but others who are about race will be part of that pnm/unc demon that is holding us back....

football is a tool that binds us under the 'trini' umbrella and is a way out for the less fortunate afro trini males, lets see who will support, by their fruits you will know them...

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2006, 10:55:57 AM »
First of we all know there is no 'Indian' race, it's ASIAN, just as there is no euro-race it's CAUC 'ASIAN', Sat's pro hindu stance which is seen as racist, could the same be said of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. pro african american stance, Malcolm X, Marcus etc.. and african american women who notice that african american males hook up with caucasian females, when they voice their hurt is this to be labeled racist...

Now that Jagdeosingh is trying to make a name for himself, Sat will not acknowledge this individual because Sat is all about politics, those of us who are trini's first will not be affected by politics but others who are about race will be part of that pnm/unc demon that is holding us back....

football is a tool that binds us under the 'trini' umbrella and is a way out for the less fortunate afro trini males, lets see who will support, by their fruits you will know them...

Yuh sound like a St George's man dey boy

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 08, 2006, 11:15:48 AM »

It takes too much to look past the narrow-mindedness of Sat's approach.

Everyone knows that Sat is a racial man and his way of thinking is racially based.  We need to stop encouraging this. 

Yes i would be happier for a bigger player pool, but to see ah whole world cup that YOUR country is playing in and decide to overlook de fact that we were the smallest nation and the fact that we mixed it up with the big guns behooves me!!

I think it is an insult to the efforts of our players that two substitute appearances from a man of the same race wil inspire Inidans more than the accomplishments of fellow sons of the soil.

nb: ah feel Sat was backing France in de world cup, not Trinidad.

now Sat is a racist yes, but I don't see anywhere that he say that Dhorasoo will inspire Indo-Trinidadians more than the soca warriors.  Admittedly, he might very well believe it though.

He is stupid to bring in the whole angle about injuries and what not with regard to Hindu children, but who is to say that we shouldn't draw inspiration from outside our own shores.  I like Maradona and Zidane almost as much as I like Latapy, and I don't feel conflicted about it.

Also, people will always be inspired by others who have experiences/characteristics that seem to parallel to their own, that is human nature. Whether that is because of nationality, cultural identity, religion, similar socio-economic situations etc etc etc.  would it be a problem if Jack Warner bring Zidane or Ronaldo to some of the poorer communities as an example of a man who grow up in a similar environment and still make it to top?

Anyhow, if they bringing him to T&T they should carry him everywhere anyway, not just in hindu schools/communities.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #136 on: August 08, 2006, 11:46:31 AM »

The idea of grouping people according to skin colour, hair texture and body stucture is a load of crap. All of this about Cuacasian, Mongoloid, Negroid or Indian or Asian has absolutely no scientific foundation. A "black" man from West Africa is as genetically different from a "black" man in East Africa as he is to a Swede or Spaniard. Race does't exist.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2006, 12:42:55 PM »
Is Stern tuh blame for sat being ah racist
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2006, 12:55:10 PM »
Is Stern tuh blame for sat being ah racist

Of course Berris Absolutely...he must be put a bad tackle on one of Sat daughters.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2006, 03:10:31 PM »

The idea of grouping people according to skin colour, hair texture and body stucture is a load of crap. All of this about Cuacasian, Mongoloid, Negroid or Indian or Asian has absolutely no scientific foundation. A "black" man from West Africa is as genetically different from a "black" man in East Africa as he is to a Swede or Spaniard. Race does't exist.

We are all spiritual beings having an earthly experience, when on earth as they say, when in rome do as the romans, race was used to enslave man, when Dr. Eric Williams said, 'the blackest thing in slavery was not the black man', it opened the eyes of people worldwide, Malcolm X said 'by any means necessary' then Bob Marley took it further and said' emancipate your self from mental slavery', the only black royalty was wipe out by rome, it seem like some people are going out of their way to keep down other people, the term we're all created equal is something some people have problems with...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2006, 03:35:16 PM »

Horse the mere fact that you lump Martin Luther King's message & Malcom X's into the same category is testament that yuh have no clue what yuh talking about.....They were both African American revolutionaries, but were coming from totally different ends of the spectrum.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2006, 06:08:02 PM »
Horse the mere fact that you lump Martin Luther King's message & Malcom X's into the same category is testament that yuh have no clue what yuh talking about.....They were both African American revolutionaries, but were coming from totally different ends of the spectrum.....

ok Kicker ah ent know better...but could you explain the difference please?
was one peaceful and the other a badboy?

i never really meddled and read up on that kinda thing but whenever i heard bout it in a movie or in the news..it somehow seems to me as they and their followers always bitching and blaming the white colonial man for every little problem they had.

Tallman why de arse yuh had to drag this thread back up  ;D

ah wonder if Dhorasoo had another reason fuh quitting the French team too?lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2006, 06:15:49 PM »
wait... i can sing this Hindi song from ah pepsi cricket music video from de last cricket world cup!

does this make me eligible!?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2006, 06:20:18 PM »

i never really meddled and read up on that kinda thing but whenever i heard bout it in a movie or in the news..it somehow seems to me as they and their followers always bitching and blaming the white colonial man for every little problem they had.

OOH MAH GAWD!!!  :rotfl:........look somebody else quench dis man thirst for knowledge please...I goin downstairs to get ah carib

Feliz boy.....LAWD!!!  :P
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2006, 06:26:53 PM »

We are all spiritual beings having an earthly experience, when on earth as they say, when in rome do as the romans, race was used to enslave man, when Dr. Eric Williams said, 'the blackest thing in slavery was not the black man', it opened the eyes of people worldwide, Malcolm X said 'by any means necessary' then Bob Marley took it further and said' emancipate your self from mental slavery', the only black royalty was wipe out by rome, it seem like some people are going out of their way to keep down other people, the term we're all created equal is something some people have problems with...
Eric Williams is my one of my intellectual heroes. I am most moved by his words in his independence address- "There can be no more Mother Africa ,Mother India ......there can only be Mother Trinidad and Tobago." There are some who see this kind of sentiment as a form of self loathing , a way to stifle the Africa or the India in us. I see it as a guideline ignored. Here we are in 2006 we have NAEAP and we have GOPIO. Everybody has a holiday and each one tries to out do the other. A recent trend is the making of bogus claims of struggle and discrimination. It is a most disappointing situation.

I may be unpopular for saying this but its my belief that I am a Caribbean person and a Trinidadian. Just because a man is as black as I am doesn't make him my brother. I am not an African and I say so not denegrate African people. Its just out of respect- I don't know what Accra or Dakar looks like. I've never seen Lagos and Monrovia is just a place on the map for me. I don't know these people or their struggles. I have not experienced their history and I don't know their ambitions. I do however know Port of Spain, St. Georges and Kingstown.

Earlier in this thread I claimed that Africans and Indians are nothing like Trinidadians. The claim was quickly shot down and I didn't bother to reply. I was taught early that the concept of African or Indian is farcical in nature. Perhaps the latter has greater credence since technicaly it describes a nationality and not neccessarily a cultural similarity. Former President of India Vajpay said words to the effect that India was an idea invented by politicians to synthetically mobilise people to meet their own ends.India is place where from state to state there is mutual unintelligibility of language. In other words different people, different culture , different language. The same exists in Africa. There are literally 1000s of laguages in South Africa alone. The point I'm trying to bring across is that the thrust of panafricanism and all other isms of that kind simply acknowledges that the Europeans are right. Sat seems to be a part of this kind of thinking. Lets just group everbody who look similar together. Its a rationale that ignores history and real cultural differences. And by culture I'm not talking about music clothes and food. I said before I'll say it again Yorke and Carlos are better able to relate to hindu boy from Couva than any strange person who happens to share the skin tone and hair.

I am a Caribbean person because my history is here. We do not have the same strengths and weaknesses as African states. We are better and worse prepared as the case me be to deal with the future. To deny that centuries of progress in a different geographical area among different people  with different resources shift your identity on a new path is naive in my view.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2006, 06:39:30 PM »

Eric Williams is my one of my intellectual heroes. I am most moved by his words in his independence address- "There can be no more Mother Africa ,Mother India ......there can only be Mother Trinidad and Tobago." There are some who see this kind of sentiment as a form of self loathing , a way to stifle the Africa or the India in us. I see it as a guideline ignored. Here we are in 2006 we have NAEAP and we have GOPIO. Everybody has a holiday and each one tries to out do the other. A recent trend is the making of bogus claims of struggle and discrimination. It is a most disappointing situation.

I may be unpopular for saying this but its my belief that I am a Caribbean person and a Trinidadian. Just because a man is as black as I am doesn't make him my brother. I am not an African and I say so not denegrate African people. Its just out of respect- I don't know what Accra or Dakar looks like. I've never seen Lagos and Monrovia is just a place on the map for me. I don't know these people or their struggles. I have not experienced their history and I don't know their ambitions. I do however know Port of Spain, St. Georges and Kingstown.

Earlier in this thread I claimed that Africans and Indians are nothing like Trinidadians. The claim was quickly shot down and I didn't bother to reply. I was taught early that the concept of African or Indian is farcical in nature. Perhaps the latter has greater credence since technicaly it describes a nationality and not neccessarily a cultural similarity. Former President of India Vajpay said words to the effect that India was an idea invented by politicians to synthetically mobilise people to meet their own ends.India is place where from state to state there is mutual unintelligibility of language. In other words different people, different culture , different language. The same exists in Africa. There are literally 1000s of laguages in South Africa alone. The point I'm trying to bring across is that the thrust of panafricanism and all other isms of that kind simply acknowledges that the Europeans are right. Sat seems to be a part of this kind of thinking. Lets just group everbody who look similar together. Its a rationale that ignores history and real cultural differences. And by culture I'm not talking about music clothes and food. I said before I'll say it again Yorke and Carlos are better able to relate to hindu boy from Couva than any strange person who happens to share the skin tone and hair.

I am a Caribbean person because my history is here. We do not have the same strengths and weaknesses as African states. We are better and worse prepared as the case me be to deal with the future. To deny that centuries of progress in a different geographical area among different people  with different resources shift your identity on a new path is naive in my view.

Jah Gol, i agree with alot of what you say.

note: by the interpretation of "India" and "Africa" above, the concept of Trinidadian is equally farcical.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2006, 06:54:54 PM »

I hope that was a joke. If it isn't, that's actually kinda insulting. In the days of Martin Luther king, U.S.A was an apartheid nation, (just as S.Africa was up until the 90's).....and blacks were 2nd class citizens without the full set of human rights.....so if you chalk that up "bitching and blaming the white colonial man for every little problem they had"...then you're very very misguided. Some might even consider what you said, disrespectful....I doh talk race, so I done there........People might "bitch and complain" now, but back then it was alot more than that..... like I say, I hope you were just kidding.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 06:56:46 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2006, 07:05:09 PM »

Jah Gol, i agree with alot of what you say.

note: by the interpretation of "India" and "Africa" above, the concept of Trinidadian is equally farcical.

Very true. That is is the whole irony of the whole thing. The good part about it is that a lot of people are demonstrating their Trinidadianess and in midst of all the tension we still find room to douglarise literally and figuratively. My hope is that in 30 years time through efforts in education (not neccessarily schooling) we can carve out an identity that is unique(this is already the case to some extent but this debate about the mother lands should be a distant memory by then.)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2006, 07:18:57 PM »

I hope that was a joke. If it isn't, that's actually kinda insulting. In the days of Martin Luther king, U.S.A was an apartheid nation, (just as S.Africa was up until the 90's).....and blacks were 2nd class citizens without the full set of human rights.....so if you chalk that up "bitching and blaming the white colonial man for every little problem they had"...then you're very very misguided. Some might even consider what you said, disrespectful....I doh talk race, so I done there........People might "bitch and complain" now, but back then it was alot more than that..... like I say, I hope you were just kidding.

as you say..i was misguided...not it was not a joke..sorry if yuh probably got offended etc

obviously i was wrong to class both of them fellas in the same category..cause certain things happen at certain points in time right?
but as i said..the message (from the media) seemed to be of similarr nature to me(rebelling and blame the whiteman), hence i made that comment bout the complaining.
ah think ah see where yuh coming from though..i know little bout the Rosa Parks back of the bus thing and the segregation of society..was that in Martin Luther days?..and also only occured in the South?

what was malcom X main grouse..or should i say cause?
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2006, 07:47:54 PM »
but as i said..the message (from the media) seemed to be of similarr nature to me(rebelling and blame the whiteman), hence i made that comment bout the complaining.
ah think ah see where yuh coming from though..i know little bout the Rosa Parks back of the bus thing and the segregation of society..was that in Martin Luther days?..and also only occured in the South?

what was malcom X main grouse..or should i say cause?

Dat is ah big blind spot yuh have dey. It was America's version of apartheid. Yuh would need tuh read up on de Civil Rights Movement tuh see de kinda tings dey was trying tuh overcome. Here is an appetizer: Examples of Jim Crow laws in various states
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>